report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Kenya Orphan Scams

Several of my group memebers and I have become victims of a pastor who calls himself Apostle George Morara in Kenya claiming to be collecting money for orphans when actually he is using the money for his own purposes. About a month ago, I told him I would be donating money to sponsor his orphans when in fact he told me he was using the money for his son's medical treatment.

He then asked me to send him money a few weeks ago because he and his family were thrown out of their house and he was living with friends in Nairobi.

About one week ago, said he needed money for a hotel in Mombasa. He asked for $45.00, which I sent him. He called me the nest day saying he was stranded in Mombasa trying to collect a recent shipment of goods from the UK. He said he needed $115.00. I refused to send him money saying that I was not responsible for him. Then he wanted me to set up an account with his name on it so that he could transfer $100,000 into it. I refused. He wanted me to set up the account at a Barclay's Bank. After I told him I would not do anything illegal, he ended our conversation.

My group has been planning a mission trip with this pastor for June, but I am afraid we will not be getting involved with him. I have received reports that others were dped into sending money to him. He has changed his address twice since we have been dealing with him (since October.)

There have also been reports that this man has built an eight bedroom house in Kenya from orphan donations. He has pictures on his website of the orphans. At one time he said he was working with 86 orphans, then he daid 180, now he says there are 800. He claims to have planted 16 churches and in other places he reports he has planted 35. he is not consistent as a man of God should be.

Bookmark and Share

Last edited by gailcav : 03-09-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Kenya Orphan Scams

He sounds like a variation of the 'charity scam'. The name he gave you is fake, as is his charity. As you suspect, he has kept all money sent to him. He is not a pastor and there is not an orphanage.

You don't mention how you sent the donations but I suspect is was by Western Union or moneygram? Legit charities do not use those money transfer companies for any reason.

Please post up his email address, his website address and any emails he sent asking for money. That way, others might more easily find your post.

The fact that he mentions his son's medical treatment instead of orphans tells me that he is running several different scams and mixed up you and another victim. He may or may not have a son but needing money for medical treatment is a another favorite scam.

Setting up an account for him to run stolen credit card withdrawals, spoofed paypal accounts, fake checks and for other victims to make deposits into, is another type of scam.

There is a scam warning site in my signature line that would love to add your information to their list of scammers.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks for responding. This man's e-mail is at http://www.apostlegeorgekenya@hotmail.com. His website is http://www.apostlegeorgekenya.co.cc

Several of my group members and I made donations to him by wire transfer to Western Union. He has contact information on his website with directions to send money. he has changed his mailing address several times. The latest is P.O. Box 6014-00100, Nairobi Kenya. His telephone number is 254 722 631 634.

He also operates on Skype. His Skype ID is apostle.george.morara.onsarigo. He has taken his Save Orphans and Widows site down form Face Book and has set up another one which is a closed membership.

If I find out more about him, I will report it here.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 AM

Thanks for posting his email address and website.

A free email service such as yahoo, hotmail or gmail are also signs of a scammer along with using Western Union/moneygram.

Since you emailed him and sent him money, all your members need to be careful. Scammers will rarely leave paying victims alone, the scammers will open a new email accounts and sell your email to their scamming buddies in order to scam you again.

Other fake charities will email you along with dying widows with millions in the bank, the bank manager with access to an dead person's bank account with millions, the sad sob story of parents dying in tragic accidents, refugees in camps with internet access, widowers with a young child working overseas/on an oil rig or military personnal with trunk boxes of cash found in the desert.

Even going so low as to say they are a representative from some official sounding organization that can 'recover' your money from the scammer if you only pay a fee or 3 via Western Union.

In the end, you might have to close your email account and open a new similiar sounding one just to get away from that scammer and his buddies.

My advice is to google everything, street addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, names used and post on every fraud-watching-scam-warning site you can find.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Greetings ,
Kindly i am shocked beyond believe that there is a post today that Apostle George Morara Onsarigo is a scammer.
I HAVE BEEN BENEFITING FROM THE MINISTRY AND ONE OF THE FOUNDATION HERE IN KENYA BEING RUN BY THIS MAN OF GOD.
I BELIEVE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT THAT THERE IS SERIOUS WITCH HUNTING HERE AND WHOEVER WHO POSTED THIS THING DOES NOT REALLY KNOW IS HE/SHE DOESNT KNOW .
IF SHE COMES TO KENYA I WILL SHOW HER /HIM MORE THAN 6 PROJECTS BEING UNDERTAKEN BY APOSTLE GEORGE TO DONATE TO THE WIDOWS AND ORPHANS .
LAST WEEK WE RECEIVED SANITARY PADS FROM HIS ORGANIZATION AND ORPHANS RECEIVED 2 KILOS OF RICE EACH .
CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION AND FACTS ON THE GROUND .
Deaconess Thabita Orina
Eldoret Kenya

Old 03-19-2010, 07:29 AM

And how would we contact you? You didn't give us your email address, street address, phone number, website or anything other than a name.

You didn't post any pictures but then again, there are plenty of those on that dodgy site.

You do realise that using all CAPITAL letters is considered shouting, is unprofessional and is frequently used by internet scammers who are upset when they are 'outed'.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thabitha Orina View Post
Greetings ,
Kindly i am shocked beyond believe that there is a post today that Apostle George Morara Onsarigo is a scammer.
I HAVE BEEN BENEFITING FROM THE MINISTRY AND ONE OF THE FOUNDATION HERE IN KENYA BEING RUN BY THIS MAN OF GOD.
I BELIEVE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT THAT THERE IS SERIOUS WITCH HUNTING HERE AND WHOEVER WHO POSTED THIS THING DOES NOT REALLY KNOW IS HE/SHE DOESNT KNOW .
IF SHE COMES TO KENYA I WILL SHOW HER /HIM MORE THAN 6 PROJECTS BEING UNDERTAKEN BY APOSTLE GEORGE TO DONATE TO THE WIDOWS AND ORPHANS .
LAST WEEK WE RECEIVED SANITARY PADS FROM HIS ORGANIZATION AND ORPHANS RECEIVED 2 KILOS OF RICE EACH .
CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION AND FACTS ON THE GROUND .
Deaconess Thabita Orina
Eldoret Kenya

Your prolly the same pastor dude whose being accused of being a scam artist. Give it up...

Old 05-27-2010, 03:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Here is a letter I received from a person who claims to be in a refugee camp.

My dear
How are you doing today together with your health that is most important thing to me and how was your night.i hope that you are doing very great over there in your country. For I am the end hoping that very soon that i will be there with you immediately after the transfer of my money into your account for a betterment of life with you and continue with my studies. My dear thanked for your call as you said please if our i'm allowed by warfare officer to go to Reverend office i will give you a missed call through. Darling, like you know, I am living in the refugee camp here in Dakar-Senegal.In this camp, its just like one staying in the prison and I hope by God's grace, I will come out here soon.I do not have any relatives now whom I can go to as all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war.The only person I have Benard Rev.Charles now is who is the pastor of (Our Lords chosen Church) here in the camp, he has been very nice to me since I came here but I am not living with him rather I live in the female's hostel because the camp has two hostels one for men the other for women.Please try to call by 2 GMT with The Pastor's Telephone number is: (00-221-7651 - 97,690), when you call, tell him that you want to speak with me, so that he will send for me in the hostel.Please call me today, I love to hear your voice.As a refugee here, I do not have any right or privilege to anything be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country..I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that led to the death of my parents took place.Please listen to this, I have my late father's statement of account and death certificate here with me which I will send to you later, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a bank, which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount is $ 7.3M (Seven Million Three Hundred Thousand U.S. Dollars). I know I will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you. I kept this secret to people in the camp here the only person that knows about it is the Reverend because he is like a father to me.So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and do not tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.Sir, I will like you to send me all the under-mentioned particulars, for me to know you more, and know whom I am dealing with.
Below here is what I need from you so that I can forward it to the bank to start the processing of transfer procedures with you as my representative:
(1) Full name
(2) country of residence & city
3) Phone Number
Remember, I am giving you all this information due to the trust I reposed in you.I love you because you are an honest and understanding person.You are truthful, full of vision and a hardworking person.Thanks for your sweet regards for me. You are a nice person, I love to meet you very soon.I will like you to call me, call around 2pm GMT.I want to hear your voice I love and care for you.
Have a nice day and think about me.
Yours forever in love
Kate
kate_aliyu@yahoo.com

Old 05-27-2010, 01:24 PM

That is a nice example of the 'orphan refugee with millions in the bank' type scam. The "pastor's phone number" is just the scammer's phone number, he wants you to call at a specific time because that is when his girlfriend is around to pretend to be the poor refugee.

The professing of love is a common aspect in that type of scam. The next email will say something like, email the banker/barrister who will help you transfer the funds. The banker/barrister will have a free email address and will demand you pay by Western Union or moneygram as 'that is the way it is done' here. Fees, certificates, taxes, court costs, will all come next, each one more expensive than the next.

Has she sent pictures of a sexy, gorgeousness female in a cute outfit yet? Those will have been stolen from a modeling site.

Delete the emails, ignore/block that scammer. Don't bother responding as it isn't worth your effort. That scammer has one job in life, convincing you to send him cash via Western Union for whatever reasons he can dream up.

Try googling the email address, names used and lines from that email, you might find your scammer already has been posted on a scam-warner type site.