report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Newbie Member

My Harvest America

Anyone know anything about this one, i joined because it seems different than alot of the other ones.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: My Harvest America

what do they want you to do and how much do you have to pay to work for them?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Newbie Member

I'm new on the site and do not want to break any of the rules so someone tell me if i go overboard. But what it is actually is is an online grocery store with pretty steep discounted prices, you can get just about everything name branded with the exception of cold stuff of course. No shipping cost, no tax. It does have a 3 by 8 matrix, but i'm right now just want to see what the grocery savings will do for me. It launched Dec 22 2009 and at last count had about 6 or 7 thousand in

Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Newbie Member

Sorry i left off your last question, it cost 29.99 a month to be a member

Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemram View Post
Sorry i left off your last question, it cost 29.99 a month to be a member
I guess a good way to tell if a MLM is legit is to ask yourself if people would buy the product at the price if it wasn't MLM.

So my queston would be - would people be willing to pay $30 a month to be able to order groceries online? I don't think you would find that many people, but thats just me....

Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Why are we here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
I guess a good way to tell if a MLM is legit is to ask yourself if people would buy the product at the price if it wasn't MLM.

So my queston would be - would people be willing to pay $30 a month to be able to order groceries online? I don't think you would find that many people, but thats just me....
obviously one would have to save at least $30 a month for it to be a good deal

how deep are the 'deep discounts'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
What am I hiding? My true identity and I've been quite successful at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
I'm not hiding my identity.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

i rarely order anything online because i'm never home to get the package delivered. they just leave a note for me to go pick it up 10 miles away, obviously a waste of time and money.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

You can always tell from the website ratings how succesful it is going to be in a short term at least
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www.myharvestamerica.com

Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Newbie Member

Getting something for your membership is definately something i want instead of just a matrix. I've done some good research at my local grocery stores including walmart. Here are some examples( you need to be a member to see the entire list)
1.Charmin 6 pack 5.84(regular price in all stores i've been in has been over$8 bucks
2.Brawny 8 ct. 7.14( price in stores have pushed 11 bucks in some stores)
3.Rice Krispies 3.24 bigbox ( 4.50 to 4.98 in other stores
4.Axe deodorant 3.11(3.79 average in others

Old 03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Getting something for your membership is definately something i want instead of just a matrix. I've done some good research at my local grocery stores including walmart. Here are some examples( you need to be a member to see the entire list)
1.Charmin 6 pack 5.84(regular price in all stores i've been in has been over$8 bucks
From those examples given, the discounts don't look to be any greater than when regular supermarkets have the stuff on sale. The sample prices given on My Harvest's website are much lower. I doubt if this would be a good venture that would pay off in savings or recruiting. I'd stick with Costco or the other clubs.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

I remember 5-7 years ago there were quite a few companies that delivered food and nonperishable items to peoples homes. They all failed because delivery costs(free or almost free) bankrupted them.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Bronze Member

The groceries are much cheaper than at the stores and that includes Costco, Sam's Club or even BJ's Wholesale. It makes complete sense to become a member. The big and only downfall is right now is that it takes 3 weeks to get your groceries, however MHA just took over the warehouse to improve the shipping.

I have placed 7 orders so far and I have actually done a video on my last order which cost me $115.94 and at my local Big Y here in MA the 61 items would have cost $234.05. I save $118.11 just on that one order, makes perfect sense to me.

There is a video that shows the shipping, the packaging and the actual groceries that were delivered. I won't post the link to where the video is, but I'm sure you will see it if you look for it below.

BTW, it will take a long time to make what I consider "good" residual income but it does make sense to save money.

It's never too late to start again.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
I remember 5-7 years ago there were quite a few companies that delivered food and nonperishable items to peoples homes. They all failed because delivery costs(free or almost free) bankrupted them.
Precisely.... not to mention customer servie for lost/incomplete orders...

First off for paper products - I would go to Costco, Target, Walmart or some other store - i wouldn't get it at a local Ralph's grocery store. Then ask yourself how much it would cost to ship 8 rolls of paper towels...

if it only costs $2 to ship 8 rolls - I would be supprised... And when they only cost 7 dollars - not a lot of margin there.

Just look at the alexa numbers...

If someone can get me a link to the actual store to see real prices - I would like to see what things cost...

Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Newbie Member

You may be right, i'm only basing it off what i saw on the shelfs like at Reids, Iga and Walmart. Walmart was the closest, but on all the 20 items i bought MHA was cheaper on all 20. I figured the savings on that particular visit of 20 items was around 18 bucks. Also Wal-Mart in my area is about 10 miles away. Time will tell on this one, i will let everyone know how its been going. Check the youtube videos, i believe Costco was compared in one of the videos if i'm not mistaken. Get the prices off the home videos, and then go to your local market.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Newbie Member

Thanks Mike, i wastyping my last thread as you was typing yours so i didn't see your response. I've heard shipping was a problem since they had to move in a bigger warehouse the first month.It is improving, some people in my upline have got their's in about 4 or 5 days. I believe Fed EX will leave at your door if you are not there, that has been the case with me for everything they have ever brought me.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ok. lets check Walgreens

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...n=push-product
1.Charmin 6 pack $3.99 ea.
http://www.walgreens.com/search/resu...Brawny&x=0&y=0
2.Brawny 8 ct. $6.99 ea.
http://www.walgreens.com/search/resu...ispies&x=0&y=0
3.Rice Krispies 2/$8.00.

Unless you lead very unhealthy life, you still need to drive to Supermarket couple times a week for fresh bread, fruits, vegetables, milk and so on. So you can check what is on sale right there. Chances are that most of the nonperishable stuff you buy will be on sale once in couple of months. Beats seating at home whole day and waiting for delivery guy to arrive.

Last edited by BorisZ : 03-08-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks Mike, i wastyping my last thread as you was typing yours so i didn't see your response. I've heard shipping was a problem since they had to move in a bigger warehouse the first month.It is improving, some people in my upline have got their's in about 4 or 5 days. I believe Fed EX will leave at your door if you are not there, that has been the case with me for everything they have ever brought me.
Can a non member see the grocery list (so we can check prices) or do you have to pay before your allowed to compare?

Also, they use FED EX to ship groceries?????

How is that possible if it takes up to 20 days?

Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
Can a non member see the grocery list (so we can check prices) or do you have to pay before your allowed to compare?
I second that request.