report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Satellite Direct - Scam?

I just set up my HTPC and want to watch TV channels through the internet to save on cable/satellite bills. I came accross satellitedirect.com and was pretty impressed with their website, but no amount of googling was enough to find unbias reviews. Literally 10 hours of searching and all I can find are 100's of fake reviews planted by the company to make their software sound great. Should I heed this red flag or does someone have any real experience with this software?

They advertise a $50 one-time fee to download/install and then unlimited access to 3500+ channels.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Satellite Direct - Scam?

Well I got some advice. Is the payment collected via Clickbank.com?
If you buy the service and if its not as advertised you got 60 days for a full money back refund. Just contact Clickbank to apply for refund. They are a good company!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Newbie Member

yea its such a scam. this site has an actual real review of the service http://cbexposed.info

Old 05-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

CloseoutJoe said
Quote:
If you buy the service and if its not as advertised you got 60 days for a full money back refund. Just contact Clickbank to apply for refund.
That isn't quite 100% true. The official refund policy starts with:
Quote:
1. What is ClickBank's return policy?

Our official return policy for all ClickBank products is as follows:
ClickBank will, at its discretion, allow for the return or replacement of any defective product within 60 days from the date of purchase. For recurring billing products, returns for more than one payment may be provided if requested within the standard 60 day return period. After 60 days all sales are final.
'not as advertised' is not the same as 'defective'

The entire refund policy is here:
http://www.clickbank.com/refund_policy_faq.html

Mod note, not an affiliate link.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 05-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Newbie Member

I guess it's always safest to pay these sites using paypal which gives you the option to file a dispute in case they are difficult in returning the money. The payment page claim to refund "any defective product" which I guess the product can be deemed in itself (not providing the hundreds of channels for individual countries that it claims can be accessed and so on).

Old 12-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Banned

Satellite Direct or any satellite TV for the PC is not necessarily a scam. In my opinion the software actually works, the only drawback is the service (number of channels you can watch) is over hyped. In addition performance and reliability is dependent on your ISP bandwidth (another thing to worry about). The truth is these so-called cost effective alternatives to satellite TV are but free TV channel aggregators. They merely round up free channels. So if you are in need of premium channels say sports channels it is more than likely that you won't get them. Put it this way if you cough up $50.00 odd dollars logic dictates you would get $50.00 worth of channels which you didn't know were free to start out with. The software just saves you time searching for it in the vastness of the internet. In conclusion I think as of this writing nothing can beat cable or satellite TV. The choice is yours to make. Good luck!

Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Review

Is Satellite Direct Scam!!!Does It Really works?

I bought Satellite Direct a year ago and i See lot of reviews. Iíve had no problems,You just have to dig into the software and learn how to use it before flying off the deep end and giving up. I watched plenty of Olympic coverage, as advertised, but I had to flip through the channels and sometimes settle for foreign language feeds. No problem. My friend got it recently and thought he was being scammed because it didnít work well. Turns out his internet connection was too slow. He bumped up the speed and the software is working perfectly now.

Last edited by roberts : 01-28-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This is a Scam !!
I tried to talk to their "live" agent.
It's a canned set of answers. (see attachment)
There is also no address, no telephone numbers anywhere on the website - BIG RED FLAG !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Anna says.pdf (47.4 KB, 1310 views)

Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i wondered about this to... seems to have a good deal... for all those channels...any real reviews

Old 02-09-2011, 02:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Satellite Direct TV NOT a Scam! As it turns out, its a nifty little piece of technology that lives up to the sales hype. With no dish, receiver or other hardware required (all you need is hi-speed internet), it just might be, as its maker claims, "The Future of Television"!

Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Any site that buys up multiple domains to give themselves good reviews isn't playing fair.

I checked this out myself. All you get is a convenient way to access free TV. You could make a browser folder, search for free TV streaming sites, and add them to the folder. This $50 software does nothing but give you an easy way to find what you can get for free. If that's worth $50 to you, then go for it.

Understand: You're NOT getting any channels that you'd ordinarily have to pay for. In other words, you won't get the main ESPN channels, HBO, Encore, Showtime, USA, A&E, GSN, .... in other words, no cable channels that don't offer a direct internet feed.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I recently purchased this service and I am very disappointed. Most of the channels don't work (you just get a progress bar) and the ones that do work have very back quality. My bandwidth is not the issues as I have 10M service. I will probably keep this as it is better then nothing but I was expecting more for my money.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Stopping Scammers

I got burnt ** one of these scams, it basically works this way:

You buy in to some service saying you get 7,000 channels.

You get an email with your download link, which makes you install windows media player to watch a bunch of video clips collected from around the web. It's very shoddy and the videos and "tv channels" are all free streams that are already offered for free. Many of them are community channels that have no real content, unless you enjoy community bulletins and city hall meetings from small town america.

If you're looking for big channels like ESPN and Cinemax and HBO or AMC, forget it because these software programs don't have it. Worse - most of the channels are broken and many are just links to YouTube that contain trailers or clips.

Terrible software and a big scam!

Old 08-26-2011, 03:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisonelies View Post
I just set up my HTPC and want to watch TV channels through the internet to save on cable/satellite bills. I came accross satellitedirect.com and was pretty impressed with their website, but no amount of googling was enough to find unbias reviews. Literally 10 hours of searching and all I can find are 100's of fake reviews planted ** the company to make their software sound great. Should I heed this red flag or does someone have any real experience with this software?

They advertise a $50 one-time fee to download/install and then unlimited access to 3500+ channels.
Hi
Sorry for bothering you but could you please let me know how did you go with TV offer ?
Regards OF

Old 09-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i have it and it works for me... beats paying a high cable bill...
it doesnt have all the channels but it has enough to choose from

Old 09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

my friend has it... and ive seen it in action so i dont think its a scam

Old 09-26-2011, 03:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucik View Post
my friend has it... and ive seen it in action so i dont think its a scam
Their hype is misleading. If that doesn't make it a scam, it certainly makes it deceptive. I have yet to find a channel that can't be found for free.

One of my friends bought this. I fooled around with it for about an hour. Many of the channels either don't work or are very slow. Many that do work stall frequently to reload. A lot of the "channels" consist of short videos, such as you would get when going to CNN's website. They certainly aren't live streaming. The live channels that exist are the same free-service ones that you can find on the internet.

Again, all this service does is put many sites that offer free video service in one convenient place. You're not going to get any pay/premium/on-demand channels, movies, or sports events for free. If it's worth $50 for the convenience, then get it.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i have this... the only thing about it is some channels arent on there but they do have thousands of channels