report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Medical Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Silver products - are they a scam?

Some of you may remember quite a long running argument about colloidal/ionic silver products, with many of you uninformed people saying it was a scam.

Looks like people are starting to catch on..... LINK
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Band

Re: Silver products - are they a scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
Some of you may remember quite a long running argument about colloidal/ionic silver products, with many of you uninformed people saying it was a scam.
I like how you title a thread as a question...but you've already made up your mind.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Well now Chris, I have a question for you. You've been taking this silver junk for quite a while now. Have you crapped out a 36 piece sterling tea service for 12 yet?

Old 02-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
Following that link...

Shining secret that makes silver precarious for your health

There, fixed it.

There was a typo in the headline on that link you gave.

You don't need to thank me for correcting it.

Last edited by Doc Bunkum : 02-28-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
I like how you title a thread as a question...but you've already made up your mind.
He never asks honest question.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member

Some products the FDA warned about contain silver, such as "Swine Flu...Gone," made by Secrets of Eden.

"Spray 'Swine Flu...Gone' with ionic silver on your hands and on any surface where these germs may exist and kill the virus," its site had claimed.

Secrets of Eden sells supplements and oils with a biblical flair, said its general manager, Rick Strawcutter, a former pastor in Adrian, Mich. The staff "got a little carried away" on marketing for one product and "drew the ire of the FDA," he said.

"It was not worth contesting," so he ordered a stop to it, Strawcutter said.

The federal Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry says silver "may cause harmful health effects,"depending on the amount and type of exposure.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...claims-102209/

Old 02-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member

Does anyone think this should be moved to "Medical Scams?"

Old 02-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member

Unless Chris bring some MLMs that sell these "products", it should be in Medical Scams.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Gold Member

Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy,

when will you learn ????

From the article YOU posted:

Quote:
However, more research needs to be conducted for the internal use of silver to be considered safe. 'A side effect when taken internally, is that you can develop blue discolouration beneath the skin,' says Prof Edwards Jones.

' Researchers would need to know more about this and any other adverse effects before it is used in this way.'
Hint: "up your nose" makes it "internal"

Old 02-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

Let me guess clinical testing, studies, etc are all those evil things the illuminati try to use to keep people from all these great drugs...

Remember that great drug Thalidomide? I wonder if they wish they did a little more testing....

FYI:
http://cira.ornl.gov/documents/SILVER.pdf
"In long-term oral studies with experimental animals, silver compounds have produced slight thickening
of the basement membranes of the renal glomeruli, growth depression, shortened lifespan, and granular silvercontaining
deposits in skin, eyes, and internal organs (Matuk et al., 1981; Olcott, 1948, 1950). Hypoactivity
was seen in rats subchronically exposed to silver nitrate in drinking water (Rungby and Danscher, 1984)."

but if silver kills stuff outside of the body - then it must be good to eat the stuff....

Seriously....you really liketo experiement with your own body?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Gold Member

I notice no one has yet brought up the subject of the risk of cross infection posed by usage of non sterile solutions.

Even "simple" OTC products such as saline and eye drops carry very clear warnings that the product/s should be disposed of within 30 days of opening.

Quote:
Always check out the expiration date on the bottles. Dispose of the ones that are way past the date, even if they are not opened yet. Change the saline solution, as well as your contact lenses as prescribed by your practitioner.

Before using a pair of lens, always disinfect. Even if the lenses are sitting in a saline solution overnight, you are still not assured that it is 100% free from bacteria. Use another splash of fresh saline solution to do the trick.
Quote:
EXPIRY: never use your eye drops after the expiry date as they may be contaminated with dirt or bacteria. Eye drops that contain a preservative should be thrown away four weeks after opening, and most of those that don't should be thrown away one week after opening. Follow the printed instructions given with your drops. Write the date you open your eye drops on the bottle so you know when to throw them away.
And these warnings are for product which ARE under the supervision of the F.D.A and ARE required to conform to a code of conduct, and DO NOT carry the warning:

"This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease"

Leaving aside the lack of proof as to the efficacy of using any silver based product internally, the potential for contamination and infection is extreme.

ESPECIALLY
when the solution is being recommended for use in, on or around the mouth, eye and nasal areas. (remembering the proximity of these regions to the brain)

Old 02-28-2010, 11:58 PM

Yes, Ionic Silver is a wonderful product, sold by many MLM companies (thats why this thread is here), as well as non-MLM internet and high street companies.

I've been using it for 3 to 4 months now and its completely cleared up a long standing sinus problem..

And no, I havent gone blue. Not even a very slight shade of blue.......

To answer my original question.... imo, no, its not a scam.

Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Banned

3 to 4 months? hmmmm. liar. youve been peddling and claiming to use that crap for much longer.

you are aware that one of the side effects of the pills you push is "shortened life span" arent you?

oh well...as long as the check clears.

btw sticking hydrigen peroxide up your nose, or cocaine, or lighter fluid or draino or other things like such can also "cure" sinus problems. doesnt mean its safe. you and your bullshit testimonials.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Banned

btw this belongs in
medical scams.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owninator View Post
3 to 4 months? hmmmm. liar. youve been peddling and claiming to use that crap for much longer.

you are aware that one of the side effects of the pills you push is "shortened life span" arent you?

btw sticking hydrigen peroxide up your nose, or cocaine, or lighter fluid or draino or other things like such can also "cure" sinus problems. doesnt mean its safe. you and your bullshit testimonials.

What pills? Are you sure you're on the right thread imbecile?
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
btw this belongs in
medical scams.
It belongs anywhere but here.

Doyle has been pushing (and lying about) a silver product here for months.

This is pure spam.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:25 AM

Quote:

I can see tator wildly searching the internet now and saying to himself ''was I wrong to say that colloidal silver comes in pills?''

About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Banned

nah. i use "pills" as a general term. powder, liquid, watever, its snakeoil, and you are a snakeoil pill pusher.