report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

AppStar Financial

Wanting to know if anyone has worked for these guys? My company filed bankruptcy after 51 years. They were tied to the housing bust.
Single dad of 2 trying to make a living. Currently working for US Remodelers for The Home Depot selling kitchen cabinet refacing in the home. Good money but 75% of the leads we get the people have no credit.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: AppStar Financial

I'd like to know the same. Sounds fine but no residuals whereas other similar companies offer residuals. I need to ask/know how business save money with Appstar.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

They are Ok if you are familiar with Merchant Transaction Prossesing, you will know that they are flex on the Discount Rates % and Swipe Fee. is like a big monopoly. Fast way to make some money if you got what it takes, I guess what makes Appstar better is that as a independent rep they give you ( 2 ) warm appointments per day, 5 days a week.

Let me know if you have any other questions......

Old 10-06-2010, 05:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Good Morning,

I am presently working for AppStar financial and have been for some time. Like everything else you get back what you put in. Income level for me is superlative. My wife works for another processor who is overpriced and justifies it because she is not a sales rep but a "relations manager". A sales rep in sheeps clothing selling overpriced processing. I have had no problems other than being the F1 button for my customers which I find to be a benefit because it helps me to develop a relationship with them as I get to do more things for them. Most customers have referred me to, on ther average 2 more customers as they are happy with Seamus and AppStar. Appstar has only had 13 complaints filed against them out of millions of customers twelve were resolved and the last one written off. Seems to say a lot about the company itself. I give it my highest recommendations except for anyone wanting monmouth county NJ which is my territory.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

There have been more then 13 complaints. 96 in last 3 years. Heres a link to the BBB showing it.

http://www.bbb.org/san-diego/busines...o-ca-27002508/

Old 07-14-2011, 04:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am interested in knowing how the merchant pays for appstar service . They offer rates that sound as if they are below cost per industry standard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossPanic View Post
They are Ok if you are familiar with Merchant Transaction Prossesing, you will know that they are flex on the Discount Rates % and Swipe Fee. is like a big monopoly. Fast way to make some money if you got what it takes, I guess what makes Appstar better is that as a independent rep they give you ( 2 ) warm appointments per day, 5 days a week.

Let me know if you have any other questions......

Old 07-14-2011, 04:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

How does merchant pay for service . Merchants I have talked to claim they are getting rates below cost. Does merchant pay daily rate not figured in monthly totals?

Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Appstar pays a form of residuals i believe they pay a set amount to the rep instead a percentage. If you have no marketing money and zero experience appstar could be a good place to start. No, I do not work for Appstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclattif View Post
I'd like to know the same. Sounds fine but no residuals whereas other similar companies offer residuals. I need to ask/know how business save money with Appstar.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I worked for Appstar Financial for just under two years ending late 2011.

I got divorced at 35, after loosing my job and being unemployed for a while. I responded to an Appstar job posting on monster.com and applied and got the job.

I was previously selling Yellow Pages Ads, but as you know that business really dried up. I was very happy at Appstar and they do what they say they are going to do, they get you appointments. It's not an easy job, but it is easier that selling YP ads, but like anything you get out of it what you put into it.

My only reason for leaving is that I got a job as an assistant store manager at a sporting goods store. Less driving, but I sometimes miss meeting with customers face to face and solving their credit card processing needs.

I endorse them 100% when it comes to setting appointments and doing what they said they would do. Training is intensive but worth it. Also you have to love dealing with all types of people and being flexible in your expectations of the "perfect" appointment.

Good company and I would go back if I ever needed to. Oh, no residuals but I got paid immediately.