report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
REBEL

Million Dollar Program

Is anyone familiar with "The Million Dollars By Mail Program"?

Bookmark and Share

Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Million Dollar Program

I tried researching it. The very first name that popped up was a professional crook, "Brother" John Hostick, who's been running one scam after another out of what appears to be a trailer park in Florida.

Not a good sign at all.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
I tried researching it. The very first name that popped up was a professional crook, "Brother" John Hostick, who's been running one scam after another out of what appears to be a trailer park in Florida.

Not a good sign at all.
Is this the same program where you pay $100 to join, then another $100 for some product.

I had a postcard in the mail from a woman in Florida with a # from North Carolina marketing this program.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Online Marketer

I've been in business with Million Mail Program since late Dec, 09. I have nothing but good to say about the program... I've made good money and more importantly helped those joining with me to do the same, just as the fellow I joined through did for me.

Re: "Brother John Hostick" took from MMP and made his own fly-by-night deal. He also misappropriated copyrighted materials from MMP. This guy is NOT MMP. Remember, Prof Higgins said the FIRST name to pop was Hostick's... that just means he knows how to do SEO for his own site.

The postcard you received from the woman in NC would definitely be worth looking into further, to be sure she's aligned with MMP.

Also, the reason for the return address from FL with a ph # from NC is the mailing service for the post cards will put their own return address, to give us credit for returned mail. The phone # is for the woman who contracted for the mailing.

Duane Mobley
Big Money From Mail

Last edited by lionshare : 03-15-2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Additional info

Old 03-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

You're hardly a good reference, Duane!

Let's see... you're in Profusion X, Infinity Downline, Stuffurwallet, and you're the account manager for Image Forward LLC. The first three all scream that you can't recognize fraud if your life depended on it; the last one says "sleazebag."

Plus, in Aug. 2008 you were arguing in favor of "cash leveraging." Want me to have some of my American friends file against you with the IRS for unreproted income from THAT? Not to mention all the other fly-by-nights you've sworn by over the years.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is Brother John Hostick first I would like to say Iím only here to clear my name. Yes I do promote The Million Mail Program,, and yes I did create my own website, and postcards for The Million Mail Program. But letís be real here Iím I a scam artist for being unique, and not like everyone else in The Million Mail Program. The only different from me, and other people who promote The Million Mail Program is I use postcards to drive traffic to my website, instead of using The plain 4 page letter. Since I use postcards to advertise the program I had to also create a website for my prospects to get more information about the program. When people join my team in The Million Mail Program I also include a real physical product which is my postcard marketing guide itís a guide thatís teaching people how to promote any business using postcards. So again letís be real here Iím I Brother John Hostick a scam artist for creating my own website, postcards, and physical product for my new team members in The Million Mail Program?

Last edited by newaffiliate101 : 05-10-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: error

Old 05-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member

You don't get it, John.

I consider you a scam artist for your flagrant and repeated violations of your own state's laws, not because of any single program or website.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Online Marketer

Wow... What an amazing slice of vitriol, "Professor"!

I appreciate you clearing up for me whether I should assign any credibility to your
nearly 900 other posts (Indeed, sir, do you actually HAVE a life??).

Old 05-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionshare View Post
Wow... What an amazing slice of vitriol, "Professor"!

I appreciate you clearing up for me whether I should assign any credibility to your
nearly 900 other posts (Indeed, sir, do you actually HAVE a life??).
[sarcasm]
Let me check... the front door of my office says "Grim Reaper", so I would suspect that your answer is a solid "no."

And I see that St. Mark left me a memo to route your soul to Malabolgia, the 8th Circle of Hell, upon your exit from the mortal coil, Duane. Care to explain what sin you committed?
[/sarcasm]

Old 05-22-2010, 08:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

you know, i tried it because i really really really really hate my job BAD! and i just had my son 4 months ago so i tried it when i got my tax money in the beginning of the year and I love it... I have never had anything work for me but i have broke way more than even. its a lot of work tho but i find it fun. I wasnt even in the program for a month and recieved $200.00 and with work cutting our hours, that $200.00 helped unbelievably. So is it a scam? no. It works for me and i have fun with this program.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:59 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionshare View Post
I've been in business with Million Mail Program since late Dec, 09. I have nothing but good to say about the program... I've made good money and more importantly helped those joining with me to do the same, just as the fellow I joined through did for me.

Re: "Brother John Hostick" took from MMP and made his own fly-by-night deal. He also misappropriated copyrighted materials from MMP. This guy is NOT MMP. Remember, Prof Higgins said the FIRST name to pop was Hostick's... that just means he knows how to do SEO for his own site.

The postcard you received from the woman in NC would definitely be worth looking into further, to be sure she's aligned with MMP.

Also, the reason for the return address from FL with a ph # from NC is the mailing service for the post cards will put their own return address, to give us credit for returned mail. The phone # is for the woman who contracted for the mailing.

Duane Mobley
Big Money From Mail
You say that this program "Million Dollars by Mail" is so great, right? Then here is an up-date. The person that I mentioned before who lives in Florida but has a phone # from N.C. has dropped out of the "Million Dollar by Mail program. She told me that she regrets ever getting involved and told me that this is another one of those programs that promises alot, but delivers very little, if at all.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I respect everyones opinion, is true their is a lot of programs out their that don't work but in doesn't cost trying. I did the dollar program and it did not work at first then I got another one and I try it the only thing is I change so things in it and it did work not like it said but it did. I do the million dollar one too, the only thing is easier for me because we have a group already and we all stay comunicated. I will be honest when you have nothing you have nothing to loss, so trying something that can change your life and you can communicated with does that you don't know try it,it my change your life too.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

um. just to pipe in - isn't MMP a Ponzi Scheme?

sure, Ponzi's work & even make people money but just because you're making money doesn't mean it's not a scheme.

sooner or later such things like MMP will collapse under it's own weight of lies and deceit or the authorities will catch up.

i know times are tough but seriously there are still ways to make an honest living.

remember: a return on your investment or profit doesn't mean you're not caught up in a scam.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I Have Some Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar20 View Post
um. just to pipe in - isn't MMP a Ponzi Scheme?

sure, Ponzi's work & even make people money but just because you're making money doesn't mean it's not a scheme.

sooner or later such things like MMP will collapse under it's own weight of lies and deceit or the authorities will catch up.

i know times are tough but seriously there are still ways to make an honest living.

remember: a return on your investment or profit doesn't mean you're not caught up in a scam.

I thought I'd pipe in to -

I'm trying to research this million dollar program right now, and from what I've seen so far, it really is NOT a Ponzi Scheme

A Ponzi Scheme falls under more of an investment type of fraud that involves the payment of purported returns to existing investors from the funds that need to be contributed by new investors in order for it to keep going - basically taking the money from New People, and using it to pay the people already in the program.

The term Ponzi Scheme seems to be used out of context a good deal of the time - I guess not everyone knows exactly what it is, and simply applies it to anything they don't understand.

This million dollar program, from what I can tell so far, is people simply purchasing information - which is a huge market - and allowing others the opportunity to do the same - and it seems that everyone has just as much opportunity to do even better then the people they joined under, if they apply themselves.

It seems to me that if I bought a book in the store about postcard marketing or direct mail marketing, that would be o.k. - even if I was still unable to create a successful campaign, I couldn't call that a scam, but because this is a people to people program, somehow that changes things? I don't understand that.

I'm still researching this program - so does anyone know the agency that deals with home businesses? I would actually like to contact them directly to see what the laws are regarding this program or others like it.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member

It isn't the people to people aspect that changes things, but the lottery aspect (promises of returns that are dependent upon getting other people to join) as well general mail fraud that makes this an illegal scheme. Look up 18 USC 1302 and 39 USC 3005 in a law library online.

Also, the agencies you want are (assuming you are in the USA) the Federal Trade Commission, http://www.ftc.gov , and the Postal Inspection Service, http://www.uspis.gov .