report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Is this site a scam or is it secure to shop here?

Hi everyone,

I want know if this site is a scam and if it's trustful.

Site: http://www.fadilx.com

Please let me know since I'm new to internet shopping and I want to do some business. Thanks.

So I want to know if there is any guarantee if I buy from this site. Because the site seems very trustful and at the bottom of the page it says it's TRUSTe certified and it accepts paypal etc etc. So is it secure to buy things from this website?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Is this site a scam or is it secure to shop he

First, Chinese wholesalers do not sell genuine merchandise. Even if they deliver, they deliver fake stuff. Second, since when USPS deliver from China and in 5-8 days? And finally look at their at their Payment methods page http://www.fadilx.com/article-15_-wh...t-Methods.html you will see that they basically accept only Bank to bank wire transfers, Western Union and MoneyGram which is no-no for legitimate websites.

Conclusion: typical Chinese scam website.

My advice to you: do not buy retail from China. It is 100% scam.

Last edited by BorisZ : 01-07-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks for the advice!! what a dissapointment:(..prices seemed very good but i don't wanna do business with unsecure website's. So thanks for the advice!!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned

Welcome to Scam.com.

Two things to quickly point out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kompolaga
So I want to know if there is any guarantee if I buy from this site.
First;
There is no such thing as a 100% guarantee anywhere. 99.9% maybe.

Second:
You can not generally buy name brand products from China. Most of the time the products bought from China are fakes, they are not the real deal/name brand. So, right off the bat you can consider that the 'NIKE' shoes for sale on that website are fakes.

Now, to look at the website,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kompolaga
So I want to know if there is any guarantee if I buy from this site. Because the site seems very trustful and at the bottom of the page it says it's TRUSTe certified and it accepts paypal etc etc. So is it secure to buy things from this website?
If you go to fadilx.com website and scroll down to the 'Truste' icon and click on the link you will notice that it takes you to truste.com. That is the 'Truste' homepage, the link does not take you to the websites' (Fadilx.com's) Truste certificate. Fortunetly, 'Truste' does have a directory at truste.com/trusted_sites/index.html and if you click on the letter "F" you will discover that 'Fadilx.com' or 'Fadilx Ltd' does not appear on the list. That implies that this website just put a link to the 'Truste' homepage and nothing else.

Also, if you go to the fadilx.com website and scroll down to the bottom you will see,
Quote:
© 2005-2010 Fadilx Limited and/or its subsidiaries and.
Yet, if you check the website registration or WhoIs info you will find that is says,
Quote:
Domain Name : fadilx.com
PunnyCode : fadilx.com
Creation Date : 2009-01-20
Updated Date : 2009-01-20
Expiration Date : 2011-01-20

Registrant:
Organization : Gao Xiuyuan
Name : GaoXiuyuan
Address : Chenxiang
City : Putian
Province/State : Fujian
Postal Code : 351100
The website fadilx.com says it was copyrighted in 2005, yet the WhoIs info says the domain was not even registered until 20JAN2009, not even a year ago.

Besides, Putian City in the Fujian Province is one of the leading areas for scams in China.
Most likely you would not even receive any merchandise.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you very much nomaxim! You explained it very well to me since I'm new to this. Thank you for helping me and giving me some information about the site! Thanks once again ;)

Old 04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

What do u think about Ehotting.com? I really need to puchase a cell phone battery and I'm not sure if I can trust them =/

Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Not familiar with that specific site, however paypal is a secure payment option which I use frequently. I;d do a search on the TRUSTe and see what you can find. I intend to for my own info.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenai View Post
What do u think about Ehotting.com? I really need to puchase a cell phone battery and I'm not sure if I can trust them =/
As I told what seems to be million times on this forum: if you see Western Union or Money Gram logo as payment methods, run away. Always a scam.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

@grayfox35
Yes, paypal is secure up to a point. They do have a refund procedure, however you can only get money back from the 'seller' thru paypal if there is money in the scammer's bank account. The scammer knows this and is not going to leave money sitting around in his paypal linked bank account. The second anyone makes a transfer, he withdrawals it. That means the scammer's bank account is nearly always empty and that means no refund for you, the buyer.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com