report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2006, 01:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Kreskin *scam* letter

I recently got a letter in the mail claiming to be from the "amazing Kreskin". It claims to give you a 60 day period to give you "everything". It is clearly a scam, it reminds me very much of the Noveou tech society scam. I just wanted to warn everyone that comes to this board.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:23 AM
Threat Manager

Re: Kreskin *scam* letter

Got mine today, too...

Actually, I was thinking less of NTS and more of the Skye Alexander scam I mentioned earlier in the year.

But I know what you mean...

Unfortunately, I can't really afford to try it out this time...

Old 08-16-2006, 03:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I received the same letter from Kreskin this week, and I live in ontario Canada. His return address is PMB 155,41 Crossroads Plaza, West Hartford CT 06117-2402, in case this can help someone to stop these con artists. I was actually looking up Skye Alexander because I received a letter from her today about 2 houses and yaghts etc.
and I found this site. It's good to know that there's other people out there to warn others. I just wanted everyone to know that I believe these letters are all from the same source. Mine started with Maria Duval then the rest followed. I'm going to start sending them back too! thanks Jimmmygirl

Old 12-02-2006, 04:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I've actually purchased a few products from "The Amazing Kreskin" via mail at the ct. address. After some checking, I have discovered that this
is indeed Kreskin's company and I found most of what I ordered quite informative. In addition, any product that I was not happy with was taken
back with no questions asked and a promp refund was issued. There is a customer service telephone number in the mail piece with a friendly helpful representative on the other end.
I guess there are some company's out there that are actually doing the "right thing".
Hope this helps!

Hunter :)

Last edited by hunter1 : 12-02-2006 at 04:11 AM.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Silver Member

Well, Hunter1,

Obvious whatever you purchased did'nt give you everything since some of your purchases were returned. Therefore it is a scam.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Diamond Member

I can not classify this as scam since his teachings are so goofy(mind reading). I wonder what hunter1 got from him that was informative?

Old 12-03-2006, 09:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Solidwork,
I'm not sure how you would draw a conclusion like that. If you went to the store and bought a pair of sneakers that subsequently hurt your feet would that mean that NIKE is a scam? Some of the products that I ordered were informative and
interesting and a couple of others were not for me... Very simple!
As far as which products I found informative, there were some motivational tapes
as well as a few manuscripts.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Silver Member

Something truly does not add up here. If you go do www.amazingkreskin.com
you will find absolutely nothing in his "products" area other than a book and DVD's, for a grand total of 3 items. Also, he lives in New Jersey, not Connecticut, and his management company is out of New York, not Connecticut.

Now, it wouldn't be a real leap to conclude the mailing is ripping off Kreskin's name. Hunter1 - care to look at the website and offer an explanation, since you state you've purchased items from him and were pleased with them?

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 12-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Don't know the inner workings of his organization however I do know that mail order companies do multiple operations out of multiple locations. He may do his mail processing in one place and fulfillment in another. Depends are where the vendors are... Maybe his mail order business is different from his website because the audience is different. My point is that there are many possibilities other than "SCAM"...

HUNTER

Old 12-10-2006, 09:06 AM
jemdreamz1214

Can anyone tell me what to do if someone got sucked into a letter from skye alexander? my mother just got a bill for $90.00 and i do not know what to tell her to do. she has not paid anything and just remembers the letter about how she was going to get a boat and tons of money by the end of the year. she has recieved about 4 mailings and this last one she opened and it told her she had to pay by a ceritan time. i told her it sounded like a scam but i would look it up for her and found this page, so now that i know its a scam how do i help her get her name cleared for the bill and mailing list? can anyone give us some ideas or help?

Old 12-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member

Stryker - Good work!! Forewarned is forearmed! I wonder how many have already been taken in this scam. Odd, really - how many are familiar with "The Amazing Kreskin"? His "hey day" was a few decades ago, and he would hardly be considered a "scam artist" - in fact he was quite the opposite.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Senior Legal Analyst & Consumer Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidwork
Well, Hunter1,

Obvious whatever you purchased did'nt give you everything since some of your purchases were returned. Therefore it is a scam.
OK, let's follow this logic a bit, shall we? If I buy a t-shirt from Wal-Mart, and I'm dissatisfied with it, it therefore follows that Wal-Mart is a scam?

Oy vey. You must have skipped that day in your Logic classes.:rolleyes:

Old 12-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Senior Legal Analyst & Consumer Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemdreamz1214
Can anyone tell me what to do if someone got sucked into a letter from skye alexander? my mother just got a bill for $90.00 and i do not know what to tell her to do. she has not paid anything and just remembers the letter about how she was going to get a boat and tons of money by the end of the year. she has recieved about 4 mailings and this last one she opened and it told her she had to pay by a ceritan time. i told her it sounded like a scam but i would look it up for her and found this page, so now that i know its a scam how do i help her get her name cleared for the bill and mailing list? can anyone give us some ideas or help?
Send a letter, signed by your mom. Direct that all billing be stopped, that her name be removed from all lists maintained OR rented by the company. That usually does it.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Well said Vidbidness!!

Old 12-29-2006, 11:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I too spoke to the customer service people who sell the "Amazing Kreskin" items and they told me straight out that they sold books by Kreskin with his permission. I was impressed that I was emailed quickly and given a name and phone number to call. This is quite hard to find when it is a scam - don't you think.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have had mailings from all these people and more,Dr.Rob,Maria Duval.I did order some things from Maria Duval and nothing changed;I think these people take advantage of people when they know they are down or going through a rough spot in their lives.My son was the one who told me that Maria Duval is a scam.I have also had some dealings with Sara Freder and I figured out for myself that the whole thing was a scam.I am a lot smarter than I used to be regarding these mailings.I just put this stuff through the shredder,now.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Got mine today... Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada... Reply address: 56W. 45th ST., Suite 1001, New York, NY 10036-4206

Old 08-25-2007, 03:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been the recipient of hundreds of psychic letters which began filling my mail box about three years ago. All of the names mentioned and more have somehow found my name and address. Kreskin seems to be the most persistent at this time. I have received upwards of thirty pieces of mail from the Kreskin group alone - sometimes even two arrive the same day.
I wish I had all the money, fame and fortune promised by just one of the letters!
If you read the fine (really fine) print at the bottom of the letters you will find the DISCLAIMER: ....views are those of the advertiser ...individual results may vary ... no guarantee of success ... The name, likeness, etc. ... for Novelty and Entertainment purposes only.
I think this says it all and if we choose to be entertained by the promises and offers in the letter then it is our money and our option. But always -
Buyer Beware!
V.E., Ontario Canada

Last edited by V Ellis : 08-25-2007 at 03:09 AM.