report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Newbie Member

Beware of Geek to Geek

I joined Geek 2 Geek so as to be able to exchange info with fellow movie and music buffs (my friends get sick of me talking about film noir and The Simpsons) I agreed to pay for just one month to try it out. I didn't realize they signed me up for an automatic renewal. And I am pretty darn certain I didn't click the little box for that option. They of course charged me before my first one month subcription was complete and refused to refund me for the second charge even though I terminated my account before the next month was due to start.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Don Brooks

Re: Beware of Geek to Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover85 View Post
I joined Geek 2 Geek so as to be able to exchange info with fellow movie and music buffs (my friends get sick of me talking about film noir and The Simpsons) I agreed to pay for just one month to try it out. I didn't realize they signed me up for an automatic renewal. And I am pretty darn certain I didn't click the little box for that option. They of course charged me before my first one month subcription was complete and refused to refund me for the second charge even though I terminated my account before the next month was due to start.
I belong to the site myself. While you may be upset with yourself for missing it, I did note that they require you to check the box saying you have agreed to the terms of payment. Anyone who subscribes on the net should pay attention to these things. Even scams.com includes some automatic check boxes that you must uncheck if you don't want to get a bunch of emails from them. I think the term is caveat emptor. Hopefully you learned a relatively cheap lesson from this for future services you sign up for on line.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Donnybrook89 is the site owner of Gk2gk.com
He posts under a variety of names all over the web to promote his sex chat groups as well as gk2gk.
He claims to be happy customers who have used his site. He uses these names to dispute the numerous disgruntled users who feel ripped off.
It always ties directly back to the owner Spencer Koppel.
The names he likes to use are:
Donnybrook89
Don Brooks
Donbrooks89
Reldates98
William Zader
Bill Zader
Todd Fuhs
Just to name a few. Google anyone of those names with the word geek attached.
His geek abilities are lacking since he is such a transparent troll. My favorite is when he posts spam for his "sex" chat groups on Hanson Fan Club yahoo groups and other teenage fan sites. I bet that is info any kid would enjoy.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Seems like Cynthia has a problem. Get a life, Cynthia. Vendettas like what you're doing are really non-productive.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:52 PM
I am new at Scam.com

@ carnivore socks:

Hi Donny, you con artist! You are so transparent. Why don't you just run a proper site, instead of trying to scam everybody? Then your business would last longer, you would have a good reputation, and you could feel good about yourself. What a tool you are. Have you ever heard of morals? No? See you on Judge Judy.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Scratchy! Thanks for having my back. The owner of gk2gk is so incredibly sleazy. I can't believe I ever helped fund this guys retirement. He has a ton of new complaints all over about gk2gk scamming people. We should form a support group then maybe people could meet and date! lol

Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Newbie Member

Yeah, I've never had anything like that happen on any other website and I've always been careful. But the bottom line is simple: GEEK2GEEK is making a lot of customers angry and word gets around (just google Geek2Geek Scam) and see.

Join a site like Plenty of Fish or Ok Cupid instead. I met my current bf off POF and no money was needed to talk to other members on either site.

Just because something isn't technically illegal doesn't make it RIGHT. G2G is a waste of money and time and isn't to be trusted.

But after talking to other disgruntled customers who dealt with the condescending bull of G2G, I'm convinved it's doing itself in since in the end you make more money off of satisfied customers. The treacherous practices that they utilize instead, utimately aren't beneficial for their business even if they make a little extra dough at first.

But at any rate thank you for the REAL people who posted. And I'm just writing on behalf of other potential customers to help save them some $$$.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I've had the same experience. I wanted to sign up for one month to see if it was any good. I remember unchecking a box thinking it would stop automatic payments, maybe one box wasn't enough? Long story short, I carefully balanced my outgoing expenses one month, so I wouldn't end up with an overdraft, and G2G's little suprise that just tipped me over. Thanks, that cost me 27 pounds extra.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It's the same as any other pay dating site. You subscribe, in the "agreement" it says you agree to renew unless you pro-actively cancel. Match.com, eHarmony, all of them do the same thing. Lesson: read the agreement when you sign up for anything. If you don't, you've only got yourself to blame. Learn from it.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Newbie Member

Oh please! It is clearly a scam since they charge you for something you didn't actually agree to. And the very fact trolls come on here and try to say otherwise is because they really are the site trying to save face since they know it's true. Nice try. And all sites aren't like that. The free ones are the way to go, more people and better contacts to make. Go Plenty of fish and Ok Cupid!!!! YOU BOTH ROCK. I think the guy who runs geek to geek is just bitter he can't find a real job or a woman of his own. Have fun role playing all alone.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Newbie Member

http://www.dating-service.com/comments/gk2gk.com/

Old 09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Newbie Member

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/9442

Old 09-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks for looking out for newbie daters like me. Luckily, I didn't give them my account info. I did just drive 2 hours round trip to get one of those load and pay charge cards so I could join G2G, but now, I'll save my $90 and look elsewhere. Is kind of a bummer though, I found a profile I really liked...oh well.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Newbie Member

No prob! Dating can be hard enough without all this nonsense. At any rate in a way I'm glad it happened since that's what made me switch sites and find my guy!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Kitmicah,
I'm so sorry you went to all that trouble. That is not ok. :(

I'm on Sweetongeeks.com now as well as POF. Sweetongeeks is free and I've met lot's of really nice people.

Thanks Clover for getting this started to warn other people. I get so pissed when I get taken advantage of.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Newbie Member

Yeah I'm right there with ya on that! Nice find btw with Sweet on Geek. I have to remember to have some of my friends look into that.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Newbie Member

or sweetongeeks.com that is

Old 02-20-2011, 05:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I happen to see theses post about geek2geek after I had already signed up and paid 5.99 to try for a month. I see on my home page that it was cancelled. Should I believe that ? And I tried to go to my account to cancell the whole thing and it wont get me their .Can anybody give me good advice on how to get into my account or take it as face value. I'm worried they will go get my money out of my account and by it not letting me go in to cancell I'm wondering if they will continue to pull my that 5.99 each month. Any help is appreciated.