report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: Invasion USA

Thanks Connecticut Victim, for the head's up.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:49 AM
S.D.M.F

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Congress and U.S. President George Bush are to blame for the failure to enact immigration reform.
Schwarzenegger said Congress shouldn't have left for vacation without inking a deal between a hard-line House bill and a Senate measure that is more lenient for undocumented workers.
"For them to go home for spring break and not really take care of it when they know this was boiling here in this country is also irresponsible," he said, speaking at a press conference at a Roseville, Calif., middle school.
Among other aspects, the House bill would make felons of undocumented workers; the Senate bill would allow them to earn citizenship.
Millions of people have marched in rallies across the United States in recent weeks in protest over the House bill, which Schwarzenegger said is a clear sign the public isn't happy with Washington squabbling on the issue.
Schwarzenegger, who emigrated from Austria to the United States in 1968, said the ability for terrorists to cross the border isn't a good situation either, the Los Angeles Times reports.
He said the immigration issue has been around for 20 years without any real action, adding, "I think that all of this comes down to one thing: The federal government has failed the people of America in a terrible way, in a disastrous way, when it comes to this immigration situation."

Old 05-07-2006, 01:52 AM
S.D.M.F

WASHINGTON — Defending his House-passed immigration bill that sparked street protest by millions of immigrants, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee issued a report Friday showing that several countries are harsher than the United Stated in their treatment of illegal immigrants and their employers.

The Law Library of Congress study of immigration laws in six countries found that all but Brazil have criminal penalties for illegal entry and presence within their borders.

In four of the countries _ Japan, Switzerland, Sweden and Egypt _ employers can be jailed for up to three months to up to three years for hiring illegal immigrants.

"With all the blustery rhetoric coming from opponents about a 'harsh' and 'draconian' House bill ..., I note that five out of the six countries studied _ including Mexico _ make illegal entry and unlawful presence a criminal offense," said Rep. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis.

The House bill, written largely by Sensenbrenner, would make being in the country illegally a felony. It already is a misdemeanor to enter the country illegally, and re-entering the country after being deported also is a crime.

Illegal presence in the U.S. is now a civil offense.

After street protests and demonstrations last month, House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., and Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., pledged that illegal immigrants would not be prosecuted as felons in a final House-Senate version of the bill if it gets that far.

A bill considered by the Senate last month did not include criminalizing being in the United States illegally. Instead, it would have allowed many of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants to remain, work and eventually become legal residents after paying fines and back taxes and learning English.

The Senate bill faltered just before Easter but leaders in both parties have said they would bring it up again this month.

The Law Library study found that prison sentences for being in the country illegally ranged from up to three months in Egypt to up to three years in Japan. Employers were most severely punished in Japan, facing up to three years in prison for hiring undocumented workers.

Sensenbrenner said the six countries studied were chosen to provide racial and geographic diversity.

Muzaffar Chishti, director of the Migration Policy Institute at New York University School of Law, complained that Sensenbrenner's study didn't look at the resources the six countries devoted to enforcing their immigration laws.

"I don't know what lesson one could draw from them," he said, adding that U.S. spending on border enforcement has increased fivefold since 1986 and manpower devoted to it has more than tripled. Chishti's institute supports guest worker programs for immigrants.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:07 AM
S.D.M.F

Within the last month, close to three dozen illegal immigrants have been injured or killed in three Southern Arizona accidents.

The first happened April 19 near Elgin in Santa Cruz County, the second on April 30 near Tangerine Road and Interstate 10 and on May 3 at Interstate 19 and Pima Mine Road.

Often, hospitals foot the bill to care for illegal immigrants injured here in the U.S.

Those costs are then passed on to the taxpayers.

Smugglers use older vehicles, cramming as many people as possible inside and taking extreme measures to get their cargo across the border.

In the last month, three separate accidents have occurred, one of them killing four illegal immigrants.

Agent Sean King of the Tucson Sector of the Border Patrol says, “Smugglers [are] taking action that they shouldn't be taking because they want to earn as much money possible and they earn their money by getting their illegal cargo to Phoenix or Tucson so that they can get paid.”

According to the Border Patrol, vehicle wrecks are frequent with the victims needing medical attention.

“Paramedics are the ones who decide which hospital they go to and, in a large accident where there's a lot of people, it could be spread out to a bunch of hospitals in the area, depending on the need, what the hospital can help them with.”

Among them, the only trauma center in Southern Arizona, and weeks after one of the recent accidents illegal immigrants are still being treated at Tucson's University Medical Center.

“It has a negative impact on our bottom line. First, our priority is taking care of the people that are injured and making sure that they get the proper care, but the reality is that there is no direct reimbursement for that,” said Kevin Burn, Chief Financial Officer for UMC.

Two months ago, UMC received $500,000 of your tax money from the federal government as payment, but it’s not enough.

According to Burns, “At the current run rate we'll incur 5-to-6 million dollars in unreimbursed costs for taking care of foreign nationals.”

Old 05-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Silver Member

Texas: Asleep at the Wheel

by: James H. Reza

From a Hispanic who lives in Texas

I can almost assure you that everyone who is a true American was sickened when you saw multitudes of protesters carrying Mexican flags protesting the new Immigration Reform Bill in the Senate.

This display of Mexican flags should give you a heads up on where these protesters allegiance lies their hearts are in Mexico and their bellies are in the United States.

As an American of Mexican Heritage I want to set the record straight, American Hispanics are not all thrilled with illegal immigration.

I, for more than 20 years, tried desperately to bring this national debacle to the attention of the American people.

I had the privilege of writing for several newspapers, appeared on national and local TV and radio programs, and was asked by many political groups to address this serious problem affecting my former community (north Fort Worth), city, state, and our country.

Many will question how I can speak on this subject with some authority.

My simple answer is: I lived with the problem!

Trust me, it was no picnic.

Never in my life (I'm 68) had I witnessed the lawlessness, the deterioration of my community, and the black market criminal underground activities attributed to the influx of illegal immigrants.

To add injury to insult, politicians soon caved in to the many demands of illegal immigrants.

Notably: bilingual education, bilingual ballots, welfare aid, free medical care, :etc.

Through all this national disgrace allowed by our politicians, have you all noticed that no one ever blames the useless, corrupt, and disgraceful government of Mexico?

In contrast, they lambaste and criticize our country.

How does that grab you?

When I addressed the dangers of our porous border between Mexico and the United States, and the lax security of our nation, no one paid attention. As I observed the situation, the problem was perceived to be between American Hispanic communities and illegal immigrants. White Americans it seemed assumed that the problem was not theirs to deal with. In other words they were, asleep at the wheel. However, 9-11 soon woke them up.

Lets be honest with each other here, white Americans vote in far larger numbers than Hispanics do.

And most politicians (Democrats and Republicans) in our city, state, and federal governments are white.

Thus, who is more suited to fix this national disaster?

I'm sure most of you know what the answer is.

In summation, I'm pleading with white American voters to join me in sending our politicians (Democrats and Republicans) a strong message that we will not tolerate illegal immigrants telling us how to make government policy that will make it easier for them to break our laws.

Hope you will join me in this endeavor in our upcoming elections.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:30 PM
S.D.M.F

VERO BEACH — Every Tuesday morning, about two dozen men and women, sometimes more, huddle quietly in an alcove on the second floor of the Indian River County Courthouse.

An interpreter speaks to them briefly before they file into a courtroom to answer criminal charges they have little power to contest.

Advertisement
They are illegal immigrants, mostly from Mexico, who have been charged with driving a vehicle without a valid driver's license.

The courtroom scenes are repeated each week in courthouses in St. Lucie and Martin counties as well.

The defendants are non-English speaking citrus harvesters, construction workers, landscapers or manual laborers who exist in Florida's shadows and have virtually no understanding of the American legal system.

But when police pull them over and they can't produce a driver's license, they find themselves ticketed and given a court date, or even jailed and their vehicles impounded.

Supporters of illegal immigrants say they should be granted driving privileges to enable them to maintain jobs, and some claim the immigrants are unfairly profiled by law enforcement.

But judges, prosecutors, police officers and jail officials say they are following laws intended to keep Florida's roadways safe.

"Close-minded people want to make criminals of the people working in the fields, in hotels and restaurants," Fellsmere restaurant owner David Almanza said. "Giving them a driver's license would clear up a lot of problems because they'd have to pass driving tests, become more educated about our laws and they'd be able to insure their cars."

Indian River County Judges David Morgan and Joe Wild say they issue standard penalties of $415 for driving without a license.

'Extremely frustrated'

In Fort Pierce, St. Lucie County Judge Philip J. Yacucci Jr. said he is "extremely frustrated" by the lack of a coherent federal policy on immigration because he sees 30 to 40 unlicensed immigrants in his courtroom each week.

"The federal government is hypocritical because it has zero policy to remedy illegal immigration," Yacucci said. "We're left at the state level to deal with the problem."

Thomas Genung, trial court administrator for the 19th Judicial Circuit, said determining a defendant's citizenship in traffic court "is not an element of the law." In fact, as the number of illegal immigrants grows, the 19th Circuit has "an increasing need for Spanish-speaking interpreters," Genung said.

Assistant State Attorney Ed Taylor of Indian River County said immigrants can be deported if they accumulate three misdemeanor offenses, but he does not recall such a mandate being carried out.

'Their problem'

Morgan said the citizenship issue doesn't come up in his misdemeanor court hearings.

"If they are here illegally, that's their problem," Morgan said. "If someone appears before me for driving without a license, whether they're a gringo or an immigrant, I don't have a problem with punishing them.

"But if I went to Mexico, Peru, Spain, Russia or someplace else, it would be prudent for me to check out their rules before I went there."

Police throughout the Treasure Coast do not ask traffic offenders for proof of citizenship.

Vero Beach Police Lt. Kevin Martin said when a driver has no license or identification, the offender's thumbprint is put on the citation, which is filed with the national Automated Fingerprint Identification System.

"It's up to immigration to contact them at that point," Martin said.

Scott Melanson, police chief of Fellsmere, where the population is 73 percent Hispanic, says: "Whether they are citizens or not has nothing to do with the job we are doing during a traffic stop."

But Melanson added: "If a guy says he's Hector Gonzalez and he has no ID, he could be a mass murderer who is wanted in Texas. So he needs to be booked and fingerprinted."

Fellsmere City Manager Jason R. Nunemaker said a recent study showed that of 552 traffic stops in Fellsmere during a five-month period ending in February, 102 drivers did not have a driver's license.

Legally flimsy

Vero Beach attorney Stephen Fromang said he believes some traffic stops are legally flimsy, but he says immigrants don't fight citations for fear of being deported.

"If these people contested the charges, 90 percent of the time the state would drop the case because there was no probable cause for the stop," Fromang said.

But Wild said: "Any attorney who says these cases can't be contested is full of baloney. The immigration service wouldn't know if a defendant requested a jury trial or filed a motion to suppress. The reason these tickets are not contested is because they know they are guilty of the offense."

Barbara Gonzalez, spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Miami, said all illegal aliens are subject to deportation.

But Gonzalez added: "We do have our priorities, and we focus on people who pose a public safety and national security threat."

Captain Bill McMullen, director of Indian River County Jail, said detainees are asked their place of birth at booking. He said Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents in Fort Pierce are notified if a detainee appears to be illegal.

"Of course, people have the opportunity to not tell us the truth about where they were born," McMullen said.

Comments-> comments 37

Last edited by Iron Horse : 05-08-2006 at 11:32 PM.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:01 AM
S.D.M.F

The U.S. Border Patrol is tipping off Mexican authorities on the positions of members of the Minuteman civilian patrols.

U.S. officials have agreed to the notification process to reassure the Mexican government that the illegal immigrants' rights are being observed, the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario, Calif., reports.

When the Minuteman and other civilian border patrol groups help apprehend illegal immigrants, the Mexican government must be notified, according to three documents on the Mexican Secretary of Foreign Relations website.
A U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman confirmed to the Daily Bulletin the notification process, describing it as a standard procedure.

"It's not a secret where the Minuteman volunteers are going to be," Mario Martinez said.

"This ... simply makes two basic statements – that we will not allow any lawlessness of any type, and that if an alien is encountered by a Minuteman or arrested by the Minuteman, then we will allow that government to interview the person."

But angered Minuteman members say the reporting virtually nullifies their effectiveness and could endanger lives.

"Now we know why it seemed like Mexican officials knew where we were all the time," Chris Simcox, founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, told the Ontario paper.

"It's unbelievable that our own government agency is sending intelligence to another country," he said. "They are sending intelligence to a nation where corruption runs rampant, and that could be getting into the hands of criminal cartels.

"They just basically endangered the lives of American people."

Martinez said any illegal alien apprehended has the right to request counsel.

"We have to give their counsel the information about their apprehension, and that includes where they are apprehended, whether a Minuteman volunteer spotted them or a citizen," he said.

The spokesman said by entering into the cooperative agreement, the Border Patrol hoped to change Mexico's perception of the group as vigilantes.

One of the documents on the website, "Actions of the Mexican Government in Relation to the Activities of Vigilante Groups," describes a meeting with San Diego Border Patrol sector chief Darryl Griffen.

According to the document, Griffen "said that the Border Patrol will not permit any violence or any actions contrary to the law by the groups, and he is continuously aware of (the volunteer organizations') operations."

The document continues: "Mr. Griffen reiterated to the undersecretary his promise to notify the General Consul right away when the vigilantes detain or participate in the detention of any undocumented Mexicans."

The documents name the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps and the Chino, Calif.-based Friends of the Border Patrol.

TJ Bonner, president of the 10,000-member union National Border Patrol Council, told the Daily Bulletin his member agents have complained for years about the Mexican government "unduly influencing our enforcement policies."

"That's not a legitimate role for any foreign nation," he said.

The Minuteman weblog said the Daily Bulletin's story "does not report information told to the [Minuteman] media offices that the Border Patrol chiefs have also been passing along intelligence reports to the government of Mexico on the activities of Minutemen not only at the borders, but in locations such as Utah, Nevada, Illinois, Massachusetts and Tennessee."

The weblog said one report contained estimated chapter membership numbers of Minutemen in Illinois and a statement on activities. The report noted the group didn't seem to know any politicians there, indicating the Illinois Minutemen had not acquired political clout.

The Minuteman blog commented: "That is not a report on the location of Minutemen at the border, but political intelligence from our government to a foreign nation about the activities of American citizens petitioning our own government for redress of grievances."

Border agents interviewed by the paper said they have been asked to report the location of all civilian patrols to sector headquarters. But they are not to file the groups' names in reports if they spot illegal immigrants.

"Last year an internal memo notified all agents not to give credit to Minuteman volunteers or others who call in sightings of illegal aliens," said an agent who spoke to the Daily Bulletin on condition he not be identified. "We were told to list it as a citizen call and leave it at that. Many times, we were told not to go out to Minuteman calls."

Old 05-10-2006, 02:12 AM
S.D.M.F

PART 1
The immigration debate in the United States over proposed legislation is history repeating itself.

The only difference in 2006 is that U.S. citizens finally are waking to the scope of the problems posed by over 20 million illegal aliens residing in the country.

These lawbreakers, these non-voters, mean to seize the rights of U.S. citizenship by taking to the streets to demonstrate against any legislative measure with enforcement teeth. At the same time, these same lawbreakers wrap themselves in foreign flags and carry signs demanding that, "Gringos, leave our land" and "Europeans, be deported."

Meanwhile, yet another weak-kneed U.S. Congress follows in the footsteps of the Congresses of 1965 and 1985, whose muddled legislation set the stage for the current immigration free-for-all. United States citizens finally are waking to the failure of congressional Democrats and Republicans to protect U.S. borders.

The U.S. House of Representatives recently passed legislation that would make it a felony to aid and abet illegal aliens; but as soon as the illegal aliens took to the streets, the Republicans caved, and House Speaker Dennis Hastert stated that the "felony" provision for aiders and abettors was negotiable.

United States culture, ethos, and heritage are besieged by belligerent non-citizens, who dare to rewrite the national anthem; but Congress, especially the Senate, does nothing.

These elected officials are more concerned with the rights of illegal aliens than with national security and well-being. Some critics refer to Congress as "the *****s on the Hill" for selling out the American people in exchange for the votes of illegal aliens, who do not have the right to vote, but who are, in increasing numbers. One of the signs carried in demonstrations on May Day 2006 read, "Today the streets, tomorrow the vote."

Even worse, the current immigration debate fails to address two life-or-death issues – the impact of 20 million illegal aliens on public health and on the environment.Impact of Illegal Aliens on Public Health
The men, women, and children who are sneaking across the border into the United States do so without medical inspection, which in itself is a criminal offense and a public health travesty.

Unexamined, they are free to spread out through the country carrying any infectious diseases they may have. In the past, when Europeans made up the majority of immigrants in the United States, each person who sought to enter the country was subject to a health examination. Those diagnosed with an unacceptable health condition were immediately returned to their port of origin.

They were allowed no elongated appeal process, no asylum claims, no refugee provisions, and no street demonstrations demanding entitlements and decrying any effort to secure U.S. borders.

Section 212 of the 1954 Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1182) defined the classes of aliens ineligible for visas or admission into the United States.

The Public Health Service Act as amended (42 U.S.C., Section 264) authorized the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to make and enforce regulations necessary to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and its various divisions are the protectors of U.S. borders with regard to diseases.

The CDC Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ) is the agency that has the mission to enforce measures to stop the introduction, transmission, and spread of diseases from outside the United States. Executive Order 13295, April 4, 2003, signed by President George Bush, sets forth that regulations for the apprehension and detention of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases.

These include cholera, diphtheria, tuberculosis (TB), plague, leprosy, smallpox, malaria (yellow fever), and viral hemorrhagic fevers. Among these fevers are Lassa, Marburg, Eboli, Crimea-Congo, South American, and others not yet isolated or named. Add to these, SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and sexually transmitted diseases (STD), among them HIV/AIDS.

Vaccine preventable diseases include mumps, measles, rubella, polio, influenza type B, and hepatitis B. All of the listed diseases have been introduced and transmitted into the United States.

The numbers of these diseases that have been carried by illegal aliens cannot be determined, as no accurate records are kept, denoting the citizenship of the infected or the carriers.

Because of political correctness or more accurately lack of backbone, U.S. political entities and agencies purposely have failed to determine the citizenship or lack thereof for persons obtaining federal, state, or local services, welfare, and entitlements, such as the following: Medical services from emergency room to long-term children's hospital needs; welfare payments; social security payments; food stamps; Aid to Dependent Children (for anchor babies (children of illegal aliens) or illegal minors; HHS housing benefits; and public education.

The lemming response by most state and local government agencies is, "That is the federal government's job!" They thus abdicate their responsibilities to the rule of law in their country. Just as there is no accurate count of illegal aliens in the United States, there is no accurate data of any kind that correctly reflects services to citizens and services to illegal aliens.

This is meant to hide the costs to U.S. taxpayers, who are unknowing enablers of illegal aliens. Despite what immigrant special interests say, few illegal aliens pay income taxes.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:13 AM
S.D.M.F

PART 2

The National Center for Infectious Diseases (NCID) states that infectious diseases are a continuing danger to everyone in the United States. SARS, malaria, TB, and other bacterial pneumonias are now appearing in forms resistant to drug treatment. TB is a significant problem among foreign-born persons in the United States, with foreign-born persons accounting for 53 percent of the 14,874 U.S. cases in 2005. Of these, 26 percent of the cases were from Mexico.

The 2005 NCID report estimates that 30 percent to 60 percent of adults in developing countries have TB. "From 1985 through 1992, the number of new TB cases in the United States increased from 22,201 in 1985 to 26,673 in 1992, an increase of 20 percent."

The report mentioned that up through 1984, the number of TB cases reported in the United States actually had been decreasing by an average of 6 percent a year." Note that 1986 was the year of the Reagan amnesty for illegal aliens.

An increasing proportion of TB cases in the United States are among foreign-born residents (legal and illegal). In 1987, in part because of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA), in part to the immigrant rights groups and in part to the Sanctuary Movement, illegal aliens crossing U.S. borders successfully averaged 1.1 million a year – a conservative estimate.

With no medical examination, illegal aliens brought their medical problems with them. NCID, similar to other government agencies, uses political correct speak – listing illegal aliens as foreign-born persons–knowing full well that all legal foreign-born persons would have had medical examinations; if found to have communicable diseases, the foreign-born persons would have been denied entry into the United States.

SARS is an example of a disease introduced into the United States by foreign carriers. It is believed to have originated in southern China. A large contributor to the U.S. illegal alien population, China and especially Fujian province have so many immigrants (legal and illegal) in New York City that, in the main Chinatown, Fujian dialect has surpassed Mandarin as the most spoken Chinese dialect.

In 1994, when the alien smuggler's ship, Golden Venture went aground on Long Island, many of the illegal-alien Chinese aboard had TB. While in Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) detention awaiting asylum hearings, these illegal aliens received medical treatments (at taxpayers expense), which controlled most of the cases.

Only a third of the Golden Venture illegal aliens were deported to China and other countries. The majority now resides in the United States; and we trust they are taking their medicine.

Typhoid fever, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is a life-threatening illness caused by the bacterium, Salmonella typhi, and is common in developing areas of Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Mexico. Typhoid is the result of unsanitary conditions. United States citizens traveling to high-risk areas can take antibodies and avoid eating raw vegetables or drinking local water.

Researchers at the National Institutes of Health determined that recent outbreaks of typhoid have been attributed to food handlers who had recently emigrated from countries where the disease is common. The CDC and the pharmaceutical companies that supply vaccines estimate some 2,000 typhoid carriers are present in the United States at any given time. No data is available on the number of carriers who are illegal aliens.

Poliomyelitis (polio) was eradicated in the United States and other industrial nations in the mid-1950s thanks Dr. Jonas Salk and his vaccine. The last indigenous transmission of wild polio in the United States occurred in 1979. Note that CDC uses the politically correct term "indigenous" to separate the cases among illegal aliens. Again, legal immigrants have medical examinations before their entry into the United States.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:15 AM
S.D.M.F

PART 3

Mumps recently reared its infectious head in the Midwest. In April 2006, an outbreak of mumps started in Iowa, the largest in 20 years, according to Dr. Julie Gerberding, CDC Director.

More than 1,000 cases have been reported.

While not necessarily life-threatening, the disease can cause sterility in young adults, who happened to be the main victims of this outbreak. It is speculated that the disease may have been transmitted during air travel; however, a large new illegal alien population now calls Iowa and Nebraska home.

Among other dreaded communicable diseases, cholera, smallpox, and eboli are now appearing in U.S. medical facilities.

Impact of Illegal Aliens on the Environment
Immigration is an environmental issue. For more that three decades, congressional Democrats and Republicans have been briefed repeatedly by three separate presidential commissions on the need to stabilize the U.S. population by limiting immigration.

The President's Commission on Population Growth and the American Future (1970-1972), chaired by John D. Rockefeller III, called for border enforcement, the curbing of illegal immigration, and recognition of the link between an ever-increasing immigrant population and environmental degradation.

The Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee Policy (1978-1981), chaired by Father Theodore Hesburgh, president of the University of Notre Dame, repeated these admonitions; as did the Jordan Commission on Immigration Reform (1990-1997), originally chaired by former Rep. Barbara Jordan.

The chairs of these commissions were as diverse as the American people – a billionaire businessman, a president of a Catholic university, and a former member of Congress, who was a prominent black woman.

In 1972, the Rockefeller Commission reported to Congress that the growth of the U.S. population (then at 205 million people) as the result of immigration (legal and illegal) was threatening the environmental legacy of future generations of Americans. These commissions, one after the other, called for immigration policies to address the real harm that unregulated growth was doing to the ecology of the United States.

Repeatedly, Congress has rejected the correlation between an uncontrolled, uncounted immigrant population and environmental degradation. Instead, members of Congress have played to the special interest groups that advocate open borders.

The 1986 immigration legislation granted cover of legitimacy to illegal aliens under the guise of "amnesty," just as some senators and representatives want to do again in 2006.

Nothing has changed except the number of illegal aliens residing in the United States, and that number continues to escalate along with the harm being done to natural resources in the United States by this uncounted and unaccounted for ghost population – a ghost population that has taken to the streets with signs and foreign flags.

The findings of the three commissions were validated in 2001 when the U.S. Census Bureau estimated that two-thirds of the future growth of the United States will result from immigrants (legal and illegal), immigrants who have arrived since 1994 plus their off-spring and extended families.

The estimated population of the United States in 2005 was 298.2 million up from 243.1 million in 1980. Part of this increase can be traced to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA), another piece of muddled legislation that granted amnesty to an estimated 2.7 million illegal aliens, but this was just the beginning. Amnesty served as a pathway for the legal entry of an estimated 4 million family members of the previously illegal aliens.

Scientific consensus supports the findings of the presidential commissions on the direct relationship between population and environmental degradation. Air pollution, increased human waste, destructive pressures on the oceans, forest conversions, habitat destruction, reduced agricultural land and productivity, soil erosion, water consumption, and energy demands will impact the environmental landscape, including desert and mountain ecosystems, and ultimately the quality of life as we know it – the very quality of life that drew the immigrants.

Population stability both in the United States and worldwide is threatened by migrations from underdeveloped countries to developed countries. Migration from the majority of the world's countries to Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, and the United States is economically based.

The United Nations in a 2002 report estimated that 91 million people are living as migrants in Europe and North America, which doubles the 1975 estimate. The new immigration agencies in the Department of Homeland Security estimate that 60 percent of migrants residing in the United States are from Mexico.

This, in turn, creates a new paradigm of demographics – highly fertile young migrants supplanting an aging native population.

In 1864, George Marsh, a diplomat and New Englander, wrote the book, "Man and Nature," linking human action with deforestation, desertification, avalanches, wildlife extirpation, and additional environmental degradation.

The link between population and environment was introduced to the public by such works as Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring" (1962), Garrett Hardin's "Tragedy of the Commons" (1968), and Paul Ehrlich's "The Population Bomb" (1968).

Although Ehrlich's widespread famines have yet to occur, natural disasters are on the rise. In 2005, damage caused by hurricanes Stan, Wilma, and Beta in Central America and especially Mexico sent a new wave of environmental immigrants to the United States. The damage to Cancun and the Mayan Riviera shattered the tourist, fishing, and agricultural industries and dislocated skilled and semi-skilled workers.

The entrenched politicians of Mexico and Central America encourage migrations to the United States, using suggestions of climate change, natural disasters, environmental changes, over-population, and unhealthy conditions to urge a northward migration.

March 22, 2006, was World Water Day, and the 4th World Water Forum met prior to it in Mexico City. This United Nations-sponsored meeting addressed the link between water and culture, concluding, "Cultural traditions, indigenous practices, and societal values determine how people perceive and manage water in the world's different regions." The message was that the United States and other developed countries must acquiesce to the new cultural and societal values of immigrants, legal or illegal.

Considering the environmental aspects of immigration, why are the environmental groups not more vocal on the subject? Why do prestigious groups, such as the National Audubon Society and the Sierra Club, waffle on the impact of the illegal alien population on the environment?

The Green Party and most environmentalists remain silent on the subject. As with Congress, most environmental groups show no profiles in courage.

There are, however, exceptions. In February 2006, the Defenders of Wildlife issued a report acknowledging the vast damage caused by illegal aliens crossing the fragile ecosystem of the U.S. Southern border.

With an average of 1 million illegal aliens apprehended each year since 1988 and another 1.1 million illegal aliens entering the country uncaught, the damage to the desert ecology is increasing.

The presence of 12 million to 20 million (perhaps up to 30 million) illegal aliens in the United States has consequences. This uncounted, unplanned for population of lawbreakers is affecting the quality of life in the United States. Air pollution, water pollution, energy consumption (gas, coal, wood, and electricity), deforestation, soil erosion and agricultural degradation, over-fishing, and ocean exhaustion threaten the sustainability of natural resources.

As natural resources become scarce and prices rise, the economic stability of the country is undermined.

The U.S. immigration system is broken and has been for decades. The U.S. Congress, now in session, in its legislative attempts to fix the malfunctioning immigration system, must address protecting public health, sustaining natural resources, and improving environmental quality.

Congress must cast aside timidity and the lobbying efforts of special interests and act to stabilize the U.S. population by limiting the number of legal immigrants admitted each year and by stopping illegal immigration at the border. A stable population and sustainable environment depend on congressional action.

It is all well and good for the president to sign strict public health executive orders, but they are meaningless if Congress continues to counteract them with muddled immigration legislation that perpetuates weak enforcement.

For the last 40 years, the U.S. Congress has failed to protect the nation's public health and environment from a foreign-born population explosion.

With the current rate of illegal immigration worldwide, public health and environmental quality in developed nations could approach the levels of disease and environmental degradation in many Third World countries.

The United States of America can best help developing nations by staying strong and healthy itself. With the survival of the United States – as united states – at risk, U.S. citizens must demand the government they deserve.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:02 PM
S.D.M.F

PART1
LONDON – Britain's secret intelligence service, MI6, has established the first proof al-Qaida is playing a major role in the new Cold War between North and South America – with Osama bin Laden's terror network seeing itself in league with Mexican subversives in infiltrating the U.S. border.

The evidence emerged as Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez swash-buckled into London after scoring a win in yet another venomous battle with Washington for influence and economic advantage across the Latin American continent.

Chavez is in London to meet the capital's anti-Bush mayor, Ken Livingstone, and other prominent British opponents of the war in Iraq. His arrival coincides with the downward spiral politically of Prime Minister Tony Blair – largely over his continued support for Bush.

Downing Street will monitor the Chavez visit closely – not least because he controls the western hemisphere's largest supply of oil reserves. As oil prices soar, Chavez has used the extra profits to reinforce his position with his electorate. He said last week he would seek "indefinite" re-election beyond the constitutional limit of 2014.

Chavez, a 51 year-old paratrooper, descended on London this week and was boosted by the knowledge that his rapidly expanding clout in Southern America could soon see a dramatic shift of power after elections in Peru, Nicaragua and Mexico.

This would result in a standoff between Western oil companies worried about rising oil prices and South American oil producers' new-found enthusiasm for threatening foreign companies with a further hike.

In the words of a MI6 memo, the situation "is a new and dangerous threat to stability that is also being exploited by al-Qaida."

Details of al-Qaeda's penetration into Latin America emerged from documents discovered during recent anti-terrorist operations in Pakistan to try and locate Osama bin Laden.

The documents included evidence that al-Qaida has established links with the Colombian terror group, FARC, and the Shining Path, SL, in Peru. They also reveal al-Qaida's links with thousands of Muslim students in the Dominican Republic.

Another Pakistani document shows the links between al-Qaida and Mexico's Popular Revolutionary Army, EPR. The documents reveal that al-Qaida sees EPR as collaborators in attacks in Mexico on foreign targets – "especially those of the United States and Britain." It also says that EPR can play a key role in allowing al-Qaida operatives to enter the United States through the busiest land crossing in the world – Tijuana.

Another document reveals that along Peru's border with Chile "a large Arab community is providing substantial sums of money for al-Qaida."

But the closest links al-Qaida has are with Venezuela. Exploiting Chavez's latest tirade against the Bush administration, al-Qaida is firmly entrenched in the country.

Before flying to London, Chavez said: "The axis of evil is Washington and its allies around the world who go about threatening, invading and murdering. We are forming the axis of good."

The godfather of that axis is Fidel Castro, Cuba's leader for 45 years. But in support is Evo Morales, the president of Bolivia who last week promised: "I am going to be a nightmare for Washington."

In coming presidential elections the candidates are Nicaragua's Daniel Ortega, Peru's Ollanta Humala and Andres Lopez of Mexico. The Mexican populist likes to see himself as a mirror image of Chavez and has labelled the country's outgoing president, Vincente Fox, "a puppy of Bush."

The documents discovered in Pakistan have become of prime concern to MI6 – given Britain's substantial holdings in Latin America. These could be seriously damaged by what one MI6 officer called "Chavez and his rogue's gallery of sinister wannabees and corrupt opportunists."

Chavez has so far spectacularly avoided Washington's efforts to curb his ambitions. He has warned Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, "I sting those who rattle me."

It is over threats like that MI6 analysts try to decipher how far Chavez will allow al-Qaida to be his sting master.

Already MI6 say that Venezuela is now one of the main conduits for trafficking drugs to Europe – and al-Qaida is a major player.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:04 PM
S.D.M.F

PART 2

From Venezuela the drugs are taken by high-speed ocean-going boats to Africa's West Sahara. The cargoes are run ashore north of the town of Dakhia and trucked overland through Morocco into southern Spain. From there they are smuggled into France, Germany and Britain.

Deep inside their headquarters overlooking the River Thames, the MI6 analysts work in a room that is accessed by a swipe card, the codes of which change regularly.

The room houses the Terrorist Attack Assessment Center. Inside its computer-lined walls and state-of-the-art communications, analysts sit at workstations around the clock. TAAC is directly linked to the Pentagon and the CIA. Both have their versions of TAAC.

The MI6 department regularly updates its director general, John Scarlett. He is the quintessential English spymaster. In his customized suits and hand-stitched cotton shirts, he has a touch of the James Bond about his sartorial elegance.

He is taking a close interest in the documents that indicate how al-Qaida sees Latin America as a continent where it can expand its activities.

MI6 analysts have established that the documents are the work of Ayman al-Zawahiri, a founder member of al-Qaida and accepted by Western intelligence services as its prime strategist next to bin Laden.

Al-Zawahiri studied in Paris and London to become a recognized authority in behavioral psychology. After graduating from Cairo University he traveled widely.

An MI6 file confirms a Mossad profile of the heavily bearded psychiatrist – that he is arrogant and takes an obsessive pleasure watching film of the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 – when he first emerged from the shadows to sit alongside bin Laden.

Both MI6 and Mossad believe al-Zawahiri made several visits to Latin America during the last decade.

As Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin first reported in 2003, Pentagon officials have confirmed human smuggling rings in Latin America are attempting to sneak al-Qaida operatives into the U.S.

Before the U.S.-led coalition attacked Iraq, the U.S. State Department offered congressional testimony that both al-Qaida and the Shiite terrorist group Hezbollah were taking firm hold in "America's backyard."

Mark F. Wong, the State Department's acting coordinator for counterterrorism, told the House International Relations Committee about the threat posed by both groups in Latin America.

Yet, then the matter seems to have been dropped – perhaps for diplomatic reasons, perhaps for political reasons.

But in 2003, G2 Bulletin reported authorities in Silvio Pettirosi International Airport in Asuncion, the Paraguayan capital, reported the arrival of a growing number of visitors carrying European passports, but undoubtedly appearing to be more Middle Eastern than anything else.

Some of these "Europeans" could not even speak the language of their so-called mother land.

There was very little doubt most of these visitors went on to find their way to the triple border region where Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay meet. This region, often described as a lawless area, is nicknamed by some intelligence station agents as "The Muslim Triangle meeting zone."

Intelligence experts have been warning since the late 1990s they had noticed a tendency among Islamic terrorists to operate from Paraguay, a landlocked country in the heart of South America, with a territory slightly smaller than California, and with geographic extremes perfect for hiding illegal activities.

G2 Bulletin reported in 2003 the terrorists using Argentina are organized in active cells around the country with safe houses in neighboring Paraguay. An Argentinean document seen by G2B describes part of the drug-smuggling trail, as well as that of weapons and people. These elaborate trails run through a web of border crossings pointing also to the complex cooperation between various "smuggling experts." These belong to jihadi organizations such as al-Qaida, joining forces with local drug lords, developing and oiling their smuggling mechanism all the way to Mexico aiming ultimately to hit the U.S.

The Argentinean intelligence service assessment, privy among others, to European and Middle Eastern agencies, has reached a significant and grave conclusion, according to G2 Bulletin. It claims since 9/11 and the partial success in the war against terrorism, mainly in the Middle East, Afghanistan and Central Asia, the jihadi pendulum is tilting more and more toward South America. The reason terrorist cells in Paraguay, whether active or dormant, can continue to grow and flourish, is because of widespread corruption in South America.

The lawlessness and disorder in Paraguay, enabled operatives of such terrorist groups as al-Qaida, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad and Hamas to feel safe, even in the heart of Asuncion. These organizations, and probably more, turned Paraguay into a logistical base, as one local journalist told G2 Bulletin: "It's easy. At this stage our country is not engulfed in a civil war or guerrilla campaign and, therefore, security forces are more prone to financial kickbacks."

The terrorists even get some official support in Latin America, according to some sources. As WorldNetDaily reported, a Venezuelan military defector claims Venezuela's Chavez developed ties to terrorist groups such as al-Qaida – even providing it with $1 million in cash after Sept. 11, 2001.

Air Force Maj. Juan Diaz Castillo, who was Chavez's pilot, told WorldNetDaily through an interpreter that "the American people should awaken and be aware of the enemy they have just three hours' flight from the United States."

Diaz said he was part of an operation in which Chavez gave $1 million to al-Qaida for relocation costs, shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States.

London-based intelligence expert Gordon Thomas is the author of "Gideon's Spies: The Secret History of the Mossad"and a regular contributor to Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin. This report includes background reports from previous G2 Bulletin dispatches.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:22 PM
S.D.M.F

Facts on Immigration
>From the LA times:
>
>1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County (L. A. County has 10 million people)
>are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are
>predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
>
>2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
>
>3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
>
>4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien
>Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
>
>5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican
>nationals here illegally.
>
>6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
>
>7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely
>illegal aliens from south of the border.
>
>8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
>
>9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
>
>10. In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak
>Spanish (10.2 million people in L. A. County).
>
>(All 10 from the Los Angeles Times)
>
>Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on
>welfare.
>
>Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of
>California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.
>
>The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET(after
>subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor Donald
>Huddle, Rice University].
>
>The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average
>adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE
>
>29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:38 AM
S.D.M.F

Blackout On Violent Illegal Alien Invasions of Schools, County Buildings, Stabbings In Santa Ana .

The media has portrayed the immigration protests as orderly and peaceful yet in Santa Ana California alarming reports have emerged of illegal aliens swarming around in mobs invading schools, carrying out violent beatings and in one incident a county worker had a Mexican flag plunged into his chest.

Latino Americans For Immigration Reform spokeswoman and senatorial candidate Lupe Moreno appeared on The Alex Jones Show to discuss the two incidents.

She first described how on March 27th how a group of rioting Mexicans ran into a local Santa Ana high school and attempted to tear down an American flag. The school police and a police SWAT team had to stand guard to prevent the youths from getting to the flag. This story received no mainstream press coverage whatsoever during the first wave of immigration demonstrations.

Moreno said that the Mexican consulate had penetrated Californian schools with books teaching Hispanics that the American flag is a symbol of the enemy.

County workers in Santa Anna looked out of their windows on May 1st to see Mexicans beating other county workers and police before they rushed towards the government building and stormed it, stabbing one worker with a Mexican flag in the process.

Moreno described the stabbing as seen on a video tape of the incident.

"The men start running and then you can see all these people, and they weren’t just kids, some adults and the kids were behind them, but you can see this guy chasing this man down and he plunges the stick of his flag pole into this man’s chest."

In all, illegals had broken into five government buildings in the area, causing the county to take the decision to lock down all government buildings during planned demonstrations.

"Why are we letting this happen? It’s like a trojan horse, they come bearing gifts to kill us," said Moreno.

"Our country is in serious serious trouble. My children do not want to live in the city they were born in anymore because we have been taken over so badly. 78 per cent of my neighbors are illegal aliens."

Why hasn’t the media reported on these violent attacks and stabbings? How many more similar incidents have occurred without receiving any coverage whatsoever?

Moreno said that government workers were afraid that more attacks would take place to coincide with future immigration demonstrations.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:42 AM
S.D.M.F

Coments people have made regarding the article posted above.

barcelonaisa Says:

May 6th, 2006 at 4:10 am
Well, let’s see. I’ve been a professional interpreter for over ten years. I have heard stories that make my toes curl. I’d like to share a few with you. Maybe you can tell, by the time you finish reading, which side of the ILLEGAL immigration fence I am on …
True Stories
1) The young woman in a midwest state who got pregnant, boyfriend ran away (also illegal), goes to local social services office. Informed, via me the interpreter, that she now qualifies for: free medical, free dental, free food stamps, and cash assistance, for FIVE years. And because she is illegal, “is exempt from looking for work.”
2) Woman who has lived in New Jersey for TWENTY FIVE years. Just became a citizen 3 years ago. Still does not speak English and someone has to pay for an interpreter every time she needs any medical assistance, question about her light bill, etc.
3) Man calls a midwest utility to have new electric service connected. Woman does a quick on-line credit check (less than 1% of all the calls I take do this) and politely informs him, “I’m sorry sir. We will be unable to connect service at this time due to the fact that your social security number belongs to a deceased person.” Uh,
isn’t this FRAUD? Don’t we have laws against this? Could
I get away with this????
4) One of my local hospitals runs a prenatal clinic where 85% of the clients are ILLEGAL. Average of 25 births per month (illegals). My state health care pays this hospital, (cost of average birth with no extras 10-12 THOUSAND dollars), over FOUR MILLION dollars a year, to one hospital, just for labor and delivery. My state has cut
enrollees of legal citizens due to “money shortage.” Hmmmm. Yeah, I bet ya.
5) Two cases of massive Tuberculosis outbreak in South Carolina in the past year. Over 400 workers tested per occurence. Employer was very large. Workers have to take a six month course of medicine, without missing pills, to be safe and to avoid spreading to others. Most do not finish, or go back to their country, and/or simply move away. Medicine costs tax payers over $12,000.00 PER
person.
6) A local apartment complex where I live, building four huge buildings, government federal Section 42 housing project, and only three of the 50+ workers are caucasian and speaking English. Construction foreman informs me that he “hires illegals.” Hmmm. I choose not to rent there.
7) A New Jersey hospital who grants charity care to EVERY SINGLE illegal who requests it.

So, folks, those are recent stories. So many more where those came from.

For very good and unbiased information, check out the Center For Immigration Studies. Great, great, great stuff.

Oh, last story, really sad. Not happy about it. But here it goes. A 16 year illegal working in the fields in South Carolina. Man comes periodically with prostitutes. This kid has slept with over TWENTY FIVE women in the past year. many sexually transmitted diseases. Never uses
protection. Doesn’t always get treated. And is going to keep doing it. Hmmm. Not a health risk? Not costing anyone anything? And poor kid!!

In closing, if you go to http://www.alipac.us/media/ALIPAC-HireLegal.pdf,
you can find the numbers to report illegals and their employers. Plus, print the flyer and post it wherever you like — it’s in both languages!!

IrishLovelyGuy Says:

May 5th, 2006 at 11:58 pm
Unfortunately if government on all levels doesn’t begin to respond to the rape of our nation (such as in Santa Ana and elsewhere) anarchy will flourish more than it already has and we could end in another “civil” war.
With the neutered politicians and the political thievery to steal votes by sponsors of illegals who capture sections of our nation with little resistance we may be forced into a “Second Amendment” right to arm and defend ourselves.
Our immediate response to these demonstrations is to bring a total boycot on anything from Mexico. We can go into our department, hardware and garden shops and itemize the Mexican made products and demand their removal or bring the boycott to life.
While doing this we “must” seal the borders. Mexico does on its southern border.
No matter what religion we practice we must also bring God back into our culture or we’re actually sealing our doom

greasedatraxs Says:

May 4th, 2006 at 7:27 pm
These things are nothing new. President Eisenhower deported over a million mexicans back in the late fifties.

Ceasar Chavez was protesting illegal immigration in the early sixties. He had organized the “Farm Workers Union” and the flood then as now was undermining wages.

Difference now is Americans have been castrated intellectually.

The scum communist bastards that were spitting on returning U.S. servicemen, burning draft cards, flags, and ROTC buildings in 1968 never left the”academy” . Those who did not move on to subvert the the court system and american journalism stayed to pervert the minds and language of our young.

The result is that today the basist of human emotions has been lifted up as the highest of virtues.

Class Envy? Academics incapable of producing anything but dissent, hate that pro-ball players and business people are rewarded financially, more than them.

Diversity is the loser revolver used by the left to mirror holes into anything successful. They attempt to prove that since “A” is so lousy “B” must have exploited “A”. “A” is never to blame.

Imagine there’s no countries, nothing to kill or die for , it’s easy if you try… Except kill the capitalists, christians, homo-phobe’s first.

Don’t be judgmental you rich, anglo-european, racist, bastards!

Oh yeah… there are absolutely no absolutes… except that you anglo’s have stolen your wealth from your brown brothers from africa and south america…

I feel so cheated that the United States has been so backward in the area of diversity! Just imagine being as good as Mexico, Africa and China!

taterrel Says:

May 4th, 2006 at 11:25 am
I have noticed more and more of these aliens moving into Indiana. They have like three or more families living in one house in the neighborhood. Unfortunately, they are bring the price of housing down because of this. And! Who wants to live beside them when they are illegal (and don’t speak a word of english)! It is up to us to take our country back. We cannot wait this is an emergency!

Old 05-11-2006, 03:00 AM
Savage Conservative

Iron Horse, I admit I didn't read most of your posts, I just don't have the time to read really long posts, especially when I know I already agree with them whole heartedly. I read the first few pars and got the gist.

Yes, I've been saying it all along: close the borders now! Get them out (illegals), every single one of them!

And now we get the news today that the current population in this country aged 5 and under are almost 50% minorities, thanks mostly to this huge influx of Mexicans. Folks, this is definitly the beginning of the end of this country, especially when you have people like Bush in the white house trying to give this country away to other countries. Bush is going to go down as the worst president in this country's history, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT! And now he wants his brother as president! Are you kidding me?!?!?! Talk about a slap in everyone's face. Ok, I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:32 AM
S.D.M.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFusion
Iron Horse, I admit I didn't read most of your posts, I just don't have the time to read really long posts, especially when I know I already agree with them whole heartedly. I read the first few pars and got the gist.

Yes, I've been saying it all along: close the borders now! Get them out (illegals), every single one of them!

And now we get the news today that the current population in this country aged 5 and under are almost 50% minorities, thanks mostly to this huge influx of Mexicans. Folks, this is definitly the beginning of the end of this country, especially when you have people like Bush in the white house trying to give this country away to other countries. Bush is going to go down as the worst president in this country's history, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT! And now he wants his brother as president! Are you kidding me?!?!?! Talk about a slap in everyone's face. Ok, I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.
Yes,bush is PART of the problem, him and every other American president for the last 40 years who refuse to take this problem head on.
You are not rambling, don't stop, we value ALL opinions in this thread.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:39 AM
S.D.M.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse
The U.S. Border Patrol is tipping off Mexican authorities on the positions of members of the Minuteman civilian patrols.

U.S. officials have agreed to the notification process to reassure the Mexican government that the illegal immigrants' rights are being observed, the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario, Calif., reports.

When the Minuteman and other civilian border patrol groups help apprehend illegal immigrants, the Mexican government must be notified, according to three documents on the Mexican Secretary of Foreign Relations website.
A U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman confirmed to the Daily Bulletin the notification process, describing it as a standard procedure.

"It's not a secret where the Minuteman volunteers are going to be," Mario Martinez said.

"This ... simply makes two basic statements – that we will not allow any lawlessness of any type, and that if an alien is encountered by a Minuteman or arrested by the Minuteman, then we will allow that government to interview the person."

But angered Minuteman members say the reporting virtually nullifies their effectiveness and could endanger lives.

"Now we know why it seemed like Mexican officials knew where we were all the time," Chris Simcox, founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, told the Ontario paper.

"It's unbelievable that our own government agency is sending intelligence to another country," he said. "They are sending intelligence to a nation where corruption runs rampant, and that could be getting into the hands of criminal cartels.

"They just basically endangered the lives of American people."

Martinez said any illegal alien apprehended has the right to request counsel.

"We have to give their counsel the information about their apprehension, and that includes where they are apprehended, whether a Minuteman volunteer spotted them or a citizen," he said.

The spokesman said by entering into the cooperative agreement, the Border Patrol hoped to change Mexico's perception of the group as vigilantes.

One of the documents on the website, "Actions of the Mexican Government in Relation to the Activities of Vigilante Groups," describes a meeting with San Diego Border Patrol sector chief Darryl Griffen.

According to the document, Griffen "said that the Border Patrol will not permit any violence or any actions contrary to the law by the groups, and he is continuously aware of (the volunteer organizations') operations."

The document continues: "Mr. Griffen reiterated to the undersecretary his promise to notify the General Consul right away when the vigilantes detain or participate in the detention of any undocumented Mexicans."

The documents name the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps and the Chino, Calif.-based Friends of the Border Patrol.

TJ Bonner, president of the 10,000-member union National Border Patrol Council, told the Daily Bulletin his member agents have complained for years about the Mexican government "unduly influencing our enforcement policies."

"That's not a legitimate role for any foreign nation," he said.

The Minuteman weblog said the Daily Bulletin's story "does not report information told to the [Minuteman] media offices that the Border Patrol chiefs have also been passing along intelligence reports to the government of Mexico on the activities of Minutemen not only at the borders, but in locations such as Utah, Nevada, Illinois, Massachusetts and Tennessee."

The weblog said one report contained estimated chapter membership numbers of Minutemen in Illinois and a statement on activities. The report noted the group didn't seem to know any politicians there, indicating the Illinois Minutemen had not acquired political clout.

The Minuteman blog commented: "That is not a report on the location of Minutemen at the border, but political intelligence from our government to a foreign nation about the activities of American citizens petitioning our own government for redress of grievances."

Border agents interviewed by the paper said they have been asked to report the location of all civilian patrols to sector headquarters. But they are not to file the groups' names in reports if they spot illegal immigrants.

"Last year an internal memo notified all agents not to give credit to Minuteman volunteers or others who call in sightings of illegal aliens," said an agent who spoke to the Daily Bulletin on condition he not be identified. "We were told to list it as a citizen call and leave it at that. Many times, we were told not to go out to Minuteman calls."
This was just confirmed this eveining on MSNBC by the repoter who broke this story...The US border patrol had one of their lap dogs on FOX news saying it was not true, but their lies have been exposed. The documents are on mexican goverment websites. The truth is, our goverment does not want to stop this invasion.