report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayogibear View Post
Hello,
I just started with leapforce and have only been able to do 23 tph. Does this mean I wont' get paid for all the time i am working? I don't log in to study or learn new tasks, just to complete them. I put a lot of time and effort into this and need to get paid, what do I do?
Thanks
I would suggest going into the chat room and asking this question. Answering this may be out of line with the non disclosure act that you signed when coming on with the company. If you look on your leapforce homepage (where it tells you your TPH) the L hand side should have a link to chat room. You will get paid but you might get good tips in there to help you better.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The Arizona Attorney General's office may be hearing from me about deceptive practices.

So far, took and passed first exam. Took -- or tried to take second exam. After 15 hours of work it became apparent the exam was buggy -- query/URL pairs kept reappearing, Tasks to be completed continued replenishing the cue. After what must have been 200+ completed taks, and after seeing the same questions over and over again, I stopped taking the exam - I had no confidence in it. Who would?

I write LF explaining the situation. They returned my email and acknowledged there are "issues" with the exam and tell me to wait for further emails. I get further emails -- automated ones -- telling me I've failed the second exam and I can take BOTH exams again.

I write LF explaing I passed the first exam, and their email did not address my concern about the faulty exam. In other words, is it fixed? They write back saying the issues were resolved "last week."

Well, late this past Friday night I was trying to take an obviously broken exam. I can say with certainty the isuues were not resolved "last week." Additionaly, no mention was made regarding my success with the first exam. Without this recognition I need to re-take the first exam in order to get the second. Which leads to more lost time. Which leads to the score so far...

The Score So Far

Me - 25-30 wasted hours of hard work.

LF - Success! duping another stooge to, to, to ... I don't know -- how do you make sense of this? - to try out their AI bots with real humans? Get some unpaid task rating? Make the world a slightly more miserable place? Train susceptible would-be LF'rs into accepting that the dehumanizing era of working in mills is on the return and just around the corner?

I can say this, my entire LF experience casts a cloud over Google.

I guess you could say I have issues.

And the manner in which this "issue" or farce, or explotation, or deceptive practice concludes will determine whether I contact the Arizona Attorney Generals Office. A cursory survey of Leapforce on the internet shows there's no shortage of similar grievances.

And I were to invest the same 25-30 hours into this cause that I did the exams...?

Let's see, maybe a simple "query" on Kraigslist "Leapforce Experiences? Pro? Con?" A concerned Arizona workers empowerment group is solicitng testimony to be submitted to...

Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I might check out this Leap Force thing, but I wanted to point out that even scam companies will pay sometimes. They pick and choose who they will pay. It makes them appear legit. From the mixed responses here I'm betting that this is the case. It reminds me of Gagabux which has so many people fooled because of this same kind of trick. Many of the people who aren't getting the pay they deserve actually are doing the job right. Of course if you are one of those who are lucky enough to be the chosen paid you're going to assume that they must be doing something wrong just because you got paid.

Last edited by kamimi : 06-20-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayogibear View Post
Hello,
I just started with leapforce and have only been able to do 23 tph. Does this mean I wont' get paid for all the time i am working? I don't log in to study or learn new tasks, just to complete them. I put a lot of time and effort into this and need to get paid, what do I do?
Thanks
I suggest emailing LF with your questions/concerns but I see no reason why they wouldn't pay you :) GL

Old 06-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamimi View Post
I might check out this Leap Force thing, but I wanted to point out that even scam companies will pay sometimes. They pick and choose who they will pay. It makes them appear legit. From the mixed responses here I'm betting that this is the case. It reminds me of Gagabux which has so many people fooled because of this same kind of trick. Many of the people who aren't getting the pay they deserve actually are doing the job right. Of course if you are one of those who are lucky enough to be the chosen paid you're going to assume that they must be doing something wrong just because you got paid.

Unfortunately what you are seeing is ticked off people because they couldn't pass the exam. It's legit. I've been doing it over over 14 months now and I know others that have been doing it well over two years. Don't let morons scare you off from a good opportunity. The only issue is that it is hard work so long as you are not afraid of it. The entrance exam is LONG and crappy, but it's not as people say a way to exploit people. Google already has the answers to every question that they are asking you to rate. How else would they test you. The test questions are set up like the job so obviously they have to see if you are ok at it first. I failed my first time. It stunk, but I got back on the horse and tried again and passed and am happy that I did. It is a lot of hours but if you want to work from home it's worth it. GL to you.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Leapforce is a legitimate company and yes 150 tasks feels like you are taking a scientology i.q. test. Once you complete the 150, the work is not too hard. I have received some tickets for not completing tasks fast enough. After working a little harder, I stopped getting tickets. Going on 3 months now. I hope the mass firings thing is not true though.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Leapforce just hired me today. I want to thank all of you for the highly informative posts in this thread.

What I will say about the exam is this: You MUST study the resources they provide you with first, and meticulously. Before investing hours upon hours taking the exam which I presumed would be required, I stretched out on my couch, cracked open a cold one, and dived into the study material, reading every word, from first page to last, all printed out on my copier/scanner. Once I completed the exam I knew I had done the right thing. It is worth the effort. I was so sure of my answers to most of the questions, I felt certain I had passed both parts before receiving the results.

My opinion so far is that anyone here claiming Leapforce a scam is mistaken.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I think whether Leapforce is a scam is a matter of opinion.

I, too, have worked with them for several months. Although I found the tests to be extreme and unnecessary (most of the work has little to do with the initial testing) I passed them all.

I also had some problems with my initial invoice. Fortunately for me, I had been tracking my time, and Leapforce had been having difficult with its toolbar logging out people too early, so I was granted my several hours of disputed time worked.

At the end of my first full month, I received feedback on one many types of the ratings (URLs). My feedback was "average." I thought that was pretty good for a first full month.

I also tested (about an hour, on my dime - unpaid) and became certified for a specific type of more advanced work, for which I was promised a bonus (but so far have not yet been paid).

I received no additional feedback about any of my work, and my level of work (TPH) was acceptable. In fact, I have received no feedback or communication from Leapforce, with the exception of a couple brief answers to questions I had and maybe three general broadcast messages. (I did receive my compensation, about 26 days after the end of the previous month in each case.)

This past Monday, Leapforce had some upgrades. The upgrade required a file that was supposed to be on their portal, but was no where to be found. While searching for the file, I discovered Leapforce has a chat client for its reviewers (!!!) which is somewhat buried in a long list of links on one of the pages. Remember I have worked there for about four months now, this chat was not readily noticeable and no person or message had ever previously directed me to go to chat with any questions, etc. I literally just stumbled across it.

In the chat, another helpful rater told me where to find the required file... also buried in the middle of a long list of completely unrelated links and unremarkably formatted so as not to draw attention. I mean, really... could they not put this necessary file in a brightly colored box at least, or email it out to their raters? Something supportive and helpful? Unfortunately, all too indicative of the nature and atmosphere of this organization.

While in chat, I also happened to find out - again, completely ** accident - that I had been doing one part of my job incorrectly (a fairly minor thing, just the way I noted comments for one type of task) for the entire four months. I made the mistake of admitting this in the chat, and I don't know whether this made a difference or not. Without any warning, my available tasks were shut off.

Within a day, Leapforce had terminated my contract for poor quality. I have to reiterate - I HAD NEVER BEEN GIVEN NOTICE I WAS DOING ANYTHING INCORRECTLY, nor given the chance to correct/improve my work.

I have emailed the anonymous beings at Leapforce, pointing this out, but am not holding my breath about hearing anything back, based on their incredible lack of communication skills.

In case any of you are still considering giving this a go, it might also be helpful for you to know (from what I have gathered during my time there and since, from actual, long-standing vetran raters) Leapforce also has a tendency to cap its raters at a certain number of tasks or hours of work. This seems to be completely random and unofficial, but I had noticed it happening, and others have as well. The word is they will sometimes cap newbies at lower levels to make sure they have a handle on the job, but will also cap vets at 2 - 4 hours per day, for unspecified/unknown reasons. So... do beware, in case you might be planning on counting on this for a major source of revenue, or you don't happen to be one of the lucky few who somehow manage to blissfully make their way into long-term, unmolested terms of contract with Leapforce.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

OK, don't think Leapforce qualifies as a true scam.

I did spend hours familiarizing myself with the guidelines and my girlfriend even took the time to print them out & make a nice binder for me. I did take the two qualification tests over a week's time & I did pass. I was starting my 3-wk vacation about the same time that I received notice that I was now a Leapforce agent so I e mailed them twice to find out if it was OK to start work at the end of the month. I never received a reply & I wasn't about the cancel my vacation, so I started working during the last week of the July.

Work was sporadic except for the FIRST time I logged in. I was able to work for three hours & there was still tasks when I chose to stop. My first score was only 9 TPH (tasks/hr). Their expectations are 25/hr for the first three weeks & then 30/hr. OK, no biggie. It was my first time & at least I thought I knew what was expected. After that time, I was only able to work for 30 mins, 20...and hr at the most before "no task to rate" appeared in my window. I never received any feedback except a couple of "good comment, rater (me)" from the moderators, even though I sent two e-mails asking for feedback.

Anyway, ** the end of the first week, I was up to 14 TPH and at the end of the second week, 22.6 TPH. The last day of the 2nd wk, my tasks que remained empty until I received my termination e mail a few days ago.

I can accept that maybe I wasn't a good fit on day one or two and maybe LF has such a vast number of applicants that truly excel at this type of work that they are able to be "brutal without conscience" when it comes to the culling process...I'm not sure.

My main complaint was that there was no rhythm or consistency. I had to switch tasks constantly in that first week & had to download and read no less than eight different sets of guidelines. Sometimes I would download & read only to go back & the que be empty again. How can you start something new and not be able to stay on one task long enough to even get a feel before starting something else new? I don't feel like two weeks was a long enough probationary period when my score improved with each task and I did seem to be pretty good at the job according to the mods' comments--which was the ONLY feedback I ever received except the "Dear Jane, your stats suck" form e-mails.

I DD receive a check & my friend that referred me to LF--her son has worked for them for over four years. So...I will use my experience with them as a learning tool to help guide me in new directions with "online employment"!

Peace.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have worked at home for 8 years. I have worked for Ba**tobee, West At Home, as a Virtual Assistant, Usertesting.com, Concierge, cold call commission only sales, etc. I have never encountered a scam. I just passed both tests for Leapforce. I personally feel like they were very up front about the material and the test, that it is difficult and one will need the full week to do it. The first test I thought was more complicated than the second! The first I feel had questions where no answers were correct (because they contradict themselves in the 125 pages of material). On the other hand, I'm sure that the 125 pages of material have been revised several times over the years and because the material is so in depth, there will be contradictions. They even state in their guidelines that evaluators are at odds sometimes with certain tasks. It's not cut and dry. The second test I felt like everything came together. I do not think the second test is a way for them to get free labor. If you have gone through the full 125 pages thoroughly, you would know that a task requires a complete response. The 144 questions were half done and just asked for ratings, language and any flags. It was clearly a test. I haven't started working yet because they are setting up my paper work, but in their defense, I have worked with a lot of these companies and I have not seen a perfect one yet. It took me several years to accept the fact that when you work as an independent contractor for or with a group of people that you will never see face to face, you will find that professionalism can sometimes take a back seat even with the best of intentions. It's just the nature of the beast! First of all, even in the traditional workforce, many are at will employees and can be fired at any time. I worked for ba**tobee.com for 3 years. I got paid every week, they had as much support in place as possible, they did weird stuff sometimes, but I was keeping my head above water so I couldn't complain. I never got into the whole chat room thing. I kept it open for any alerts but did not chat (best to not get too wrapped up in that unless it "is" the job of course). I had been off for 2 days and when I came back to work I went to log in and couldn't. Then I couldn't log into the chat room. Finally I got a hold of a supervisor on aol and was informed that they were sold and had shut down for good! No email no nothing! Just a message on the message board which was not available anymore! It happens and will continue to happen. Be prepared for it. All these companies are constantly letting people go all of the time. They have quotas to meet too! They like to get rid of people that are not at the top of their game. If you can get a job as an "employee" you might expect not to be let go so easily after a few months. It is what it is. Take the good with the bad. If you can make relatively easy money from home, even if it is supplemental, you shouldn't really complain much. We'll see what Leapforce has in store. If they don't always have work then they don't. I agree with the person's comment about the BBB giving artificially low ratings for non-members. That is true. I used to go to the BBB for everything. I don't bother anymore. After 8 years of this, I know enough to know that you are lucky!!! if any legitimate company is willing to pay you to work from home. There's soooo much competition and it's not easy to get hired online. Make the best of it, take what you can and move on it if it doesn't work out.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Started w Leapforce a few months ago, seems like a stand up opportunity - I've been getting work and paychecks. In the testing phase, it took a couple days to get results back.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Newbie Member

Leapforce is the bottom of the barrel. I said it two years ago. I am on my second contract for WFL that does the exact same thing for the same COMPANY. However, you are an employee and paid wkly. You do not have to beg for your money and wait a month. It is deposited it in my bank acct wkly like clockwork. Leapforce is awful-unethical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run.............................................:d azzler1:
Leapforce is run by

And now I hear that there is always NRT. I get almost fulltime hours with WFL and the pay is higher. Leapforce is a horrible imitation of WFL.
It was be except many people are being hurt by this bootleg company!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Newbie Member

f Leapforce is not a SCAM it certainly is the most unethical company I have ever worked with.

They give WAH a bad name.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staryj View Post
I am truly sorry for those who think LF is a scam, or think the test is a rip off...I will continue to draw my now, 20/hr, while working on my own time and at home these last 18 months. Oh, its too bad I had to earn 26/hr for bonus times. Indeed, I don't, but some of the LF contractors are working full time at that rate. Good luck to those who don't believe in LF
Bahahahahahahaha! LIAR and probably OWNER. It pays 13.50 hr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.....get some ethics. The spin is awful....

Old 10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme_zoze View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like the rating projects may not be a good fit for you, and we are unable to have you continue.
:((((((((((((( why till me that ???
Because they are unethical scum.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Newbie Member

Re: If Leapforce terminated your contract....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Newton View Post
I have worked for leapforce for 2 months and have yet to be paid.
They are awful. The owners are going to hell wearing gasoline pants, hopefully sooner than later. I am sorry this happened to you.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Diamond Member

Re: If Leapforce terminated your contract....

Some work at home companies better themselves after complaints to the BBB. If the company is making a lot of money or satisfied with the money they are making then I doubt they would change because of complaints.

The way to make changes or close down Leap Force is to get a group of people and file a law suit against the company if you have proof they have broken the law. If you are just upset and tell all how horrible this company has treated many, I doubt this will do much to change a thing. The fact the company pays 13.50 an hour is going to keep people taking that test and trying to make money with Leap Force even if they read people saying how badly they were treated by Leap Force.

You have those people too that feel they are being treated good by this company and they don't care if Leap Force treated you badly just so they are making some money and have a job.

Nobody really knows why Leap Force does what it does with it's workers so everyone is just assuming how this company treats all.

Also wanted to say these workers are independent contractors and have to pay taxes on what they earn from Leap Force.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Newbie Member

Just because it's not the same company as WFL doesn't mean it's a scam. I have worked for almost a year and a half for them now. They do pay monthly, yes, they do pay less than 20/hr for US raters, yes, but the point is that they pay. I have never had to bother them for my money and have always had it in the net 30 terms laid out in my contract. There has been some task availability issues occasionally but we are contractors. They have no obligation to us. This is still better than getting dressed, dropping my kiddo off at daycare, and going to my 9-5 job any day. If y'all don't appreciate it, it's your loss and gives me more work :)