report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #37  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Aznav Aznav is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tucson
Posts: 7
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yepyep View Post
That was the worst analogy I have ever read in my entire life.
Why, thank you. It's good to see one's literary acumen recognized occasionally. Gotta run, I'm the new independent contractor for acai berry and my check's in the mail.


Reply With Quote

  #38  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 AM
yepyep yepyep is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

wait really? wow, the Acai berry business sounds so luxurious. I'm jealous. I'm still stuck in the dark age with my blackberries and rhubarb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznav View Post
Why, thank you. It's good to see one's literary acumen recognized occasionally. Gotta run, I'm the new independent contractor for acai berry and my check's in the mail.

Reply With Quote

  #39  
Old 03-16-2011, 11:30 AM
kellygian kellygian is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

I took both exams the first one I passed the second one I failed. I studied the material and did the simulations. On the simulations I was getting most of them correct 2/30 incorrect. I don't think the company is a "scam" to the people it employs but I do think I did a lot of work for them on the exam questions. I don't like that I don't get to know my test score are or what other people are scoring/ or scale to qualify for employment. I have done this type work in the passed for attorney law books- Rules Regulations and Proclamations Tax Law. I have also a lot of years experience online creating online directories databases for concierge and apparel using the world wide web for several years. So I have knowledge of this kind of material and experience.

I find it odd that I get no information about my test score. Is it possible that Leap force could not need to hire and are still excepting applicants to do work for free? or maybe they pick the candidates they believe may be the most qualified and have so many applicants that they are also using this test to get free labor from them.

So, Congratulations to the people that get hired and qualify to answer questions like :
PG. 60 in your General Guidelines.pdf version 3.17
Query: [Spanking] English (US)
User Intent:
Find information on spanking kids - the correct answer for the Landing page: www.thespankingnews.com

"The Spanking News"
is: RELEVANT AND A PORNnography flag ?????

I see adults spanking each other and a picture of a adult bending down holding their ankles and the title reads "first human spanking machine"
RELEVANT ?
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH Disciplining Your CHILD?

Unless the query is from a Pedophile then it would be RELEVANT
which is illegal by United States Federal Law. So why is it the correct answer to send someone asking:

[Spanking] user intent: Find information on spanking a child' with a landing page of a pornography site getting a rating of relevant ?
Why has this been considered correct answer? are they trying to catch a pedophile?

I realize user intent would be "expecting" spanking for children- ok. but why GRADE someone in a system to consider this a form of punishment for a child then subject them to its a pornography query then that is TO GRADE OR QUALIFY A PERSON IN A TEST FOR ACCURACY.


BULLSHIT.
The first time I saw this I thought, this is very WRONG. The format they have for TESTING YOU TO rate these pages is NOT a Legitimate by definition legal: complying with the law, or having official status defined by law, conforming to acknowledged standards: complying with recognized rules, standards, or traditions (meaning to me its a low life example if I saw [Spanking] in a search box my first thought would not be or as they say: User Intent : spanking a child)
well-founded: well reasoned and sincere

TO GRADE OR QUALIFY A PERSON FOR INTERNET RATING SYSTEM FOR SEARCH ENGINES.

I enjoy the format of Do Know Go, [and the rating scale:
vital,useful,relevant slightly relevant off topic and unratable
with the Task Languages and multiple interpretations] system

I AGAIN, I realize STILL AS I FIRST READ THE GUIDELINES user intent would be- "expecting" spanking for children- ok. but why GRADE someone in a system to consider this a form of punishment for a child then subject them to its a pornography query then that is TO GRADE OR QUALIFY A PERSON IN A TEST FOR ACCURACY.

I do think their "rating scale" that they "believe/create" is correct "in this system" but the correct answer decision is flawed and that example proves it. I also think that their are other flaws and this type of testing is not a good depiction of their company.

I also think it would be a waste of time to get upset over being "incorrect" by the standards that they judge their potential candidates for 13.50 an hour. So if you think your self smarter because you passed the 2nd test and was "one of the chosen ones" Id consider yourselves lucky to have a job and not think these people with their own criticisms fools. I thought the most intelligent part of the test was the first part.

So here is to HIGH RATINGS ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB and the latest most viewed media coverage in the USA current-

If you do the work and get paid are you a troll or like Charlie Sheen :WINNING

(and don't forget it was CBS that "made him" the highest paid tv actor. But its still his off screen personality that gets the HIGHEST ratings for his network and his show.)




Last edited by kellygian : 03-16-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #40  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 AM
mels708 mels708 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 21
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

That is the angriest message I have ever seen. I am so happy that you do not work with me because I would not want to deal with that in the chat room. I'm so sorry you failed. It stinks I know...I failed trying the first time for the same exam with a similar company. I feel ya, but geesh! Those exam questions FYI are work that the company already has the answers to. They are not trying to exploit you. LOL. This is great. I love watching the craziness in this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygian View Post
I took both exams the first one I passed the second one I failed. I studied the material and did the simulations. On the simulations I was getting most of them correct 2/30 incorrect. I don't think the company is a "scam" to the people it employs but I do think I did a lot of work for them on the exam questions. I don't like that I don't get to know my test score are or what other people are scoring/ or scale to qualify for employment. I have done this type work in the passed for attorney law books- Rules Regulations and Proclamations Tax Law. I have also a lot of years experience online creating online directories databases for concierge and apparel using the world wide web for several years. So I have knowledge of this kind of material and experience.

I find it odd that I get no information about my test score. Is it possible that Leap force could not need to hire and are still excepting applicants to do work for free? or maybe they pick the candidates they believe may be the most qualified and have so many applicants that they are also using this test to get free labor from them.

So, Congratulations to the people that get hired and qualify to answer questions like :
PG. 60 in your General Guidelines.pdf version 3.17
Query: [Spanking] English (US)
User Intent:
Find information on spanking kids - the correct answer for the Landing page: www.thespankingnews.com

"The Spanking News"
is: RELEVANT AND A PORNnography flag ?????

I see adults spanking each other and a picture of a adult bending down holding their ankles and the title reads "first human spanking machine"
RELEVANT ?
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH Disciplining Your CHILD?

Unless the query is from a Pedophile then it would be RELEVANT
which is illegal by United States Federal Law. So why is it the correct answer to send someone asking:

[Spanking] user intent: Find information on spanking a child' with a landing page of a pornography site getting a rating of relevant ?
Why has this been considered correct answer? are they trying to catch a pedophile?

I realize user intent would be "expecting" spanking for children- ok. but why GRADE someone in a system to consider this a form of punishment for a child then subject them to its a pornography query then that is TO GRADE OR QUALIFY A PERSON IN A TEST FOR ACCURACY.


BULLSHIT.
The first time I saw this I thought, this is very WRONG. The format they have for TESTING YOU TO rate these pages is NOT a Legitimate by definition legal: complying with the law, or having official status defined by law, conforming to acknowledged standards: complying with recognized rules, standards, or traditions (meaning to me its a low life example if I saw [Spanking] in a search box my first thought would not be or as they say: User Intent : spanking a child)
well-founded: well reasoned and sincere

TO GRADE OR QUALIFY A PERSON FOR INTERNET RATING SYSTEM FOR SEARCH ENGINES.

I enjoy the format of Do Know Go, [and the rating scale:
vital,useful,relevant slightly relevant off topic and unratable
with the Task Languages and multiple interpretations] system

I AGAIN, I realize STILL AS I FIRST READ THE GUIDELINES user intent would be- "expecting" spanking for children- ok. but why GRADE someone in a system to consider this a form of punishment for a child then subject them to its a pornography query then that is TO GRADE OR QUALIFY A PERSON IN A TEST FOR ACCURACY.

I do think their "rating scale" that they "believe/create" is correct "in this system" but the correct answer decision is flawed and that example proves it. I also think that their are other flaws and this type of testing is not a good depiction of their company.

I also think it would be a waste of time to get upset over being "incorrect" by the standards that they judge their potential candidates for 13.50 an hour. So if you think your self smarter because you passed the 2nd test and was "one of the chosen ones" Id consider yourselves lucky to have a job and not think these people with their own criticisms fools. I thought the most intelligent part of the test was the first part.

So here is to HIGH RATINGS ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB and the latest most viewed media coverage in the USA current-

If you do the work and get paid are you a troll or like Charlie Sheen :WINNING

(and don't forget it was CBS that "made him" the highest paid tv actor. But its still his off screen personality that gets the HIGHEST ratings for his network and his show.)

Reply With Quote

  #41  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:51 AM
psykdelicbunny psykdelicbunny is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Leapforce is not a scam - not by far. I have been working as an IC for them for over 2 years now and have never had an issue with the way they invoice, quality check, or even the exam. The bottom line with Leapforce is either you are cut out for the job or you aren't. If you can't pass the exam (which does require a lot of reading and comprehending information) then the job is not for you - period. If you don't invoice your hours correctly they will call you on it - what company doesn't do that? If you can't do the work at the level of quality they require they reserve the right to terminate you - again, what company doesn't do that? Leapforce is a great opportunity, but its a job and they expect you to work to their standards.

Reply With Quote

  #42  
Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 PM
elcomputo elcomputo is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

I saw the Leapforce ad posted on *****s List. Something about it did not smell right. I did some Googling and, before I came up with the stuff here on scam.com, I found an eHow article about work-at-home job offers and how so many are phony -- except for Leapforce, which it said was a legitimate outfit.

The trouble with the supposed eHow article was that it too appeared to be phony, perhaps written and posted by Leapforce itself.

Same with all the glowing testimonials supposedly written here by "satistfied Leapforce contractors." They sound as though they're all written by the same person, even down to the identical cliches used in each. I figure they're written by Mr. Leapforce himself.

Well, maybe they aren't. Maybe the whole thing is legitimate. But to me it smells awfully strange, and I don't care to take the risk of testing this out and then wasting a lot of my time before finding out I'm right.

It looks to me that Leapforce is one of the few outfits being badmouthed at this site -- and that, to me, is enough to give off an odor resembling a rat.

Reply With Quote

  #43  
Old 03-27-2011, 06:37 PM
staryj staryj is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

I am truly sorry for those who think LF is a scam, or think the test is a rip off...I will continue to draw my now, 20/hr, while working on my own time and at home these last 18 months. Oh, its too bad I had to earn 26/hr for bonus times. Indeed, I don't, but some of the LF contractors are working full time at that rate. Good luck to those who don't believe in LF

Reply With Quote

  #44  
Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Warcraft Warcraft is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

It is not a scam.

It is a legitimate business that expects you to do the work you agreed to do and they expect you to do it accurately and to their standards.

There are way too many people used to the office environment where they get paid even if they are on the phone with personal calls, surfing the web, or gossiping over coffee. (Now, that is what I call a scam).

If you do your job as intended and you report your time honestly and accurately, you will get paid on time.

The job is definitely not for all. It requires concentration, thinking, and it can get boring at times.

The wonderful part about being self-employed / contractor, is that you work your own hours and are fully responsible for the quality of your work. You can't blame anyone but yourself.

If you had a work at home 'job' stuffing envelopes, and they offered you $10 for 1000 envelopes stuffed, they will not give you $10 if you only submitted 50 envelopes. And if you constantly stuffed the envelopes with the wrong materials, I am sure they would let you go too.

So, if you are not used to being responsible and most of all having self-discipline (no boss walking around the cubicles to tell you what to do and when to do it), you WILL FAIL.

Just my two cents. I do not make a living at this, but I do the work at night when I am up and can't sleep. It more than pays for my monthly entertainment expenses and I am happy with that!

Reply With Quote

  #45  
Old 04-16-2011, 05:24 AM
rlogan rlogan is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Leapforce is definitely NOT a scam, I have worked for them for a year and a half and I am paid like clockwork every month and have never had a problem getting paid. You do need to be intelligent to keep working for them which may be your real problem

Reply With Quote

  #46  
Old 05-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Chester Newton Chester Newton is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Re: If Leapforce terminated your contract....

I have worked for leapforce for 2 months and have yet to be paid.

Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 05-01-2011, 04:13 AM
Chester Newton Chester Newton is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

I spent 10 hours preparing for and then taking the exam. I became an agent. I no sucker so I completed the min. required tasks for the month, just make sure I will get paid.

On the 1st of the month I filled out my invoice. Then I waited and waited and waited. finally after 2 weeks I was informed that some errors existed on my invoice. I take a look at the errors as it turns out they do track your time, and accoring to leapfarce I worked about 55% of the hours I invoiced. Under closer inspection leapfarce has no record of some of the days invoiced for work, and at the same time they credited me for days I did not work. What gives?

Any way I refilled out my invoice exactly according to what leapfarce claimed I worked. Now it has been 2 more weeks and I am waiting waiting waiting. Good Thing I have a wife with a good paying job. Turns out I may be a Sucker.



Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 05-11-2011, 10:14 AM
tweetiebird tweetiebird is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Can someone answer this? Else I'm about to think it's a scam too. Took the test a couple of weeks ago and failed, then received an invite to retake. Took it again today. I know I passed. As a matter of fact, the response I got after taking the first exam was that Unfortunately, I'm not a good fit. They'll keep my resume on file. NOw I was under the impression that if you passed the first exam, you'll take the second. I was stopped right at the gate. Obviously I passed, so what's the deal? Must be a scam! hahahah

Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:17 AM
mels708 mels708 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 21
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiebird View Post
Can someone answer this? Else I'm about to think it's a scam too. Took the test a couple of weeks ago and failed, then received an invite to retake. Took it again today. I know I passed. As a matter of fact, the response I got after taking the first exam was that Unfortunately, I'm not a good fit. They'll keep my resume on file. NOw I was under the impression that if you passed the first exam, you'll take the second. I was stopped right at the gate. Obviously I passed, so what's the deal? Must be a scam! hahahah
I have referred at least 10 people and everyone that actually passed the first test got moved on immediately as I did. If you were told that you didn't fit...it does not mean that you passes. Why would they invite you to take it again and then not allow you to work. that doesn't make sense. Ugh. You people kill me. You can always try re-applying under Lionbridge. They do the exact same job and very similar tests (I failed the LB test.)

Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 05-23-2011, 06:41 AM
WallyF WallyF is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaduncan View Post
I have to agree with this post. It is a legitimate job. However, they do mass firings without any rhyme or reason. They will say it is the quality of the contractors work. There is a whole thread on this at very popular work at home blog where more than 10 people were terminated without explanation over a two day period. The way it was done was brutal and chilling. No warning and in the email they tell you to write them if you have a questions about their actions. NO ONE got any reply to their requests for termination and proof of poor quality. In fact, many had received quality reviews from Leap Force. Something is wrong with this company. As for the Better Business Bureau as of December 23, 2009-they had an "F" rating. That speaks volumes.
I think you need to check out Better Business Bureau reviews before you use it as a bench mark for legitimacy & quality in a business. Most of use in business know very well that BBB is a pay to play type company. If someone files a complaint against you you will get a call for the BBB and they will explain that if you join which costs only about $300-$400 this complaint and others like them can be "re-evaluated and re-scored to take into other relevant factors." Legitimate businesses just pay the the fee because it's not worth fighting it and getting bad press from an un-informed consumers.

Do yourself a favor and look at some investigative reports done by local TV Stations during ratings week--it's always a good rating bump. But after a few weeks everyone forgets and go's back to "Gold Standard" BBB Rating System

Reply With Quote

  #51  
Old 05-27-2011, 05:08 AM
nelson1600 nelson1600 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Second Test: How Long Do Results Take

OK, so from what I have gathered in reading around forums about Leapforce is that they may have made changes in how and how quickly you hear back from them.

I took test 1 and passed it; it took about 5 minutes and I had an email stating I had passed and could move on to part 2.

I had until 12:00am PDT on 5/26 to complete the exam; I submitted my last answer / query at or just before 11:00am PDT on 5/25.

Ok, so I realize that 2 days is not a long time to wait but the email for the second exam only states that you will be notified of a pass or fail after the exam due date; however it gives no indication of how long that might be.

I'm just curious if anyone out here could indicate how long after they completed their second test it took for them to be notified.

I'm just curious about how long I should wait before I try to contact them or move on to something else :).

Any insight is both welcome and appreciated.

Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 AM
meme_zoze meme_zoze is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Unfortunately, it looks like the rating projects may not be a good fit for you, and we are unable to have you continue.
:((((((((((((( why till me that ???

Reply With Quote

  #53  
Old 05-30-2011, 03:44 AM
mels708 mels708 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 21
Re: Second Test: How Long Do Results Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1600 View Post
OK, so from what I have gathered in reading around forums about Leapforce is that they may have made changes in how and how quickly you hear back from them.

I took test 1 and passed it; it took about 5 minutes and I had an email stating I had passed and could move on to part 2.

I had until 12:00am PDT on 5/26 to complete the exam; I submitted my last answer / query at or just before 11:00am PDT on 5/25.

Ok, so I realize that 2 days is not a long time to wait but the email for the second exam only states that you will be notified of a pass or fail after the exam due date; however it gives no indication of how long that might be.

I'm just curious if anyone out here could indicate how long after they completed their second test it took for them to be notified.

I'm just curious about how long I should wait before I try to contact them or move on to something else :).

Any insight is both welcome and appreciated.
It's usually within 24 hrs of the date that you were due to finish. They do sometimes take awhile to get back to you but have no fear the answer will come :) I know the waiting process is awful. GL :) Hope to see you in chat.

Reply With Quote

  #54  
Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 AM
mamayogibear mamayogibear is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Hello,
I just started with leapforce and have only been able to do 23 tph. Does this mean I wont' get paid for all the time i am working? I don't log in to study or learn new tasks, just to complete them. I put a lot of time and effort into this and need to get paid, what do I do?
Thanks


Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.