report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds2010 View Post
I joined and was approved about a week ago. I've logged on several times day and night since then. There are NEVER any tasks to do. I sent them an email politely asking why this is and got no response. What's weird is that there are ads for help all over the Internet for them. Why post so many ads for help if you have nothing for new agents to do? Big waste of time.
It depends on what position you apply for. They have Search Engine Evaluators and Search Quality Judges. The Search Engine Evaluators have constant work. Some people work more than 8 hours per day.

The Search Quality Judge position are new and are tests supplied from a different vendor. These probably don't have as much work supplied as the Search Engine Evaluator ones do.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablog2 View Post
Totally agree. Leapforce is a scam.

For instance: the the Search Engine Evaluator online qualification exam consists of 150 (!!!) simulated search engine evaluation tasks!!! Simulation goes to actual websites. Seems like actual work to me...
The simulator is hosted on the Google website. They already know the answers to the 150 tasks so they can grade it. It is actual work that you have to take it to work there, but so is an entrance exam to a university. Not the best example, but i'm sure they don't want lazy people who are going to quit after doing 20 tasks so the test is long, giving people a good indication of the type of work they'll be doing as a wfh contractor.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Anyone who says they are a scam is either a failed candidate or lazy. They only ask for good work based upon QUALITY production and in return you have pay checks on time, flexible hours, at home work, and team and technical support.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

you make it sound so.. cozy

They are scum's! clear and simple and thatís not just one persons O'pinion!
There is no Reliability I don't care if you rated 5 stars... thereís no moral code!

Sorry but, You don't know that now...
you will!
When its your turn.

I'm pretty sure these people arenít even from this country but, hey.. What do I know? They'll sit back and wait for you to get comfortable, and then... lower the boom! Don't get too comfortable ya hear!

Old 12-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Leap force worked for several months and I love it! My other friend has done for over a year. I get paid every month as expected. The reason people are fired because of their high quality work. I am very happy to work here because I can be home with my son.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Newbie Member

So when were you let go? How long did you work there? details??? Sounds like you have a bad attitude. I wouldn't hire you to rake my leaves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonyplayers View Post

There is no Reliability I don't care if you rated 5 stars... thereís no moral code!

you will!
When its your turn.

I'm pretty sure these people arenít even from this country but, hey.. What do I know? They'll sit back and wait for you to get comfortable, and then... lower the boom! Don't get too comfortable ya hear!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonyplayers View Post

you will!
When its your turn.

Wow...you are so right! I mean it's horrible the way that they pay me to do my job and offer bonus incentives and allow me to stay home with my child and make a living. Gosh what an evil company.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Newbie Member

Sounds like we've got some conflicting reports here.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Greetings All!

THIS IS MY FINAL REPLY, as I have other things to do FAR MORE IMPORTANT than proving that LEAPFORCE IS A SCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAM!!!!!

Quoting Pablog2:

"For instance: the the Search Engine Evaluator online qualification exam consists of 150 (!!!) simulated search engine evaluation tasks!!! Simulation goes to actual websites. Seems like actual work to me..."

IT IS ACTUAL WORK!!!!... FREE LABOR THEY GET....

Then they do this whole divide and conquer thing by stating that only the really intelligent people get the jobs and the idiots (at least one of whom I know for A FACT graduated from a top northeastern university with honors for a scientific degree ...) don't get hired. So those that get hired will, of course, argue for the company because they like being called the "highly intelligent" chosen ones.....

I've been seeing a lot of posting by this company on *****'s List. The ad should be flagged.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:29 AM
Newbie Member

I am so happy that it is your final reply because you are just upset that you are incapable of working in a self motivated job where you constantly have to perform at high standards. Regardless of what you think, you are clearly not working for the company, therefor it's hard for you to judge them. The 150 questions are an entrance exam. Have you ever applied for a job that had you take an entrance exam so they could test your skills first? Funny that the company doesn't want to hire someone that is not able to do what the job requires. You are an independent contractor so the gig is a little different, yes. You do have to put in some of your own effort to learn how to do the job, but being a contractor has benefits too, but clearly some people only want to point out the negative in a situation. I can say personally that I did fail and entrance exam and it was MY fault with another similar company. I didn't blame it on anyone but myself for not understanding their policies initially and did not even think once about giving up. I applied at another of the companies and after more studying I was able to pass and work for Leapforce. It WAS hard work, which I am not afraid of, but it paid off in ways that I can never explain. I have a life now that is filled with joy because I can watch my son grow and work a little or as many hours as I choose on my own schedule. I feel sorry for anyone that can't see the potential in that, but maybe that means that the job is not suited for you in particular, but a scam? NOPE :) Not by any means! It's a legit company for sure. They pay me for the work that I will them for, but in return I am a good employee that always strives to give them quality work. Oh...and yes...they must be a horrible company...because if you provide high quality work they give you a RAISE. OMG OMG OMG. What evil people. Sorry you had a bad experience with them though. Must hurt to know that others are so happy!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Newbie Member

The difference between scum like Leapforce and a quality company like Workforcelogic. I have worked for BOTH. Leapforce fired me for no reason. I completed my year long contract with WFL. With leapforce I was paid a measly 13.50/hr and only once a month. It was a crap shoot if they would deem to pay you for your hours worked. With WFL, I was paid weekly and at a much higher rate. I was an employee and I when my contract ended, I got unemployment. WFL did not require a test to get the job. WFL treats it's employees great. They leave you alone and respect you. You are doing the same work. Trust me. APPLY to WFL and forget about Leapforce. One is quality, the other is trash.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Newbie Member

Good to know for future reference so I will keep it in mind if anything ever happens. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaduncan View Post
The difference between scum like Leapforce and a quality company like Workforcelogic. I have worked for BOTH. Leapforce fired me for no reason. I completed my year long contract with WFL. With leapforce I was paid a measly 13.50/hr and only once a month. It was a crap shoot if they would deem to pay you for your hours worked. With WFL, I was paid weekly and at a much higher rate. I was an employee and I when my contract ended, I got unemployment. WFL did not require a test to get the job. WFL treats it's employees great. They leave you alone and respect you. You are doing the same work. Trust me. APPLY to WFL and forget about Leapforce. One is quality, the other is trash.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I posted the following message above and felt that I needed to give an update on my experience as it might be helpful.

"I joined and was approved about a week ago. I've logged on several times day and night since then. There are NEVER any tasks to do. I sent them an email politely asking why this is and got no response. What's weird is that there are ads for help all over the Internet for them. Why post so many ads for help if you have nothing for new agents to do? Big waste of time."

OK, I finally did get work with them. I've been paid correctly and on time twice now, so I have no complaints about them paying. However, the work load is very spotty. Sometimes there is a lot of work and you can log on anytime day or night and find something to do. But often there is little or nothing to do. So far there has been much less work available then I expected. This makes it more of a supplemental job then one you can depend on full time.

Another issue I have is that the directions are often vague and confusing. The tasks don't really make sense until you actually start working on them. I personally think that whoever writes up the directions for the tasks does a poor job of explaining what they want. He/She often uses acronyms but does not explain what they stand for. You pretty much have to figure it out for yourself as you go.

The time allocations for each task are sometimes screwed up. Sometimes they give you plenty of time to complete a task and sometimes you have to rush. This is rare, but it does happen. On the positive side, they respond to your questions fairly quickly. I am looking for a full time job and will probably drop this eventually, but for now it is helping me with some of my expenses. Overall, the experience is not bad, and they seem to be a fairly good company to work for in that they do what they say they will do. They are definitely not a scam.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

If Leapforce is not a SCAM it certainly is the most unethical company I have ever worked with.

For $13.50 (wow!) and absolutely no benefits, you take a test that takes more than 10 hours to complete just to even get the job - and big surprise - you don't get paid for any of it. You are required to study guidelines that are hundreds of pages long to even take the test - again no pay for training.

They say they stress quality but are concerned only about quantity. And there is no rhyme or reason as to how they rate you as an employee - they look only at the tasks you complete and how quickly you do them.

They require you to keep track of your own time and when you submit it (only once a month) you see they have actually kept track of it on their end and dispute your submitted time. They do not pay you for up to 30 days until your timesheet matches their record of your work. During the time your work is being review, you cannot login to work so obviously you cannot work or get paid. You may wait up to 30 days to be able to work again.

I totally agree with others that they SUCK and are getting free work from people who are just trying to make a living. YUCK!!!!!

Last edited by northfield : 02-19-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Newbie Member

I have learned to be the pessimist with online offers. I'm sure I'll take a hit for this (and probably deserved), but some of these companies genuinely have "plants" who praise the company on sites like this. For instance, Google "acai berry scam". The first four sites sound like you are getting the straight skinny on acai berry. Nah, just another scam to draw you in: "Well, gollygee, it really DOES help you lose weight!". Heck, even the acai berry ad after each post on this site is a scam. What an irony!

Old 02-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Newbie Member

DS,

I wanted to let you know to go into chat and address the question because it seems to be fairly common with the newer raters. I don't want to discuss too much here for fear of violating the non disclosure act. Hopefully that helps some. Chin up...it will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds2010 View Post
I posted the following message above and felt that I needed to give an update on my experience as it might be helpful.

"I joined and was approved about a week ago. I've logged on several times day and night since then. There are NEVER any tasks to do. I sent them an email politely asking why this is and got no response. What's weird is that there are ads for help all over the Internet for them. Why post so many ads for help if you have nothing for new agents to do? Big waste of time."

OK, I finally did get work with them. I've been paid correctly and on time twice now, so I have no complaints about them paying. However, the work load is very spotty. Sometimes there is a lot of work and you can log on anytime day or night and find something to do. But often there is little or nothing to do. So far there has been much less work available then I expected. This makes it more of a supplemental job then one you can depend on full time.

Another issue I have is that the directions are often vague and confusing. The tasks don't really make sense until you actually start working on them. I personally think that whoever writes up the directions for the tasks does a poor job of explaining what they want. He/She often uses acronyms but does not explain what they stand for. You pretty much have to figure it out for yourself as you go.

The time allocations for each task are sometimes screwed up. Sometimes they give you plenty of time to complete a task and sometimes you have to rush. This is rare, but it does happen. On the positive side, they respond to your questions fairly quickly. I am looking for a full time job and will probably drop this eventually, but for now it is helping me with some of my expenses. Overall, the experience is not bad, and they seem to be a fairly good company to work for in that they do what they say they will do. They are definitely not a scam.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Newbie Member

I am definitely not a plant lol :) Just loving my job that's all. Did make me laugh though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznav View Post
I have learned to be the pessimist with online offers. I'm sure I'll take a hit for this (and probably deserved), but some of these companies genuinely have "plants" who praise the company on sites like this. For instance, Google "acai berry scam". The first four sites sound like you are getting the straight skinny on acai berry. Nah, just another scam to draw you in: "Well, gollygee, it really DOES help you lose weight!". Heck, even the acai berry ad after each post on this site is a scam. What an irony!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznav View Post
That was the worst analogy I have ever read in my entire life. So a independent contractor job is sorta like being told that juice will make you skinny? I think its just like any other independent contractor job. You do a good job, and you're fine. You do a bad job you might be in trouble. Or you've a victim on circumstance and your contract ends for no reason at all or a legal reason that just happens to affect you.
I worked with Workforce Logic and it happens all the time there too. And face to face, WFL has to be some of the most ignorant and unkind people I've ever met in a professional work environment.
At least Leapforce keeps it professional.