report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Bronze Member

Mr. Rebates

SaucyJack mentioned them in the Blastoff Networking thread. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?

http://www.mrrebates.com/

Old 11-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Banned

Re: Mr. Rebates

The WhoIs info shows the domain was registered on 26AUG2002.

Current BBB Report gives,
Quote:
Business Contact and Profile for Mr. Rebates
Name: Mr. Rebates
Phone: (877) 658-9108
Fax: (877) 658-9108
Address: 2774 E Main St
Ste #134
Saint Charles, IL 60174-2445

Original Business Start Date: February 2002
Principal: Mr. ***** Cassata, President
Customer Contact: Mr. ***** Cassata, President - (877) 658-9108 or *****cassata @mrrebates.com
Email Address: *****cassata @mrrebates.com
Entity: Corporation
Incorporated: July 1998, IL
Type of Business: Internet Shopping, Internet Marketing Services
BBB Accreditation: Mr. Rebates is a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names: Magna Web, Inc.

BBB Rating
Based on BBB files, Mr. Rebates has a BBB Rating of A

Customer Complaint History for Mr. Rebates
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 2 complaints about Mr. Rebates in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 2 complaints closed in 36 months, 1 was closed in the last year.
Service Issues
Resolved
1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.

Customer Service Issues
Resolved
1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.

BBB Accreditation
Mr. Rebates has been a BBB Accredited business since May 2008. This means it supports BBB's services to the public and meets our BBB Accreditation standards.

BBB Program Participation
Mr. Rebates participates in the BBBOnLine Program and has agreed to use special procedures including arbitration, if necessary, to resolve disputes.
Scam.com does not appear to like the name C-raig.
Also all e-mail addy edited, remove space.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks!

:cheers:

Old 05-15-2010, 12:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This rebate program IS (YES) a scam. I have used both Ebates and mr. rebates, and found that while mr. rebates DID process rebates properly for very small purchases of a few dollars (rebates of a few cents), on major purchases of several hundred dollars (which would have been several dollars, or even tens of dollars in rebates) the rebates were NEVER credited, and this included filing numerous "inquiries" for those purchases.

They have a "30-day waiting period" before you can file an "inquiry" and after 45 days you can no longer file an "inquiry" to find out where your rebate is, which I believe is just another way they avoid paying out. A short 15-day complaint window that starts a month AFTER purchase and then locks you out of filing any complaint (even a follow-up to a previous inquiry) after that.
And yet the rebates for pennies show up immediately...Highly suspicious.

On the other hand, I have used Ebates for several years and never had these issues. Any time a rebate did not post from them (which has been rare) they have taken care of it with the first email, and promptly, too. I have always received the checks for the rebate balance, and so far have earned over $150 from their program.
Still have never received a dime from mr. rebates despite spending over $2,000.00 in eligible purchases. I gave up, which apparently is what they were after. I'm filing a BBB report now.

In a nutshell:
Ebates--honest, pays as advertised
Mr. Rebates--scam, almost never pays as advertised, even after numerous complaints to "cust svc", multiple missing rebates never rec'd

Last edited by chrisnlis : 05-15-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Survey Master

I'd have to agree... never heard anything good about mrrebates. Steer clear.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Don't know about mr rebates but I've received my cash back rebate payment on time from ebates, pennyful.com and fat wallet. Never had any trouble with these three. cheers.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is the first forum I've ever joined, but I had to share with everyone... Mr rebates is Not a scam. I've gotten back over $60 in 4 months, and have $90 pending. They send real $ inform of a check and you have to wait 60-90 days for rebates to be sent, but all I do is online shopping, so worth it!!

Old 11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Silver Member

I have been using Mr. Rebates for about 3 years now. I currently have a check for $12.24 I am about to cash. Yes, it is a HASSLE to wait 30 days to trace a rebate. But they DO pay you.

When I have had to trace a rebate from Pro Flowers or Overstock that did not show, it was because I clicked on another link, or allowed their link to expire. If you try to combine offers, then you will not receive a credit. So far, in the 3 years, I have received about $180.00. Not a hell of a lot of money, but better than zero.

They are not scammers, just have policies that should be tweaked.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:17 AM
PatDmania

This works! I have a bunch of money saved up from all my ebay purchases. This is my account - http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=157721

Old 05-30-2011, 09:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

hey hey, I used mrrebates since the last time I posted here, and yes they did track my order and I am awaiting my check. I still prefer Pennyful.com and Fat wallet, but I don't think that mrrebates is a scam. Hope this helps!

Old 06-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

MrRebates isn't a scam I have used them for 2 years and referred over 3000 people to them and from my ebay cashback page (http://www.rcpcash.com/) Mrrebates is my favorite cashback site, but after 6-16-11 ebay cashback no longer works on mrrebates, but my site explains an alternative until it returns (currently it is looking like October) hope this information helps!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:00 PM
hso

Mrrebates.com is definitely NOT a scam. I've used them for about 2 years and have always received a cheque from them based on their request to clear the account at about $30.00 or so. They have contacted the company I clicked through to once, when I did not see that purchase on my account and then received the expected rebate. They are terrific. Never a problem.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I know this is a little late in response, but I ran across this when I was going to my Mr. Rebates tonight. And I just wanted to say that Mr. Rebates is not a scam in my opinion. I shop through the site all the time. And I've probably gotten about $300 in rebate checks mailed to me in the last 2 years or so. And I am not a huge shopper either. Mainly seasonal clothing etc. I have about $50 sitting in there ready for me to claim. Just building it up a bit. It can take a little while for some companies to rebate you back, so sometimes you have to be patient. And, you have to actually go into your account and ask for your rebate check when you want it. Never had an issue with them. Ever. Love Mr. Rebates!

Old 10-13-2011, 04:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This is one of the best sites for cash back on the Internet.

I am a frequent shopper on ebay and always got cash back on each and every purchase. Never missed any transaction so far in about 3 years of shopping.

Mrrebates is very reliable and has excellent customer service too.

Mr. Rebates

Old 02-24-2012, 03:38 PM
I am new at Scam.com

MrRebates definitely is NOT a scam. In fact they are the best cash back site in my opinion. I have used them for a few years now and they always reply to any question I have, unlike Fatwallet which makes it impossible to ask them a question. If you didn't get cash back its most likely due to the merchant not giving it, due to some items not qualifying for it. Some merchants for example don't allow cash back when you use coupons.

I'd be willing to bet anyone claiming they are a scam, most likely are their competition posting this bs here.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 AM
PatDmania

This is the best site for getting cash for your purchases. You just have to go to their site first!
Mr. Rebates