report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 02:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Mobile Plus Limited is a SCAM

I just got scammned the exact same way only they use seramicolimited and a diefferent name the guy used. but he says he is from UK and he acctually is calling my cell phone now wanting money.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

If the number the scammer is calling from starts with +44-70 then he really isn't in the United Kingdom. The +44-70 type phone number is a redirect cell phone service located in the UK, a favorite company for scammers who want to look like they are located there but are really on another continent.

Just block and ignore his calls, he is a crimminal and he sees you as someone he can convince to send him your money. When you stop answering, he will leave.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Cheap Cell Phone Scam

maybe not on this particular website, but wire scams cost billions of dollars a year to US citizens.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

iphone scam. makanicsiphones.com

He scams by "selling" iphones directly bought from the Apple company. He sells them for 300US and sells it in bulk.
They ask for money transfers.

this is an example of their e-mail:

The phone is still available,Unlocked,brand new,never opened,sealed in box,comes with 12 months international warranty and 3 months return policy after
purchase.We are located in California USA .The phone is only $300 including shipping and we deliver in 24 hours as soon as payment is confirmed and the phone has
its original receipt and still in its original box.We offer buy 3unit and get 1unit for free.

Below are the Contents:

1. Complete accessories (Well packed and sealed in original company box)
2. Unlocked / Sim free.
3. Brand new (original manufacturer) box - no copies
4. The phones have English language as default
5. All material (software, manual) - car chargers - home chargers - USB
data cables -holsters/belt clips - wireless headsets (blue tooth) - leather and non-leather
carrying cases - batteries.

The phone works well and it also works with all carrier such as Rogers,Telus,AT&T,Cingular
One,Wind,Fido,Bell,Vodaphone,T mobile,Sprint and lots more.It also works in the USA,CANADA,AUSTRALIA,GERMANY and across the continent.

Let me know if you have further question.

Sale Manager
Mobiles.co Limited
Yahoo Chat: prettybulls
Hotmail chat: makanics@live.com
Gmail Chat: makanics1@gmail.com
Phone number: (504) 267 2960

They first let you buy one.
so you think.
Then they say, sorry the rules changed
because shipping fee has gone up, they can only sell in group of 3 units.
I went with 3 because i was going to buy 3 anyway. (so i paid for 2 more units of iphones)

Then, they tell you they've mispackaged the product, saying the UPS got the shippment mixed up with another person's and mine. So they have sent 15 units instead of 3...

They ask for 300USD to send the product and say for this mistake, they will offer give us 1 unit for free.
So i get 3 +1 = 4 units ( this was their "special deal").. and a free 1 unit... and have to send 10 back..

they said, as soon as i sent give them the tracking number for 10units being sent back, they will refund me with the 300USD.

This is the address they ask for the money, they explain that they are closing a branch at Nigeria and need to send money over there so send money through WESTERN UNION.
This is the person and place they ask me to send to:

Name: Obi Lary
State: Ikeja
Question: for what
Answer: Customs

When you ask for the tracking number for shipment, they say that the customs has it, and UPS did not give them a tracking number.
(i knew something was wrong here!!!)

Next, if you get suspicious of this and
keep asking questions and don't give them the money? THEN, they say you need to pay Demorage fee to the customs. They say it's my fault that it took so long to send the shipment that the customs want $400USD for demorage fee( demorage fee is the free that customs ask for when they keep on hold on an item for a long time)

I called the UPS and the customs at US
(i'm in canada by the way)
and they said that the tracking number
is always given, the moment the package's shipping fee is paid for.
So, he is saying there is no tracking number for something that has gone been taken to the customs...
now that is a load of XXXX right?

Sigh. I got robbed of over $1000.

Make sure they don't use you.

Their way of scamming is by using
Western Union.

Oh... don't worry about them scamming again using WESTERN UNION. I've called them and made sure they can not send or receive any money. Well, for those two names...at least...
(They've messed with the wrong person :) )

So this is it.

if you think you're talking to this guy... just see if
he's going under a name called..
David.. Davie..Henry... or some white name.
Oh and also check if he's contacting you through either
makanics@live.com or
mobiles.co@live.com)

HOPE NO ONE GETS SCAMMED
ANYMORE!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:37 PM

Re: iphone scam. makanicsiphones.com

Thanks for posting up those emails from a phone scammer. Sorry to hear you lost money to a scammer. The red flags there are:
1) free email accounts, live and gmail
2) asking for payment via Western Union, moneygram
3) the "buy some get some free" story
4) asking for demurrage fees

Quote:
hey say it's my fault that it took so long to send the shipment that the customs want $400USD for demorage fee( demorage fee is the free that customs ask for when they keep on hold on an item for a long time)
Close but not quite correct, demorrage fees are charged by trucking companies or the railroad when the shipping container is not picked up in a timely manner. Customs does not charge this fee but scammers love to say they do. Scammers have latched onto that word as a way to extort more money from victims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demurrage

Quote:
Oh... don't worry about them scamming again using WESTERN UNION. I've called them and made sure they can not send or receive any money. Well, for those two names...at least...
As Western Union and moneygram won't verify anything on the form, name, address, country, having a name blacklisted probably won't mean much, unfortunately. The clerks will just hand off the cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. The scammer will just give the next victims a new fake name and continue to pick up the cash.

You don't mention how the first contact was initiated but I can guess, an email just landed in your inbox unsolicited. Be extremely careful of any more emails, you are on that scammer's sucker list. He will try again to rip you off, using a new email address and another fake name. In fact, he will sell your email address to his scamming buddies as a paying victim.

Just remember that no one anywhere will sell electronics, phones, jewelry, accessories, clothing or shoes cheaper than the official manufactures websites. Always post/ask on every scam-warner-fraud-watching site before taking a chance on a 'too good to be true' line from an anonymous source on the internet and losing money.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

ANOTHER SCAM
gee-electronicslimited

ENJOY OUR CPMPANY GOOD OFFER OF BUY ANY 2 UNIT AND GET 1 FOR FREE:

Bonanza – Buy 2 Get 1 Free.
Buy 5 Get 3 Free.

CONTACT EMAIL.: info@gee-electronicslimited.com.
CONTACT EMAIL: .sales@gee-electronicslimited.com.

( APPLE IPHONES):

Apple iphone 3Gs 64Gb------$450USD
Apple ipaq 3G 64Gb----------- $450-USD
APPLE IPAD 32GB---- --------$3500USD
APPLE IPAD 16GB--------------$300USD
Apple iPhone 8GB at---------- $250usd

Blackberry Porducts:

Blackberry 9000 Bold AT&T-----$400sd
BLACKBERRY CURVE 8320------$380USD
BLACKBERRY STORM 9500------$800USD
Blackberry Curve 8900------------$300USD
Blackberry Onyx 9700-------------$350USD.
Blackberry 9630 Tour--------------$750USD.
—————————————————————————-
(APPLE IPAD):

APPLE IPAD 32GB --------$3500USD
APPLE IPAD 16GB-----------$300USD
——————————————————————————–

CONTACT EMAIL.: info@gee-electronicslimited.com.
CONTACT EMAIL: .sales@gee-electronicslimited.com.

Bonanza – Buy 2 Get 1 Free.
Buy 5 Get 3 Free.

WARRANTY

We give 2 year warranty for every product sold out to our costumers, our products are company

class 1 tested and approved by Global standard organization of wireless industries.

RETURN POLICY

Your satisfaction is our Goal. Please inspect your order upon delivery. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return your merchandise within 90 days for a prompt and courteous exchange or refund, whichever you prefer. Please note: the item returned must be in its original

Old 08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Macbook Pro Scam

This is a long post. I assure you, one can learn alot about how scammers change names and emails but still CHEAT PEOPLE. Please read...

LOOK OUT FOR
Alfred Eduard
Arianna from Wolverhampton
Susan Thompson - Chef
(The Barnt Green Inn)

Laura Owens
(The Barnt Green Inn)

Here is a scam for a MACBOOK PRO for $500 on *****slist (Akron Cleveland OH) area. Of course this person is NOT from Cleveland (akron) Ohio. Watch out for this guy or gal. I am going to post this on as many Crime Watch Web sites as I can find. It is interesting how it is spelled out for me HOW I CAN FILL OUT THE WESTERN UNION FORM to get taken.

Little used Apple MacBook Pro for sale. - $500 (Cleveland)

Date: 2010-07-19, 11:04AM EDT
Reply to:
sale-4vpbx-1850950800@*****slist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I want to sell it within the next week because I need the cash.
We can set up a meeting if you are interested and have the funds. Specs include 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM DDR3 memory, 500GB Hard Drive, 5400rpm, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Graphics Card w/ 512MB, 1440x900 Max Resolution, built in iSight, Aiport Extreme (802.11 a/b/g/n), 2 USB ports, 1 MINI Display Port and 1 Firewire. Cash only deal. I am looking to get $500 for this laptop that is in great condition, under warranty until August 1st 2010.

· it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Over one year old 15" MacBook Pro for sale. - $500 (Cleveland)

Date: 2010-07-22, 1:12PM EDT
Reply to:
sale-mqamb-1857095372@*****slist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Used since May 2009. I took good care of it and the laptop comes in like new condition.
Specs include 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM DDR3 memory, 500GB Hard Drive, 5400rpm, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Graphics Card w/ 512MB, 1440x900 Max Resolution, built in iSight, Aiport Extreme (802.11 a/b/g/n), 2 USB ports, 1 MINI Display Port and 1 Firewire.
The asking price is $500.
I am selling only for cash and if you have more questions plese send them via email.
I will get back to you as soon as possible.

· it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

· PostingID: 1857095372

PostingID: 1850950800

Scam thief….

HI,
The final price is 500$
The item is new(I've open to see only what is in the box),and come with 1 year international warranty.After you receive it you have 5 days to test it.Now i am in London because i travel a lot with my work.This is the reason i will ship to you and i will pay all taxes.
If you are ready to buy it send me your full name,shipping address and phone number so i can arrange the shipping.
Thank you

Me…

I am ready to buy it! Please keep it for me. What is you name and contact info
in London? Great city.

My name is Aimee Abdeshno.

Scam thief…

Look we can do the deal in a safe way !
First of all I want to be sure that you have the money to buy my product and I want to ask you to deposit the money Via Western Union on any name in UK.
You can use your father name ,mother name etc.After the money will be send please send me the scaned paper fron Western Union
so i can ckeck the transfer status.After i will see that the money is them.I will send you the item.To do that I need you full name and address.
After you have the product in your hands just change the name of the with my name.
So i can pick up the money.
Thank you

Me…

Yes thanks
You still have not given me your name for the WU form.
Do you still have the computer?
Aimee

Scam thief…

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, My U wrote:

yes
My name and my address is :
Name:Alfred Eduard
Address: 30 Leicester Square
City: London
Zip: WC2H 7LA

Go and send the money and after you sent i ship you the macbook

let me know

Me…
Alfred

I want to finish the deal soon, as i need the laptop for school!!

Please explain the western union procedure again, so I can get you the money.

Please explain in steps, I don't understand it now. I can scan you a Western Union form, but what info is supposed to be on it?

Aimee

Scam thief…
Go at any Western Union office and deposit the sum of 500$ from your name (as the sender) to your wife name, or your brother name (as the receiver) but to and address from London.
Here is an example, on the receiver you will put like this:
Name: (your wife name or your brother name, or any name that you know and trust)
Address: 30 Leicester Square
City: London
Zip: WC2H 7LA
(Or any address from London)

After you sent send me the info:
MTCN:
Sender Name:
Sender Address:

If you send the deposit now i ship you the laptop an in max 48 hours you receive.
After you have the Macbook in your hands just change the name of the with my name.
So i can pick up the money.

Let me know

Scam thief..

yes after you sent the money i give you the tracking number.
go and send the money today and after you sent i ship you the macbook.

thx

Scam thief waiting….
you sent the deposit ?

Let me know if is ok for you because i have alot of customers.

Thank you

Me….
DO NOT LET THESE WORDS AND PHRASES FOOL YOU… he/she will show up again. I encourage all of you to post or report these type of CRIMINALS to public web sites, watch sites, and criminal authorities worldwide. Many people have lost valuable personal information and money.

Read on…

90 days ago by joshhh13
0 Votes

Yep, I just got hosed by this scam. Too bad I didn't Google BEFORE the package didn't show up on time...
The whole process seemed so legit, they send you emails and stuff that look very legitimate so be careful!

85 days ago by heatherbirdlady
0 Votes

No thanks, everyone has already been scammed, u idiot fiez. he's trying to sell fake chinese counterfeits, if u think anyone is going to buy into that scam, ur an idiot.

37 days ago by TimmyYoz
0 Votes

Almost got me too, thanks for posting all of these everyone. I think a wonderful email about her sending me something is in order...or giving them the run around.

Arianna Ellenberg
to me

show details Jun 28 (3 days ago)

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p full HDTV from *****slist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
I am selling the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p, full HDTV, 120 Mhz for $350 USD. I have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the TV.
The TVis still available and I hope you are still interested.This TV was ordered brand new 4 months ago.
About the TV I can say it is 4 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $350 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The TV still has warranty for the next 20 months. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
The TV is here with me in UK.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
I have used the TV mostly for the news and movies, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
One more thing, the TV is an US version and it works on the US ***** and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

***THEN I asked why, kinda unbelieving, then this.***

I'm selling it because I can't use it here. It only works in the US.
I found a way to sell you the TV that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the TV before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://tnt-solutions.com/tnt.express....transactions/

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

Thanks.

***(My current response)***

Arianna,

I actually have a really good friend who works for UPS and has a family member, Alex, in Wolverhampton! I just talked to him yesterday. He told me he would gladly inspect the TV and then pay for it on the spot if it is in working condition. That way we both win in the end! He will be there all month working.

What a great solution right! Sometimes, the luck just happens to be on your side.

Would you please send me an address so he can know where to find you. Or even a phone number if you would want to meet at another location.

I know that website said western union, but he will just have cash, should work out just fine. He could do euros/pounds/dollars, whatever you think is best.

Thanks again!

(I am betting on a lack of response.)

35 days ago by luckywales
0 Votes

Yep - I almost did this - Jeez - I just thought I'd research if this escrow idea was fraudulent...I was thinking "if a deal is too good to be true, etc": Here's my email from "Arianna"

"Hi,

I won't return home so soon. I'll have to send it to you from here.
I found a way to sell you the ipad that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the ipad before I receive my payment.
Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

http://tnt-solutions.com/tnt.express....transactions/

Thanks."

OMG - seriously! I almost did this.

29 days ago by Saved by the Bell
0 Votes

Arianna from Wolverhampton sure is one busy chick!! Her latest post>an IPAD through *****slist, Ft. Myers Fl. The reply email is the same as the others, no points for originality here; " Hi my name is Arianna, I'm now in Wolverhampton, UK, I've attached pictures of the IPAD, tried to be as thorough as possible, please let me know if you're still interested...blah blah blah..."

I replied stating my interest and suggesting the use of PAYPAL, a true, safe payment option, I offered to pay her half the money up front, and the remainder upon receipt of the item. (Paypal protects you, and you can use your protected credit card to pay). She then suggested the TNT website, and gave a link, which upon first inspection looked quite legit. HOWEVER...I was scammed buying a surround sound a few months back, only to find the exact "deal" all over the internet as a scam. So I decided to check out google for TNT/Scam, just to be on the safe side. SAVED BY THE BELL!!!

They don't have any of my money, or my credit info, although I suppose "she" does have my mailing address...dare her to come to my crib though...I'd love to meet her...HA!!

SCAM ARTISTS ARE EVIL!! Thank goodness the interenet can be used for good and evil ;-)

28 days ago by vorea26
0 Votes

HA im so glad i looked into tnt... im usually good at finding scams on *****slist... Arianna "blake" is now trying to sell an iphone 4 haha thanks everyone

27 days ago by nivs
0 Votes

I got a similar message and fell for it. Just in time to get out of it and get back my money!

here is the email message from the same Arianna and from Wolverhampton in UK!

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 64GB 3G iPad from *****slist
Arianna Foreman
Subject: the 64GB 3G iPad from *****slist $500
Date: July 1, 2010 4:49:44 AM MDT
To: ME

I am selling the ipad for $500 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
The ipad is still available and I hope you are still interested. The ipad was bought brand new from Apple a few weeks ago.
About the ipad I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few weeks. Included in the $500 price is everything that came with the ipad.
The ipad is here with me.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the ipad if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

I sent the money through Western Union as advised by "customer services TNT". I called TNT the next day because my payment was not being picked up and I wanted the ipad! TNT said that they DO NOT work with Western Union! They told that it was likely a scam. I called Western Union and found out that the money had not yet been picked up in UK (most likely because of it was a weekend!) and so I cancelled my transfer. Western Union gave me back all my money including their service fee of 43 USD.
Now I see all these posts on the internet talking about *****slist scam involving apple products and TNT services.
Thank heavens I got my money back...BEWARE of Arianna!

25 days ago by rjgunnjr317
0 Votes

WOW! this "Susan" was going to sell me a MacBook Pro for $400. I work extremely hard for my money, I'm so happy I saw this! Thank God.

23 days ago by theresafromdc
0 Votes

well, here is my conversation with Arianna:
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:14:25 -0400

Subject: Re: the 46 inch SONY LCD, full HDTV *****slist $350
To: ariannapaxton@hotmail.com

Hi Arianna,

Thank you for the reply, the pictures looks great and I'm very interested. Since the tv is in UK would it be have to be shipped? I hope you would agree to split the shipping somehow. Or are you coming to the US to visit soon and that's why you placed it on the DC *****slist? If we were to split the shipping how much do you think it'll be? Probably more than the TV huh. In that case maybe you should pad the box with something else I can sell, that way we don't waste the shipping, and then I can split the money with you for whatever profit I make. How does that sound? If that works out well maybe I can buy more TVs from you.

By the way your english is also quite good as it lacks the usual british slangs, I think you should move to DC it'll be very suitable for you, and it'll save us shipping fees.

Thanks,
Theresa
__________________________________________________ ___________

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Arianna Paxton wrote:
Hi Theresa,

I posted the ad there because I live there. But now I have been relocated here with my work. I am selling the TV in the US because it can be used only in the US. It can't be used here. I am not a seller, this is the only TV I have.
I found a way to sell you the TV that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the TV before I receive my payment.

http://global-tnt.com/tnt.express.wo....transactions/

Thanks.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Date: Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: the 46 inch SONY LCD, full HDTV *****slist $350
- Hide quoted text -
To: Arianna Paxton

Hi Arianna,

I am willing to purchase the TV. And since you are kindly offering to pay for shipping, I will reimburse half the shipping to you when I receive the TV to be fair. I think even with that price it's a good deal fr the TV. In fact, it's pretty darn good where I'm willing to compensate for the packaging and handling, so let me know what the total is for the box, the styrofoam peanuts, the bubble wraps, the transportation to postal office, and your time spend on it and I'll include that as well.

If you can please ship the TV first so I can inspect it myself. Then I will have the money transferred to your account. You can trust me because you will have my home address and our names rhyme.

Best,
Theresa

22 days ago by kjc15
0 Votes

I received this, now going by Susan the chef. Don't do it.

ello

I am glad to see you are still interested. The laptop is with me in the UK and if we decide to go ahead with the deal we will need to find a safe delivery and payment method.
I am looking to complete the deal within a week, so please let me know if you have the funds available at this time or if you will have the money within the week.
If you have the money I am ready to go ahead with the transaction right away.
Let me know
Cheers

Susan

Susan Thompson - Chef

The Barnt Green Inn Kendal End Road, Rednal, Birmingham, B45 8PZ

0121 445 4949

http://www.barntgreeninn.co.uk

16 days ago by ricky11194
0 Votes

This is the transaction that I have with the scammers:

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p full HDTV from *****slist

I am selling the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p, full HDTV, 120 Mhz for $350 USD. I have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the TV.
The TVis still available and I hope you are still interested.This TV was ordered brand new 4 months ago.
About the TV I can say it is 4 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $350 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The TV still has warranty for the next 20 months. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
The TV is here with me in UK.
I have used the TV mostly for the news and movies, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
One more thing, the TV is an US version and it works on the US ***** and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

why are you selling it? what is the cost to ship it?

Hi,

I'm selling it because I can't use it here. It only works in the US.
Well, I found a way to sell you the TV that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the TV before I receive my payment.

http://england-tnt.com/tnt.express.w....transactions/

Thanks.

This sounds like a great deal! I know there is no way this could be a scam. I mean, it isn't like i have access to google or anything to easily check the key words "scam, *****slist, tnt shipping". And because of that I will live in my fairy world were everyone is honest!

I will gladly buy the TV! Please let me know when you ship it. When it arrives, I will send you a payment for the TV without a problem. I will even sweeten the deal:

I will give you an extra 100 dollars if you make a video of you eating the beef out of my stool.

Don't worry, you are flagged as scam now :) Enjoy your evening!

10 days ago by sov
0 Votes

thank you guys so much for posting these complaints. I almost fell for it as well. this time she went under name of laura owens. This is the email i got from her below:

Hi, this is Laura and I am getting back to you regarding the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro from *****slist.

I am now in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
I am selling the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro, with 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 Gb memory, 500 Gb HD for $500 USD.
I hope you are still interested in buying it.
This Macbook Pro was ordered brand new directly from Apple on August 8th, 2009.
About the laptop I can say it is 11 Months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $500 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The laptop still has Applecare warranty until August 8th, 2010. The Applecare warranty is fully transferable to the new owner. You can also purchase 2 more years of Applecare warranty.
I tried to be a thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
I have used the laptop mostly for internet browsing and presentations, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
The laptop has the Leopard 10.6 OS, the iLife 09 and the MS Office 2008 with the original recovery disks included.
One more thing, the laptop is an US version and it works on the US ***** and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

I will send an email shortly with the complete specs and some photos so you can see the condition.

Get back to me and let me know if you like the laptop and you wish to buy it.

Thanks,
Laura Owens - Chef

0121 445 4949

7 days ago by Angela630
0 Votes

I got the same email where she went as "Laura Owens"!!! Thank you so much for posting this!

6 days ago by shizzyshae
0 Votes

Saved by my sister, gladly i called my sister she looked it up and said SCAM ! So right now Arianna McLean should be emailing be back soon, and she will here it from me . UGH !, It kills to see peopl falling for it . I just knew an iphone 4 32gb, for 350.000 was impossible glad i didnt even send her anything !

3 days ago by geowak
0 Votes

This lady is NOT from Hudson Ohio. She states she is from the UK and her name is Laura Owens (CHEF). She wants the buyer to use a shipping company called TNT. This is a complete SCAM. I have seen her name HERE as Susan.

This lady will NOT answer questions about Hudson, Ohio. I think she has a duplicate ad for Avon, Ohio. PLEASE do not fall for this SCAM JOB.

I find it VERY INTERESTING that TNT is in AFRICA?? Is that true? Maybe Laura is too.

Here is an ad that is recent (AUG 3, 2010)

Good condition 13" MacBook laptop - $400 (hudson)
Date: 2010-07-27, 7:59AM EDT
Reply to: sale-tukta-1865508272@*****slist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Cash deal only for laptop. Can meet and make the exchange anytime this week. Available for sale, 13" Aluminium Apple MacBook Pro. The laptop is in very good shape, no dents, no scratches. I am selling it because I've recently upgraded. The laptop was bought new in June and still has Applecare warranty until June 2010.

Specifications include

- 13.3" Glossy Widescreen LCD (1280x800 Resolution)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz Processor
- 256MB Graphics Memory
- 250 GB SATA (5400 RPM) Hard Drive
- 4096 MB DDR3 (PC3-8500) RAM Max: 8GB Memory
- 8x Slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Built-in Airport Extreme Card (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, FireWire 800, combined Optical Digital output/headphone out with selectable Analog Audio line in, Mini DisplayPort, RJ-45, MagSafe ***** Port
- Leopard OS 10.5.7 Installed and Fully Updated
- Microsoft Office 2008 Installed and Fully Updated
- iWork '09 Installed and Fully Updated
- iLife '09 Installed and Fully Updated
- Microsoft Office 2008
- ***** Adapter and Front Row Remote Included

The price is $400.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1865508272-0

PostingID: 1865508272

MORE FROM LAURA...

Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the laptop within 3-4 days.
I was looking for a safe way to complete this sale and I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the laptop in less than 3 days.
The solution is provided by the worldwide shipping company TNT.
They have a service which will provide us with a safe way to handle the payment and delivery of the laptop.
With this procedure you will have the chance to test the laptop before I receive my payment, and the TNT procedure will ensure my safety as well in receiving the payment. And since TNT will also take care of the delivery this will go very smooth and fast.
The procedure is explained on the TNT website. I saved the exact link so please click on the link below to the TNT website where the procedure is explained.

http://tnt.com.overnight-airmail.inf...x/details.html

Let me know

Laura

Laura Owens - Chef

0121 445 4949

The Barnt Green Inn

STILL MORE FROM LAURA...

Hello

I am glad to see you are still interested. The laptop is with me in the UK and if we decide to go ahead with the deal we will need to find a safe delivery and payment method.
I am looking to complete the deal within a week, so please let me know if you have the funds available at this time or if you will have the money within the week.
If you have the money I am ready to go ahead with the transaction right away.
Let me know
Cheers

Laura

Laura Owens - Chef

0121 445 4949

The Barnt Green Inn

MORE ON LAURA...

Hi, this is Laura again from Birmingham, UK, regarding the 13" Aluminium MacBook Pro.
I am not sure if the pics went through in earlier email that I sent you, so I am sending them again.
Please confirm if you have received the pictures and let me know if you like the laptop and you are interested in buying it.

Laura

Old 08-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Re: Macbook Pro Scam

Thanks for posting up information on those scammers, the fake names they are using and their email addresses. Those scammers are all trying to convince victims to send the scammer cash via Western Union and to send their electronics to the scammer overseas.

If you want to learn more about the hobby of wasting scammer's time legally and safely, google the word 'scambaiting'.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Macbook Pro Scam

Have you found these on *****slist?

Old 08-22-2010, 07:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

iPhone 4 scam UK

Scam artist: Mobert Luca / Brad Willis / Mobile Phones ltd

Keywords:

Internet fraud, internet scam, hoax, illegal trade, iphone 4, Brad Willis, tradesales@mailmeasap.com, WWW.TRADESALESLIMITED.MEDIA.OFFICELIVE.COM, TRADE SALES LIMITED, Registered No.05807785, +447024037915, +447024037997, +447024099952, davidbaldwins@hotmail.com, baldwinsdavid@yahoo.com, Bradwillis@gmx.com, www.mobile-phonesltd.shopping.officelive.com, Mobert Luca, MOBILE PHONES@ LTD, Registered No.06258940, http://deshilisting.com/?view=showad...=-1&reported=y, MSN: Mobile-phonesltd@hotmail.com

If you come across one or more of these keywords in conjunction with making a purchase, you are being the victim of internet fraud. DO NOT SEND MONEY TO THIS PERSON.

Possible set-up: You find an attractive offer on cheap mobile phones, such as an unlocked iPhone 4 for USD 450, or a Blackberry or other attractive phones. You will ask about ordering one or more and will receive convincing answers that delivery is smooth and fast once you transfer an amount of money. In my case, only Western Union Money Transfer was accepted. Not PayPal for example as they are trickier to fool. The Western Union recipient was:

Mobert Luca
25 NORTH STREET
OTTERY ST. MARY
DEVON, EX11 1DR
United Kingdom
And the “company” details were:
MOBILE PHONES@ LTD
Registered No.06258940
25 NORTH STREET
OTTERY ST. MARY
DEVON, EX11 1DR
United Kingdom.

Once payment has been done, you will either hear nothing back, or you will hear of some problem with the customs or taxes or similar. In my case he said that he mistakedly sent 6 iPhone 4 instead of only one, and therefore needed more money to complete the transaction. Very convincing reasons were given so it is easy to be fooled.

I am in the process of reporting this scam artist to several parties such as the Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.IC3.gov) and several scam reporting sites and blogs to stop this person to the best of my abilities, he will however almost certainly have aliases that are not listed in the above keywords list. So be careful!

Old 08-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Ebay - Mobile Phone Scam Nigeria

I am sorry to hear about your loss.I am a Nigerian who has just joined this forum to help victims get payback against my fellow brothers who have scammed them.I am one of many honest Nigerians who are tired of the bad image these guys are giving our beloved country.Our government is too busy looting our federal reserves to bother abother about curbing this scam epidemic.And please for the record not all Nigerians write with poor Grammer.The earlier you understand that the better.Do you know that you can get your money back from this individual? I know the weakness of these scammers and i can help you get your money back.It is good that you have the guy's email,it will be easy for you to contact him.If you want payback,just post a reply here and i will give you specific instructions on and you can get your money back and make this guy look stupid.

Last edited by HonestNigerian : 08-22-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Re: Ebay - Mobile Phone Scam Nigeria

Quote:
Do you know that you can get your money back from this individual? I know the weakness of these scammers and i can help you get your money back.It is good that you have the guy's email,it will be easy for you to contact him.If you want payback,just post a reply here and i will give you specific instructions on and you can get your money back and make this guy look stupid.
Why not just post up those instructions here? That way, you will be able to help everyone who reads this thread.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Re: iPhone 4 scam UK

Quote:
only Western Union Money Transfer was accepted
That is the biggest red flag of a fake site pretending to sell cheap electronics, payment options of Western Union and/or moneygram.

Quote:
+447024037915, +447024037997, +447024099952
Those phone numbers are a second red flag to look for in a fake website. Those are not phone numbers of a phone based in the United Kingdom. Those are numbers belonging to a UK redirect cell service, a service that will redirect a cell phone number to anywhere in the world and is a favorite service of scammer who want to appear to be UK based.

The free email addresses of hotmail and yahoo are a third red flag. Actually any free email server such as hotmail, yahoo, gmail, ymail, etc for a supposed company email address is a red flag. Legit companies use email addresses of "name @ company email server".

Old 09-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

hi.actually this thing happened to me.i lost 5000$ .but they contact me with other number.they said we got a mistake.and send 6pc of iphone.and after that i paid again.and now they say the goods are in custom nigeria.i think they are in malaysia,im gonna find them.if u have any details let me now.my id is bad_luck_86@yahoo.com

Old 09-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
now they say the goods are in custom nigeria
Sorry, your 'goods' are not anywhere. That scammer does not have anything to sell, he only sends emails, collects cash from Western Union and moneygram, sends more emails demanding more money for made-up reasons and then disappears.

Quote:
im gonna find them.if u have any details let me now
Finding your scammer is going to be extremely difficult as you do not have the scammer's real life name, real street address, or even what country he is located in. All you have is a fake name, paid for in cash disposable cell phone number and free, easy to close email address.

Have you googled your scammer's email address, phone number, name he is using, or lines in his emails? You might find that he is already posted online at a scam-busting site. You could also post all that information up here for potential suspicious victims to find.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

yes its true,i have nothing from the,all i have is fake.tey ude this website www.electronics113.com the eamil is l_razaq121@yahoo.com number is +447011121654 .he said they are in UK .

Old 09-20-2010, 06:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

***This is my experience about scammer from UK selling cheap Iphone 4G.

I'm from Malaysia come to Australia for business trip. During staying at Australia for almost 3 weeks, I've been searching to buy an Iphone 4G which can get cheaper from Iphone store in Perth City (Apple store sell AUD999 for 32GB - unlocked). So I decide to Google to find if any hand phone store can sell cheaper than Apple store. Then, finally I've been scam by this person - James Allen. I have been scam by one person from UK. He give me his name as James Allen. He use address 22, Plaza Computer, London. Selling a brand new Iphone 4G 32GB with only AUD400 and give an offer if buying 2 units will get another 1 for free. So i'm interested on that offer then I buy 2 units, 1 for me and 1 for my wife. Then I transfer to him AUD800 to him using Western Union (it's my mistake to transfer that - BEWARE- all scammers will only use Western Union to get money because it can not be traced). After I complete on transfer the money, this guy immediately said that my packaging already done for shipping. Another offer he give is free shipping delivery to door. On the day he want ship my packaging, suddenly he said that the weight of my packaging is not enough for shipment from UK to Australia. Minimum weight is 6 units Iphone. In order to fulfill that requirement, he just add another 3 plus another 1 free into my packaging so the total units is 7. When I said I don't want that Iphone and want he to return back all my money, he said cannot because already register and in a few minute the flight will take off. What the HELL of business he's doing.Very fast. So after that he keep pushing me to pay another AUD800 for 4 units Iphone he just added. On that time, I still believe on him then I just transfer to him another AUD400, half from the total price he asked. The next day, I got phone call from him telling that my packaging already arrived at Auckland Airport, New Zealand. He also give me tracking number for the courier services. Everything perfectly organized very systematic. The courier services company is TDSERVICES LIMITED and their website is www.tdserviceslimited.com

Everything look fine. When arrived at Auckland Airport, he call me said that my packaging ON HOLD by New Zealand custom. What the HELL. I'm staying at Australia but why the NEW ZEALAND Custom need to hold my packaging.He said that NZ Custom asked money for clearance. AUD1000. Damn it. When I scold him, suddenly he said that custom reduce it to AUD520. Bullshit. Then he keep pushing me to pay but I don't want then he suggest me to pay AUD200 only and the rest he will pay. Then I pay. The next day, when the custom release that packaging (I don't know is true or not), from courier tracking system it show that packaging already release and now waiting at the port of entrance Western Australia. Another tricked this bullshit guy. He request from me the International License Buyer for getting permission that packaging entering Australia. I feel really weird than I straightly contact Australian Custom to get clarification on that. Because that time is weekend,so I cannot get clarification from them. This bullshit scammer - James Allen keep pushing me asking for money for prepare that International License Buyer. He said he want AUD450 for preparing that for me. I don't want to pay. I just give him only AUD130. Then he stop asking me money.The next day, he said that license was ready and the packaging now entering Western Australia to reach me but he want me to pay another AUD150 for remaining balance of preparing that International Buyer License which are valid for 4 years. Bullshit James Allen. Because I'm worried I cannot receive that Iphone, so I just transfer another money. Then after I transfer the money, I got a phone call from private number saying that HE is a delivery man for that courier service want to send the packaging contain 7 units off Iphone around 10 minute. I'm really excited to get that Iphone but after half an hour waiting, I got a phone call from private number saying that the delivery man was involved in car accident and in unconscious condition at Royal Perth Hospital. Really great story from this bullshit scammer - very smooth syndicate. He said my packaging already take by Police and if I want that packaging, I need to pay that Police with AUD200. Wow...this scammer really great...he take involving all parties....Custom, Police and Hospital. What I'm so funny about this bullshit scammer, he said the Delivery Man in ROYAL PERTH HOSPITAL which are only 10 mins from my apartment and 30 mins from Perth Airport but my Iphone already taken by Police in Lancelin Police Station which are 2 hours driving from that ROYAL PERTH HOSPITAL.Very funny story. Until now I already lost almost AUD1800 and this bullshit keep asking money from me. I don't want to pay anymore and for me maybe I don't have a LUCK to use that Iphone 4G and I leave everything to GOD. Let's GOD give punishment to this BULLSHIT JAMES ALLEN in the HELL.

*** some advise from me to another people outside there, dont easy to trust anybody in this world especially for anything involving money because in real world THE TRUTH is OUT THERE. Be careful all of you with this JAMES ALLEN. He used this email: jallen222@live.com
jallen222@yahoo.com

If the scammer try involving with local authorities like Custom, Police or Immigration you should better call all them immediately to get clarification.

Don't fall on scammer trap promise you with the free Iphone 4G given.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 AM

Sorry to hear that you lost money to a scammer but happy that you found scam dot com to post your experience. Thanks for posting up that information on that scammer.
Quote:
So I decide to Google to find if any hand phone store can sell cheaper than Apple store.
Unfortunately, any website or person that says they can sell anything cheaper than the manufacture's website is lying to you and run by scammers.

Quote:
If the scammer try involving with local authorities like Custom, Police or Immigration you should better call all them immediately to get clarification.
Unfortunately, all those emails that were suppose to be from Customs, Police or Immigration were all from that one scammer, he was just using more of his fake names and free email addresses. Before calling, look up the phone numbers online to verify the number, if a scammer is impersonating officials, he will send one of his paid-for-in-cash cell phone numbers as the officer's number.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and any scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.