report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2009, 07:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Is Toluna a scam?

I somehow end up signing with this site though inbox dollars and they're offering $1-$3 per survey. I google them so people say they are some people say they're not. Have any of you guys had experience with them?

Old 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Is Toluna a scam?

Greenfield has taken over Toluna. Greenfield is very predatory (taking over other survey sites) and pays no money via their own website. I know. I took 178 surveys (screeners and full surveys) over a period of 2 years through Greenfield without ever receiving even a dollar.

And now that they've taken over Toluna, Toluna only offers 900 points per completed survey (.30 cents for 30-45 min of your time). So Toluna/Greenfield thinks your time is worth only .40-.60 cents an hour.

In fact, some Toluna surveys don't offer any reward: an entry into a sweepstake/lottery is not a reward. Further, Toluna is not crediting me for completed surveys in which I AM supposed to receive a reward.

I'm just trying to get my money from them and go. Survey members can only reform bad survey companies by staying away from them.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:48 AM

Incorrect Toluna is not a scam. Far from it. It used to be called your2cents.com. One of the better survey sites out there. I have cashed out before and you will have no problem getting paid. Trust me.
I am not sure where you got the info that Toluna is only offering 900 surveys when I have gotten 3000 surveys and up before.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Information is Power

Paid surveys are tricky in general. I make good money from paid survey sites every month. The same sites I use I have seen negative reviews about. Who's right? There are so many factors that come into play. Whether you are the demographic they are looking for. If you reply to the invite email fast enough. etc..

The major thing to remember is never pay money to do surveys. Then if you do it for a couple of months and you find it isn't worth your time all you lost was some time and gained some experience.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

YES TOLUNA IS A SCAM! I REDEEMED 60,000 POINTS IN 11- 2009 (BEFORE GREENFIELD+TOLUNA COMBINATION) AND THEY NEVER SEND ME A CHECK! I CAN'T UPDATE MY PROFILE, ADDRESS, SEE THE REST OF MY POINTS! AND THEY NEVER REPLY ON MY CONCERNS VIA EMAIL!!!I WILL FIGHT WITH THEM AT THE COURT!!!
PEOPLE! DONT REGISTER TO TOLUNA!!!! YOU WILL LOSE YOUR TIME AND HONOR!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Stay away from this site!!! After spending weeks, even months, building up your points for a cash reward, they say your points have"expired" and you points, and you have to start all over!!! This is the worst fraud, the worst scam!!! Tell everyone to stay away!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

As someone who has been doing surveys for over six years I have to agree with Zaney. Toluna is now part of greenfield. Greenfield has been around forever. While their screeners can be long and tedious and while they take a long time to pay, they are legit.

It's all about your personal demographics and how you want to spend your time. I personally quit taking greenfields surveys a long time ago but I know others love them and look forward to them. In the same respect there are companies who have surveys that I jump on and hate to miss out on while others hate those same companies.

You have to find the ones that work best for your demographics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaneypop View Post
Paid surveys are tricky in general. I make good money from paid survey sites every month. The same sites I use I have seen negative reviews about. Who's right? There are so many factors that come into play. Whether you are the demographic they are looking for. If you reply to the invite email fast enough. etc..

The major thing to remember is never pay money to do surveys. Then if you do it for a couple of months and you find it isn't worth your time all you lost was some time and gained some experience.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Inboxdollars.com and Sendearnings.com are both "at the middle" of trust. I 've been a member at this sites for 2 years and end my membership soon. Reasons: 1.surveys offer 50 cents( used to be 1 $),
2.paidmail 2 cents each(used to be 3 cents),
3. it takes 6-7 months to reach withdraw minimum (30 and 40$)
4. for regular members it takes additional 2-3 months to proceed the check, then( if you are still with them) you become a goldmember. second time check was received in 2 weeks. BUT! THEY CHARGE 3$ PER CHECK calling " a printing fee". So, instead 30$ you will get 27$ (inboxdollars) and 37$ instead 40 $ (for sendearnings).
Make your choice...
I dont like give my earnings away with stupid reason of "fee".

Old 03-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned

Toluna aka Greenfield merged earlier this year.

There surveys pay 900 points to 15,000 points. Focus groups pay anywhere from 20000 points to 40000.

Toluna isn't a scam most recently sent me a survey for 15,000 points that took 15 minutes, Yes I'm just surprised as you.

Try updating your profiles to get $5-$15 paid surveys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeks justice View Post
Greenfield has taken over Toluna. Greenfield is very predatory (taking over other survey sites) and pays no money via their own website. I know. I took 178 surveys (screeners and full surveys) over a period of 2 years through Greenfield without ever receiving even a dollar.

And now that they've taken over Toluna, Toluna only offers 900 points per completed survey (.30 cents for 30-45 min of your time). So Toluna/Greenfield thinks your time is worth only .40-.60 cents an hour.

In fact, some Toluna surveys don't offer any reward: an entry into a sweepstake/lottery is not a reward. Further, Toluna is not crediting me for completed surveys in which I AM supposed to receive a reward.

I'm just trying to get my money from them and go. Survey members can only reform bad survey companies by staying away from them.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

AND DID NEW TOLUNA PAID YOU ALREADY? THE QUESTION NOT ABOUT AMOUNT OF POINTS, BUT WITHDRAW. DID YOU REACH AND SUCCESSFULLY GOT MONEY WITH NEW TOLUNA? TELL US AND MAYBE I WILL TRUST THEM AGAIN.
AFUNGUY24 WROTE:There surveys pay 900 points to 15,000 points. Focus groups pay anywhere from 20000 points to 40000.

Toluna isn't a scam most recently sent me a survey for 15,000 points that took 15 minutes, Yes I'm just surprised as you.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned

I was a member of Your2Cents and therefore wound up as a member of Toluna when they folded everyone into Toluna. At that time, they paid me consistently and about as fast as any survey site (meaning incredibly slowly), though I wasn't the best fit for their demographics so didn't get a whole lot of surveys, but I reached payout once a month or so.

Suddenly something changed in their surveys last year and they'd no longer load on my computer. As soon as the page should have finished loading, it would close that window and all other windows I had open too. Never had that happen before, and my computer has high speed and is pretty well updated.

I wrote them, got a generic kind of reply that didn't help, wrote back, and never heard from them. Fortunately, I only had something like two or three dollars in points, so I just gave up and abandoned them, and only do surveys on a few other sites where I'm a better fit demographically.

So that's my Toluna story. Not a scam at that time, since they did pay, but it was the only survey site I've been a member of that I couldn't get all my built-up points/dollars out of before quitting, admittedly through some weirdness in my computer rather than their fault, since others seemed to be able to see the surveys without a problem.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

There are a lot of survey companies that offer more surveys and pay faster than greenfield/toluna. Like others have said, some people love them, others hate them. With all survey sites you really have to find the ones that work best for you.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Toluna used to be called Your2Cents and back then it seemed to be a decent company. I even received some checks for surveys I completed. But since they have become Toluna I would highly recommend that you not waste your time with them. I recently spent about 30 minutes completing a survey after which they concluded that I didn't fit there profile requirements and didn't credit my account. They also seem to be paying much less money for completing the surveys than before. They've also increased the amount of points you need before you can get a check to a ridiculous level.

If you just feel like filling out a survey then it's fine, but if you are in it for the money then there are far better ways for you to make money.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I finally got tired of being turned down for surveys constantly, i.e., quota met, don't meet criteria after spending several minutes answering questions, etc., and decided to check my rewards and get out. My password didn't work, sent email, received my user name and given a password which didn't work. Tried four more times and never received another response. Guess I will just block their emails from now on out.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm a little behind the times here but YES Toluna is definitely a scam.

I had accumulated well in excess of 100,000 points and decided to cash some in for a bank payment of 25Ä - not so easy - their system refuses to accept either of my bank details, nor do they respond to queries regarding this. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME COMPLETING SURVEYS FOR THEM.
Needless to say I don't waste my time with them now!!

Old 04-19-2011, 05:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Sorry for troubles with Toluna. But as I remember they never let cash out in currency other then dollars, they usually send a check to a real address. You got a decent amount of points, keep contact customer service via email AND via letter (certified mail ). Do not give up, they will conact you!

Old 04-27-2011, 03:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I would say it is a scam. Not a full-blown scam but a low-level nagging, unethical site. They only offer (in Australia) vouchers for bad-reputation sites, and they expire after a day or so, and (on the site I tried it with) you cannot buy 80% of the items offered with the voucher. Several other sites (some listed on THIS site) are good, reputable orgs who deliver on their promise, and actually respond to emails about problems. Now and then I try again, and if I am proven wrong, I will take the time to post the info here- I have been studying scams for over 30 years and I think this site is great.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 AM
knightmare3000

for me, in one year. never got to the point of having enough points for redemptions