report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Personal Assistant/ Bookkeeper

I saw a posting for a job on *****slist and thought I would be qualified. So I sent my resume to the email and this is what I received in reply:

Hello,

Johnson Matthey is a forward-thinking, global company - our products enhance the quality of life of people around the world and this is matched by a determination to achieve the highest standards of environmental, health and safety practices within our business.

It has always been recognised that our success depends upon the skills, qualities and well being of our people and this is underpinned by the way in which we recruit and develop our employees worldwide.

This position is responsible for all phases of accounting related to accounts payable and will have some responsibilities relating to the accounts receivable area.

Principal Accountabilities

• Matching invoices, receivers and purchase orders and performing follow-up on problems detected, including vendor calls
• Preparation of wire payments
• Preparing, sorting, and filing accounts payable vouchers
• Accurately process check run once a week
• Timely and accurate application of cash and wire receipts
• Maintenance of related schedules
• Research deductions, credits, charge-backs and unapplied cash
• Other duties as required (i.e. assist in AR/AP monthly closing & special projects)
• Employee will comply with all Johnson Matthey Hazardous Waste procedures and local, state and federal regulatory requirements

Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements

• High School degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in accounts payable and/or accounts receivables environment.
• Attention to detail, ability to handle high volume paperwork
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with customers, vendors and staff.
• Proficient in MS Office products (specifically Word & Excel)
• Prior experience with an integrated business system, preferably JDEdwards One World.

If you're interested in this, email me back and provide me with the following details.

First name ..................................
Last name ..................................
Full Address ................................
City .............................................
State ...........................................
Country .......................................
Zip Code .....................................
Phone number ...............................
Age .............................................
Date of birth ...............................
Nationality ..................................
Marital Status..............................

You'll be getting paid $800 for this part-time job and you'll be working from home.

As soon as you provide the information requested, you'll begin work immediately and all neccessary instructions will follow.

I'll be waiting to hear back from you so we can get you started as soon as possible anytime this week.

Bye for now and welcome aboard.

Mr. Jeffery Lundblad
Chief Human Resouces Director,
jeffdelivery@gmail.com
Johnson Matthey Plc
40-42 Hatton Garden
London EC1N 8EE
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 7269 8400
Fax: +44 20 7269 8433
www.matthey.com

The company is well known, but it sounds too good to be true. Any thoughts?

Old 10-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Personal Assistant/ Bookkeeper

It is form of money laundering. They have no relation to real company. Completely fake.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks, that's what I was thinking but the company's website seemed legit so I thought I would post on here to be sure.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member

Pay attention to their email more than their website. No real company would have gmail account for human resourses department.