report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Gold Member

One for Americanadian and Sojustask

An opportunity to both back my assertions...and to show you errors now being suggested by the VP and an OP inserted by Sojus mere days ago.

Quote:
After eight years of determined effort, the U.S. has destroyed most of al Qaeda's infrastructure and killed and captured dozens of its most formidable strategists and experienced fighters. What is left is a pathetic husk. As U.S. intelligence-gathering capabilities in al Qaeda's shrinking sanctuary have improved, CIA drone attacks and special forces raids have grown far more likely to hit their targets. And so al Qaeda's once fearsome elite is spending [b]almost all of its energy trying desperately to stay alive, which is to say that the terrorists are terrified
Yes, most of al-Qaeda's capabilities and leadership have been decimated. And Bush did become the terror crusader, it was they who began to fear him, he completely changed the landscape abroad especially in the ME. The terrorists are now the terrified.....aren't they?

Quote:
So while Vice President Joe Biden and anti-war liberals and conservatives believe we can simply take out al Qaeda without also fighting the Taliban, it's hard not to conclude that we need a stable Afghanistan if we really want to prevent the monster from reemerging. This is not the answer anyone really wants, least of all an American public that has grown weary of the casualties and the massive expenditures involved in fighting what often looks like an unwinnable war. But it's the only answer that doesn't rely on wishful thinking.
This isn't the answer anyone wants and it should be told to Biden and those that support his views, those are short sighted and don't take reality into account.

We cannot withdraw from Afghanistan unless...like Iraq...they can stand up against a relentless Taliban. Bush was exactly correct to negotiate and strengthen ties with India, overthrow al-Qaeda and realize the taliban are your real and long term issue there.

He was correct....another point and piece of my assertions, a good OP here to show Biden's blatherings are wrong....again.

Hold on, forgot my link, Christie...if i could read his posts...would be all over me...sorry...here's the link:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...=hp:mainpromo2

Old 10-18-2009, 04:47 PM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

Re: One for Americanadian and Sojustask

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbocide View Post
... You're kicking all their asses.
The point of this forum is not to kick people's asses... it's the free exchange of ideas in an open forum. We all might not agree all the time & some discussions get rather heated, but the point is to share ideas and learn. No single person or ideology has all the answers. If they think they do they're in for a serious let-down.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
The point of this forum is not to kick people's asses... it's the free exchange of ideas in an open forum. We all might not agree all the time & some discussions get rather heated, but the point is to share ideas and learn. No single person or ideology has all the answers. If they think they do they're in for a serious let-down.

Keeping that in mind.... He still has pretty much proven himself the victor in the threads he has responded too. Hard to argue with facts....

Wouldn't you say cupcake?

Old 10-18-2009, 05:34 PM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post
Keeping that in mind.... He still has pretty much proven himself the victor in the threads he has responded too. Hard to argue with facts....

Wouldn't you say cupcake?
That would depend upon one's point of view. You both seem to want to view this forum as a competition... to prove yourselves "right". All you're succeeding in doing is putting your point of view out for others to read and judge.

Of course in your view those who disagree with you are "wrong".

BTW... He's been pwned in this forum before... you just never realized it.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Challenge Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwywf View Post
An opportunity to both back my assertions...and to show you errors now being suggested by the VP and an OP inserted by Sojus mere days ago.

Yes, most of al-Qaeda's capabilities and leadership have been decimated. And Bush did become the terror crusader, it was they who began to fear him, he completely changed the landscape abroad especially in the ME. The terrorists are now the terrified.....aren't they?

This isn't the answer anyone wants and it should be told to Biden and those that support his views, those are short sighted and don't take reality into account.

We cannot withdraw from Afghanistan unless...like Iraq...they can stand up against a relentless Taliban. Bush was exactly correct to negotiate and strengthen ties with India, overthrow al-Qaeda and realize the taliban are your real and long term issue there.

He was correct....another point and piece of my assertions, a good OP here to show Biden's blatherings are wrong....again.

Hold on, forgot my link, Christie...if i could read his posts...would be all over me...sorry...here's the link:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...=hp:mainpromo2
Of course, this is utter and complete nonsense...as usual.

Somehow, these right-wing goof-balls managed to convince themselves that it's either feasible, possible or affordable to try and kill everyone on the planet who has a beef against the US/Israel and is wiling to act out on it.

This is the type of counter-productive mentality that is actually responsible for creating the phenomena that we refer to today as modern non-state terrorism.

But, what can we expect from very stupid violent people like Bush and those who subscribe to his brand of militant violence and uncompromising stupidity as a panacea for literally, well..... everything?

The Zio-Nazis embarked on this strategy to suppress the Second Intifada. The results of that strategy were a total disaster. But, of course, Bush The Dumber decided to adopt the paradigm proven to be a failure, only writ large.

Rather than trying to diffuse the powder keg by coming to grips with the core issues and trying to resolve them, right-wing imbeciles will always - always opt for exacerbating the conflict. Rely on them to start shooting at the powder keg. They never learn. That's why we've been repeating history for 50 years.

And, of course, they all have plenty of Orwellian Double Think to serve up to each other and GOP Kool-Aid to wash the bullshit down.

You see it right here among the poor morons. They pat each other on the back for reprising the same hallucinations over and over thinking they're exhibiting brilliance while anesthetizing and deluding themselves from the truth. LOL

The only good news is the Neo-Con loons here can't do any real harm like the incompetent lunatics who got us into the mess.

But make no mistake, they're all suffering from the same mental disease and it isn't improving.

Despite Drone Strikes, Western Terror Recruits Increasing in Pakistan, Afghanistan

German Taliban' Warns Germany Out of Afghanistan

by Jason Ditz, October 18, 2009

http://news.antiwar.com/2009/10/18/w...n-afghanistan/

The US military isn’t the only one having a banner year for recruitment, according to officials.

A growing number of disillusioned people from Western nations are flocking to Pakistan and Afghanistan to attend terror training camps, despite an increasing number of US drone strikes on those camps and dubious claims of the success of those strikes.

One recent video underscoring the trend was from a group calling itself the “German Taliban Mujahideen.” The video showed German speakers who had gone to Pakistan and were urging all Muslims to travel to the region to join their cause.

The video also urged German soldiers serving in Afghanistan to abandon the ongoing war, cautioning that they could either leave by choice or “return individually in coffins from the occupied territories.”

Recruitment seems to be growing across all major Western nations, though exactly why this is the case is unclear as the war continues to be a very dangerous business for all involved, whether on the NATO side or in the insurgency.

Last edited by dchristie : 10-18-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
That would depend upon one's point of view. You both seem to want to view this forum as a competition... to prove yourselves "right". All you're succeeding in doing is putting your point of view out for others to read and judge.
Paul...to be perfectly fair, we're not merely trying to prove anyone wrong or ourselves right. Again...speaking to reality...our points of view are attacked outright..and by many who don't even take the time to read what the argument is. We're told we're idiots, or morons, or pity is taken on us, or we're labeled racists, you cannot simply deny the immediate kneejerk disdain for Republicans on this forum, one MUST prove their point and show metal or that person is ridiculed, called a right wing neo something or other, whatever.

Name calling is the very first tact taken....Paul. The degradation of the forum member and not the substance of the postings are standard defense mechanisms. So, while you may have a point in that this fourm isn't for the purpose of proving anything, it certainly does help if you can prove your assertations and if it proves another wrong..hey....that might not be purposeful.

Now, this OP happened to be relevant to subjects JUST being discussed. And my conclusions...namely that:

"We cannot withdraw from Afghanistan unless...like Iraq...they can stand up against a relentless Taliban. Bush was exactly correct to negotiate and strengthen ties with India, overthrow al-Qaeda and realize the taliban are your real and long term issue there."

...is out there for discussion. And make no mistake, I am busy proving Biden wrong here. I am taking issue with the argument that most of al-Qaeda is in Pakistan and therefore that is where we need to be....cause that isn't correct.

The Pakistani Army is smart enough to know Afghanistan is where they want to be and thus are launching a campaign against the Taliban...not al-Qaeda primarily...and on or near the borders with Afghanistan.

Biden is wrong. And I don't care who else on the forum takes his position...and therefore is wrong as well. This OP makes excellent points, would you like to comment on those?

Last edited by cwywf : 10-19-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

"That would depend upon one's point of view. You both seem to want to view this forum as a competition... to prove yourselves "right"."

Don't fool yourself, it is. When there are disagreeing views, facts win the day. Unless the thread is about an opinion on something, fine. When the thread is about claims of factual happenings, there is always a right and wrong.

"All you're succeeding in doing is putting your point of view out for others to read and judge."

Not always true... Read above.

"BTW... He's been pwned in this forum before... you just never realized it."

Show me.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
Then there is no discussion.

You state your opinion and then close your mind to any reply.

Then you complain that no one wants to debate with you.

I won't exchange with you because there is no way you would listen, anyway. So what's the point?

You're an over-opinionated crank and a bore!

No... He is pleading with you people to debate him. Anytime he posts something, most of the responses are profanity laced rants and hold nothing of substance.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Then there is no discussion.

You state your opinion and then close your mind to any reply.

Then you complain that no one wants to debate with you.
Where am I complaining no one wants to debate? I've complained about the process within that debate, namely the profane language, I'm not complaining no one wants to argue. I can't blame you, I wouldn't want to face down indisputable fact either.

Quote:
I won't exchange with you because there is no way you would listen, anyway. So what's the point?
How do you know I won't listen? I'll respectfully read your posts and if you;ve been reading the exchanges with others such as Americanadian and Well Fine Then, you'll note I often acknowledge information they've provided and often agree with them. I honestly don't think you've ever come in with relevant and substantive info, more comment on the poster, what some would call ad hom attacks and just as I say this...looky here:

Quote:
You're an over-opinionated crank and a bore!
Thanks, you're a thrill a minute informed and educated and respectful forum member and I appreciate you.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Comment?
Yeah...two comments:

1)Biden is wrong...and
2)You know he's wrong.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Ah rest mah case your honour!.
Just say yer scared, Gazza. It's more the truth and you're not fooling anyone and STILL haven't put up any substance here, you're merely trolling. Again.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
No he isn't and no I don't!
He's not? How so?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
You're joking, right?
Yes, I'm joking.

Call it what you'd like, you're not coming in to take issue with my assertion that Biden is wrong here. You're trolling.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Crap!
Comment?
Sure....

"Paul...to be perfectly fair, we're not merely trying to prove anyone wrong or ourselves right."

This meaning, this is not all we are trying to do... There is more to it than that.

"Biden is wrong. And I don't care who else on the forum takes his position...and therefore is wrong as well."

He said it... Now tell him why he is wrong. Simple.

I don't get what your meaning is??

Old 10-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Do I have to say why?
No, I'm fully aware you don't know why and that you're merely disagreeing. I've been accusing you of trolling for some time now, that fact hasn't changed.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
No surprises there, Mr Shadow!

Perhaps your master can explain it to you!

Uh huh.... You have no idea to what you are talking about do you?

It's okay... We know.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Really?

In one post you say you don't know what my meaning is and in the next you do!

Consistency was never one of your good traits, eh?

It's clear you don't know the meaning of your own posts... You where trying to catch him in a contradiction but you failed to get the meaning of his post.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Now who's trolling?
I am.

Quote:
I didn't say I don't know why I disagree with you. I simply question whether I am required to explain myself.
You're not required at all.

Quote:
You'd better quit while you're behind, here, otherwise you're just going to prove my point!
Yes you are correct, sorry.