report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Newbie Member

$25,000 Birthday Cash...FREE! SAY WHAT???

Now i've seen alot of ads in many different money making mags, but this is a new one for me, and quite possible takes the cake!! Now this ad says all you have to do is mail out a form #951-3C birthday form and you will receive $25,000 cash for you and each of your family members. AND it says you can do this every year! I MEAN GIVE ME A BREAK!!! The name of the company is JNS and the address is 15942 Los Serranos C.C. Dr. Suite D-124, Chino Hills, CA 91709.

Has anyone ever heard of this one or know anything about this company? I searched online for about an hour and couldn't find anything at all! I saw the ad in Home Business Connection Magazine Oct.2009 issue. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: $25,000 Birthday Cash...FREE! SAY WHAT???

That's a "Postal Annex" and P.O. Box, in disguise.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

A quick check on google map for 1592 Los Serranos Country Club Drive, shows that address to be a small strip mall containing a Subway, Hong Kong Express, a dental office, something called Financial Solutions for life and ECD Media Enterprises. Nothing close to the JNS that is supposidly there.

That and the whole unbelievability of someone handing out $25,000 to everyone on his/her birthday makes this seem less than realistic.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 10-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Newbie Member

Whatever it is, you can bet that it is most certainly a scam! Thanks.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Report them to the Attorney General of California!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:04 AM
Newbie Member

I just found the same ad in the Small Business Opportunities Magazine yesterday on Jan. 16th that I bought. Did you ever do it or find anything else about it?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Newbie Member

I never did send for the "opportunity" but it sure is tempting just to find out if it really is garbage like I think it is!

I have not heard ANYTHING about this from anybody else. I did numerous searches on the web and came up empty every time.

If anyone else has heard anything or has tried it, please let us know.

WHAT THE HELL IS SPECIAL FORM #951-3C???

Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I saw this ad, too. The only thing I found in a search was information on form 951, it states:

"List of Subjects in 12 CFR Part 205
Consumer protection, Electronic fund transfers, Federal Reserve System, Reporting and recordkeeping requirements.For the reasons set forth in the preamble, the Board proposes to amend 12 CFR part 205 and the Official Staff Commentary, as follows:
PART 205—ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS (REGULATION E)
1. The authority citation for part 205 would continue to read as follows:
Authority:
15 U.S.C. 1693b.
2. Section 205.16 would be amended by republishing paragraph (b) and revising paragraph (c)(1) as follows:
§205.16Disclosures on automated teller machines.
* * * * *(b)
General.
An automated teller machine operator that imposes a fee on a consumer for initiating an electronic fund transfer or a balance inquiry shall—
(1) Provide notice that a fee will be imposed for providing electronic fund transfer services or a balance inquiry; and (2) Disclose the amount of the fee. (c)
Notice requirement.
An automated teller machine operator must comply with the following: (1)
On the machine.
the notice required by paragraph (b)(1) of this section

in a prominent and conspicuous location on or at the automated teller machine

a notice that: (i) A fee will be imposed for providing electronic fund transfer services or a balance inquiry; or (ii) A fee may be imposed for providing electronic fund transfer services or a balance inquiry, but this notice may be substituted only if there are circumstances under which a fee will not be imposed for such services; and (2)
Screen or paper notice.
Provide the notice required by paragraphs (b)(1) and (b)(2) of this section either by showing it on the screen of the automated teller machine or by providing it on paper, before the consumer is committed to paying a fee. 2. In Supplement I to part 205, under
Section 205.16—Disclosures at Automated Teller Machines,
under
16(b) General,
under Paragraph 16(b)(1), paragraph 1. would be revised. "

They probably send you a form asking for your bank account # and other info with a return address to them instead of the IRS, then empty your account.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Sorry, here's the link to the info above:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2840671/Pr...re-allocations