report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Silver Member

God didn't do it - it just explosed outta nuthin.

Ok, here's a place for you fanatics of evolution and so forth to post YOUR views ...

However, before you do ---- qualify it with HOW it started. You see, it's just not enough to say this became that. No, start it off with HOW it BEGAN in the first place.

So, in order to post, please defy logic and science.....

-me

Bookmark and Share

Old 10-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member

Re: God didn't do it - it just explosed outta nuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by malchediel View Post
Ok, here's a place for you fanatics of evolution and so forth to post YOUR views ...
You are obviously not IQ endowed to post such statements. Read few science books instead of regularly visiting Sunday school.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
You are obviously not IQ endowed to post such statements. Read few science books instead of regularly visiting Sunday school.
Boris...that was ad hominen. The question is valid and worthy of at least a philosophical debate. His IQ is irrelevent.

The question is...How did it start? Nothing about religion...nothing about God....or goddidit. How did it start?

What was the nothing? How did the nothing become something.

I've spent most of my life in the secular world, based on scientific beliefs, and I still don't have an adequate answer to this question. It is legit.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Platinum Member

He started with calling people "fanatics of evolution". I call it flaming. He has no intension for discussion, just for pumping his own ego.

Quote:
I've spent most of my life in the secular world, based on scientific beliefs, and I still don't have an adequate answer to this question.
Big Bang theory is the one that answers most scientific questions. So this is how far science understands right now. What was before Big Bang? Nobody really knows. We may have workable theory in 10 years or in 200. Multiverse theories come close to explaining a lot of stuff, but I do not think it has support of majority of scientists.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
He started with calling people "fanatics of evolution". I call it flaming. He has no intension for discussion, just for pumping his own ego.
Yes..that may be...but it doesn't take away from the legitimacy of the question. Regardless of the egos involved, I'd like to see some debate on this.

Quote:
Big Bang theory is the one that answers most scientific questions. So this is how far science understands right now. What was before Big Bang? Nobody really knows. We may have workable theory in 10 years or in 200. Multiverse theories come close to explaining a lot of stuff, but I do not think it has support of majority of scientists.
Right...but, even the most noteworthy scientists believe that the answers are elegant and simple. Most of the physical laws are based on simple equations. String theory, multiverse, and 16 dimensional theories are highly complex. Even then, there had to be nothing before the something.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Platinum Member

In linear way of thinking, physicals laws are simple and elegant. As you start to realize that time and space are interrelated linear ways just go out of the window. Also we thought that there is nothing under sub-atom level. Now that out of the window too. We know too little about micro and macro physics to create simple equations.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Silver Member

That is...IF time and space are interrelated. We really don't know that for sure. It helps us try to understand, but may be a flawed correlation.

Take a look at atomic theory. At one time, the configuration of the atom is described as a solar system design....where now, we are entertaining more of a cloud theory. But regardless of the cloud theory, we still used valence electrons to describe molecular cohesion and the transmission of electricity.

My point is, there may be nothing wrong with linear thought. Maybe non-linear thought is a distraction from the simplicity of it all.

If space was a creation of the big bang, and that it is pushing against the Cosmic Background Radiation in its ever-expanding nature, then why is space described as a vacuum, and not as a solid or gas? What gives it its surface tension to be like a bubble pushing against the CBR? Why does the CBR simply not fill our space?

These seem like linear questions begging for linear answers. Even Einstein and Hawking believe in the simple answer.

It is something that I look forward to.

Regardless of all that banter though...it still does not answer the question of What Was Before?

Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Platinum Member

I think you have a very distorted idea of what the cosmic background radiation is.

It's the temperature of the universe, what it has cooled down to since its' creation. Not something beng pushed or pulled.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:04 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
I think you have a very distorted idea of what the cosmic background radiation is.

It's the temperature of the universe, what it has cooled down to since its' creation. Not something beng pushed or pulled.
Respectfully....You don't really know that. No one does.

I admit that I do not understand it, and I will not pretend that I do. I will wait patiently for an answer, but it doesn't stop me from trying to get my little brain around a simplistic answer.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparques View Post
Respectfully....You don't really know that. No one does.

I admit that I do not understand it, and I will not pretend that I do. I will wait patiently for an answer, but it doesn't stop me from trying to get my little brain around a simplistic answer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_...ound_radiation

Try actually reading what the definition of it is. If it is a man-made concept, I most certainly have the possibility of knowing what it is.

I apologize if I'm coming across as a bit testy, but it is approaching my bedtime currently.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:

annnnnnnnnnyway....

Tell us. Did the cosmos explode out of nothing? Did nothing create something?

And if there was a something that created something, what was that something and where did it come from? What created that something which then created our something?

Logic and science tell us that nothing creates nothing.

-me

Old 10-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malchediel View Post
annnnnnnnnnyway....

Tell us. Did the cosmos explode out of nothing? Did nothing create something?

And if there was a something that created something, what was that something and where did it come from? What created that something which then created our something?

Logic and science tell us that nothing creates nothing.

-me

I'm not answering that.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Bronze Member

Who created God? Or did he just explosed outta nuth?

Old 10-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
Who created God? Or did he just explosed outta nuth?
I would like to advise everyone not to answer this question or any like it. There are plenty of circular arguments going on in this forum regarding God Vs Science.

The question is.....What Was Before?

Sorry Mal....I felt compelled to interject.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Platinum Member

Attached Images

Old 10-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr poormouth View Post
I have come to believe in "Intelligenter Design". Any form of design you believe in, mine is intelligenter, so I win.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr poormouth View Post
I suppose I could post a pic of an ape asking "where did I came from" but it wouldn't mean much, considering we could just as well use your high school photo.

But while we are on the subject, please enlighten us to how we all got here?

Do you hold to the illogical and scientifically false idea that we "poofed" into being?

You know.. the 'ol .... "something from nothing" idea which has no scientific basis (since science says you can't get something from nothing) and defies logic ... ?

-me

Old 10-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I'm not answering that.
Oh that's ok... I didn't think or expect that you could answer it.

-me