report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Silver Member

Pat Robertson CBN 700 Club Scam

Here's a link showing "Rev." Robertson flashing the "Hail Satan" sign with one hand while praying, and it also claims Robertson is a 33rd degree Mason: http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/chan...contentid=2995 The CBN Network got started in 1966, same year "Rosemary's Baby" came out. Turn the 9 upside down and you get 666.

Then we know that "Rev." Robertson is a very rich man. Worth at least $140 million, according to some estimates. See http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/7027/business.html
He lives in a mansion on the top of a mountain in Virginia with it's own private airstrip. He own the "Ice Capades." So how did "Rev." Robertson get so rich when he has been a "minister of the gospel" most of his adult life?

One reason is he built up his network with contributions from Christians and then recently sold that network for tens of millions of dollars, which he put in his own pocket. And did he sell the network to a Christian? No, but to none other than Australian Jewish neocon billionaire Rupert Murdoch, the same "Married...With Children" and "The Simpsons" Rupert Murdoch. So now Robertson's network only has a couple hours a day of "Christian" programming, mostly his own mostly Republican politics show, and an hour a day of "Sabrina The Teenage Witch."

Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Silver Member

Re: Pat Robertson CBN 700 Club Scam

I think you would find yourself with more credibility if you did not rely on 4 year old conspiracy theories to support your claims. His hand gesture is easily seen as an innocent gesture, just as easily as the so-called hidden satanic crap.

Trust me, I have no love for the guy and I think that all these super wealthy ministers are hypocrites of biblical proportions. But their scam is not about hidden devil worship....it is about their preying on people who are struggling day to day.....stealing their last dime.....meanwhile the ministry's jets get faster, their estates become more vast, and their investments grow and grow. All tax-free of course.

(I hold Billy Graham innocent though....He has always been above board with his finances)

Old 09-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparques View Post
I think you would find yourself with more credibility if you did not rely on 4 year old conspiracy theories to support your claims. His hand gesture is easily seen as an innocent gesture, just as easily as the so-called hidden satanic crap.

Trust me, I have no love for the guy and I think that all these super wealthy ministers are hypocrites of biblical proportions. But their scam is not about hidden devil worship....it is about their preying on people who are struggling day to day.....stealing their last dime.....meanwhile the ministry's jets get faster, their estates become more vast, and their investments grow and grow. All tax-free of course.

(I hold Billy Graham innocent though....He has always been above board with his finances)
Maybe his money is openly accounted for, but it's still built on a scam.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doojie View Post
Maybe his money is openly accounted for, but it's still built on a scam.
Right...I agree. But here's how I look at it. It's a "buyer beware" sort of thing. People are gullible about a lot of things. They buy crap impulsively all the time. Most marketers rely on impulse buying. But, at least they are accountable in some way that the public can monitor them. (although most people are too damn lazy to monitor anything!)

Anyway...the scunge out there who collect a combined $4B a year, from people interested in buying their salvation, don't have to report their revenues.

It wasn't until 03 or 05 that the Senate held some hearings regarding some public disclosure so I guess there's some changes coming.

I see that Joyce Meyers is now moving some revenue from her book and DVD sales over to compensate for the money she can't skim from the direct contributions anymore.

This is a good time to light up The Church of Doojie methinks

Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbovee View Post
Here's a link showing "Rev." Robertson flashing the "Hail Satan" sign with one hand while praying, and it also claims Robertson is a 33rd degree Mason: http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/chan...contentid=2995 The CBN Network got started in 1966, same year "Rosemary's Baby" came out. Turn the 9 upside down and you get 666.

Then we know that "Rev." Robertson is a very rich man. Worth at least $140 million, according to some estimates. See http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/7027/business.html
He lives in a mansion on the top of a mountain in Virginia with it's own private airstrip. He own the "Ice Capades." So how did "Rev." Robertson get so rich when he has been a "minister of the gospel" most of his adult life?

One reason is he built up his network with contributions from Christians and then recently sold that network for tens of millions of dollars, which he put in his own pocket. And did he sell the network to a Christian? No, but to none other than Australian Jewish neocon billionaire Rupert Murdoch, the same "Married...With Children" and "The Simpsons" Rupert Murdoch. So now Robertson's network only has a couple hours a day of "Christian" programming, mostly his own mostly Republican politics show, and an hour a day of "Sabrina The Teenage Witch."
There are quite a few "prosperity preachers" who think that God prospers them because of their closeness to Him. The only problem is that they talk about all the hungry people around the world, but give very little of what they have to help the poor. When they die, they can't take their money with them. I have never seen a hearse pulling a Uhaul trailer. Godly prosperity is the idea of laying up treasures in heaven, which can be done by how much you give to others, such as giving to the poor.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
There are quite a few "prosperity preachers" who think that God prospers them because of their closeness to Him. The only problem is that they talk about all the hungry people around the world, but give very little of what they have to help the poor. When they die, they can't take their money with them. I have never seen a hearse pulling a Uhaul trailer. Godly prosperity is the idea of laying up treasures in heaven, which can be done by how much you give to others, such as giving to the poor.
I mostly agree with you Terry...except one thing..."There are quite a few "prosperity preachers" who think that God prospers them because of their closeness to Him."

I don't think that they really think that God prospers them Terry....I think that's just what they tell their congregation, so the congregation thinks that they will be blessed big time as well, just like the preacher.

I think these preachers know exactly what they're doing. And they don't give a shit what happens later.

They know the whole bible....but only preach part of it.

They manipulate their finances to maximize their wealth...while convincing people on the verge of homelessness to give their last $5.

They choreograph their revivals to maximize their revenue....
Keep in mind that successful marketing choreography requires a lot of work by people dedicated to crowd manipulation.

The followers will say, "They deserve to be paid well....because of all the good they do"

I don't think the followers realize just how much money we're talking about here.

Let's take Joyce Meyers again...She pulls in $100 Million a year in contributions...and brags about all the good stuff she does.
But....when you total it up...she keeps $7 Million a year....Over and above the fact that the ministry pays all her bills...pays for her estate...her childrens estates, her children's salaries, her husband's salary, her salary, cars, planes, food, and the pool boy.

Have you seen her estate?
Name:  JoyceMeyerEstate.jpg
Views: 6623
Size:  88.2 KB

Her house in on the right....the kids live across the street.

Jesus would be turning over in his grave if someone didn't move that rock.

No....I really don't think that they think that God prospers them. I think they live very well....and don't give a shit what God thinks.
After all....The plan is workin' pretty good so far.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparques View Post
I mostly agree with you Terry...except one thing..."There are quite a few "prosperity preachers" who think that God prospers them because of their closeness to Him."

I don't think that they really think that God prospers them Terry....I think that's just what they tell their congregation, so the congregation thinks that they will be blessed big time as well, just like the preacher.

I think these preachers know exactly what they're doing. And they don't give a shit what happens later.

They know the whole bible....but only preach part of it.

They manipulate their finances to maximize their wealth...while convincing people on the verge of homelessness to give their last $5.

They choreograph their revivals to maximize their revenue....
Keep in mind that successful marketing choreography requires a lot of work by people dedicated to crowd manipulation.

The followers will say, "They deserve to be paid well....because of all the good they do"

I don't think the followers realize just how much money we're talking about here.

Let's take Joyce Meyers again...She pulls in $100 Million a year in contributions...and brags about all the good stuff she does.
But....when you total it up...she keeps $7 Million a year....Over and above the fact that the ministry pays all her bills...pays for her estate...her childrens estates, her children's salaries, her husband's salary, her salary, cars, planes, food, and the pool boy.

Have you seen her estate?
Attachment 8734

Her house in on the right....the kids live across the street.

Jesus would be turning over in his grave if someone didn't move that rock.

No....I really don't think that they think that God prospers them. I think they live very well....and don't give a shit what God thinks.
After all....The plan is workin' pretty good so far.
What really get me is when preachers say that if you give them money, then they will pray for you. I wonder if they even do that? There is really no way of telling. What if hundreds of people a day give money, then how can they pray for them individually? Sometimes they say that they have prayer teams that will pray for you. Why not give your money to a Christian friend in need and ask them to pray for you?

Old 09-29-2009, 02:08 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
What really get me is when preachers say that if you give them money, then they will pray for you. I wonder if they even do that? There is really no way of telling. What if hundreds of people a day give money, then how can they pray for them individually? Sometimes they say that they have prayer teams that will pray for you. Why not give your money to a Christian friend in need and ask them to pray for you?
I don't recall any passages that say you should pay someone to pray for you. Not a megachurch pastor or a Prayer Team...or a friend in need.

As far as your friend in need....I think that it might be better if you helped your friend in whatever way you felt compelled, and then prayed for him yourself.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Newbie Member

I think Pat Robertson is the anti-christ myself. He's even got those little pointy devil ears!

Old 10-18-2009, 11:03 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I called the 1-800 number prayer line at Pat Robertson's CBN to ask for prayer. I called back a second time and when I did, some lady who answered started to actually YELL at me for "keeping calling" and to quit calling the 1-800 number for prayer as it costs them money. She told me to dial the regular number and pay for the call myself. I was in shock. This is a true story. When I asked how she knew it was me, she said they have called ID and keep a record of what numbers call for prayer and how often. I kid you not. I got yelled at the second time I called for prayer. I will never, ever forget it. The lady sounded black for what it is worth.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

OK. I've been stewing on this for years, and I finally decided I needed to let other people know... A few years ago, I was watching the 700 Club and they were showing a segment on "Operation Blessing", and I decided I wanted to help. I called the number provided and was told they had enough voulenteers (actually, they said "too many"), but would accept a donation. I told them I was poor, but really wanted to help, but they, flatly, turned me down (what REAL Christian organization has "enough" or "too many" volunteers????). So I joined the 700 Club instead and tithed faithfully. A couple of years later, I hit bottom. I called the prayer hotline and asked for prayer. Instead, I was given about 25 Bible quotes and was told "I'm sorry, but we cannot honor your request at this time". What???? What?????!!!!!!!! You don't have time to pray for me???? Because I am too poor???? Because I have a real problem???? Are your "volunteers", then, actors? Is your "Operation Blessing" program a sham? And why does Pat Robertson know everything, anyway...????!!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 06:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Remember that these prosperity preachers are playing on your pain and suffering to make themselves rich. Don't fall for it. The millions they rake in is the equivalent of winning the lottery, and some of them are earning close to a million dollars yearly, and some more. A good place to go to check out a ministry is www.ministrywatch.com. Remember, prosperity even for Americans has not been around until 1950. Except for a select few, life has always been a hand to mouth existence, and the people were better off for it.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by songstress View Post
OK. I've been stewing on this for years, and I finally decided I needed to let other people know... A few years ago, I was watching the 700 Club and they were showing a segment on "Operation Blessing", and I decided I wanted to help. I called the number provided and was told they had enough voulenteers (actually, they said "too many"), but would accept a donation. I told them I was poor, but really wanted to help, but they, flatly, turned me down (what REAL Christian organization has "enough" or "too many" volunteers????). So I joined the 700 Club instead and tithed faithfully. A couple of years later, I hit bottom. I called the prayer hotline and asked for prayer. Instead, I was given about 25 Bible quotes and was told "I'm sorry, but we cannot honor your request at this time". What???? What?????!!!!!!!! You don't have time to pray for me???? Because I am too poor???? Because I have a real problem???? Are your "volunteers", then, actors? Is your "Operation Blessing" program a sham? And why does Pat Robertson know everything, anyway...????!!!!

I really do not believe this story, I know that they are money hoarding and probably scammers. However, I have called them more than once for prayer and was never turned down. They never even asked if I was a member. Please people stick to facts and stop making up stories.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The story I posted was true. I do not make up stories and I, honestly, did try to become a member of Operation Blessing; and I did post a request to the prayer line and was refused. I also called in for prayer, and, although the person who talked to me did pray with me, I felt no warmth or personal interest. Now, that could have been my fault, as I was very distressed at the time, but as I have pulled myself together and found a wonderful church and have begun studying the Bible once again, I have found a peace I've never known before, and my eyes have been opened to all kinds of attitudes (mine and others) that keep people from responding positively to one another. I apologize for posting my "unbelievable" story (although every word of it was true) and I promise not to post any more as, being a senior citizen, I have been through a lot that no one would believe.
May the good Lord bless and keep you.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:03 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote:
The story I posted was true. I do not make up stories and I, honestly, did try to become a member of Operation Blessing; and I did post a request to the prayer line and was refused. I also called in for prayer, and, although the person who talked to me did pray with me, I felt no warmth or personal interest. Now, that could have been my fault, as I was very distressed at the time, but as I have pulled myself together and found a wonderful church and have begun studying the Bible once again,
I'm sorry to hear that you've hit another new low. One day you'll learn to think for yourself.

I can only hope that one day you will really open your eyes and see the all churches for the scams they really are.
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Oh, you poor, disillusioned person. You must be very, very unhappy. I am so sorry.
I have not hit a new low - I have hit a new high. I have always thought for myself. As a matter of fact, I grew up a rebel: extremely skeptical of all supposedly true reading material as well as of authority of any kind. I read constantly, any thing I can get my hands on, and do not blindly accept all that I hear, read or am told.
I won't answer any more of these posts. They insult my intelligence. My original post was written at a time when I was still struggling with my circumstances in life (we all have those moments, you know), but I have risen above them with all kinds of assistance - both physical as well as spiritual - and, I assure you, I came to my conclusions (although I am not yet finished) without the assistance of any other but my own mind.
Bless you. Continue to study - you might "get it", eventually.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote:
Oh, you poor, disillusioned person. You must be very, very unhappy. I am so sorry.
I have not hit a new low - I have hit a new high. I have always thought for myself. As a matter of fact, I grew up a rebel: extremely skeptical of all supposedly true reading material as well as of authority of any kind. I read constantly, any thing I can get my hands on, and do not blindly accept all that I hear, read or am told.
I won't answer any more of these posts. They insult my intelligence. My original post was written at a time when I was still struggling with my circumstances in life (we all have those moments, you know), but I have risen above them with all kinds of assistance - both physical as well as spiritual - and, I assure you, I came to my conclusions (although I am not yet finished) without the assistance of any other but my own mind.
Bless you. Continue to study - you might "get it", eventually.
I'm sorry that your intelligence is so insultingly low, and I'm sorry that your "highs" are still far lower than my lowest lows.

I get it completely. Perhaps one day you will learn the meaning behind your words and actually think for yourself instead of conforming to your local authority.
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you've hit another new low. One day you'll learn to think for yourself.

I can only hope that one day you will really open your eyes and see the all churches for the scams they really are.
the Greedy scamsters Like Pat Robertson, Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyers, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen, Ken copeland, the Oral Roberts church, Mike Murdock...etc et

are NOT, NOT, NOT Born again Christians but are greedy FaLse Prophets who are yes out to fleece the flock..

They are the "word-Faith prosperity pimps who are on Tbn and Daystar....

I am a Christian and I hate the fact these hucksters that give ALL true Christians a bad name..

A real CHristian does not worship the Almighty Dollar, but is generous and compassionate to the poor and needy..

for the Unbelievers here JESUS is NOTHING like them..
JESUS CHRIST will most certainly judge them harshly on their Judgement Day when they stand before HIm in TERROR, shaking and trembling.....