report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Gold Member

Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie
I'm not an expert on Boresha, but it indeed does look from the outside and legal and ethical company. Please prove otherwise.
Nah,

I'd rather sit back and watch you flailing about trying to rationalize, justify or explain:

the "thermogenic" properties of Boresha

the "high glycemic index" properties of Boresha

that "thermogenics" exists outside of theory

how Boreshas' "BSkinny" is "fat burning"

how Boresha "buffers" the caffeine in its' products

Old 01-24-2010, 06:29 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
I'd rather sit back and watch you flailing about trying to rationalize, justify or explain
Very neatly expressed summary, there, of "the life of this forum" over the last year or so, for all of us, I think.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
Nah,

I'd rather sit back and watch you flailing about trying to rationalize, justify or explain:

the "thermogenic" properties of Boresha

the "high glycemic index" properties of Boresha

that "thermogenics" exists outside of theory

how Boreshas' "BSkinny" is "fat burning"

how Boresha "buffers" the caffeine in its' products
Nah... I'd rather sit back and watch you ''prove'' that Boresha is a scam.
You're the one with all the interest in them, not me.
Keep flailing.

Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member

Len - You seem to be under the impression that I'm posting as a mod first, a member secondary. Incorrect. I post as a member. These are my opinions, have nothing to do with me being a mod unless answering a question about the site. Since becoming a mod in the past year, my style of writing hasn't changed. I will always be a member first and only give gentle nudges to get something back on topic. I prefer not to be a blog Hitler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWave View Post
Tom, I know you're not really a moron. In fact, one of my alleged "lap dogs" that you have spoken to on the phone was actually somewhat supportive of you and claims you're actually a smart guy. This is why I don't buy this "I'm a moron" tactic that you so often employ when I make a point you can't respond to.
No, I'm not a moron. I've never said I was. I said I wasn't a card carrying Mensa member. It was a sarcastic remark. I haven't taken you on with arguments I know nothing about, for example, compensation plans. Should you assume that I think I know everything, you would be incorrect. I'm still learning and learn new stuff every day, especially about the MLM model. I do however have common sense. I know a bad product when I see one and one that is simply a gimmick. Do your remember Fizzies? When I was a kid, they were really popular. It was similar to an Alka Seltzer tablet which was flavored. They tasted like cherry flavored horse piss but the novelty was what sold them. Thus the gimmick of Yoli. I was going to order the Yoli "free samples" and give it a taste test....until I got to the shipping and handling. $7.00? I'm out. For $6, I can buy two 12 packs of Light Hawaiian Punch or six 2 liter bottles that contains 100% of the RDA of Vitamin C per can. And the HP contains 5% real fruit juice, Yoli does not. My decision was a wise one.

So...my opinion is that Yoli is a gimmick and a bad product that will fail. You'll move on to the next market (and mark).

Quote:
I don't believe for a second that you actually think my comment "your pet trolls here can use some of the ugliest, outright vile language within literally hundreds of personal attacks... and you don't say a word" was in reference to only Owninator's last post. I said "trolls" - plural. I said "hundreds of personal attacks". And yes, I said "ugliest, outright vile language" that did not apply to that single post by Owninator. I don't get how acting like a moron is serving you. Wouldn't it have been smarter to just do what everyone else does here when I make a point they can't rebut and just ignore it? Or, God forbid, actually respond to it?
How convenient of you to have left out part of my quote. Here it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
You might want to read the rules again. No where does it say anything about insults not being allowed unless they're purely slash and dash posts. Obscene language is allowed. If you're referring to the rules posted when a new member signs up, those are antiquated just like the statement made way back when the owner of scam.com said he will be charging for membership.
The site has changed dramatically in the two years since I've been a member. Obscene words like "bullshit" used to be replaced by an emoticon. Those days are gone. The rules you quoted are basically gone. Just venture over to the politcal forum for a taste of vile and disgusting language and behavior. And that does not fly over here. Have you seen a movie or watched TV lately? This site is an adult site. Please go here and read the information on a PG-13 movie: http://www.mpaa.org/FlmRat_Ratings.asp. If you're offended, then you have an option rather than continual whining about it. Personally, I'm not seeing any "outright vile language" which you're referring to. In other words, get over it or you can retreat to mlm.com which edits out that type of language along with a lot of general comments. Are we clear on this rule or are you going to drag it out like you did the links to your own website? (I see you finally mastered it and are now posting those links without any of them being removed, correct?)

Quote:
Again, what does your response even remotely have to do with my comment? How does not quoting them, or them obviously being a member of this board, make them not your "pet trolls"? I called them that because you do defend and support not only anything anti-MLM they say, but even indulge in their crude, snotty little remarks - which you conveniently provided a perfect example of in response to Brian's childish "gas" comment. You call my post "smarmy", then follow it right up with a post like this???

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=8...postcount=1966

Again, the question was, how do you not see the hypocrisy and double standard here?

Naw, that's not a "smarmy" response
It's always pleasant to notice a total lack of humor as referenced in that link. Childish? Possibly, but a little humor never hurt anyone.

I'm supporting everything "anti-MLM?" Are you kidding me? You obviously don't read all of my posts. Far from it. Are there reputable MLMs? Of course there are. Are most sleazy and downright crap? Yes. You know that as well as I. So here is a challenge for you. Go on the ACN thread, Vitamark (please Chris, I'm begging you to stay out of this one), any of the USANA, or just pick a company that isn't a travel MLM, even search this Yoli thread. Do a "search this thread" and type in my name as the poster and in the subject line type in "scam." See what comes up. Or just for a very easy reference, here is a post I did a couple of days ago on that very subject:
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
Yes, I know. We've been though all of this before. As a matter of fact, many times. All of Swanson's own products are all natural and they've been around for many years longer than XXXXXXX (removed for obvious reasons). Just because you can get the products for free by selling overpriced stuff doesn't mean it's ethical. And in my opinion, if someone is stupid enough to pay 39 times more for garlic, then they deserve to be screwed. It's simple. In other words, you profit from their stupidity. Nothing wrong with that.
Furthermore, l've said this many times so I'll repeat it just for you. If you're in a reputable MLM, I don't have a problem with that. I have purchased from MLMs. I would rather have you trying to work it and making money rather than be on welfare.

Quote:
And I didn't "mentor" who you oddly call my "puppet boy" (he really was complementary of you, almost to the point of sounding like you guys had become friends). You don't "mentor" someone for a fee. He hired me, as many MLMers have done, to do an analysis of the company they are in, those they are considering, and their overall marketing approach.
From all observations, that didn't work. And "was complimentary" are keywords.

Quote:
And not only is he not a "true troll" he doesn't even remotely fit the definition. You do know what an "internet troll" is, don't you Tom? I've posted the definition several times now. Here it is again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Here is a different and arguably better definition:

http://www.flayme.com/troll/#What
I beg to differ and to prove my point, I will sent you some of the posts in a PM. It does not deserve to be dragged out on here. And it won't be either.

Quote:
I see. Read the forum rules, but not those rules. And you wonder why there's confusion about the rules.

Your rules clearly state:

"...you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

"...moderators of scams will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum..."
SEE ABOVE unless of course you want to continue to whine about this site. I know you tried that over at mlm.com and it didn't exactly work out to your benefit, now did it? Or better yet, contact the owner and ask him to rewrite the rules that are posted when you join.

Quote:
"You better do more than troll the forums and offer nothing more than insults and hijacking threads. Keep it to a minimum and you might get it off. But if any Moderator starts seeing a trend developing that you are making this behavior a habit, you will be warned and banned."

Quote:
So, exactly how long do posters here like littleroundman, fastmoney, nearly got sucked in, put it out there baby, and Doc Bunkum, have to do exactly what the rules specifically forbid before you decide its a "trend"? Several hundred posts over several months isn't a trend to you? Seriously, what is your definition of a "trend"?
How about rather than me answering that since you're never satisfied with what I have to say on the subject, here is your answer direct from a supermod:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
If all the person does, thread after thread is post one line slash-n-dash and doesn't contribute anything else to any topics, it's considered slash-n-dash.

However, I've seen both people in question offer comments that were more substantial to many of the topics. Ergo, they aren't strictly slash-n-dash posters.
I agree who makes this list is subjective. That's why Erneston, Owninator, Live&Learn, and RickyB, although all quite deserving, weren't included on the above list because I wanted to only list the one's where their was no reasonable way anyone could contest their status as blatant trolls who are unquestionably posting "hateful insults" and are "hijacking threads". Most also post "obscene" and "vulgar" comments, and Doc has posted more than one obvious threat. Hell, even soapboxmom should make this list! Almost all of her posts are nothing more than insults and personal attacks. She ads nothing of substance to any discussion here, and is one of the smarmiest poster on this board. And not only is she not banned, she's a moderator!
Read above, then get back with me. We all have opinions, we all express them just as you have every right to do and are allowed to do so freely. I notice that you just used a swear word in the above paragraph. Off with your head! And do you classify calling someone a "douche nozzle" as a vile and obscene name? If so, forgive me for I have sinned (and will continue to do so).

Quote:
Yes, and that's why scam.com is a forum where it is impossible to have a dignified, professional discussions or debate. Your editorial policy is why this board is an inglorious mess!
See here: http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=867597&postcount=189
http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=867592&postcount=187
http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=866886&postcount=1921 and this is just in the last two days. Do you want me to ban everyone? Case in point, how many times did your scam.com thread over at mlm.com go off topic? It's very difficult to enforce.

Quote:
This should be fun. Please point to where I "defended to the hilt" either Zenza or Epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyC View Post
I am defending Zenza to the hilt. Great company, great product, great plan.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyC View Post
I am defending Epic to the hilt. Great company, great plan, great product.*
Quote:
You asked how many attended the convention. There is nothing that occurred on the 22nd that would have allowed me to glean such information. Registration began, the Yoli store opened, and there was a "Diamonds Only" party that night. I'd post to a link to prove this - except you just did it for me!

And once again a head count was difficult because every seat was filled, there were many people standing in the back and several more outside. Attendance was obviously higher than what they expected. I'd estimate conservatively about 1,000 people.

And again, thanks for asking. I wouldn't gave gloated about how successful the convention was if you hadn't asked.

Len
You're quite welcome. You know I'm always here to support and promote your business. It's become my mission in life. And sorry Len, but if you think I'm ever going to believe you would pass up any opportunity to gloat, you do think I'm a moron.

*Of course Len did not say this (that I can find). When stumped, do as most MLMers and make it up. I just did and it's disgraceful, right?

Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Tom, .....Again, the question was, how do you not see the hypocrisy and double standard here?....

I see. Read the forum rules, but not those rules. And you wonder why there's confusion about the rules.

Your rules clearly state:

"...you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

"...moderators of scams will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum..."

"You better do more than troll the forums and offer nothing more than insults and hijacking threads. Keep it to a minimum and you might get it off. But if any Moderator starts seeing a trend developing that you are making this behavior a habit, you will be warned and banned."

So, exactly how long do posters here like littleroundman, fastmoney, nearly got sucked in, put it out there baby, and Doc Bunkum, have to do exactly what the rules specifically forbid before you decide its a "trend"? Several hundred posts over several months isn't a trend to you? Seriously, what is your definition of a "trend"?

I agree who makes this list is subjective. That's why Erneston, Owninator, Live&Learn, and RickyB, although all quite deserving, weren't included on the above list because I wanted to only list the one's where their was no reasonable way anyone could contest their status as blatant trolls who are unquestionably posting "hateful insults" and are "hijacking threads". Most also post "obscene" and "vulgar" comments, and Doc has posted more than one obvious threat. Hell, even soapboxmom should make this list! Almost all of her posts are nothing more than insults and personal attacks. She ads nothing of substance to any discussion here, and is one of the smarmiest poster on this board. And not only is she not banned, she's a moderator!

Yes, and that's why scam.com is a forum where it is impossible to have a dignified, professional discussions or debate. Your editorial policy is why this board is an inglorious mess!

Len
Len,

Convention must be going great judging from this meltdown. Isn't there a bar in the hotel where you could get yourself a frozen margarita and cool off, lad???

If you think the MLM Forum is offensive and crude then you need to go visit the Political Forum. Insults and foul language are allowed. We are not the language police. If it is sexually oriented or excessive it will be dealt with as the Moderator available sees fit. The rules are open to interpretation and the Mods use their best judgment in applying them.

If we were very strict with the membership agreement rules, we would have almost no posters left and your lap dog Kerry would have been long gone. His telling everyone here to f#$% off was certainly something you should be whining about, isn't it???

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. My posts are almost all substance with just a few barbs thrown in for good measure. You are really unhappy because there are a number of anti-MLMers on the board and you can't shut them up or get their posts removed as you can on your other haunts.

You also have a very bad habit of making claims you can't back up. You claimed "legal vindications" for USANA. Vindications with an s is plural, lad. We learned that Minkow won all counts but one in Summary Judgment and was awarded his costs of court. The only charge that remained was the stock manipulation one. USANA did not show the judge a shred of evidence that refuted any of Minkow's claims. Minkow settled out on the stock manipulation charge only. That is not a legal vindication for USANA in any way.

The next case you posted, after I pressured you constantly to do so, was not a vindication either from what I read. It boiled down to a suit about USANA stock that did not meet the heightened filing requirements. The judge called the claims conceivable, but said some were forward looking statements and thus protected. Other claims were not considered ones that an investor would rely on. That case ended and the plaintiff was not ordered to pay costs of court for USANA and nothing in there refuted the claims made by the plaintiff. Those claims did not meet the standards for a case based on stock issues.

You have bailed and USANA's stock is going down the crapper. Now, we are watching you and your flunkies push one of the silliest products ever dreamed up. You said there would be thousands of pages for www.goyoli.com, but as of today there are only 235. It will be fun to see how long you hang with this bum deal.

Soapboxmom

Last edited by Soapboxmom : 01-24-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Cranky Old Fart

Watching the Barrett-Jackson auction last night and see they sold the Blastolene Indy Special for $250K.

Most people figured it would probably go for a lot more - I figured closer to $1M.

But I guess the economy's even hitting the collector car market.

For a quarter mil, a successful network marketer like you, Lenny, should have scooped it up.

Should be nothing for your budget.

Slap some Yoli stickers on the side and you'd have a great attention getter.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:51 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Does anyone want to talk any more about Yoli? Or is this now the "get yer digs in on Len ******" thread?

Hey Len, any idea when Yoli will come out with their next tasty product?

Just curious.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
Does anyone want to talk any more about Yoli? Or is this now the "get yer digs in on Len ******" thread?

Just curious.
All it has ever been is an anti-Len thread.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post

Just curious.
Oh look! The little lap dog yipped!! What a surpise!

Old 01-24-2010, 02:18 PM
noted...

Quote:

And once again a head count was difficult because every seat was filled, there were many people standing in the back and several more outside. Attendance was obviously higher than what they expected. I'd estimate conservatively about 1,000 people.

And again, thanks for asking. I wouldn't gave gloated about how successful the convention was if you hadn't asked.

Len
Just note: In the first 3 pages of this thread Len said Yoli had done over 2 million in pre launch sales.. Then he switched that to 1.7 million in pre launch sales.. But of course the company stated they did 1 million..

So with Lenny's great math skills (non-hype) we have to assume there were less than 500.. Take that half were spouses.. They gave away a few 100 tickets free to the locals.. 50 or so founders.. what have you got.. Less than 200 or so true mlmers were there..

Isn't it great how they take the pictures of the convention at the best angles.. Seems to me 350 people can be made to look like 1000... But if you really look.. There is about 350..

http://img390.yfrog.com/i/8dbfa.jpg/

Old 01-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

that pic looks like 450 MAXIMUM, but closer to 4... the angle is tricky so i cant see the width/depth upfront.

my nightclub on a sat night pulls about 1000 people. i KNOW what 1000 people look like and it is NOT that pic.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by put it out there baby View Post
Oh look! The little lap dog yipped!! What a surpise!

What's going on here?!

Does this post have ANYTHING to do with Yoli?

I don't think so....isn't this what's referred to as a "slash & dash, off topic" post?

Just wanted to make sure, since there seems to be an awful lot of concern about these "slash & dash", & "off topic"issues here now.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 01-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmoney View Post
Isn't it great how they take the pictures of the convention at the best angles.. Seems to me 350 people can be made to look like 1000... But if you really look.. There is about 350..

http://img390.yfrog.com/i/8dbfa.jpg/

Sunday diamond training with well over 1000 people! Do you think yoli is going places?

I'll take fm's estimate of ~ 350.

As to the second question above, yes.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

ohein, are you in yoli?

Old 01-24-2010, 02:38 PM

I would say its impossible to tell. There may be another group to the left of the camera, and behind it.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
All it has ever been is an anti-Len thread.
Strange that he didn't start it off, and that that never happened until he appeared in it - a bit like some of the threads at mlm.com, from what I've seen. Some people have a way of making everything about themselves, regardless of the damage they do to their own reputation and that of their company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owninator View Post
ohein, are you in yoli?
I know he's sometimes stupid, Own, but even Kerry isn't that stupid.

I'd say there might possibly be as many as 350 people there, bit hard to tell. If they claim it was 1,000, it was probably about 350 anyway, don't you think?

Old 01-24-2010, 03:25 PM
noted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
I would say its impossible to tell. There may be another group to the left of the camera, and behind it.

You are right Chris, 650 people are hiding behind and to the left of the picture...

They must be camera shy!

Note: Corey "one of the real founders" Citron took the picture.. Do you really think he would leave 650 people out of the pic.. Me thinks not!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned

well, if ohein is not in yoli... why? its such a great oppurtunity, right? if i felt as strongly about a sca...er "company" as he does, surely i would want to be a rep, right?

Closed Thread