report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1909  
Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 AM
jebaroo's Avatar
jebaroo jebaroo is offline
Why are we here?
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,792
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
Oh dear...... someone else who cant read properly...... a little bit of research always helps.

A little clue for you...... look up the meaning of arbitrage....
I have seen arbitrage trading before where computer software searches many different oddsmakers and finds discrepencies in the odds therefore allowing you to bet on each side of the the event through two different casinos.

In that instance, you cannot lose as you have placed a bet on both sides of the wager. What you 'win' is the difference between the odds of the two different oddsmakers.

It all looks good in theory but the payouts are so small, it seems you would have to be $1,000 to win $50 (or less )

You would also have to have accounts in many, many casinos to be able find all of the available arbitrage bets.

Is that anywhere near what you are talking about?
__________________
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
What am I hiding? My true identity and I've been quite successful at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
I'm not hiding my identity.



  #1910  
Old 01-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Owninator Owninator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,129
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaroo View Post
I have seen arbitrage trading before where computer software searches many different oddsmakers and finds discrepencies in the odds therefore allowing you to bet on each side of the the event through two different casinos.

In that instance, you cannot lose as you have placed a bet on both sides of the wager. What you 'win' is the difference between the odds of the two different oddsmakers.

It all looks good in theory but the payouts are so small, it seems you would have to be $1,000 to win $50 (or less )

You would also have to have accounts in many, many casinos to be able find all of the available arbitrage bets.

Is that anywhere near what you are talking about?
sounds like gambling to me...the site blatantly calls itself a gambling/casino site, albeit with quite a wide selection of betting...everything from horses to poker to even arcade-games-for-cash..but then again...this is the yoli thread..and i dont want to drag chris down in the mud hes probably already in.


  #1911  
Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 AM
ChrisDoyle's Avatar
ChrisDoyle ChrisDoyle is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,735
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaroo View Post
I have seen arbitrage trading before where computer software searches many different oddsmakers and finds discrepencies in the odds therefore allowing you to bet on each side of the the event through two different casinos.

In that instance, you cannot lose as you have placed a bet on both sides of the wager. What you 'win' is the difference between the odds of the two different oddsmakers.

It all looks good in theory but the payouts are so small, it seems you would have to be $1,000 to win $50 (or less )

You would also have to have accounts in many, many casinos to be able find all of the available arbitrage bets.

Is that anywhere near what you are talking about?
In theory yes jeb.....but when I'm trading I'm making lots of bets like that literally one after another with a few seconds gap. For example, take a horse race (it can be done on any sport, or any medium where odds are constantly changing). For 5 to 10 minutes before each race I am constantly backing and laying the prices of a horse (which is why I use a company called Betfair because they allow you to do this) with large amounts as you say, maybe 1000 in each bet. Because of the tiny odds movement, each bet may only make $5 or $10, but I'll be doing it multiple times. Just before the race I click on a button on the software I use and it ''evens it up'', showing a profit next to every horse in the race. From then I've no interest in the race, because whoever wins makes me a profit, hence the difference to gambling.
In any afternoon in the UK there are say 20 horse races, and I usually aim to make $20 to $50 profit in each race. So, for 3 to 4 hours ''work'' on my pc, I usually average anywhere from $400 to £1000 profit.
Horse racing is just one medium, but I also do similar on soccer, boxing, snooker, rugby and anything else where there is a good market (liquidity)

To help me, I use specialist software that can show me the way the money is going on any event, and help me know when the odds are shortening or lengthening. Obviously the name of the game is back something at high odds and lay it off at shorter odds...... the difference is my profit.
__________________
The musings of joecool44:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.


  #1912  
Old 01-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Live&Learn Live&Learn is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
And the title of this thread is: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?


What a wild ride this thread is on.



  #1913  
Old 01-22-2010, 10:21 AM
No_Moron_Here's Avatar
No_Moron_Here No_Moron_Here is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,459
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

I'm going to tell you all one more time and then I'm going to enforce the rules regarding hijacking threads. The subject is: "Has anyone else here tried Yoli?" Please stay on topic.
__________________
As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.


  #1914  
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 PM
RickyB RickyB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
I'm going to tell you all one more time and then I'm going to enforce the rules regarding hijacking threads. The subject is: "Has anyone else here tried Yoli?" Please stay on topic.
NOPE

why would I spend $2.50 - $3.99 for a Very OVERPRICED HYPED UP product that has VIRTUALLY almost NO nutritional Value?

I might as well just take a Flintstones vitamin

Nope not me!

RickyB


  #1915  
Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Bruceinvt's Avatar
Bruceinvt Bruceinvt is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 259
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

I haven't tried it either and have no intention of doing so. I think these MLM drinks are a waste of money.


  #1916  
Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Erneston Erneston is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 979
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
NOPE

why would I spend $2.50 - $3.99 for a Very OVERPRICED HYPED UP product that has VIRTUALLY almost NO nutritional Value?
I'm with RickyB. I suspect that if Yoli survives at all it can only be on "autoship volume". And with the new FTC crackdown that will perhaps quite quickly give them a problem over the 70% rule anyway.

It's obviously not a product that retail customers will regularly buy at that price, is it?

And if there's no retail demand at all for the product, the only way to survive long-term is by deception and dishonesty like Vitascam. So my guess is that one way or another, Yoli's days are numbered, though I don't put their timescale anything like as short as some posters here have done, I admit.


  #1917  
Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Doc Bunkum's Avatar
Doc Bunkum Doc Bunkum is offline
Cranky Old Fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bumfuck, Iowa
Posts: 2,217
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
NOPE

why would I spend $2.50 - $3.99 for a Very OVERPRICED HYPED UP product that has VIRTUALLY almost NO nutritional Value?

I might as well just take a Flintstones vitamin

RickyB
People still don't get it.

You're not buying the powder - you're buying the Blast Cap.

You know the old advertising adage - "Sell the sizzle, not the steak".


  #1918  
Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 PM
ChrisDoyle's Avatar
ChrisDoyle ChrisDoyle is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,735
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Rofl @ Ernie.... A change of subject to "Vitascam" AGAIN!!
__________________
The musings of joecool44:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.


  #1919  
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Erneston Erneston is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 979
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Yes, agreed. It's clearly just a gimmick, and there seems to be some question as to its "protection", as well? I think Yoli doesn't actually own the patent for it at all, and it's available elsewhere at much lower prices - is that right?


  #1920  
Old 01-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Doc Bunkum's Avatar
Doc Bunkum Doc Bunkum is offline
Cranky Old Fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bumfuck, Iowa
Posts: 2,217
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
Here's what Daren Falter had to say about Activate in the Yoli backoffice:

Quote:
Posted by Yoli Founder, Daren Falter:

Hi guys and gals. Yes, Activate. Weíve been following them for a year now. Clever marketing, nice branding. We found, however, itís mostly just a flavored water type product with many artificial ingredients (Sucralose, modified corn starch, etc.), limited nutrition, and not much traction yet. The twist cap they use may or may not violate our patent, but the company is too small to be concerned about. The capacity of the cap is too small to provide substantial nutritional content. Room for color and flavor only. Some of the caps we tested were unreliable and they leaked, and most of the flavors were a bit on the sour side, but for the most part - a very esthetically pleasing, visually streamlined product. Bravo on their branding. Need some help on the rest.

Itís really hard to compete with network marketing when a demonstrate-able product is involved. Stores donít do well with anything that has a story or a demo behind it. Yoli and Blast Caps were made for network marketing!! Compare our first year sales with any non MLM company, especially those with blast cap type dosing devises, and youíll see why we love network marketing sooooo much!

Daren
Concerning that quote about "our patent", I understood that Yoli was only paying a royalty for use of the Blast Cap - that they didn't really own any patents?


Last edited by Doc Bunkum : 01-22-2010 at 04:16 PM.

  #1921  
Old 01-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Live&Learn Live&Learn is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
People still don't get it.

You're not buying the powder - you're buying the Blast Cap.

You know the old advertising adage - "Sell the sizzle, not the steak".
What sizzle? I have a box almost full of Yoli product. I've done several taste tests. The blast cap does nothing for me. It's a boring product.

Looks more like a Fizzle.


  #1922  
Old 01-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Live&Learn Live&Learn is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 732
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
NOPE

why would I spend $2.50 - $3.99 for a Very OVERPRICED HYPED UP product that has VIRTUALLY almost NO nutritional Value?

I might as well just take a Flintstones vitamin

Nope not me!

RickyB
Hey! Watch it buddy. I like Fred Flintstone.



  #1923  
Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Doc Bunkum's Avatar
Doc Bunkum Doc Bunkum is offline
Cranky Old Fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bumfuck, Iowa
Posts: 2,217
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

So we were discussing giving Yoli to am 18 month old child.

How about this pic from the Never Blast Alone site?



Surely, they're not suggesting letting babies suck this stuff, are they?

(There's a rotating slideshow of about 10 or so pictures, so if you keep refreshing the page, you'll come to this one which is #3 in the set.)


  #1924  
Old 01-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Erneston Erneston is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 979
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post

Posted by Yoli Founder, Daren Falter:
Quote:
The twist cap they use may or may not violate our patent
That's very interesting.

So Falter says it is their patent.

Maybe I was wrong, then.

What does Lennyboy say, do we know? (Apart from calling us "anonymous trolls", I mean, obviously).


  #1925  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:23 PM
MWave MWave is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 774
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owninator View Post
man len, do you have ANY friends?

this is like a soap opera. i kinda feel sorry for you! between this thread and your scam one on mlm.com you probably ruined your carreer. maybe just stop now? really. look at all the information thats been brought out..the charity debacle, the 40,000 in autoship, the babies chuggin neon green powder, the old yahoo posts, etc. etc. now this!!!! man...if hired you to rep my company and you did this..? id be soooooooo pissed! those yoli guys must be like "wtf thanks len".

i think you have a complex and feel the need to attack and defend on regular basis. this has clearly become a "drug" to you... you are chasing the high if "victory", but unfortunately in your battle-lust youve managed to lose sight of the fact that you were paid to defend yolis interests, not bring them EVEN MORE trouble! i sympathize to a degree... i like a good conflict myself, but i would stop immediately if i was discrediting my business, my friends and my family.

stop now buddy, i dont agree with what you do, but id hate to see you ruin your career over it and maybe that of innocent bystanders(factory workers, packagers, distributors etc).

use your skills for good, maybe open up your own business, or teach or something. the current path you are on is getting you nowhere. fast.

just my non-suable non libelous non slanderos oponion.
I always find this kind of response amusing, but puzzling. Any reasonable reader knows my comments are not only not going to "ruin my career" but surely must find such suggestion to be ridiculous. It does nothing but reduce the credibility of everything else you write and make you look foolish. So why do you write such absurd posts? Several others here are trying the same tactic. I don't understand the point of it. What can you possibly think you're gaining by making yourself look ridiculous?

Unless... this is suppose to make me leave the board? That seems to be what you are suggesting I do. Wow. Could I be making that much of an impact here?

For the record, I just spoke at a Yoli event to one of the most warm and receptive audiences I've ever spoken to. And Yoli management is completely aware of my activity here and they are not only supportive, they seem to be getting a kick out of it.

When you say "I think you have a complex and feel the need to attack and defend on regular basis" how do you not see the overwhelming irony and hypocrisy of that? You are far out-posting me here now, and your posts are 100% off topic attacks!

It must be so fun to be a 33 year old out of work - I mean "retired" - radio show host that has such a fulfilling life that he can spend all day and night making himself look pathetic and desperate with posts like the one above.

Len


  #1926  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 PM
No_Moron_Here's Avatar
No_Moron_Here No_Moron_Here is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,459
Re: Has anyone else here tried Yoli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWave View Post
I always find this kind of response amusing, but puzzling. Any reasonable reader knows my comments are not only not going to "ruin my career" but surely must find such suggestion to be ridiculous. It does nothing but reduce the credibility of everything else you write and make you look foolish. So why do you write such absurd posts? Several others here are trying the same tactic. I don't understand the point of it. What can you possibly think you're gaining by making yourself look ridiculous?

Unless... this is suppose to make me leave the board? That seems to be what you are suggesting I do. Wow. Could I be making that much of an impact here?

For the record, I just spoke at a Yoli event to one of the most warm and receptive audiences I've ever spoken to. And Yoli management is completely aware of my activity here and they are not only supportive, they seem to be getting a kick out of it.

When you say "I think you have a complex and feel the need to attack and defend on regular basis" how do you not see the overwhelming irony and hypocrisy of that? You are far out-posting me here now, and your posts are 100% off topic attacks!

It must be so fun to be a 33 year old out of work - I mean "retired" - radio show host that has such a fulfilling life that he can spend all day and night making himself look pathetic and desperate with posts like the one above.

Len
I think this is exactly the type of post he's referring to, Len. Smarmy.

So do tell, how many were at the convention and why are you home so early?
__________________
As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.



Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yoli Distributor List Reveal Failed Pyramid Scheme USANAWatchdog MLM Scams 142 03-22-2012 10:55 PM
Does anyone care about Yoli? Of course we do!!! Live&Learn MLM Scams 563 08-16-2011 02:38 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.