report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Trident Ltd

Does anyone know if this is a scam, i'm guessing not but just want to check. I am listed on job boards.

Dear Candidate,

We recently came across your CV on a job board and was interested to speak with you regarding commission based work with Construction Recruitment.

You would be working with a registered HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) tax agent from your local area and surrounding, offering a Tax Rebate service to those in the construction industry.

To give you an example, a customer who worked and earned on average £15.000 - £19.000pa for the whole of the working tax year could receive on average a rebate of £2.295.

Usually, a customer can either do the self assessment themselves which can result in a claim being returned for lack of information, or, they pay a hefty upfront fee to an accountant who will still charge a commission on the customers tax rebate. By using us, the process can be simplified resulting in more accurate and guaranteed payouts. We get paid when the customer gets paid and we deduct 20% of the total sum.

We at Construction Recruitment who also trade as Tricom Ltd do not charge ANY UPFRONT FEES which is why we are currently recruiting for commission only workers as we have been inundated with claims. We are recruiting commission based workers as this will firstly, keep our running cost down, which in turn, allows us to promote a NO UPFRONT FEES policy. Secondly, you are free to work the hours you choose.

How do YOU earn your fee? you simply earn a fee on all submitted claims.

To give you an example, if your client is entitled to a tax rebate of approximately £2.295, Tricom Ltd will deduct their commission and pay you £100.

This calculation is based on a standard labourer earning £15.000 - £19.000pa. You should take into consideration that skilled construction workers can also earn in excess of £23.000 - £37.000pa which will boost your earnings considerably. Also you will be paid for every year that the claimant has not claimed.

We understand that commission work is not for everyone, but as we point out, if you were to process just one candidate per week on a average salary, this could bring you approximately £100. Basically you get out what you put in! If you have the time to take this on full time there is no limit to the amount you could earn.

The process is simple. We have compiled a Questions and Answers check list that you can use to approach potential customers which we feel covers everything. You capture basic information that the customer will already know such as their National Insurance number, their CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) number, or their UTR (Unique Taxpayer Registration) number and not forgetting their contact details.

All customers must be self employed to qualify for a tax rebate.

Once the information has been captured, you simply email the details to us and we do the rest.

Customer payouts can average between 6 - 12 weeks, and all payments are Guaranteed under the HMRC.

Please feel free to browse our website www.constructionrecruitment.org to get a better understanding of who we are and what we do, or our associated partners website at www.a4e.co.uk

If you feel this is something that you would be interested in or would like more information, please contact Charles on ************ / *********** or alternatively email claire@constructionrecruitment.org and one of our consultants will get back to you.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Sites look ok, company seems to be registered, email came from company website, am i just paranoid
?

Thanks for any help.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:14 AM

Re: Trident Ltd

Whoa there, please stop at once!

All of that info they gave you is completely fake.

This is a standard money processing scam. All of the checks you receive will be fake or stolen.

When you send 90% of the money to the scammers, that money is gone forever. The scammers disappear with it.

A little while later, YOU will be in serious trouble with the police. Very serious trouble.

So please don't do it.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

I seen few red flags, but can not unequivocally say it is scam.

Red flag #1) Website was registered 2 month ago. As we know, new website is higher chance of scam.

Red flag #2) "registered HMRC Tax Rebate Agents". I do not know how it is done in UK, in US nobody registers "Tax rebate agents" if they choose such title.

Red flag #3) "we have been inundated with claims." No company will say this unless turn over rate of agents is really high and they need fresh meat all the time.

Before joining in this opportunity I would recommend to ask your accountant if this "tax rebate" even exists.

If it does, ask them how much they want for their leads. If they they do not charge money upfront they will not give leads for free.

If they want you to wire money to clients, run away. It is illegal and obvious scam.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

I see several problems with that email:
1) A UK citizen would not write monetary amounts like this:
Quote:
£15.000 - £19.000pa
A UK citizen would use a comma not a decimal, and I have no idea what the pa stands for. And I am not sure what the economy is like in the UK but 15 grand a year seems extrememly low for a years worth of wages even for an unskilled construction worker.

2)Asking for all this information:
Quote:
You capture basic information that the customer will already know such as their National Insurance number, their CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) number, or their UTR (Unique Taxpayer Registration) number and not forgetting their contact details.
Sounds like you get to collect enough information on the other person for the scammer to steal the other person's identity. Wouldn't your 'employer' have all that data to begin with?

3)Email and site
Quote:
company seems to be registered, email came from company website
Site registration and email from a company server do not mean a company is legit, only that the scammer is versed enough in computers to take the time to set that all up.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi thanks for responses, the p.a. stands for per annum (per year).
I recieved an answer to an email i sent and recieved the following:

Hi ****,
Thanks for getting back to us.
This is in no way a scam you can check out our website www.constructionrecruitment.org

If you would like please email me your contact number and i can get ******* to call you today and explain things in more detail.

There is no cold calling involved.

Once you have spoken to ******* if you decide this is something you would like to pursue please email me so i can send you an agreement and some more info.

Best regards

the email came from their website, their website says they are a new company. They 've rung me and i let it go to answer machine because i wanted to check round the net. Googling the email doesn't bring up any results so it can't be mass emailed out or it could be just because it's new. Company House has them registered. So i'll look about for more info. any other input appreciated. Thanks.