report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Banned

Re: Blast Off Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbglobal79 View Post
his is a site where you write your own stories - so please, people defending this scam - please tell the group why this "press release" for the "next big thing" is only on this relatively unknown site, and not on the likes on CNN, BBC, SKY or ABC news websites?

didnt i write that?

Old 09-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Silver Member

[quote=mumei101;81090

Where does the money come from? Between the 3 posters here defending this, none of you have been able to answer this.

[/quote]

The money comes from the retailers. Here's a explanation from the site about how it all works.

Rewards/Commissions

1. How and when do I get paid?
Blastoff mails you a check at the end of each month for the accumulated total in your Blastoff account. While it may take up to 90 days for transactions to clear their respective merchants, most members can expect to receive their commission checks every month, unless they just joined Blastoff or their accumulated monthly total is less than $25. If the balance does not reach this minimum, don’t worry. The total carries over each month until your account reaches $25 or more. Of course, those who frequently shop through Blastoff or have a large network of members should receive a check every month.
To see the expected amount of your next check, click on “My Rewards” from the member dashboard of your homepage. Refer to the section labeled “My Next Check” on the right-hand side of the screen. You can also see the totals for past commissions, as well as those which have not yet cleared the merchant.
Please note that we send checks to the mailing address associated with your Blastoff account, which you can change by clicking on “Edit My Account” in the profile section or “Account Settings” in the dashboard, both of which are located on the member homepage. Currently, we only mail checks to US and Canadian addresses, including PO Boxes, APO’s, and FPO’s.
2. Why does Blastoff use checks?
Checks make the Blastoff experience more personal. They are secure and can be cashed or deposited only by the payee. They can also be tracked or replaced if lost or stolen. Additionally, by using checks, we don’t have to ask for or store any of your personal bank account information, which means greater protection for you and your identity.
3. Where do I go to track my income and check my accumulated total?
Click on “My Rewards” from the member dashboard of your homepage.
Within the “My Commissions” window, you can track the date of purchase, the network level from which each commission is generated, the amount of commission, and the status of each payment, including the mailing date of your commission checks. For personal purchases (not those made by your network), you can also track the merchant name. There are three possibilities for the status of each payment:
  • Pending – The commission has not yet cleared the merchant; this process can take up to 90 days.
  • Approved – The commission has cleared the merchant and has been credited to your Blastoff account.
  • Paid – The commission has been sent to the member in the form of a check.
All commissions and rewards appear in your account within a week after their affiliated transactions. If they have not appeared within 10 days, the appropriate merchant will investigate.
On the same page, you can also track both monthly and cumulative totals for all paid commissions, as well as ascertain how much you can expect in your next check. There is even a commission calculator that allows you to estimate future revenue based on network growth and product purchased.
4. What if I haven’t received my check within the timeframe specified?
Due to the nuances of the postal service, there is no specific date on which you should expect to receive your check. However, you can verify the mailing date of each check by accessing the “My Rewards” link from the member dashboard on your homepage. In the “My Commissions” window under the column marked “Pay Date”, there will either be a date or a dash next to each line item. The date indicates when a check was mailed. If there is a dash, it indicates that a check has not yet been mailed.
We recommend that you allow approximately 10 mailing days after your “Pay Date” to receive your check. If you have not received it by this time, please feel free to contact us through our support services, and we will resolve the situation or if necessary, cancel the previous check and issue you a replacement. Please note: our check-processing service charges a $25 stop-payment fee for each cancelled check; Blastoff does not collect this amount.
5. Why don’t you provide direct deposit service?
Checks make the Blastoff experience more personal. They are secure and can be cashed or deposited only by the payee. They can also be tracked or replaced, if lost or stolen. Additionally, by using checks, we don’t have to ask for or store any of your personal bank account information, which means greater protection for you and your identity.
6. Do I need a bank account to take advantage of Blastoff’s commission plan?
No. Blastoff does not ask for or store any personal banking account information. Instead, we mail a check to the address you have on file with us every month your Blastoff account reaches $25 or more, and the affiliated transactions have been cleared by their respective merchants. This makes the Blastoff experience more personal and more secure.
Please note that we do ask for your social security or tax ID number after you have earned $600 or more in one calendar year, though we only need this information the first time this occurs.
7. Is my income taxable?
Federal law requires any entity that pays out $600 or more to an individual in one calendar year to report the amount as miscellaneous income.
When your account accrues a total of $600 or more for the first time, and this amount has been cleared for payment, you will receive notification that Blastoff requires your social security or tax ID number so that we can continue to mail you your commission checks. We will also send you a link to a free and secure third-party site where you can fill out Form W-9. You will need to fill out this form every year you earn $600 or more.
You only have to complete this form once, unless your personal information or tax withholding status changes. Each year you earn $600 or more, you will receive Form 1099 in the mail, which indicates your income for the previous tax year and the fact that it has been reported to the IRS.
8. Can I use my account balance to make purchases through my Blastoff shopping navigation (Mall, Travel, Wireless, Home Services, Legal Services)?
All retail transactions made through your Blastoff account are private, commercial relationships between you and a third-party merchant. The only difference between shopping directly through a merchant’s online storefront and accessing them from Blastoff is that you receive a cash-back reward when you use your Blastoff account. Blastoff is not a financial institution and cannot pay merchants directly from members’ private accounts.
9. Can I donate a portion of my account balance to a charitable or non-profit organization?
Currently, there is no means to do this directly from your Blastoff account. However, once you receive your commission check, you can spend it any way you choose. In the future it may be possible to directly support any charities sponsored by or associated with Blastoff. Stay tuned for new developments.
10. Can I choose when and how much to withdraw from my Blastoff account?
Unlike Paypal, Blastoff does not function as a financial or banking entity, which prevents us from providing a ******* source for member income or paying merchants directly from member accounts. Instead, Blastoff is a membership service provider that offers several free membership benefits, including cash-back rewards for online shopping. Consequently, we have a set schedule for paying members the accumulated total in their individual accounts, and neither the pay-out schedule nor the pay-out amounts are member-initiated.
11. How does the commission plan work? What amount or percentage do I receive from each level of my network?
This is one of the greatest benefits of Blastoff membership. Blastoff returns a cash-back amount to you—the shopper—for every purchase you make on a merchant’s online storefront through your Blastoff homepage. These amounts, which are set by each merchant, could be in the form of a percentage discount (ranging from 1%-15% and based on the total of your order) or a fixed monetary amount. You can find the type and amount of award offered by each merchant by looking beneath their icon on the Blastoff Mall or Travel page. To access the Blastoff Mall, click on “Mall” in the shopping navigation window of your member homepage.
Likewise, when anyone in your network (out to 10 levels away from you) links to a merchant from their Blastoff account and makes a purchase, you continue to benefit. Blastoff contributes a portion of every sale generated by its members and distributes it equally across the shopper’s up-line network, without affecting the original shopper’s cash-back commission. Because 1) the number of people in your network can vary greatly, 2) each merchant offers a unique cash-back award, and 3) most awards are dependent upon purchase totals, it is impossible to accurately calculate your exact commission potential. But generally, it will range between 0.084% and 3% of every sale (before taxes and shipping and handling charges) generated within 10 levels of your network.
To get an idea of your commission potential from a Mall or Travel purchase, choose one of the merchants that you or your friends shop often and estimate the total from a typical purchase. Divide that merchant’s commission by three, then divide that amount by 10 (for each level in your network), and apply it to the total (if it is a percentage-based bonus). The result is a rough estimate of what you will earn every time anyone within the first 10 levels of your network makes a similar purchase from that merchant.
Blastoff offers a member commission of $25-$100 for each new wireless plan you purchase, as well as $2 for each wireless contract you extend. Additionally, when anyone in the first 10 levels of your network shops, you will receive $2 for their new wireless activation and $1 for their wireless contract renewal. Blastoff members also get paid for wireless accessory purchases (including ringtones and wallpapers), the percentage of which varies based on product and manufacturer.
The home service commissions vary by type of service:
  • SATELLITE and CABLE: $40-$175 when you purchase a new subscription and $4 when anyone within the first 10 levels of your network does the same
  • INTERNET: $10-$150 when you purchase a new subscription and $1 when anyone within the first 10 levels of your network does the same
  • DIGITAL PHONE: $15-$40 when you purchase a new subscription and $2 when anyone within the first 10 levels of your network does the same
With over 400 popular retailers, cash-back discounts up to 15%, even better savings on wireless and home services, and a network that can extend up to 10 levels away from you with an unlimited number of friends on each level, your Blastoff account will take off in no-time. Best of all, there is absolutely no cost to you, and those doing the shopping are also saving money just for buying the things they normally would buy anyway. So it’s a win-win situation.
12. Are there any limits to the number of people from whom I can earn commissions?
No; this is another one of the benefits that makes Blastoff membership so rewarding. While your Blastoff network is limited to 10 levels of separation away from you, you can have an infinite number of people in every level of your network and earn a commission from every purchase made through a Blastoff account.
13. Are there any limits to the amount I can earn?
No, and this is one of the benefits that makes Blastoff membership so rewarding. With over 400 popular retailers, cash-back discounts up to 15%, even greater savings on wireless and home services, and a network than can extend up to 10 levels away from you with an unlimited number of friends on each level, your commissions will take off in no-time.
There are only three limits of which you should be aware:
  • Before you receive a commission check, your Blastoff account has to reach $25 or more.
  • You will only receive commissions from the first 10 levels of your network.
  • After an accumulated total of $600 or more within one calendar year, we report your commissions to the IRS as miscellaneous income.
14. How long does it take for my commission to appear in my account after someone in my network makes a purchase?
Typically, all commissions and cash-back rewards appear in the “My Commissions” window of the member’s “My Rewards” page within one week of their affiliated transactions. If they do not appear within 10 days, the merchant will investigate.
Once a transaction appears in the member’s account, we flag it with a “Pending” status until the merchant clears it, which can take up to 90 days. Once the transaction clears, its status will change to “Approved” and then to “Paid” when we mail out your commission check.
15. Why does it say “Pending” under the status for a commission or cash back reward?
We allow up to 90 days for every transaction between you and a third-party merchant to clear before the associated commission or cash-back reward can be credited to your account. During this time, the transaction still appears in the “My Commissions” window of your “My Rewards” page, but until it clears, we flag it with a “Pending” status. Once the transaction clears, its status will change to “Approved” and then to “Paid” when we mail out your commission check.
16. Is there an expiration period for my commission checks?
Yes. All member checks received from Blastoff should be deposited or cashed within 90 days of their issue date.
17. What if I do not use my commission check before it expires?
All member checks received from Blastoff should be deposited or cashed within 90 days of their issue date. We highly recommend you do this within this timeframe, as the checks cannot be reissued if unused.
18. Do I receive notification when someone in my network makes a purchase?
You will not receive direct, private notification of purchases made by your network, though the “My Commissions” window of the member “My Rewards” page will update to reflect all commissions and rewards within one week of their affiliated transactions.
19. Can people in my network see what I purchase or how much I spend? Can I see this information about them?
Blastoff keeps the commercial transactions private between its members and third-party merchants. The only information a member can see is the network level on which a transaction occurs.
20. Why do I have a negative balance?
If you or someone in your network returns an item to a merchant after receiving approval for an affiliated commission or cash-back reward, and the amount is greater than your current Blastoff account balance, your account will reflect a negative balance. But don’t worry. This does not mean you owe anything. As more commissions and cash-back rewards roll in, Blastoff will automatically apply the negative balance to the incoming transactions. In no time, your account will be in the black once more.
21. How do I change my mailing address?
On your Blastoff homepage, click on “Edit My Account” in the profile section or “Account Settings” in the dashboard. This will take you to your account settings, where you can change your mailing address, as well as edit you name, email address, password, site name, and date of birth.
22. Can I use a PO Box or APO/FPO address to receive my commission checks?
Yes. Blastoff can mail checks to any US or Canadian address, including PO Boxes, APO’s, and FPO’s.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumei101 View Post
its not free, to take full advantage of the "offers" you have to pay to become a PPL associate.

read here -
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Internet...-jus-42fbf.htm
This is your source mumei? Is this a credible source mumei? Blastoff is completely free.

Last edited by ldinlove : 09-25-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
How has Wendy started when the pre-launch is sept27 and offical launch oct11?
Wendy is an associate with Pre-Paid Legal Services (listed on the New York Stock Exchange under PPD). Associates already have access to Blastoff via an agreement with Blastoff Communications. Blastoff will open to the general public on October 26th and is completely free to join.
PPL associates can begin inviting people into their networks without competition for the period of October 12th-October 26h, at which time Blastoff will open to the general public.
The public launch has been postponed two weeks so associates can get signed up for their web sites and prepare their invitation lists. There have been technical issues that still need to be worked out also.

Last edited by ldinlove : 09-25-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Is it wise to support something you dont understansd?
I have to ask you, mumei-is it wise to report on something you VERY CLEARLY don't understand? I maintain my original assertion that with almost every post you make, you continue to make an ass of yourself.
The credibility of Blastoff will become self evident regardless of your ill-researched posts.
Do you ever order from Pizza Hut? If so, will you STILL think Blastoff is a scam when they show up at your door with a Pizza Box promoting Blastoff? Probably. Just like the birthers..if Jesus Christ himself showed up at your door promoting Blastoff..you'd call it a scam.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Cornelius

Ok I can post again. How the flow of compensation is done I did not want to try to go beyond what was posted by Idinlove which is posted on one of the sites posted. As for the Blastoff Mall it looks like more companies are being offered. Is anyone else having problems with any links?

Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Ok I can post again. How the flow of compensation is done I did not want to try to go beyond what was posted by Idinlove which is posted on one of the sites posted. As for the Blastoff Mall it looks like more companies are being offered. Is anyone else having problems with any links?
The only poster on this board who's stated that the PPL links don't work is mumei.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Newbie Member

Here's an update. Tigerdirect is one of my favorite sites to buy from, and I sent them an email Wednesday asking them about their involvement with Blastoff. I just got the reply. Here it is-

"Dear Valued Customer:

As per one of our managers, Blastoff is an affiliate website that rewards its customer base by sharing its earned commissions from its sales.

Please do not hesitate to send us an email again should there be anything else we may assist you with.

Thank you for visiting our website. We at Tiger Direct appreciate your business. If you have further inquiries and reply to this email, please make sure to include your entire message, so we can address it appropriately.

Sincerely,
Lester
TigerDirect.com Web Response
"

There it is, it looks like at least one company is indeed partnered with Blastoff.

It doesn't change the fact that blastoff is just a marketing plan to get people to sign up with PPL, and it doesn't remove the risk of a security breech in secure online payments, it does mean that at least one company is not being falsely represented. I personally still have to give Blastoff and PPL a big thumbs down.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastoffwithwendy View Post
This being said, I would like to know what kind of credentials mumei101, sbglobal79 and Sillark have to state that the Blastoff Network opportunity is a scam? Is this just your personal opinion or do you have personal experience being scammed or charged to join the Blastoff Network? Personally, I'd rather hear what your personal experience is with being scammed instead of your opinion on why you think it's a scam.
I believe I have posted a couple of times that this is not a scam, since the service offered is not fictitious, but does fall into the scheme category. I personally have never been scammed, because when I pay a person or company, it is for a physical product or immediate service that I need or want. When an offer is made with nothing but promises, I do my homework, and keep researching until I am satisfied the truth has been reached in order to protect the people I care about. Sure I'm a skeptic when it comes to my money, but I think that's a smart way to be when dealing with anything that sounds too good to be true.

Last edited by Sillark : 09-25-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillark View Post
Here's an update. Tigerdirect is one of my favorite sites to buy from, and I sent them an email Wednesday asking them about their involvement with Blastoff. I just got the reply. Here it is-

"Dear Valued Customer:

As per one of our managers, Blastoff is an affiliate website that rewards its customer base by sharing its earned commissions from its sales.

Please do not hesitate to send us an email again should there be anything else we may assist you with.

Thank you for visiting our website. We at Tiger Direct appreciate your business. If you have further inquiries and reply to this email, please make sure to include your entire message, so we can address it appropriately.

Sincerely,
Lester
TigerDirect.com Web Response"

There it is, it looks like at least one company is indeed partnered with Blastoff.

It doesn't change the fact that blastoff is just a marketing plan to get people to sign up with PPL, and it doesn't remove the risk of a security breech in secure online payments, it does mean that at least one company is not being falsely represented. I personally still have to give Blastoff and PPL a big thumbs down.
Finally, a reasonable post from a skeptical person. I can respect someone's opinion of Blastoff. I just can't stand information being presented on here as if it's fact-when it isn't.
Of course PPL is using Blastoff as a major marketing platform-it's a business. But Blastoff is also a major marketing platform for over 400 online retailers. It's a win win situation for everybody-including the Blastoff members. As far as the security of online payments, those transactions are done through the merchant's websites. See below: as taken from faqs on the site:

"Why don’t you provide direct deposit service?
Checks make the Blastoff experience more personal. They are secure and can be cashed or deposited only by the payee. They can also be tracked or replaced, if lost or stolen. Additionally, by using checks, we don’t have to ask for or store any of your personal bank account information, which means greater protection for you and your identity.
6. Do I need a bank account to take advantage of Blastoff’s commission plan?
No. Blastoff does not ask for or store any personal banking account information. Instead, we mail a check to the address you have on file with us every month your Blastoff account reaches $25 or more, and the affiliated transactions have been cleared by their respective merchants. This makes the Blastoff experience more personal and more secure.
Please note that we do ask for your social security or tax ID number after you have earned $600 or more in one calendar year, though we only need this information the first time this occurs.

"

Old 09-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Hmm I see.

I got a reply from Walmart, they are investigating it and will reply again soon. All I asked was if they were associated with BlastOff Network and their initial reply was -

"We appreciate your notifying us of the issue below. We take these
matters very seriously and are investigating all uses of the Wal-Mart
name, trademarks and logos (unauthorized or otherwise). Currently, we
are looking into the matter. Please rest assured that we are doing our
best to protect you from forgery attempts by forwarding this
notification to the appropriate party for research and investigation."

Notice how all I asked was if they were associated with these people, and they sent a reply that included the words "unauthorized" and "forgery attempts" - think that tells us all we need to know reall, but hopefully they will confirm soon.

Hows that popcorn tasting idinlove?

Well here is what I can say. I have been an affiliate marketer for 7 years. Through CJ.com and Linkshare.com - Its my understanding that most of the "Negative" people on here have no idea how affiliate marketing works. The retail stores save a ton of money paying affiliate marketers rather than tv and newspaper ads.

To the above poster - I bet if you email walmart and ask them if linkshare.com is approved to offer the same thing "walmart" will give you the same exact email response.

But guess what. - See here for proof that the person answering emails has to respond the same way to anything of that nature. And in fact walmart is with linkshare. They offer it on their own site under their affiliate link.
http://affiliates.walmart.com/aff_home.jsp

From what I see out of the video blastoff took affiliate marketing to a whole new level. I am guessing this:

For instance - 123inkjets.com pays an affiliate marketer 30% of any sale the marketer refers to their site. I bet blastoff takes that 30% and offers an amount lets say "15%" back to the buyer if they are a blastoff member, then takes the other 15% and distributes it out to the blastoff members who invited that buyer.

its very simple - but i guess most people are far simpler minded to understand a very easy subject.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Banned

hmmm where does the money come from?

Cornelius reports that PPL "cut the checks"

IdinLove says the retailers pay.

Tigershare say -
"As per one of our managers, Blastoff is an affiliate website that rewards its customer base by sharing its earned commissions from its sales."

What can BlastOff let you do?

Every poster on here says you can earn a few bucks, "Wendy" on the other hand reports it is a "life changing business opportunity"

They're "partnered" with Walmart, yet Walmart specficially say to NOT enter personal information onto the site.

I see the creators have just exploded the GoogleBomb, equipped with fake reviews on the usual suspects - hubpages and merchantarticiles. So predictable.

And the majority of the articles say this BlastOff is going to be bigger than Facebook and Twitter....changing the Internet forever...

Well I guess everyone has said everything that can be said.... one of us will be eating our words in a few months....

All I can say to anyone reading this thread is that this scheme is full of "technical issues" and contradiction, its a dodgy way of pressuring you to join an MLM scheme, and it will jsut prove to be a waste of time.

I understand MLM and affiliate marketing very well - its not I dont understand the business model BlastOff claim they use, I just know how dodgy MLMs work as well (ponzis and the like) and i know this is one.

Launch date is near (providing it does not get pushed back again with technical issues) - my advice - AVOID

With that I'm leaving this thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Cornelius

I never said Pre-paid Legal cuts the checks.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Banned

I meant BlastOff - same difference.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I meant BlastOff - same difference.
Blastoff and PPL are two different companies, mumei, and it's misinformed posts like yours that are contributing to the confusion.
You actually work for or have your own watchdog type web site? In a forum such as this, research should be done carefully before posting.

Last edited by ldinlove : 09-26-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Bronze Member

Hahahahahahaha.....

1) No mention whatsoever from Yum Brands (Pizza Hut's parent company) nor from Pizza Hut itself regarding this ad campaign.

2) If such an ad campaign were to be real, Blastoff Network has permanently destroyed any possible relationship with Yum Brands with this inappropriate announcement (if it were real). Real companies do not issue press releases prematurely concerning their major partnerships or ad campaigns. They issue them jointly, when the time is right, through real news outlets in multiple venues (SEC regulations you know). They do not send the information to a scamming blogger like Wendy to post for the world to see.

Probability of it being real: <1%

C'mon scammers, ya gotta get your logic right, and it would help if you knew how real business dealings are handled at, say, the $30 million level. When you make things like this up, that run contrary to standard business practices, you damage what little credibility you might have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldinlove View Post
http://blastoffwithwendy.wordpress.com/
Here's a terrific link to a blog that's loaded with the latest news and updates on the Blastoff Network.
Here's a snippit from Wendy's blog "Pizza Hut, bid $30 Million dollars to garner the initial ad campaign for Blastoff on it’s launch, October 12th."
I'm wondering how this will be affected by the public launch date being pushed back two weeks?

Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertained View Post
Hahahahahahaha.....

Probability of it being real: <1%

C'mon scammers, ya gotta get your logic right, and it would help if you knew how real business dealings are handled at, say, the $30 million level. When you make things like this up, that run contrary to standard business practices, you damage what little credibility you might have.

Big sigh. I'll see you back here in a couple of months, Entertained. Are you a betting man or woman?

Old 09-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Cornelius

mumei also say's (currently) on his site that to join blastoff people are required to join Pre-paid legal which is not true. Anyone doing some basic research will find out that's not true. This train is going to roll no matter how much false information is posted.