report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Banned

Re: Blast Off Network

Confirmation from Walmart!

The following is what Walmart have said concerning BlastOff Network

"Thank you for notifying us of the issue below. The website you
mention below is not authorized nor sent by Walmart or any of its
subsidiaries. Please disregard the site and do not respond to it
with any of your personal information."

Hmmmm.... strange for Walmart to say something about BlastOff since they are "affiliated" with them and are giving their customers "preferential treatment".

Idinlove, your "movie" has ended. I win, you lose, though for good measure I will post anymore emails I receive from the other sites that are "affiliated" with BlastOff Network.

And for anybody reading this thread, BlastOff Network is a fraud designed to get people to sign up to a MLM scheme, and this is proof.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldinlove View Post
You also get paid for people that you convince to pay the $99 to become an associate below you.

This is false, Sillark. Where do you get this sh*t?
The only thing that is false is the pretended goodwill the con artists that comprise the entire PPL network portray. This quote from the above linked CNNMoney article reveals the truth behind all these promises of just another unscrupulous get-rich-quick scheme, straight from the mouth of PPL itself -

"The forward-looking statements... may not be correct. They are subject to risks and uncertainties... that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described... These risks and uncertainties... include the risks that our membership... renewal rates may decline, that we may not be able to continue to grow our memberships..., that pending or future litigation may have a material adverse effect on us if resolved unfavorably to us... that our stock price may be affected by short sellers, that we have been unable to increase our employee group membership sales..."

Everything I've posted here is not wild assumptions or paranoid rantings against something I don't understand. I'm sorry to say that I am watching this whole nightmare unfold before my eyes. I'm reading the emails and webpages only PPL associates receive, and all I see is a text version of an infomercial.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Folks are seeing scams in their sleep.
First: You are quoting a auto-reply letter out of context.
Second: For someone to put together a website of this magnitude as a scam is not very likely. To design and implement this probably cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Have you even looked at it before declaring it a scam?
Heres how it works: When you become a member you get a home page. The home page has links to a "mall" along with wireless, internet and legal services. When you use the mall, you carry digital credentials into the retailer's web site, linking back to your blastoff account. When you check out of the retailers web site a "cash back" is credited to your account. The amount of the cashback is very small, usually 2 to 3 %. The person who referred you to Blastoff (you signed up thru their homepage) also gets a small cash back, probably about half of what the shopper gets. It's not much money when it's just one person and just one purchase. If you get dozens of people referred thru your site theres a chance you could make a few bucks. This is not a get rich quick thing. It's fun, it's free, and you get a few bucks.
If this goes viral, as the promoters hope, then the early bird has a chance at a bigger worm. If I had a couple hundred people sign up thru my site I could maybe see a couple hundred dollars a week.
You get cash back on purchases made 10 (or 20) layers down line from you, but this cashback is based on a percentage of the purchaser's cash back, and could be as little as .08% to as much as 1%. Theoretically, if you had 10,000 people downline from you, you might end up with some income. They are hoping to match the numbers put up by Twitter and Facebook. If you start with 10,000 people and they each have 10,000 downline, thats 100 million people, just about their target.
Is it a pipe dream? Time will tell. If you are one of the first 10,000 and it doesn't catch on... you have lost nothing but time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumei101 View Post
Hmm I see.

I got a reply from Walmart, they are investigating it and will reply again soon. All I asked was if they were associated with BlastOff Network and their initial reply was -

"We appreciate your notifying us of the issue below. We take these
matters very seriously and are investigating all uses of the Wal-Mart
name, trademarks and logos (unauthorized or otherwise). Currently, we
are looking into the matter. Please rest assured that we are doing our
best to protect you from forgery attempts by forwarding this
notification to the appropriate party for research and investigation."

Notice how all I asked was if they were associated with these people, and they sent a reply that included the words "unauthorized" and "forgery attempts" - think that tells us all we need to know reall, but hopefully they will confirm soon.

Hows that popcorn tasting idinlove?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
SOURCE Pre Paid Legal; right at the bottom.

No none of you links for pre paid legal work (the cnn money one did) - nothing to do with my browser settings, doesnt work in firefox or chrome either.

no problems with any other sites at all so its something to do with the site.

?
Bullsh*t. I want to hear that from another poster. Your claims that the links don't work are so absurd, I'm beginning to wonder if you're a short seller's plant.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Confirmation from Walmart!

The following is what Walmart have said concerning BlastOff Network

"Thank you for notifying us of the issue below. The website you
mention below is not authorized nor sent by Walmart or any of its
subsidiaries. Please disregard the site and do not respond to it
with any of your personal information."

Hmmmm.... strange for Walmart to say something about BlastOff since they are "affiliated" with them and are giving their customers "preferential treatment".

Idinlove, your "movie" has ended. I win, you lose, though for good measure I will post anymore emails I receive from the other sites that are "affiliated" with BlastOff Network.

And for anybody reading this thread, BlastOff Network is a fraud designed to get people to sign up to a MLM scheme, and this is proof.
Either someone in that office at Walmart didn't get the memo or you really ARE a short seller's plant, as I am, indeed, in "the know" and believe what you've just posted to be a complete fabrication.
Can you please post the entire exchange between yourself and Walmart? I assume it is all in writing?
Only over 399 other online retailers to go. If it ain't in writing, it's heresay.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Theoretically, if you had 10,000 people downline from you, you might end up with some income. They are hoping to match the numbers put up by Twitter and Facebook. If you start with 10,000 people and they each have 10,000 downline, thats 100 million people, just about their target.
Only complete greedy idiot will believe that this fly by night scam will keep this hype for more than few month. These number they are "projecting" are ridiculous at best.

Bing.com which is Microsoft website offers cash back rewards and they are hoping just for few million people to sign up will at ad dollars Microsoft is throwing on it.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
Only complete greedy idiot will believe that this fly by night scam will keep this hype for more than few month. These number they are "projecting" are ridiculous at best.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Count me in!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Silver Member

http://blastoffwithwendy.wordpress.com/
Here's a terrific link to a blog that's loaded with the latest news and updates on the Blastoff Network.
Here's a snippit from Wendy's blog "Pizza Hut, bid $30 Million dollars to garner the initial ad campaign for Blastoff on itís launch, October 12th."
I'm wondering how this will be affected by the public launch date being pushed back two weeks?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Here's a terrific link to a blog that's loaded with the latest news and updates on the Blastoff Network.
You mean latest hype? And what kind of impartial informations can you get from the blog with first page title "Blastoff Network Ė Join Today".

Old 09-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
Folks are seeing scams in their sleep.
First: You are quoting a auto-reply letter out of context.
Second: For someone to put together a website of this magnitude as a scam is not very likely. To design and implement this probably cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Have you even looked at it before declaring it a scam?
Heres how it works: When you become a member you get a home page. The home page has links to a "mall" along with wireless, internet and legal services. When you use the mall, you carry digital credentials into the retailer's web site, linking back to your blastoff account. When you check out of the retailers web site a "cash back" is credited to your account. The amount of the cashback is very small, usually 2 to 3 %. The person who referred you to Blastoff (you signed up thru their homepage) also gets a small cash back, probably about half of what the shopper gets. It's not much money when it's just one person and just one purchase. If you get dozens of people referred thru your site theres a chance you could make a few bucks. This is not a get rich quick thing. It's fun, it's free, and you get a few bucks.
If this goes viral, as the promoters hope, then the early bird has a chance at a bigger worm. If I had a couple hundred people sign up thru my site I could maybe see a couple hundred dollars a week.
You get cash back on purchases made 10 (or 20) layers down line from you, but this cashback is based on a percentage of the purchaser's cash back, and could be as little as .08% to as much as 1%. Theoretically, if you had 10,000 people downline from you, you might end up with some income. They are hoping to match the numbers put up by Twitter and Facebook. If you start with 10,000 people and they each have 10,000 downline, thats 100 million people, just about their target.
Is it a pipe dream? Time will tell. If you are one of the first 10,000 and it doesn't catch on... you have lost nothing but time.
Okay first off - pingpong - well done for explaining the basic points of MLM - however -

1. yes i did look at the website. its crap. i could put something together like that for around $50. there are graphical errors all over the place, esp. when signing up where the font and background are the same color! hundreds of thousands? god knows where u got that number but it highlights your lack of technical knowledge. im a web designer, trust me.

2. well done for not addressing the issue of why the online retailers have never heard of blastoff- and indeed why walmart are telling people NOT to put there details into the website.

3. it WONT get those numbers since next to no one is promoting it. to a google search and put quotes around BlastOff Network. there is only one copied and pasted article floating around a few sites where no one is going to see it.

isnt is curious how its always the one time/thread posters that defend scams?

Old 09-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Either someone in that office at Walmart didn't get the memo or you really ARE a short seller's plant, as I am, indeed, in "the know" and believe what you've just posted to be a complete fabrication.
Can you please post the entire exchange between yourself and Walmart? I assume it is all in writing?
Only over 399 other online retailers to go. If it ain't in writing, it's heresay.

Oh what a surprise, accusing me of fabricating an email from Walmart, how original....a short seller plant? no....think you might find iv posted on loads of threads on this website, which is more than I can say for you...so isnt it more likely your just involved with the scam?

Uh...the answer is yes....

I work for thatsnonsense.com and Ive sent both emails to them for verification and the response is now on their website.

Walmart sent me 2 emails of which both are posted on this thread...

Hey if anyone doesnt believe me and thinks I fabricated it....

http://www.walmart.com/cservice/cu_c..._onlineForm.do
- contact Walmart yourself, please...

I think its become clear that since idinlove (and pingpong and corneluis) have only posted on this thread, its pretty obvious that

1. same person
2. involved with scam

However posters like myself, boris and sillark who are regular posters on this site are all against this scam should speak volumes.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Here's a snippit from Wendy's blog "Pizza Hut, bid $30 Million dollars to garner the initial ad campaign for Blastoff on itís launch, October 12th."
I'm wondering how this will be affected by the public launch date being pushed back two weeks?
How has Wendy started when the pre-launch is sept27 and offical launch oct11?

this is merely hype. is that the best you can offer? how about an article written by somebody not directly involved with the scam...? come on idinlove, this is the next big thing on the Internet, there must have been SOME news service that have written something about it...?

iv worked it out, idinlove is a PPL associate and needs people to join the failing PPL MLM scheme- since this blastoff network front is obviously a front to get people to join PPLs MLM scheme. Of course it requires an investment to become a PPL associate. what scam doesnt?
and of course you cant enjoy the blastoff networks "advantages" (that dont exist) until you pay to become a PPL associate. sick.

Last edited by mumei101 : 09-25-2009 at 04:07 AM.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Mumei, Frequency of posting does not imply that you are right or wrong. Being louder than everyone else only means you are louder than everyone else.
People (other than you) were asking how it would work, so I tried to describe it as I see it.
I'm also a web designer, and stand by my estimate of what it would take to design and impliment something of this size.
Whether online retailers have heard of this or endorse it was not the topic of my post. The fact that I did not address the issue implys nothing, and certainly doesn't lend credence to your point.
As to whether Blastoffnetwork ever sees the numbers, as I said in my previous post "time will tell". The fact is it's free, it's fun, and you might get a few bucks for your time.

Quote:
Okay first off - pingpong - well done for explaining the basic points of MLM - however -

1. yes i did look at the website. its crap. i could put something together like that for around $50. there are graphical errors all over the place, esp. when signing up where the font and background are the same color! hundreds of thousands? god knows where u got that number but it highlights your lack of technical knowledge. im a web designer, trust me.

2. well done for not addressing the issue of why the online retailers have never heard of blastoff- and indeed why walmart are telling people NOT to put there details into the website.

3. it WONT get those numbers since next to no one is promoting it. to a google search and put quotes around BlastOff Network. there is only one copied and pasted article floating around a few sites where no one is going to see it.

isnt is curious how its always the one time/thread posters that defend scams?

Old 09-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Banned

its not free, to take full advantage of the "offers" you have to pay to become a PPL associate.

read here -
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Internet...-jus-42fbf.htm

Where does the money come from? Between the 3 posters here defending this, none of you have been able to answer this.

Is it wise to support something you dont understansd?

ps that website does NOT cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. anyone reading this thread with even a little technical knowledge knows this.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Frequency of posting does not imply that you are right or wrong
Who said anything about frequency of posting? I didnt - I mentioned I posted in other threads as I was accused of being a "plant" - nothing to do with frequency. Try reading my post carefully.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

his is a site where you write your own stories - so please, people defending this scam - please tell the group why this "press release" for the "next big thing" is only on this relatively unknown site, and not on the likes on CNN, BBC, SKY or ABC news websites?

Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quoting your previous: "isnt is curious how its always the one time/thread posters that defend scams?" you are attempting to discredit others based on how often they post. This is non sequitur. How frequently someone posts has no connection to whether they are right or wrong.

Quote:
Who said anything about frequency of posting? I didnt - I mentioned I posted in other threads as I was accused of being a "plant" - nothing to do with frequency. Try reading my post carefully.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpong View Post
Quoting your previous: "isnt is curious how its always the one time/thread posters that defend scams?" you are attempting to discredit others based on how often they post. This is non sequitur. How frequently someone posts has no connection to whether they are right or wrong.
There is a connection on this site actually, though you would not know this since you only post on this thread. Regardless, its nothing to do with frequency, more to do with scope of posting.

But this is irrelevant, answer my question... where does the money come from?