report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Blast Off Network

Parkdude - Here's a news flash! I am not lying. Someone in my family is out $72.00 already and they just signed up last night.

If there is an agreement between Blastoff and the "merchants" then why don't the merchants know anything about it (I called a few) and why would they tell me to call the Federal Trade Commission Fraud Department and other agencies to report it?

Also, WHY would Walmart, Target etc. pay anyone part of their revenue on online sales when they don't have to. It's ridiculous that you want people to believe it.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Newbie Member

There is no money to waste. There is no fee for the site. You do not have to sign up under a PPL associate. You do not have to have anyone sign up under you. You do not have to buy anything. The only money you will pay is if you go directly to the retailer and purchase something from that retailer. If you do not: shop online, use face book, listen to music, watch YouTube videos, or visit CNN, FOX, etc. there is no reason to have blastoff as your homepage.

Remember, anytime you are on the web and click on some type of link and end up making a purchase, the websites that lead you to the merchant will get paid a percentage of your purchase. Blastoff is only sharing that payment with you.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Newbie Member

Rambling,
I never said you lied.
Who did they pay $72.00 to? Maybe they signed up to be a PPL associate? As far as I know, PPL associates are doing the Beta testing on Blastoff now. The site is not available to the general public till October 26th.

As for why would companies pay for referrals? It is part of the advertizing budget. Go to any merchant website and at the bottom is a link for Affiliates (For Target it is under Company information).

BTW-I'm surprised that Target did not know about Blastoff. When you click on the Target link, it mentions Blastoff in the actual web address.

Last edited by parkdude : 10-08-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Added info

Old 10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Newbie Member

"There is NO fee to join and use Blastoff. If anyone tells you that, they are lying to you!" That is your quote under #1 above.

They paid when they signed up on the site last night. She has been trying to cancel it all day and no one will help - funny isn't it? If only PPL associates are testing this then why is ANYONE trying to sign ANYONE up early.

None of it makes sense and like I have said IT IS A SCAM. I didn't make up what the Federal Trade Commission Fraud Dept. said. Anyone in doubt can call Walmart, Target, etc. or the agencies they referred me to and find out for themselves. Yes the site might actually open up eventually but these people will never see their money again that they paid after they were told it was free and were promised tons of money.

I don't want to argue with anyone I just wanted to put the facts I was given to day out there to protect the people who are getting scammed.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Cornelius

There is no fee to join Blastoff. What it sounds like is she may have become an associate of Pre-Paid Legal. Currently yes there is a $72.00 Promotion associate fee to become an assoc. with Pre-paid legal. There is a difference. They are two different companies.

Currently the only way to signup for Blastoff is to be a Pre-paid Legal associate. During the exclusive period the only way to signup for Blastoff will be through a PPL associate. The exclusive period for PPL associate to sign up nonassociates has not started yet. There is an associate fee to signup to become a Pre-paid Legal associate. There is not a fee to sign up with Blastoff.

She won't have any problem getting her money back if she so chooses to not to be an associate. All she has to do is contact Pre-Paid legal or have her contact whomever web site she signed up on and they can help her.

For an explanation of the company (Blastoff) details and stores go to the source for your questions. Your asking contractual questions to those who don't have access to that information. Blastoff is Free to join and no one is is promised any amount of money.

If you don't shop= No cash back. If no one makes any purchases in your network = No earnings. If you don't want to join Blastoff= Don't.

Views= 11,653

12,000 by Blastoff..

Last edited by Cornelius : 10-08-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Newbie Member

Who did they pay $72.00 to? Maybe they signed up to be a PPL associate? As far as I know, PPL associates are doing the Beta testing on Blastoff now. The site is not available to the general public till October 26th.[/font]
If you go to Blastoffnetwork.com and try to sign up it will not let you. There is no place to pay.
Now I do believe that they paid someone. But who and for what? If they paid by CC, have them call the Credit Card Company and stop payment. I would be more than happy to help you out in getting the money back. What was the website that your friend went to and paid money to?
If they told your friend it was for Blastoff- they are lying and running a scam. If they are an associate of PPL, they need to be reported to company for violating their contract with PPL. PPL has terminated associates in the past for this exact thing.

I totally agree that some people are using this as a recruiting tool to become an associate of PPL. I totally disagree with this approach and think it is wrong.

Other people I know who have no relationship with PPL, are pre-booking people to sign up under their account. So on the 26th, they will become a member of Blastoff and then tell all of the pre-booked people to logon to their website and signup through them. Again at no cost.

Part of the deal with PPL and the Beta testing, is that between October 12 and the 26th, PPL associates have an exclusive deal to sign people up (for free). At that time you do NOT have any relationship with ppl. The PPL associate would in turn get a % (.042%) of any purchases you made.

Or, October 26th you can go to Blastoffnetworks.com and signup for free. Anyone that visits your homepage can sign up and you would then get a %of their online purchases.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member

From Blastoff founder linkedin webpage
http://www.linkedin.com/in/williamrodgers

Quote:
Bill Rodgersís
Experience * President/CEO Blastoff Network (Internet industry)
October 2006 ó Present (3 years 1 month)
The Blastoff Network is a free and fun online experience where you can save and make money.
While in real world Blastoff website was registered just a year ago. Hm. Somebody is cheating on his resume.

Quote:
Domain Name: BLASTOFFNETWORK.COM
Created on: 08-Aug-08
Expires on: 08-Aug-10
Last Updated on: 27-Jun-09
I also can not find their registration in Texas where they are presumably registered in 2007.

Last edited by BorisZ : 10-08-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Newbie Member

Just an FYI- Microsoft's Bing.com now does the same type cash back deal that Blastoff does. This site is also free. Cash back websites like fatwallet.com have been around since at least 1999. If it is illegal, the FTC is not pursuing it.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkdude View Post
Just an FYI- Microsoft's Bing.com now does the same type cash back deal that Blastoff does. This site is also free. Cash back websites like fatwallet.com have been around since at least 1999. If it is illegal, the FTC is not pursuing it.
Giving cashback is not illegal, but creating MLM out of online shopping mall is a gray legal area.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Newbie Member

Update on Wal-mart. Due people using graphics and videos from the Blastoff website that contained 3rd party logos and traidmarks (in violation of the user agreement), Wal-Mart has temporally pulled the brand from Blastoff's website.

Last edited by parkdude : 10-08-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Correction

Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkdude View Post
bing.com are indeed using a similar system. Difference is they are not decieving people and not using MLM.
Also in a recent press conference about it their projected potential earnings and number of members is LOWER than what people on this thread are projecting BlastOffs potential earnings to be. BlastOff kicking Microsofts ass? I dont think so.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Who cares if main stream media cares. Main stream media isn't going to build my network for me or anyone else.
You may not care, but potential members will.
If mainstream media did endorse such a product, they WILL be effectivly building your network for you.
Mainstream media will not touch this with a barge-pole. Strange, since it is - and again I will quote from the horses mouth - "...the biggest internet launch in the history of the world"

I love this quote.

Dream on.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Blastoff is in a Beta mode, and PPL associates are using it now to work out the issues before it launches publicly.
Funny, PPL associates on here are saying it is so they can get a "leg up" on the competition. Even PPL associates can't all get their stories straight.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nobody will be quitting their job, from the money they will be getting from Blastoff.
You are right, funny since it is marketed as "a life changing business opportunity" by multiple members.

Does this ring ethics to you?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Views= 11,653

12,000 by Blastoff..
I hope its 20,000 views by blastoff. you think anyone in their right mind would sign up after reading this? people arent that stupid.

another thing cornelius - i know you are very keen on the whole "just say no" idea - but this isnt a get out clause.
take for example the recent spate of "chinsese wholesalers" for cheap electronics. they lie to people to get them to buy products, then duly take their money and run. (blastoff lies and misleads to get people to sign up.) Would you consider the excuse "well they didnt have to buy from us. they could have said no" as a viable excuse from these chinese scammers?

No - it isnt an excuse. "just say no" isnt an excuse BlastOff can use if they mislead people into signing up.

Last edited by mumei101 : 10-08-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumei101 View Post
You are right, funny since it is marketed as "a life changing business opportunity" by multiple members.

Does this ring ethics to you?
Have you seen MLM that is not "a life changing business opportunity", "biggest thing ever that hit internet", "has revolutionary compensation plan".

Old 10-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
Have you seen MLM that is not "a life changing business opportunity", "biggest thing ever that hit internet", "has revolutionary compensation plan".
nope i havent. and how many people have had their lives changed from MLMs? uh..not very many.

same old BS, different day.

I saw one of their marketing promos earlier on and it described BlastOffs affiliation with Walmart as a "strategic alliance" - LOL - anyone can enter this "strategic alliance" by clicking - http://affiliates.walmart.com/aff_home.jsp
- joining Walmarts STANDARD affilation program. Hardly groundbreaking or difficult is it?

Oh well, I guess all we're truly missing out on is free radio from AOL....
Oh no, wait - http://music.aol.com/radioguide/bb
- there it is :)

:P

Old 10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/blastoffnetwork.com

Just click on Traffic Stats button. This is very typical of hype machines. They got all their traffic in one day. This can only be achievable by massive flood of ads with hype messages.