report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned

How to Recognize a Religious Scam

Let's see some true emails that people had received and how we can spot that they are scams. In general, notice the tremendous amount of misspellings, poor grammar and run-on sentences. Even if they weren't scams, would you commit business with someone who writes like this?

Mrs. Hiromi George, "Dear Beloved One!!!", "It is my final wish to see this money distributed to charity organizations anywhere in the World in helping human race. Because relatives and friends have plundered so much of my wealth due to my illness, I cannot live with the agony of entrusting this huge responsibility to any of them. Please, I beg you in the name of God to help me Stand-in as the beneficiary to collect the Funds from the Bank.

Mrs. Elinor Jacobs, "I will compensate you with 10% of this money if you will assist me because I am now too weak and fragile to do things myself because of my cancer."

Mrs. Cristy Krossna, i shall give you the relevant documents that will legalize you to have access over this fund.

Mrs. Mabel Shinider Shan, I want a person that is God fearing that will use this money to fund churches, Help for Local Hurricane Victims and the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained.

This is what some of the actual religious scam mails these scam mails are often sent in bulk to no of recipients.

We have been working to rip-off scam in http://www.ripandscam.com/ for past 3 years i am sure our site will provide you enough information regarding scam and methods to overcome these mails.

We also provide you scam checker tool absolutely free for user to check it out the emails or Ph. no. that you suspect to be a scam.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Silver Member

Re: How to Recognize a Religious Scam

If you actually think about it, these are people who by their actions are athiest' or pagans and they are busy trying to take advantage of a religion to steal from people.

So if you use any form of logic; it is a Athiest scam and not a religious scam.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidation View Post
If you actually think about it, these are people who by their actions are athiest' or pagans and they are busy trying to take advantage of a religion to steal from people.

Wow you are so arrogant you have to correct someones post about religioUS SCAM you obviously know the Atheist side EXCEPT YOU MISSPELL THE CORRECTION IDIOT I wonder how many scam atheist emails you have sent out Your lack of tolerance for religious freedom of expression is showing again. dO YOU GET LOTS OF MONEY FROM YOUR SCAMS CONSOLIDATION?

Old 09-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member

You recognize a religious scam the same way you recognize if politicians are lying. Are their lips moving? They're lying.

Anybody who tells you to do anything for "our Lord" or "the Lord" or "God", is scamming you.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Silver Member

Also, in my experience, if someone is asking for or talking about money and finishes with the phrase 'blessings be upon you' or similar, they are crooks. You see a lot of this in MLM promotional literature.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Gold Member

Quote:

Just like the scam of evolution, too!

Old 09-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
Just like the scam of evolution, too!
Hello TerryP, I am not really sure why you have brought this into it?

Isn't there enough threads already discussing the "issue" you have presented?
I am not a creationist so I am not sure of your point, unless you again want to raise yet another thread explaining that Christianities creation story is an explaination that could be understood by the audience of the time and not actually a fact.
There are many religions and most of them promote good ethical behaviour, of course there are historically abhorent actions speckled in with all religions, but they are abuses/weakness' of people and interpretation, not generally in line with the religion's ethos or their God's will.
I suppose Atheism itself is a form of faith and if this is the context you are presenting; then I would probably agree with you, if you meant atheist hiding behind unheld faith to elict monies.

I feel sorry that Doojie and Robot36 feel that way, and can understand where they are coming from (as some false religious persons / aithiests hide behind a established tradition of religion to extort money), but really it seems to be predominantly non-religious people pretending to be representing a mainstream religion that conduct most scams.

One case in point is on the Charity threads at the moment - pretend masonic templars OSMTH stealing from the public using a real christian organizations charity number.

asmotj/James of the OSMTH, please stop stalking me unless you are going to answer the thread theme please. I do find it funny that a self confessed member of an exposed fraud is a senior member here. lmao.

It became so bad the charity cancelled its charity number rather than put up with any more "so called Christians" frauds using it and now they just refer people to major credible charity sites.

Thus, I queried if it really was proper to term them as religious scams. In my understanding they are actually aethiest scams trading on an established reputation.

It seems a pity to me that many posters here seem jaded and have catagorised all religion as unworthy, when so many great projects both worldwide and locally are conducted by religious groups every single minute on every scale.

I admit the abundance of african origin emails asking for dubious donations is shocking!

I would be very interested in hearing other informed points of veiw.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Silver Member

ok conso ....

regardless of your position on "things" now .... how do you think it all started?

Did life suddenly appear out of absolutely nothing? If this universe arrived on the scene via a *boink* out of absolutely NOTHING, why does science say that it is impossible?

SCIENCE and LOGIC say that you can not get something out of nothing...

nothing produces nothing .....

SOMETHING produces something <- SCIENCE _AND_ LOGIC

Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Silver Member

Not all Christians are opposed to evolution. I don't believe in ghosts either, or ufo's(although statistically i am most likely to be wrong there).

I do however have a deep faith and believe in the Christian God if that is what you are asking?

I also have faith in many aspects of the big bang theorums.

They are not mutually incompatible.

I have never not believed in evolution and aways interpreted creation was a way to explain to the people of the time.

I thought I made that pretty clear.

My point was; there are enough threads on that particular issue for the same old science v creation gang here to play with, why do we need dozens of threads on the same thing? It is boring and was done too death decades ago.

It is also just plain wrong to claim all religions hold creation as a truth. Some zealots in some religions do. The most vocal being a few churches and religions based in the Northern America's.

Even stagnant christian religions like Catholicism have researched it and found evolution compatible with faith, here is some of the hundreds of sites on it.
Can we move on please?
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4757698

outlines the hundred or so years the Vatican has stated evolution is not incompatible with faith.

Even more supportive are indiviual Cardinal statements such as:

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...ticanview.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5705331.ece

My main point is that this thread uses religion not Christianity in its title.

Back on track, it is my opinion that (for this forum's apparent demographic) the culprits are all too often aethist pretending to be Christians (and I acknowledged that some may veiw aethisim as a religion).

Any thoughts on the topic of aethism as a religion?

I also wonder if science could be called the new-age religion?

A great deal of contemporary literature would seem to proport/support it.

Lastly and I couldnt resist sorry if as you say" nothing produces nothing " and you are applying noether's theorum or 1st law of thermodynamics ; then how did the universe begin, not just this bang but intially?
Explain how the 4 initial forces were combined to produce the intial big bang without the throw away line "because it was always there" as we know the universe has an age.

Sound familiar, just like the church saying, just believe me!

The Church was and remains scientific supporters, persecutors and editors over the past couple of thousand years remember.

The Bible and Testaments are Interpretations of God's teaching, (lessons which must be comprehended as per the context they were written for)not anything else.

It is actually a recent thing for there to be a seperation between church and science, and thank God there is!

As a parting thought, before we get back on track ; Imagine the latest and greatest scientific experiment Hadron is looking for the "God" particle, funny isnt it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malchediel View Post
ok conso ....

regardless of your position on "things" now .... how do you think it all started?

Did life suddenly appear out of absolutely nothing? If this universe arrived on the scene via a *boink* out of absolutely NOTHING, why does science say that it is impossible?

SCIENCE and LOGIC say that you can not get something out of nothing...

nothing produces nothing .....

SOMETHING produces something <- SCIENCE _AND_ LOGIC

Last edited by consolidation : 10-02-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Silver Member

I'll reply, but i don't want to "quote" every piece, so 'll post in bold.

Quote:
Not all Christians are opposed to evolution. I don't believe in ghosts either, or ufo's(although statistically i am most likely to be wrong there).

well, considering that anything in the sky you can't identify would be considered a ufo, what's your point? As for ghosts, and the many who claim to have seen them and those who have had to move because of them, what would you say they are?

I do however have a deep faith and believe in the Christian God if that is what you are asking?

yep, I was asking that.

I also have faith in many aspects of the big bang theorums.
They are not mutually incompatible.

really!??! how not? either God created ... or He did not. either He created as He said or He did not. you can't sit on the fence and cherry pick. God made it like He said He did or He is a liar.

I have never not believed in evolution and aways interpreted creation was a way to explain to the people of the time.
I thought I made that pretty clear.

so you believe that evolution explains it. and from that you pick and chose what to believe about God and His word? So, if you can pick and chose what and how to believe, then what makes what you chose better than the rest? You are making your own theology... or following that of others before you. Honestly, for example - you can't have God makes it all in 6 and say what He did on 4 explains it and throw all the rest away. Well, I suppose you could but then that backs up what I'm saying about your theology - you cherry pick to fit YOUR ideals.

My point was; there are enough threads on that particular issue for the same old science v creation gang here to play with, why do we need dozens of threads on the same thing? It is boring and was done too death decades ago.

Well, I don't know. maybe new people reading over the forum. perhaps those who believe in God want to make sure that visiting folks see the other side?

It is also just plain wrong to claim all religions hold creation as a truth. Some zealots in some religions do. The most vocal being a few churches and religions based in the Northern America's.

i'm not here to defend or talk about other religions. but you are wrong in regards to the Christian faith and the Jewish faith for that matter. Both hold that God created it all .. now you may have some WITHIN that faith who want to step out and say their own thing, but to say the faith itself (i'm guessing you are pointing at denominations) and what it is based on is not creation is wrong.

Even stagnant christian religions like Catholicism have researched it and found evolution compatible with faith, here is some of the hundreds of sites on it.
Can we move on please?
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4757698

lots of folks point to the catholics -- and claim "they say it's a-ok". but as far as catholics go...these are the same people that tell you to pray to saints, that Mary is a perpetual virgin, the Christ is continually on the cross for us, etc... So, anything they have to say about anything is questionable to me and many others. Basically, what i'm telling you - it DOESN'T matter WHAT THEY say. So yes,can we move on please....

outlines the hundred or so years the Vatican has stated evolution is not incompatible with faith.

which tells you what you need to know about their faith in God.

Even more supportive are indiviual Cardinal statements such as:
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...ticanview.html
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5705331.ece

didn't you just say "lets move on please"? but really, i don't care what catholics say and condone and many people don't either.

My main point is that this thread uses religion not Christianity in its title.

yet it attacks Christianity.... not "religion". if it did attack religion "in general" wouldn't you expect more discussion about the muslim faith? it seems to center solely on the Christian faith.

Back on track, it is my opinion that (for this forum's apparent demographic) the culprits are all too often aethist pretending to be Christians (and I acknowledged that some may veiw aethisim as a religion).

yet, you cite catholics as a rebuttal. if you have actually taken the time to read over this forum, you will see the atheists are in a group all their own. c'mon now, you can't honestly believe the dogmatist theories taught to atheists doesn't amount to a religion all of it's own!? can you? hell, they have their own unique glassed eye responses

Any thoughts on the topic of aethism as a religion?
I also wonder if science could be called the new-age religion?
A great deal of contemporary literature would seem to proport/support it.

I believe that if you give an honest look, you will see science/atheism as a religion.

Lastly and I couldnt resist sorry if as you say" nothing produces nothing " and you are applying noether's theorum or 1st law of thermodynamics ; then how did the universe begin, not just this bang but intially?
Explain how the 4 initial forces were combined to produce the intial big bang without the throw away line "because it was always there" as we know the universe has an age.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to confuse you. I was asking those who don't believe in God to explain it. You see, God is smarter than noether and God created thermodynamics. I'm asking you,without a God, to explain the 4 initial forces combining to produce the bang...

Again, sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you.... YOU tell me how it happened out of nothing (which defies science and logic)

Sound familiar, just like the church saying, just believe me!

Yeah, but my God explains it...what's yours do? Does he explain how it happened? Let me know and please, explain it

The Church was and remains scientific supporters, persecutors and editors over the past couple of thousand years remember.

you see,i think you are stuck on catholics as your defining point of "Church".... as for persecutors..... there were many folks killed, jailed, etc.. by the catholics for not believing the way they did

The Bible and Testaments are Interpretations of God's teaching, (lessons which must be comprehended as per the context they were written for)not anything else.

they were written by men influenced by the Holy Spirit as instruction to all. Why do you resist that?

It is actually a recent thing for there to be a seperation between church and science, and thank God there is!

sure.. that's fine... there is no conflict between God and science. He created science, the only time conflict arises is when men want to say something different than what God has said --- remember, no matter how noble, these men are there to point our their own beliefs but when you break it down and look .... there is no problem.

As a parting thought, before we get back on track ; Imagine the latest and greatest scientific experiment Hadron is looking for the "God" particle, funny isnt it!
I was wondering, you kept talking about "on track" and you continued to talk about whatever. Yeah that is funny ... imagine, God looking at hadron thinking "oof... another one". funny isnt it

Old 10-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Platinum Member

Umm... what "four initial forces" are those you're talking abot, Consolidation?

If you mean the strong nuclear, weak nuclear, electromagnetic, and gravity, they aren't initially separate things. Electromagnetism and the weak force are two aspects of the same physics, with a broken symmetry at Earth's range of temperatures. Electromagnetism again breaks into multiple parts as zero degrees Kelvin is approached, resulting in the phenomenon of superconductivity.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
Umm... what "four initial forces" are those you're talking abot, Consolidation?

If you mean the strong nuclear, weak nuclear, electromagnetic, and gravity, they aren't initially separate things. Electromagnetism and the weak force are two aspects of the same physics, with a broken symmetry at Earth's range of temperatures. Electromagnetism again breaks into multiple parts as zero degrees Kelvin is approached, resulting in the phenomenon of superconductivity.
Yes , of course you are right within the specific parameters you have highlighted, but these are the 4 "powers" that according to the bb theorum ; combined their efforts to escape the hold of the initial black hole.

Anyway as Md said, I am wandering off topic, sorry. I seem to have confused him as he seems to think I am non-religious and support the current version of the bb theorum.
Md you seem very strong in your faith and ideals. Great ! My faith is also strong.
My initial thought was to show that Christianity and the vast majority of religions do not require literal interpretations of the Bible and Testaments or teachings; Just the message behind the passages.
I used a common one (Catholicism) as an example because it is often misinterpreted as it has been on this forum many times and is one of the largest religions, I dont think it appropriate to just dismiss it as you seem to advise.

Md, I do not think you agree with anything but literal interpretations(and also strangely ghosts, big contradiction for Jewish faith isnt it?, I am not sure and just asking! ) from the writings here, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that issue.

Last edited by consolidation : 10-02-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

f you receive a call from this number or any group that claims to represent an organization, take down their information, including the contact's name, phone number, etc. Do NOT give them any personal or financial information, especially not a credit card, checking or bank account number, passport number, etc. Next, look up the direct phone or email address for the person, group or organization they claim to represent and call them , as we did. Ask them if this group represents them. In some cases, they may well be legitimate, but you won't know if you don't check on them first.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michalelclerk View Post
f you receive a call from this number or any group that claims to represent an organization, take down their information, including the contact's name, phone number, etc. Do NOT give them any personal or financial information, especially not a credit card, checking or bank account number, passport number, etc. Next, look up the direct phone or email address for the person, group or organization they claim to represent and call them , as we did. Ask them if this group represents them. In some cases, they may well be legitimate, but you won't know if you don't check on them first.
good advice for everyone!
Thanks, this is true in any dealing where a transaction is sought of any kind.