report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 03:18 PM
U.S.A. #1

down memory lane

Do you remember 1987.......

Thought you
Might be interested in this forgotten bit of
Information..........

It was 1987!
At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of

Lt. Col.. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the

third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a

senator; 'Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?'

Ollie replied, 'Yes, I did, Sir.'

The senator

continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, 'Isn't that just a little excessive?'

'No, sir,' continued Ollie.

'No? And why not?' the

senator asked.

'Because the lives of my family and I were threatened,

sir.'

'Threatened? By whom?' the senator questioned.

'By a

terrorist, sir' Ollie answered.

'Terrorist? What terrorist could

possibly scare you that much?'

'His name is Osama bin Laden, sir' Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but

couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't.... A coupleof people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you soafraid of this man?' the senator asked.

'Because, sir, he is the most

evil person alive that I know of', Ollie answered.

'And

what do you recommend we do about him?' asked the senator.

'Well, sir,

if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth.'

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

;
Bythe way, that senator was Al Gore!

Also:

Terrorist

pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israelin 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestini and in 1993, Israel had to agree to releaseso-called 'political prisoners.'

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton,
And his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, 'insisted' that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked us by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade
Center ... This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.
It was censored in the US from all later reports.

If

you agree that the American public should be made aware of this fact, pass thison.
Do

Not Break - it is 6 years strong

This is why I always say I love YOU....

This has not been broken since 9/11/01, please
Keep it going...
This has been kept alive and moving since 9/11. In memory of
All those who perished this morning; the passengers and the pilots on the
United Air and AA flights, the workers in the World Trade Center and the
Pentagon, and all the innocent bystanders. Our prayers go out to the friends and
Families of the deceased.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: down memory lane

Hey Old Timer, how ya doin. I know you meant well by posting this but I'm afraid none of it is actually true. You can find the truth of the matter here:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp

Old 09-11-2009, 04:16 PM
"Get in the Xone..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirussell View Post
Hey Old Timer, how ya doin. I know you meant well by posting this but I'm afraid none of it is actually true. You can find the truth of the matter here:

Snopes.com..... husband and wife, lefter than left liberal pieces of crap...

They don't provide the 100% truth...they provide what is politically expedient to the liberal dems...IMHO...

Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassifiedXone View Post
Snopes.com..... husband and wife, lefter than left liberal pieces of crap...

They don't provide the 100% truth...they provide what is politically expedient to the liberal dems...IMHO...
My apologies for the source. This one gets you directly to the letter from Ollie explaining that the chain email was not accurate. If I am wrong please let me know. I would love for this to be true but unfortunately it's not.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/gi/dyn...5FResponse.pdf

Here is how the letter starts...

A COPY OF ONE OF THOSE E-MAILS IS ATTACHED BELOW. AS YOU WILL
NOTE, THE ORIGINATOR ATTRIBUTES TO ME CERTAIN STATEMENTS REGARDING
USAMA BIN LADEN AND OTHER MATTERS THAT ARE SIMPLY INACCURATE.
THOUGH I WOULD LIKE TO CLAIM THE GIFT OF PROPHESY, I
DON'T HAVE IT.

Last edited by cirussell : 09-11-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:30 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:

Thanks for the input. I was just passing it along. Unfortunatly I never think to check things like that out. My apologies to the forum. Nothing disrespectful meant. See what happens when you don't think.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
Thanks for the input. I was just passing it along. Unfortunatly I never think to check things like that out. My apologies to the forum. Nothing disrespectful meant. See what happens when you don't think.
Lol. OT, you've been away from the political forum too long. An inaccurate email is probably the least disrespectful thing anyone's posted here recently.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post
Lol. OT, you've been away from the political forum too long. An inaccurate email is probably the least disrespectful thing anyone's posted here recently.
You have to admit it's refreshing to have a few people like OT around who actually have a little class.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:08 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
You have to admit it's refreshing to have a few people like OT around who actually have a little class.
Absolutely. This place is too full of people convinced of their own infallibility.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:47 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:

mind is always easily controled by other people's words.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israelin 1986.
Someone needs to seriously do a fact check before posting such bull shit.

Atta was born in 1968, which means he was 18 supposedly. Well he wasn't in Israel in 1986 nor was he in prison as is noted on his biography...

Quote:
When Atta was ten, his family moved to the Cairo neighborhood of Abdeen, located near the center of the city. Atta's father continued to keep the family private, restricting Atta from socializing with other kids in the neighborhood. Instead, he spent most of his time at home studying, and performed well in his studies.[9][10] In 1985, Atta entered Cairo University, where he studied engineering. As one of the highest-scoring students, Atta was admitted into the very selective architecture program during his senior year. In addition to his regular courses, Atta studied English at the American University in Cairo.[11] In 1990, Atta graduated with a degree in architecture.[12] For several months after graduating, Atta worked at the Urban Development Center in Cairo, where he worked on architectural, planning, and building design.[13] After he graduated, Atta also studied German at the Goethe-Institut in Cairo.[14] In 1990, Atta's family moved into an 11th floor apartment in Giza.[12][15]
So please....don't post any more stuff unless you fact check it?

Old 09-14-2009, 07:28 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
Someone needs to seriously do a fact check before posting such bull shit.

Atta was born in 1968, which means he was 18 supposedly. Well he wasn't in Israel in 1986 nor was he in prison as is noted on his biography...

So please....don't post any more stuff unless you fact check it?
And someone really needs to read the above posts to see that it was duly noted that I did in fact forget to check it.

Kindly keep your BS remarks to yourself if you will. If you are trying to make a name for yourself here as some kind of big important know it all you are a day late and a dollar short.

So in closing please remember have the right to post what I want and when I want, checked or not. I have never said I was perfect.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Kindly keep your BS remarks to yourself if you will. If you are trying to make a name for yourself here as some kind of big important know it all you are a day late and a dollar short.
My appologies.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
My appologies.
Apology accepted. Here is to continuing on in a friendlier atmosphere between us.