report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Newbie Member

Lockerz.com

Anyone here of this site?

Lockerz.com

Quote:
1. What is Lockerz: Lockerz is an invitation-only website created to connect members through commerce, content and community. Watch exclusive video, discover new music, play games, connect with friends, and get rewarded for it. The more often you visit, the more opportunities you have to earn PTZ (or “Pointz”), Lockerz’ own form of currency. Lockerz was founded in March, 2009.

2. What types of products can be purchased at Lockerz: Members will be able to purchase a wide range of products from apparel, accessories, electronics, games, sports equipment and other products from hundreds of well known brands. Members will also be able to purchase digital assets such as music, videos, art, and decals.

3. Is Lockerz a scam: Lockerz is a real company. It is funded by Liberty Media, one of the largest media companies in the US. The Chief Executive Officer of Lockerz is Kathy Savitt, a former executive at Amazon.com and American Eagle Outfitters.

4. Why is Lockerz giving away prizes at low levels on PTZ Place: First, we just want to thank you for getting involved at the very beginning. You rock. Plus, you’re helping us build the coolest group of brand trendsetters every time you invite friends to Lockerz...but you probably knew that. And finally, we want you to try out the different PTZ levels to get a taste of how everything will work when we go live this fall. This version of the PTZ Place is a test for us to figure out what you like, what we like, and how together we can make Lockerz unbelievable when it officially launches.

5. Why is everything “Fresh Out” in PTZ Place: We are “fresh out” because the overwhelming early response to Lockerz blew right through our initial inventory. We will re-stock PTZ Place with new items starting this Friday, August 14.

6. Why aren’t people receiving invites: The overwhelming early response to Lockerz has occasionally maxed out our capacity to send email invitations. We are still in a beta learning phase. We are adding capacity every day. You should now be able to send and receive invites successfully. Invites that you already entered into the system should have been sent by now. You still may not be able to invite friends directly through Facebook. We are working really hard to fix that fast.

7. Will Lockerz ship internationally: Once Lockerz begins selling products this fall, we will ship to many countries outside the US (check back at launch time for a complete list).

8. When will I get my Z-List t-shirt: Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.

9. How many accounts can I have: Members are entitled to one account per person. Each person within a household can have their own account.

10. I want to play the game again, but can’t: The game is a one-time-only way to earn bonus PTZ when you first join Lockerz.

11. How will Lockerz make money: Starting this fall, you will be able to purchase products at Lockerz. But don’t worry, PTZ Place will still be around, with way more prizes and experiences than there are now. Members will be able to earn PTZ every time they buy, watch, play, share, invite friends, or simply show up on Lockerz. PTZ will be redeemable for both products and experiences.

12. When will Lockerz launch: Lockerz is launching in stages. PTZ Place, Lockerz’ Prize Redemption Center, is now live. Other components will be launched soon. The complete site will be launched this fall.
I do have some invites, so if some of you are brave enough to try it, pm.

What do you guys think?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Lockerz.com

Every time website claims it is not scam, there is overwhelming chance it is a scam.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

1. hasn't launched yet. there is nothing to comment on.
2. its an opt-in mailing list. (spam invite)

Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Newbie Member

I thought it would be different because the CEO of Lockerz was the the Vice President of Amazon.com and the CMO of American Eagle and they are backed by Liberty Media.

But I will do more research into this.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Silver Member

as mumbles stated, I think it might be a spam invite, too. I would suggest staying away until it is up for a little while. If it's a scam chances are someone will say something within a couple of months.

Just be cautious of it right now.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver93350 View Post
as mumbles stated, I think it might be a spam invite, too. I would suggest staying away until it is up for a little while. If it's a scam chances are someone will say something within a couple of months.

Just be cautious of it right now.
Thanks for your wisdom. I'll follow it.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.longe View Post
I thought it would be different because the CEO of Lockerz was the the Vice President of Amazon.com and the CMO of American Eagle and they are backed by Liberty Media.

But I will do more research into this.
Hi guys - I'm actually helping Lockerz out at the moment and they are in fact a legitimate site. Remember, the site is still in the pre-launch phase - you'll be able to experience a lot more when the full site launches this fall. You can always ask questions via Twitter (http://twitter.com/Lockerz) or through email (info@lockerz.com). Their FAQ (posted above) also has a lot of good info: http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=80976158596. Or you can just reply to this thread and I will try to get you answers :)

Old 08-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Newbie Member

So who wants to try out this site?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

If you're interested in trying it out, go to [No Affiliate Referral Links in Posts, Please.] for an invite

Last edited by Hopeful Cynic : 11-28-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I hate to bump this. But I'm wondering how the hell could this possibly be a scam?

I mean, one could say it's a Pyramid scheme, but doesn't that usually involve money or credit card numbers? I see no profit in this if this was a scam since it's all point based. And people even have youtube videos and pictures of getting product from them.

Could this really be legit? Can someone point out a way that this could be a scam?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Newbie Member

like any other "beta" websites, this one is just collecting signups and information. the more they get the more advertisers they can attract when they finally launch their business.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Newbie Member

Hey guys I know this my first post but I promise I'm not a spammer :)

So, lockerz, it's a scam. This site I found named http://www.lockerz-scam.com proves it's a scam. They give screenshots, proofs, theories, and more. I'm pretty confident in this site as it gives a lot of content.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have had a very bad experience with lockerz.com trying to redeem my PTZ. I wanted to get PSP, but each time I tried to redeem it, the item was out of stock. I wasted so many hours and got very frustrated. I started to do my own research to see and understand what is really going on with all that lockerz.com. I read many articles, saw youtube videos, and read many posts on some forums. Then I came across the site : www.lockerz-scam.com and read it thoroughly. I simply could not believe what I read, but apparently the site clearly shows and proves lockerz.com is a total scam. It is just unbelievable how others pull millions of people into scam, wasting their time for their own profit. We have to be proactive now and spread the truth, so people understand this is simply a scam.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateAtLockerz View Post
Hi guys - I'm actually helping Lockerz out at the moment and they are in fact a legitimate site. Remember, the site is still in the pre-launch phase - you'll be able to experience a lot more when the full site launches this fall. You can always ask questions via Twitter (http://twitter.com/Lockerz) or through email (info@lockerz.com). Their FAQ (posted above) also has a lot of good info: http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=80976158596. Or you can just reply to this thread and I will try to get you answers :)

Why would anyone want to go to your twitter and ask questions? It is obvious lockerz.com is a scam. I have done my research and I know what this is all about.
Find proof at: www.lockerz-scam.com

Old 11-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Newbie Member

they are not a scam. they just have a poor business plan where their site has less power than the amount of users it can handle. at the moment it's in beta invite-only, and since the cost of prizes is low, they can't give out an unlimited amount, or it will be abused. they have it on first come first serve right now.

once the site starts up officially, they'll be raising the prices of all of the items, and they'll have constant supplies of items available as stated on their website (i believe it was on their facebook page). so for those who are angry (as the two gentlemen above who are spamming their own site for referrals) that they couldn't get their greedy hands on prizes: don't worry, once the site goes live, they'll have an unlimited amount of things for you to redeem, but at a higher cost than now.

Last edited by be_nice : 11-26-2009 at 07:16 AM.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_nice View Post
they are not a scam. they just have a poor business plan where their site has less power than the amount of users it can handle. at the moment it's in beta invite-only, and since the cost of prizes is low, they can't give out an unlimited amount, or it will be abused. they have it on first come first serve right now.

once the site starts up officially, they'll be raising the prices of all of the items, and they'll have constant supplies of items available as stated on their website (i believe it was on their facebook page). so for those who are angry (as the two gentlemen above who are spamming their own site for referrals) that they couldn't get their greedy hands on prizes: don't worry, once the site goes live, they'll have an unlimited amount of things for you to redeem, but at a higher cost than now.
I'm inclined to agree with be_nice, there's too much "meat" here to be a simple scam. The CEO has ties to amazon.com and the website is hosted on amazon web services. I'm not saying they're affiliated with amazon.com but if they were a cheap little fly by night outfit, why not use an anonymous website registration service, like the lockerz-scam.com people did?

Speaking of lockerz-scam.com, hey I admire the spirit of enquiry and the desire to expose fraud but they need to learn the difference between an unfounded allegation and a rational argument. Their arguments would also seem more sympathetic if their site wasn't blistered with cashcrate referral links.

The youtube video on that site, while well intentioned was laughable. Yes, Lockerz currently has no BBB file, a best practices suggestion to the folks at Lockerz, call the BBB and get listed. But they are a registered LLC. in Pennsylvania (Entity Number:3871580). Lockerz uses Dotcom Distributors Inc. in New Jersey as a drop shipper, this explains the "huge" warehouse. If warehousing and shipping, web hosting and services are all outsourced, it isn't too hard to see how a start up company can get by with 12 employees.

I am in no way claiming Lockerz is a good company to do buisness with, they obviously are having some problems and customer service issues. I'm not endorsing them in any way other than to say that so far nothing in this thread and certainly nothing on that cashcrate affiliate link pimping lockerz-scam website rises to any level of proof that it is a scam.

That can of course change with new information.

Last edited by Hopeful Cynic : 11-26-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Newbie Member

Hopeful Cynic, I just watched that video too, and it was indeed laughable. An "internet detective" trying to figure something out by checking through outdated public records. He then tries to tie a warehouse directly to Lockerz. There are many companies who ship from warehouses that aren't listed with their names. I don't even want to bother discussing that video any further. There's also a post on the lockerz scam forum which pretty much debunks the lockerz scam site itself as being a scam, and here it is:

Quote:
Here's the story (or thought process) behind this website, and what it's
all about:

So let's say I'm a person that recently joined a more "reliable" points
site than that "other site" (meaning one that doesn't run out of prizes
fast), and I want to obtain points as soon as possible. How can I do this?
Through referrals.

Now I just need to figure out how to obtain these referrals in the least
amount of time possible. After all, the faster I obtain these referrals,
the more points I'll get, and the quicker I can get the items I desire
before the company goes out of business. So how can I do this?
I know! I'll bad-mouth the "other site" where the prizes are always out of
stock, and use scare tactics to get people to leave "them" for the more
"reliable" company. I'll start a website where I'll cook up a story that
the "other site" is a scam, and that they paid people to spam their site
all over the web and claim that they are real. Meanwhile I'll casually
place a few banners on my site linking to my the sites which I want
referrals to, and tell people that this is the "legitimate" alternative to
the "other site".

Now I'll just optimize this site's CEO features, and go spam it on the
"other site's" facebook page (since it has so many members) along with a
few other sites to "raise awareness" or in other words - create trackback
links. Since majority of the "other site's" fans on the facebook page are
more than likely very young, chances are that they'll believe anything I'll
tell them. And since this site's niche isn't too saturated, we'll get a
good Alexa rating with lots of hits from sites like Google. After all, the
more trackback links my site has, the closer it will be to the first page
on the search engines.

Now, back to the alternatives - after these people have been scared out of
their socks by reading the stories I've made up, I'll drop a single, short
paragraph saying how there's an "alternative and reliable solution". I'll
just mention what these alternatives are, and hope (remember, these readers
are young and most likely greedy, so they'll probably jump on the new
bandwagon fast) that they'll sign up for my referrals.
Checkmate! I have just figured out how to exploit people whose intelligence
is less-than-average. Now I'll just sit back, and reap the fruits of my
labor, or simply put - accumulate referrals and points.
They have no proof whatsoever. All they posted was that some people couldn't get their prizes because it's first come first serve, and the servers got overloaded. Therefore it's a scam.

Give me a break. The two guys above my first post in this thread (or maybe it's just one guy with multiple accounts) are here simply to spam their site, as you can tell when you go to their forums, one of them is a member there who tries to get people to side with him through some childish remarks.

Last edited by be_nice : 11-26-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Newbie Member

lockerz-scam [dot] com is in itself a scam.

A little background:

Lockerz is a website which currently gives out prizes for people who accumulate points. At the moment it's in beta, so those who are testing get to obtain things at a lower cost. Because of this, they have limited amounts (so they don't run out of spending money, and to test the servers and overall software out) of items to give out. When they do restock on items once a month, they give them out on a first come first serve basis (early bird gets the worm).

Lockerz-Scam's purpose is to expose lockerz.com as being a scam site. Unfortunately for them there are people out there who are smarter than they are. If you go to their website, it contains a bunch of baseless posts as to why Lockerz is a scam, and then all the way at the bottom of the site they give people an alternative solution - to sign up under their referral for other "get points per referral" sites. Additionally they also have several referral links spread throughout their website.

When confronted with this matter, the site's owner gave me a short reply by saying that they do this to pay for the cost to run the site. A little domain whois chick reveals that they run on FatCow hosting which costs under $70/year and includes a free domain, unlimited space and bandwidth.

I then proceeded to debunk every one of the points mentioned on his site, to which he replied with: "I don't have time for this, you're just jealous of my website", after which he banned my account (or deleted it since it says it doesn't exist), and deleted my post. I also suspect that there are several accounts on their forum which all belong to the site's owner in order to make the thing look more legitimate by posting affirmations to what the administrator posts.

So to conclude - Those who are looking to find legitimate info on whether Lockerz is real or a scam should stay away from lockerz-scam [dot] com, because it in itself is a scam with a purpose to drum up referral sign-ups for other similar sites as Lockerz.

Last edited by be_nice : 11-26-2009 at 06:33 PM.