report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #19  
Old 08-09-2009, 12:27 PM
doojie's Avatar
doojie doojie is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,349
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
People are often drawn to that which is bad for them, be that relationships, diet, drugs, etc.

You name it.

If it is destructive for us, we will be drawn to it.

YWFT
I heard about a study that said teen-agers didn't risk their lives because they felt invulnerable. They did it because they figured they'd be dead before they were 35 anyway.

If they did live beyond that age, they didn't really see the point of it, as the study said.

I was drafted in 1968. I figured I'd be dead before I was 20. Now I have to make plans into old age, and it sucks.

Anybody want to send an old man a dollar?


Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 08-11-2009, 03:06 AM
reentry reentry is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 534
Re: Moral question?

The forward thinking call it a pension and if you were drafted you usually have one....are you for real or are you joking about your service...don't they have vet pensions there?

Also it is great to see some people understand the difference between law and morals...and the rationale behind each.

Unfortunately morals are absent in animals, that is not a rationale for the adoption of this strategy / ethos in mankind...following primal urges( usually preceded or nurtured by ignorance) is the first recourse of the stupid in any educated opinion.( normally I would limit my response to my own opinion but I feel safe in saying this .. on this subject)

PS. "I heard about a study that said"...does not qualify something as true and I have never heard of anything as silly as this being reviewed...I have looked using quite a few key words...Nada....I would be interested in this study because of my line of employment...Title please or keywords?


Quote:
Originally Posted by doojie View Post
I heard about a study that said teen-agers didn't risk their lives because they felt invulnerable. They did it because they figured they'd be dead before they were 35 anyway.

If they did live beyond that age, they didn't really see the point of it, as the study said.

I was drafted in 1968. I figured I'd be dead before I was 20. Now I have to make plans into old age, and it sucks.

Anybody want to send an old man a dollar?


Last edited by reentry : 08-11-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 08-11-2009, 04:54 AM
lamet lamet is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11
Re: Moral question?

the question that I have for the poster - in your example of a small town with high unemployment -

Where exactly is the money coming from to pay for this type of gambling? These people can barely get by on what little if any money is coming in. They are probably receiving welfare and food stamps.

Which is more important RENT, FOOD, CHILDREN or the right to gamble???

As far as cruelty to animals - those who abuse animals also have a tendency to abuse their families! That includes those that would bet on a sport that is PURELY Animal abuse.



Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 08-11-2009, 05:04 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Well said.

I think that homo sapien is predisposed toward aggressoin or violence, in one form or another.

The media is awash with scenes of violence, killing, and torture, be they real or fictional, the image of violence plays a large part, in everyone's life.

But even before those days, man just found other ways to get their fix of violence, so all that has really changed has been the method.
In that case, we should televise gladiator fights to teh death using death row inmates... Just think of the ratings! and surely violence will go down as we'll get our fix on television, right?
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 08-11-2009, 05:11 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamet View Post
the question that I have for the poster - in your example of a small town with high unemployment -

Where exactly is the money coming from to pay for this type of gambling? These people can barely get by on what little if any money is coming in. They are probably receiving welfare and food stamps.

Which is more important RENT, FOOD, CHILDREN or the right to gamble???

As far as cruelty to animals - those who abuse animals also have a tendency to abuse their families! That includes those that would bet on a sport that is PURELY Animal abuse.
Further on that, there is a difference between killing for food and torturing to death for pleasure.

When they kill a chicken to make food, it is as quick and as painless as possible. This is supposed to be highly regulated.

There are some people who get enjoyment from this killing and some videos of people who are torturing the animals before they get slaughtered on the internet, but this is not the intention of the slaughterhouses.

I think hunting should be done in such a way as to make sure it dies with as little pain as possible, but we still need to eat!
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 08-11-2009, 07:29 AM
doojie's Avatar
doojie doojie is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,349
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
PS. "I heard about a study that said"...does not qualify something as true and I have never heard of anything as silly as this being reviewed...I have looked using quite a few key words...Nada....I would be interested in this study because of my line of employment...Title please or keywords?
I heard it quite by accident on one of those John Tesh canned radio broadcasts. You might find it somewhere in his stuff, if you know where to look.

Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 08-11-2009, 02:19 PM
kazza's Avatar
kazza kazza is offline
ɹǝpun uʍop
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,363
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reentry View Post
following primal urges( usually preceded or nurtured by ignorance) is the first recourse of the stupid in any educated opinion.( normally I would limit my response to my own opinion but I feel safe in saying this .. on this subject)
I think that depends on which primal urges you are talking about. I mention this only because of the opinion, common amongst intellectuals in the early part of last century, that sex was a debasing primal act that only should only be tolerated and never enjoyed.

Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 08-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamet View Post
As far as cruelty to animals - those who abuse animals also have a tendency to abuse their families! That includes those that would bet on a sport that is PURELY Animal abuse.
There is some evidence to link this, you are right.

Tell me. Do you find this esp offensive?



http://www.japanesebugfights.com/
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 08-11-2009, 06:17 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,920
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamet View Post
the question that I have for the poster - in your example of a small town with high unemployment -

Where exactly is the money coming from to pay for this type of gambling? These people can barely get by on what little if any money is coming in. They are probably receiving welfare and food stamps.

Which is more important RENT, FOOD, CHILDREN or the right to gamble???

As far as cruelty to animals - those who abuse animals also have a tendency to abuse their families! That includes those that would bet on a sport that is PURELY Animal abuse.
think of high/educated/scientific/religious society as a type of hope for all!? when that becomes too distant/unbelievable/unreachable, then anything for self entertainment goes!?
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
reentry reentry is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 534
Re: Moral question?

True I was talking of current thinking.

That it has gone in and out of popularity is fact and the timing varies acording to the dominant religion...it as never been correct though..
I was trying just to make the statement limited by todays standards...in your country I think it's the RSPCA that sets the line for the houses to consider implementing ( sorry for any confusion)...etc..

It was popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post
I think that depends on which primal urges you are talking about. I mention this only because of the opinion, common amongst intellectuals in the early part of last century, that sex was a debasing primal act that only should only be tolerated and never enjoyed.


Last edited by reentry : 08-11-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 AM
asmotj's Avatar
asmotj asmotj is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 368
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reentry View Post
I have every right to object...it is called free speech..
the politicians make law....judges adjudicate on it and their decisions reflect the elevated/depressed moral heirachy of the day ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by reentry View Post
I know you are right!

It is exactly what I am trying to highlight...

I will shut up about it now...
Good try again no proof of illegal activity...

Post the names on the Charter for the defunct SCO37940.

c'mon present all the evidence because you know as soon as you do the entire world will see what a pathetic attempt at slander your post it.

Post the names on the Charter for the defunct SCO37940

Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 08-12-2009, 07:40 AM
reentry reentry is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 534
Re: Moral question?

More out of context quotes... off topic...Yeah! I have another stalker...look how important I am to this fool...
Just try to keep it to the right thread though...
Remember the Charity threads...you should meet PWRONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmotj View Post
Good try again no proof of illegal activity...

Post the names on the Charter for the defunct SCO37940.

c'mon present all the evidence because you know as soon as you do the entire world will see what a pathetic attempt at slander your post it.

Post the names on the Charter for the defunct SCO37940
IT WAS OCMTH...BTW

Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 08-12-2009, 07:46 AM
asmotj's Avatar
asmotj asmotj is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 368
Re: Moral question?

You claim to have a stalker interesting you started a whole thread in MY honor you are an idiot. The amount of emails I have just received is amazing you coward.
I must be important to you because You H0N0R me with my OWN thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reentry View Post
look how important I am

Post the names on the Charter for the defunct SCO37940.

c'mon present all the evidence because you know as soon as you do the entire world will see what a pathetic attempt at slander your post it.

Post the names on the Charter for the defunct SCO37940

Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Moral question?

Yeah, thanks for the side show.

Any chance we can get back on topic?

Thanks
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 08-17-2009, 05:36 AM
asmotj's Avatar
asmotj asmotj is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 368
Re: Moral question?

I think those at the top of the food chain play with their food too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Many years ago, cock fighting (lol), was entirely legal, engaged in by many, and simply another means to perhaps earning a few quid.

Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmotj View Post
I think those at the top of the food chain play with their food too much
I spent some time on a farm when I was younger, and got to watch farm cats. They are almost ferile, but they tolerate humans. You could never pet one, they'd just run away, but they don't do anything to harm you either.

Well to watch these cats teaching their young to hunt was just amazing. The mom would go hunting and bring back dead mice... then mice that were crippled, then she's just carry them back, fully alive, and let them free amonst the kittens.

If the mouse was lucky, it would be torn to shreds in one swoop of 6-10 kittens.. If not, it would be batted around and thrown up in the air and grabbed over and over until it was finally dead.

Humans aren't the only ones that play with their food. I just wish that if the animal was destined for food, that it was killed quickly and now allowed to suffer.
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Happy Medium Happy Medium is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 750
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
I spent some time on a farm when I was younger, and got to watch farm cats. They are almost ferile, but they tolerate humans. You could never pet one, they'd just run away, but they don't do anything to harm you either.

Well to watch these cats teaching their young to hunt was just amazing. The mom would go hunting and bring back dead mice... then mice that were crippled, then she's just carry them back, fully alive, and let them free amonst the kittens.

If the mouse was lucky, it would be torn to shreds in one swoop of 6-10 kittens.. If not, it would be batted around and thrown up in the air and grabbed over and over until it was finally dead.

Humans aren't the only ones that play with their food. I just wish that if the animal was destined for food, that it was killed quickly and now allowed to suffer.
you might also wish that the animal is raised so that it can have some sort of life on the range rather than live in a tiny box until it is slaughtered.

free-ranging cattle, sheep, hogs and fowl have a much more flavorful meat than the factory-raised animals and it is a much more humane method of farming.

for a magnificient expose' of factory farming, try to find the animated video called the meatrix.

Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 PM
goodomen9's Avatar
goodomen9 goodomen9 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 223
Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Medium View Post
you might also wish that the animal is raised so that it can have some sort of life on the range rather than live in a tiny box until it is slaughtered.

free-ranging cattle, sheep, hogs and fowl have a much more flavorful meat than the factory-raised animals and it is a much more humane method of farming.

for a magnificient expose' of factory farming, try to find the animated video called the meatrix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
I spent some time on a farm when I was younger, and got to watch farm cats. They are almost ferile, but they tolerate humans. You could never pet one, they'd just run away, but they don't do anything to harm you either.

Well to watch these cats teaching their young to hunt was just amazing. The mom would go hunting and bring back dead mice... then mice that were crippled, then she's just carry them back, fully alive, and let them free amongst the kittens.

If the mouse was lucky, it would be torn to shreds in one swoop of 6-10 kittens.. If not, it would be batted around and thrown up in the air and grabbed over and over until it was finally dead.

Humans aren't the only ones that play with their food. I just wish that if the animal was destined for food, that it was killed quickly and not allowed to suffer.
Bad example to the first part and Amen to the last. L J. You can not compare instinct to thought. We think before, during and after anything we do. Animals do not have this luxury. Therefore any comparison is illogical.

PS H.M. We treat our food animals very badly compared to what we get from them. I guess when the majority does not think about something (where our food comes from and what it goes through) The few do what they want in the name of PROFIT!!.

FYI(for you are in formation)

A nonreligious understanding of LOVE and LIFE
__________________
GOD IS LOVE



Last edited by goodomen9 : 08-18-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does God Make Us Moral? Cnance Religious Scams 39 01-31-2013 12:32 AM
Moral Clarity in Gaza Grim17 Political Chat 5 01-02-2009 02:02 PM
A-moral a-religiosity coosjoaquin Religious Scams 175 01-15-2008 02:59 AM
Moral high ground. gordon Political Chat 0 11-27-2005 04:29 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.