report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I am new at Scam.com

SCAM ALERT! - 1&1 Internet

1&1 employees are going around trying to say all the bad reviews are fake.

Well, I AM a real person. This is not a FAKE review. I own RichardBravo.com.

These idiots sent me to collections for $200 for domain names I chose not to renew. They claim that I am on autobilling and that I owe them!

Tell me - what domain registrar on the planet do you know FORCES customers to renew a domain name? I have over 400 domains with GoDaddy and NEVER ONCE have I been sent to "collections" for not renewing a domain. Renewing a domain name is 100% voluntary.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE IDIOTS! Do not give them your business in any way shape or form. In fact - if you are with them RUN! Change your service provider. I dont care who you use. This company needs to go away fast. This is bull$**T!

Old 07-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Silver Member

Re: SCAM ALERT! - 1&1 Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBravo View Post

These idiots sent me to collections for $200 for domain names I chose not to renew. They claim that I am on autobilling and that I owe them!

Tell me - what domain registrar on the planet do you know FORCES customers to renew a domain name? I have over 400 domains with GoDaddy and NEVER ONCE have I been sent to "collections" for not renewing a domain. Renewing a domain name is 100% voluntary.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE IDIOTS! Do not give them your business in any way shape or form. In fact - if you are with them RUN! Change your service provider. I dont care who you use. This company needs to go away fast. This is bull$**T!
I've already heard from 1&1 being a terrible Hosting company. Just wonder how they can stay in business.

I think they as well outsource customer support to Russia or somewhere people hardly speak English.

On the other hand I as well have heard waves of complains about your domain host. I NEVER use GoDaddy, register all at Namechaep.

Funny that you, apparently a IM, host at 1&1 ? Maybe you did start out with them ?

Domain renewal can be automated, but auto-billing is a option in your account settings and not a MUST.

But it looks like you ain't own those domains at all, what makes it really weird.

Guess you will win the battle, just a matter of time.

G.

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org

Old 07-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi Guys,

I have been hosting about 60 domains with 1&1 for over two years now. I think they have good customer service, My websites are never down, I have a service that sends me email alerts when they are, I think they provide exceptional value for the service they provide.

When I don't want to renew a name I follow the FAQ to cancel the domain name and there never is a problem.

Compared to what is out there and I have been a webmaster since 2000 I think 1&1 provides the best value for the price.

Turn $49 into $11,000 a month automaticly. www.HomeBizSuccessUniversity.com

Old 07-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayOlivo View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been hosting about 60 domains with 1&1 for over two years now. I think they have good customer service, My websites are never down, I have a service that sends me email alerts when they are, I think they provide exceptional value for the service they provide.

When I don't want to renew a name I follow the FAQ to cancel the domain name and there never is a problem.

Compared to what is out there and I have been a webmaster since 2000 I think 1&1 provides the best value for the price.
Hey Jay

great feedback and I can't really comment on this as I, like mentioned, not use 1&1. I'm hosting at Hostmonster and am happy, bet some find it terrible.

Hosting is like marriage, you never find a perfect match, and what's great for some, might be terrible for others.

G.

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org

Old 07-31-2009, 05:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Before you open a website or register a domain with 1and1 Internet, you should be aware:[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']1and1 Internet has an F rating with the Pennsylvania Better Business Bureau[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This is their lowest rating possible[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']“BBB Rating[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F. [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Reasons for this rating include: [/font]
· [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Number of complaints filed against business [/font]
· [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Failure to respond to complaints filed against business[/font]
· [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Number of complaints filed against business that were unresolved[/font]
· [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Overall complaint history with BBB”[/font]
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Old 07-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Newbie Member

Unfortunately for them, if they try to bill your credit card you can file a chargeback, get all your money back, AND they will get hit with chargeback fees.

Relax... the credit card company will be on your side.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I know 1 guy who badmouths 1&1 for the service he received when he tried to cancel. He previously recommended them and a few colleagues went with them!! Funny how quick goodwill can turn with bad service..
Not used them personally - i use hostgator for about 4 years and have had no problems (touch wood!)

Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:

...I have been a webmaster since 2000 I think 1&1 provides the best value for the price.
Hey man, I've been a webmaster since 2000 as well and I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt - I DONT KNOW A SINGLE WEBMASTER OTHER THAN YOU who has to read an FAQ every time he wants to cancel a domain. Its simple - you just dont renew it! Simple as Pie!

Old 08-03-2009, 12:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennC View Post
Unfortunately for them, if they try to bill your credit card you can file a chargeback, get all your money back, AND they will get hit with chargeback fees.

Yeah, see that's the other thing about all of this that makes no sense, I registered these domains about 5 years ago. The credit card has long since expired and closed. I only registered the domains for 1 year each as testers and never renewed them again. Now - 4 years later - they send me to collections for domains that expired 4 years ago? Gimme a break! It's still on my credit though. They're chumps - Plain & Simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwh1 View Post
Funny that you, apparently a IM, host at 1&1 ?
My complaint isn't about hosting - its about Domain Name Renewal. I use GoDaddy as my registrar and HostGator as my hosting provider. These are domains I bought years ago through 1&1 when they first starting doing their multi page ads in Business 2.0 and other magazines I read.
In closing I would just like to say...
1&1 SUCKS ASS!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Silver Member

I myself have over 100 domains at Godaddy and Bravenet and I have always been asked if I want to renew, and if I don't I simply expose myself to losing the domain, but I have never been charged before I complete the renewal process at my own discretion.

Definitely not a good practice based on the industry standards.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

That is what I thought. I filed a fraud report with Capital One Credit. First they gave me back the charges, but then after 1and1 them told them everything they did was kosher, Capital One took their side and charged me again. Then 1and1 send me to their collection company. The credit cards are always going to believe the big money companies over the little guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennC View Post

Old 08-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Alertpay Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBravo View Post

geez this is horrible good thing after looking up their panel and didnt like it i cancelled the account and immediately talk to their support.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthpublishinginc View Post
That is what I thought. I filed a fraud report with Capital One Credit. First they gave me back the charges, but then after 1and1 them told them everything they did was kosher, Capital One took their side and charged me again. Then 1and1 send me to their collection company. The credit cards are always going to believe the big money companies over the little guy.

I think that if your credit card company approved.

Then you should have no basis for
a complaint. The credit card company
doesn't want to loose you as a custormer.

So it is their best intrest to serve you.

Like I said I have had no problems with
1&1 and I have found the support to be
friendly and helpful.

Jay

Turn $49 into $11,000 a month automaticly. www.HomeBizSuccessUniversity.com

Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have several host and domain companies that I use and am very happy with. hostgator, dotster, ect.
1and1 I am not happy with at all. They are easy to get into but very difficult and time consuming to close business with. It seems they do their best to get at least one more payment from you. They "allow" you to close your account and then you find out AFTER receiving an invoice you still had a renewal agreement and the account is separate. And then this "renewal" is non-refundable and yes, they will take you to collections for any amount. It's really not worth the low cost of domains to use them for anything. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Do not use 1&1 Internet. I opened and account with them several years ago. It hosted a web address that I no longer use. They charge my old credit card each year and then send it to collections when it doesn't go through. Last year I paid the collections bill and cancelled the account. This year I received another bill and was told that there is no record of the cancellation. Now they are saying that they cannot cancel the account without my password. I do not remember the password. I no longer have the email address that the account was opened with so I cannot have the password emailed to me. They are giving me no options to cancel this account.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

1&1 are the worst hosting providers ever , im using hostgator and im happy with them , you can even get a great discount using this coupon : CACTUS

Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Yes, 1&1 are thieves.

I registered two domains with them a year ago, and hated their crap service.

Decided to let them lapse, and have just got a bill for next year.

It is - as others have said -almost impossible to work around the so-called control panel, the 'customer service' phone number on the bill leads to another number, and THAT number is a dead line.

OK, so I've had a little chat with my credit card company, but from here I get the impression that the story may not be over.

I repeat, 1&1 ARE THIEVES.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Newbie Member

Some government agencies take action against scammers. Try filing a complaint at www.ftc.gov and look for the big Complaints link. Also, look at their news releases and you can get an idea of what the agency can do. I was told they cannot go after all the bad guys but they try to go after the ones that generate the most complaints. Also try typing "consumer complaints" into Google and you can find some other places to file complaints.