report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Re: What does this verse mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodomen9 View Post
This LIFE is not about what GOD can give us. It's about figuring out for our selves what helps LIFE and what hurts LIFE. Not an easy lesson s to learn.
Yes, but if God hadn't have screwed up in the first place then we wouldn't need to ask God for anything.
Quote:
So you would perfer to be covered in hair or GOD got it right for the animals and not for us.
Are you asking me how I would have designed humanity? Well If I was the designer of the universe, I would have made the earth a large hollow ball with the sun in the middle so there is no hot or cold areas. Then there's no need for hair or clothing.

But God's too dumb to think of that right?
Quote:
None of us are innocent or guilty this statemant is a judgement on the fact that our medicine is still primitive.
What about an infant, 4 months old in the womb that has Trisomy 13? What crimes has this child commited? It doesn't even have organs yet, but it's going to die because God screwed up in the formation. God forgot how to count to two and end up putting in 3 chromosones at conception.

This is not drug induced, age induced, sin induced this is God induced. He rolled the dice and decided this was going to be the egg and sperm that made life this day. God screws up on about 1 in 1000 children.

How are they guilty of sin when they havent even been born yet?
Quote:
I don't want to be a jellyfish or a lump of cells with nothing to do but live off what is given to me. You must be talking/posting about the garden of eden.

I'M still screwing these posts up.
If you want to end conflict, then end reasons to fight over things. If God hadn't made us need for things so desperately, then we wouldn't fight over them.
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibleCode View Post
Genesis 3:21

"The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. "

Did humans have no skin back then?

Sounds a bit wierd.
Most people understand that the verse is speaking to animal skins. Must have beat the hell out of fig leaves and didn't tear so easily.

LOL

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Old 08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Silver Member

HEY FICTIONAL CHARACTERS HAVE FEELINGS TOO! Oh and by the way, all the his and hes and male references to GOD... In my little dream book next to my bed, God is a girl, and she looks like Michelle Fox! :-)

Old 08-27-2009, 04:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

hey what are trying to tell i really cant able to get you

Old 08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Newbie Member

Of course Adam and Eve have skins since the creation. I guess if you really want to know the real meaning of that riddle is you need to ask Theologian who studied bible to give you more concrete answer. Good luck

Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Silver Member

They were clothed in animal skins, as still occurs to this day.............

Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcguyhv View Post
Common assertion. This is precisely where we run into problems. The phrase "we don't know" would work fine. Does it really matter what skin was used? Other than that, the issue is that god, knowing this would happen had already sent a tailor to fit them while they were still mindless automatons. God already had this covered, just the author of geneisis (whom we do not know) forgot to mention it. Not that it would ever matter.
It is commonly accepted that it was sheep skin as sheep were sacrificed because of sin, so God most likely used sheep skin from sacrificing sheep for their sin.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Silver Member

I don't have an opinion m'self because I don't think I'm qualified to look beyond the written word and interpolate what it meant. (Some of you are clearly more qualified and can inject stuff where you need to.)
But I did find Matthew Henry's interpretation of the verse and thought that it was fun to read.

Quote:
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
We have here a further instance of God's care concerning our first parents, notwithstanding their sin. Though he corrects his disobedient children, and put them under the marks of his displeasure, yet he does not disinherit them, but, like a tender father, provides the herb of the field for their food and coats of skins for their clothing. Thus the father provided for the returning prodigal, Luke xv. 22, 23. If the Lord had been pleased to kill them, he would not have done this for them.
Observe,
1. That clothes came in with sin. We should have had no occasion for them, either for defence or decency, if sin had not made us naked, to our shame. Little reason therefore we have to be proud of our clothes, which are but the badges of our poverty and infamy.
2. That when God made clothes for our first parents he made them warm and strong, but coarse and very plain: not robes of scarlet, but coats of skin. Their clothes were made, not of silk and satin, but plain skins; not trimmed, nor embroidered, none of the ornaments which the daughters of Sion afterwards invented, and prided themselves in. Let the poor, that are meanly clad, learn hence not to complain: having food and a covering, let them be content; they are as well done to as Adam and Eve were. And let the rich, that are finely clad, learn hence not to make the putting on of apparel their adorning, 1 Pet. iii. 3.
3. That God is to be acknowledged with thankfulness, not only in giving us food, but in giving us clothes also, ch. xxviii. 20. The wool and the flax are his, as well as the corn and the wine, Hos. ii. 9.
4. These coats of skin had a significancy. The beasts whose skins they were must be slain, slain before their eyes, to show them what death is, and (as it is Eccl. iii. 18) that they may see that they themselves were beasts, mortal and dying. It is supposed that they were slain, not for food, but for sacrifice, to typify the great sacrifice, which, in the latter end of the world, should be offered once for all. Thus the first thing that died was a sacrifice, or Christ in a figure, who is therefore said to be the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. These sacrifices were divided between God and man, in token of reconciliation: the flesh was offered to God, a whole burnt-offering; the skins were given to man for clothing, signifying that, Jesus Christ having offered himself to God a sacrifice of a sweet-smelling savour, we are to clothe ourselves with his righteousness as with a garment, that the shame of our nakedness may not appear. Adam and Eve made for themselves aprons of fig-leaves, a covering too narrow for them to wrap themselves in, Isa. xxviii. 20. Such are all the rags of our own righteousness. But God made them coats of skins; large, and strong, and durable, and fit for them; such is the righteousness of Christ. Therefore put on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
It is commonly accepted that it was sheep skin as sheep were sacrificed because of sin, so God most likely used sheep skin from sacrificing sheep for their sin.
sacrificing sheep for their sin.....sacrificing sheep for their sin?!?!?!

WFT?!!?!

What sins did sheep do? Is it because an imaginary sheep could fit on the cross so wasn't crucified to save the other sheep?

Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I haven't seen this much ignorance in years. "skin" is short for "animal skin". He made clothes for them from animal skin.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by former_MLM'r View Post
I haven't seen this much ignorance in years. "skin" is short for "animal skin". He made clothes for them from animal skin.
Why?

Why did he have to kill an animal to get a skin for them to wear?

He's god! Why didn't he create an atmosphere that didn't require clothes? Why didn't he make hair grow like every other animal that would hide what God thought was dirty to see?

Why not make a tree that creates clothes as leaves that can be plucked harmlessly and harvested in any size? He's GOD for crying out loud! This is totally within his power.

No... God decides the best way is to kill his newly made creations (animals) because he didn't have to foresite to see this happening and had to deal with a situation reactively?????

This is not an omniscient god for sure!!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Why?

Why did he have to kill an animal to get a skin for them to wear?

He's god! Why didn't he create an atmosphere that didn't require clothes? Why didn't he make hair grow like every other animal that would hide what God thought was dirty to see?

Why not make a tree that creates clothes as leaves that can be plucked harmlessly and harvested in any size? He's GOD for crying out loud! This is totally within his power.

No... God decides the best way is to kill his newly made creations (animals) because he didn't have to foresite to see this happening and had to deal with a situation reactively?????

This is not an omniscient god for sure!!
Man is many more times intelligent than the animals, so they were smart enough to know that they were naked.

Animal skin lasts longer than leaves.

God knew ahead of time that Adam and Eve would sin.

God made man in His own image, so He made salvation only possible for humans. Humans can ask for forgiveness and animals do not have that capacity.

You ask some of the silliest questions, that if you would read and study the Bible, you could only agree.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Man is many more times intelligent than the animals, so they were smart enough to know that they were naked.
So God knew that man would eat the fruit he made(why did he make it) but was too stupid to realize the ramifications of what that fruit would do to his prodigy?

Does this sound too much like parents not getting blamed for their children dieing when they leave chemicals in unlocked doors at children heights? Sorry. I ain't buying that arguement. Mans failure is totally God's fault and he knew it would happen. God is evil.
Quote:
Animal skin lasts longer than leaves.
So you're saying that God is too stupid to make long lasting leaves? God is stupid.
Quote:
God knew ahead of time that Adam and Eve would sin.
But God created them so he created Evil. And yet he let them sin. God is evil.

Oh and God really screwed up in making a creature that he knew would sin so now he's stupid again.
Quote:
God made man in His own image,
Uh huh... God is vain. What else is wrong with your God?
Quote:
so He made salvation only possible for humans. Humans can ask for forgiveness and animals do not have that capacity.
Wow... why not just remove the apple from Adam? He must really like seeing people burn in hell eh? <-- Evil.

Or maybe God didn't see Adam taking the apple? <-- not all seeing

Or maybe he didn't care about Adam or his offspring?? <-- most likely.

Oh... he didn't think of that at the time?? <-- Stupid.

One way or another, this is all God's fault. We wouldn't have mounths able to eat apples that didn't exist if God didn't do all the work to make it possible. Since he knew what was about to happen and didn't take any steps to avoid the inevitable, then this is what he wanted. He wanted Adam to eat the apple and for him and all his offspring to die.

Sorry, you can't have your apple and eat it too. Either God isn't what you say he is (creator and all knowing) or he's stone cold evil.
Quote:
You ask some of the silliest questions, that if you would read and study the Bible, you could only agree.
Well from what you are describing, you're God is vain, evil and stupid. Why would I want to read about him?

If God is the creator and God is all knowing, there isn't one thing in this world that is bad that isn't directly God's fault. Even Man's sin is Gods direct fault.

Last edited by Lord_jag : 09-28-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Sounds a bit wierd.
Adam and Eve were in their eternal spiritual bodies when they revolted against God. God left paradise and Adam and Eve were left with their physical bodies.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
Adam and Eve were in their eternal spiritual bodies when they revolted against God. God left paradise and Adam and Eve were left with their physical bodies.
No, Adam and Eve were fictional when they revolted against God. Fortunately God was fictional too.

God was horribly negligent to let humans betray him so easily.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Gold Member

Quote:

Sounds a bit wierd.
It is rather clear that the Bible is not the work of a perfect being. The Bible contains many inaccuracies and stories of impossibilities such as a talking donkey:

Numbers 22:28-30, NAS
28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?” 29 Then Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have made a mockery of me! If there had been a sword in my hand, I would have killed you by now.” 30 And the donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden all your life to this day? Have I ever been accustomed to do so to you?” And he said, “No.”

Have you ever seen a talking donkey? If you answer "yes," you're clearly delusional. They don't exist, and never have.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-Bringer View Post
Have you ever seen a talking donkey? If you answer "yes," you're clearly delusional. They don't exist, and never have.
If I saw a talking donkey and it spoke so that you also saw a talking donkey, then neither of us would be delusional, unless of course we alone were the only two who could see it.

Your argument goes along the line of Bertrand Russell' examination of the basic syllogism:

All men are mortal
Socrates is a man
Socrates is mortal

If the first is true without doubt, then the conclusion is true without doubt.

Russell would add "as far as we know, All men are mortal, then, as far as we know, Socrates is mortal".

While it is not likely based on experience that Baalam did hold conversation with a talking donkey, it is not impossible. One would have to claim knowledge of the universe such that nothing could happen outside of our awareness of its truth or falsehood.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doojie View Post
If I saw a talking donkey and it spoke so that you also saw a talking donkey, then neither of us would be delusional, unless of course we alone were the only two who could see it.

Your argument goes along the line of Bertrand Russell' examination of the basic syllogism:

All men are mortal
Socrates is a man
Socrates is mortal

If the first is true without doubt, then the conclusion is true without doubt.

Russell would add "as far as we know, All men are mortal, then, as far as we know, Socrates is mortal".

While it is not likely based on experience that Baalam did hold conversation with a talking donkey, it is not impossible. One would have to claim knowledge of the universe such that nothing could happen outside of our awareness of its truth or falsehood.
Let me rephrase that - has a talking donkey ever been observed by scientists and scientifically proven to have the power of speech and human rationality in peer reviewed testing? No. It is clearly an impossibility based on scientific research of the animal's mind and auditory organs.