report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 06:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

american soldier - is he real?

my mother met a man via oasis.com.
he said he was(and still is) an american soldier serveing in iraq. part of his services were secrect due to special reasons.
he sent photos of himself and of him and his kid.

they hit off quick (obviously) and my mother was smitten.

the photos seemed pretty ligit. so i didnt think too much of it. until he spoke of new cercumstances of one of his missions, in which he was landed with alot of money.

now he said ages ago that he had no family. other then his kid. no brothers/sisters or parents to speak of. also, that in no way can he acess his bank acounts, thus safely depositing the money.

an iraqy diplomat was called in to take the package across the contray to the only person he trusts at this time, my mother.

she was freaked at first but said okay.

so he started makeing his way through different points in the middle east and now ghana.

to get into ghana he needed to pay money, money which he hadnt been set up with and thus my mother sent him money into his acount.

now to get into our local airport, the last stop, he needs one more payment for customs.

ive checked some ip adress from the emails that have been sent, some make sense, some dont.

anyone have any idea? heard anything close to something like this?
i know they can be albrate, but how far do people often go?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: american soldier - is he real?

sorry. its a common scam. he is not on his way. he is only tricking people into sending money to him thru western union. he is a professional conman and is tricking several people at same time. with men, he pretends to be a woman.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

i was afraid you were going to say that.
thanks.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

theres no way to get the money back now is there?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okama-chan View Post
theres no way to get the money back now is there?
Never heard of anybody recovering money from Nigerian 419 scams.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned

unfortunately there is no way to get the money back...but you did a good thing to put it here on scam.com. Also do some more searches for other places where you can document your experience with this person. And add some things that the person used. Like emails or names or even pics. You can't get your money back but you can help others from getting scammed by the same person.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I believe my mother is now chatting/emailing with the same scammer. He sais he is a high rank soldier in Iraq and he has a son 15 years old. No other relatives. He has sent pictures of himself and his son. The thing that made me think this is not real was that his "son" have sent my mother e-mails and calling her "mom" and saying "I love you like my real mom and I hope I can meet you soon". Not very normal for a 15 year old boy..

Thank you for the very helpful information!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

e-mail him an IED and tell him to *%$# off. Keep your money!