report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It Works marketing...anyone know?

Hi there,

I recently joined it works marketing as a distributor. I thought i could make some money from home. Does anyone know of this company and have any experience with it? They market the ultimate body applicator as a wrap that will cause inch loss in 45 mins. I have heard many people say it works and it is a big success. However, i have used it twice without any results. So i am disappointed and maybe feeling a bit embarassed that i fell for a lie. How can companies get away with selling products that don't actually work? I don't understand that.
Let me know if anybody has had success with their program of products.
Karen69 canada

Old 05-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member

Re: It Works marketing...anyone know?

Quote:
They market the ultimate body applicator as a wrap that will cause inch loss in 45 mins
Inch of your stomach is quite a few pounds. Losing more than 2 -3 pounds a week, for none-obese adults, is considered very dangerous.

Quote:
How can companies get away with selling products that don't actually work? I don't understand that.
Welcome to internet/MLM/pyramid marketing. Most of the products sold those ways do not work or do not work as advertised. It is all about hype and recruiting and product is just an afterthought.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi Karen,

I have been a health and weight loss coach and consultant for over 12 years and I have tried it all! A holistic practitioner introduced the Ultimate Body Applicator to me and I didn't believe it was possible either. However, I finally tried it after I saw mutual friends getting dramatic results and it worked! Since then I have recommended it to hundreds of people with great results. A few of my friends did not get results, but they had serious health issues that needed to be addressed first before their weight issues. Since the product detoxes the body as part of the process, that could be an issue. It is possible that you are one of the few that will not get results. However, in my experience there are a lot of things you can do to improve your chances of results. If you want to discuss it further to see if I can help you, you are welcome to contact me. Obviously, I have nothing to gain by helping you since you are not my distributor or customer. But I am very passionate about helping people and I am very passionate about It Works.

I have also been in direct sales and network marketing for many years and I have had tremendous success sharing valuable products with my clients and customers. I am also a Certified Network Marketing Success Coach. So not every company is a scam just because someone does not find success with the product or the business. For example, I tried to sell long distance once as a favor to a friend. I didn't make a dime and lost all my money. That does not mean it was a scam. My friends all made a lot of money and a lot of people are still in it and still making money. It just wasn't my passion so I couldn't promote it with enthusiasm like they did. That is why when I coach someone who is looking for a business opportunity, my first advice is to find a product that they personally love and can passionately share with others.

So let me know if I can help.

Michelle

P.S. By the way, this product is a $300 spa treatment in the most exclusive spas and medi-spas in Europe and the Emmys & Oscars asked the company to bring it to the celebrity gift suites so it really is not a scam.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Newbie Member

In answering how companies can get away with these scams. Alot of the time, technically they aren't doing anything wrong.

All they are doing is selling terrible quality products, that are completely over priced, but they are marketed to a tea.

Thanks to the internet they are able to shove these offers right in our faces and it makes it very hard to resist. Don't feel a fool, you just got a little smarter from this experience! :)

If you want to learn internet marketing, the online university I am part of is currently letting people take a 1 week trial. Check it out, it might be right up your alley.

Will.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I want to preface my comments by saying there are no products on the market today that are designed to work for everyone.

With that said, I've used the product you're asking about since April of this year, and have gotten really good results. I actually use the applicators and the defining gel. There are many reasons people don't see inch loss right away (smokers, certain body oils and soaps may clog your pores, etc).

This is not water loss. This product actually detoxifies, tones & tightens the skin and typically last 2-6 months. Of course, if you change your diet (eat healther) and exercise the results can last a lot longer.

I was really skeptical, as I have tried many things, and been with several MLM companies and none of them worked. I refused to be scammed, and would not order the products until I actually saw results for myself.

I experienced a 2 inch loss on my tummy after one application and was convinced that I might be on to something.

I am not an authority on these products. I'm just telling you what has worked for me.

My suggestion is that get with your upline, he/she may be able to explain the products to you in more detail. Also there is a money back guarantee, so if it's not working for you, you should be able to send it back.

I hope this helps.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I was skeptical too before I tried these wraps so I ordered one to try.

Well, the first time I wrapped I lost 3/4 inch from my stomach. I was so excited so I signed up to be a distributor.

As soon as I got my kit I wrapped again and this time I lost another 2 1/4 inches from my stomach area: One inch from my upper abs, one inch from the middle and 1/4 inch from my lower pooch.

I didnt believe it until I tried it and now I can tell you that it definitely works. I have never seen anything like this. I have tried everything to get rid of the extra fat around my middle since having my daughter but nothing seemed to work. I would lose a few pounds but it would come off the areas I didnt want it to come off, like my butt, but the fat on my stomach area would not budge.

With this product you can actually lose inches on those problem areas that you want to get rid of.

The inch loss is NOT water loss but actually fat loss. The herbal ingredients work to flush out the toxins and actually shrink the fat cells. The results are immediate and cumulative.

If you would like any other information about our ultimate applicators or any of our other cutting edge health and weight loss products or would like to become a distributor and make a great income working from home I would be happy to speak with you!

Jill

Old 11-18-2009, 11:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

OMG!! I cannot get over this!! There is no way at all that it can do anything but MAYBE tighten skin. The only way to lose meaningful body fat is to burn more calories than you consume. I know this first hand. I lost 100+ pounds 18 years ago and have kept it off with good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise. In addition, the most important weight most of us need to lose visceral fat (the fat stored BEHIND our abdominal muscles). This is the fat that causes disease. This patch would not touch this. As a culture, we are way too focused on our looks. We need to exercise and eat healthy to preserve our individual health and vitality. We owe it to our families (especially the generations that follow us to not burden them with our health issues later in life) and our environment. No silly patch is going to touch a real, unhealthy weight issue.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am a distributor for It Works also and it is not a scam...I have been a distributor for 3 weeks now and have wrapped over 20 people and EVERYONE has lost between 3-6 inches. They are a detox so water needs to be drank with them!! That would be the only reason I could think of as to why this isn't working for you! Happy Wrapping!! I personally have done 1 wrap and lost 6 inches!

Last edited by Soapboxmom : 12-14-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Please keep self-promotion links and contact information in your signature only. Thank you!

Old 02-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Newbie Member

Hi,

I know this is a little late for a response. Nearly 5 years ago, I did It Works Marketing when I had a salon that specialized in body wraps and health-related products.

The business wasn't profitable and I eventually had to close it. However, during that time, I had a lot of repeat, very happy clients that used the It Works products. (That part was profitable, by the way, and helped me hang on to my business a couple years longer.) Sadly, I let the It Works business end when I ended my salon.

While deciding on another stream of income, I looked back at my life to see what I was truly successful at with the least amount of effort (as my time is very limited). Hands down, It Works was above anything else I've ever done.

My clients loved it and had great results. I was making great money with it. So, I am proud to say, I have signed up again as a distributor for It Works.

I'd like to add a comment about some of the statements made.

William made some pretty blanket statements about quality of product. Like anything, there are good and bad products out there. He obviously didn't take the time to research the products within this company before making his claims.

LivLovesFitness makes great points. You can't reach your goal weight and a healthy lifestyle without proper eating and exercising.

If you take the time to learn about It Works!, no where will you see that this is a quick fix in place of healthy eating and exercise. On the contrary, It Works! recognized in the time I was gone that they needed to provide support for people wanting to make those changes in their lives and added FitWorks, a program that supports healthy eating and exercise.

I know it is difficult to understand how this works. But it does. I had a client that went from a size 18+ to a 6 or 8 in less than 6 months. She had dieted and exercised for the previous 6 months and had only achieved losing a pant size and less than 10 pounds. The second 6 months, the only thing she did differently, was that she religiously used the applicators, the contour gel, the fat fighters and if I remember right, the vitamins. (I'm positive about the first three.) She needed help to get past her situation. It Works did that for her. And it did it for a lot of others as well. It is not a scam. It is an MLM (no apologies needed). The compensation plan is great. The owners of the company are great. The products are Unique and the highest of quality. That's why I'm coming back.
www.why.itworks.net

Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsworking4me View Post
I want to preface my comments by saying there are no products on the market today that are designed to work for everyone.

With that said, I've used the product you're asking about since April of this year, and have gotten really good results. I actually use the applicators and the defining gel. There are many reasons people don't see inch loss right away (smokers, certain body oils and soaps may clog your pores, etc).

This is not water loss. This product actually detoxifies, tones & tightens the skin and typically last 2-6 months. Of course, if you change your diet (eat healther) and exercise the results can last a lot longer.

I was really skeptical, as I have tried many things, and been with several MLM companies and none of them worked. I refused to be scammed, and would not order the products until I actually saw results for myself.

I experienced a 2 inch loss on my tummy after one application and was convinced that I might be on to something.

I am not an authority on these products. I'm just telling you what has worked for me.

My suggestion is that get with your upline, he/she may be able to explain the products to you in more detail. Also there is a money back guarantee, so if it's not working for you, you should be able to send it back.

I hope this helps.

Well I can tell you that what you just wrote is complete tripe.

Whether a wrap works temporarily I could probably buy into. Its also good only for water weight loss.

Please don't just spout rubbish. If you think it works for you - that's great - for you. But weight loss is achieved by diet and exercise, not by "wraps". UNless you think the manufacturers managed to repeal the laws of physics.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizlovesfitness View Post
OMG!! I cannot get over this!! There is no way at all that it can do anything but MAYBE tighten skin. The only way to lose meaningful body fat is to burn more calories than you consume. I know this first hand. I lost 100+ pounds 18 years ago and have kept it off with good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise. In addition, the most important weight most of us need to lose visceral fat (the fat stored BEHIND our abdominal muscles). This is the fat that causes disease. This patch would not touch this. As a culture, we are way too focused on our looks. We need to exercise and eat healthy to preserve our individual health and vitality. We owe it to our families (especially the generations that follow us to not burden them with our health issues later in life) and our environment. No silly patch is going to touch a real, unhealthy weight issue.

good luck on trying to convince this bunch of "magical thinkers" . You are correct and they are trying to make money. They aint about to thank you for that.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellesanchez View Post
I am also a Certified Network Marketing Success Coach.
Certified by whom, Michelle?

What exactly is that qualification and by whom is it awarded?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erneston View Post
Certified by whom, Michelle?

What exactly is that qualification and by whom is it awarded?
"Issued" by this website. MLM University http://www.mlmu.com/

Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

It has now been 48 hrs since I used the It works body applicator. This is my first time using it. I was trying to target my stomach area and hoping to lose inches , but instead my stomach is now bloated and my face is breaking out for some odd reason. My face never breaks out, so this is very strange to me. I ordered a 4 pack of this product , but I'm wondering if it is even worth it to do a 2ns applicator after 72 hours. I cetainly don't want to keep getting even more bloated. This is just very disapointing!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Newbie Member

Hi Ready4theBeach,

I will give you my two cents worth. My first recommendation is to contact It works to talk with their product coach either via phone or email. She can answer your questions probably to more extent than I can.

I used to own a Spa that specialized in helping my clients Detox (not from addictions). I added It Works to my tools. It was the most popular option with my clients. I decided to close my Spa in 2004 and walked away from everything at that time.

I started again with It Works products this February because I wanted an additional stream of income and looked back in my life and asked three questions:
  1. What have I done that helped people I really enjoyed?
  2. What have I done that I made a good income from?
  3. What have I done that didn't take too much time?
I expected three different answers. But all three came up It Works. So here I am. (Now you know where I am coming from.)

Now, to respond to your experience:

When I first added this, I had a a few people experience the bloating. At first, I have to admit, I freaked! But then I started seeing a trend. Within the next 24-72 hours, they would see really good results.
Because of my experience and background, I began to refer to this as a "toxic bloat." (This is not coming from It Works.) It usually, (not always), happened when people hadn't had enough water, had a slow digestive system, or had a really bad diet, (including alcohol). Some of the people who bloated the most, who saw the most results were some younger women who liked to party!!!

So here's my suggestion. Make sure you drink plenty of water and go for a walk or exercise. This will help your lymphatic system. This will help you flush (literally) that which is causing the bloating. Don't exercise during the application as your sweat will block the product from penetrating.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']So here's my suggestion. Make sure you drink plenty of water and go for a walk or exercise. This will help your lymphatic system. This will help you flush (literally) that which is causing the bloating. Don't exercise during the application as your sweat will block the product from penetrating.[/font]

But exercise or at least go for a walk before you apply the product. If you have a slow digestion, consider using the Regular product for a week or two prior to doing the next application. If you take a look at your diet and decide you donít have the best, try the Fat Fighter. I had a woman recently that didnít respond to the applicator after 3. But after we looked at her diet, she decided to try the fat blockers. She lost about 5 pounds over the next two weeks. It helped her realize that she wasnít eating well. We are working on what to do prior to her trying the applicator again.

I will be the first to admit this isnít a One-Hit-Wonder miracle. It is a system. It DOES work! In all the time that I helped people using this line of products, only two people never responded to the applicators. Keep in mind that every personís body is different. Every Body will respond differently. There is no vitamin, cream, medication that will work 100% of the time on everyone and results will vary.

If you work with the product coach, she can help steer you to what will help you the most. Just go to www.itworks.net and click on Product Coach.

All the best,
Lynda

Last edited by Lynda C : 04-12-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Was addressed to the wrong person

Old 04-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Newbie Member

One more thing:

(This is just a pet-peeve of mine.)

MLMs are NOT pyramids. I see (way too often) that they are used in the same sentence: "internet/MLM/pyramid marketing"

Pyramids are Illegal. MLMs, Direct Marketing, Network Marketing, and Legitimate Internet Marketing companies with Legitimate Products are not only LEGAL, but endorsed by some of the smartest entrepreneurs in our country:

Warren Buffettbought an MLM. Donald Trump started one.
Robert Kiyosaki said that if he had to make his fortune again, he would do it through an MLM.

So please, please stop calling them Pyramids.

Thank you.

Last edited by Lynda C : 04-12-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: typo

Old 04-13-2010, 04:16 AM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda C View Post
One more thing:

(This is just a pet-peeve of mine.)

MLMs are NOT pyramids. I see (way too often) that they are used in the same sentence: "internet/MLM/pyramid marketing"
They quack like a duck and they walk like a duck. They're a duck.

When MLMs can make money for their members not by recruiting, not by selling to their downlines but through the action of retial sales - then they won't be quacking anymore.

Quote:
Pyramids are Illegal. MLMs, Direct Marketing, Network Marketing, and Legitimate Internet Marketing companies with Legitimate Products are not only LEGAL, but endorsed by some of the smartest entrepreneurs in our country:
No they are not - some people have spoken in favor of them FOR PAY. Its called being a shill. I

Quote:
Warren Buffettbought an MLM.
Now - the owners of the MLM are the oens who make the money - doesnt make it a good deal for those who supply the money to the top. I have failed to notice Buffet giving up his investing and managing for the opportunity to recruit people to sell magic water and magnets. I wonder why not?

Quote:
Donald Trump started one.
Really - why don't you name it?

Quote:
Robert Kiyosaki said that if he had to make his fortune again, he would do it through an MLM.

So please, please stop calling them Pyramids.

Thank you.
Oh do go away - stop shilling for the most exploitive lying sacks of excrement around.

If you wish to see how well 97% of people in MLMs do - go to the website and see if you can find the payouts.

The person at the bottom pumps their money to the people at the top.

You can call it elephant-pee if you want - still makes it a bad choice for anyone who can actually see.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:58 PM
I'M not a scam...and yep that's really me. Can you see?

I tell you, here on scam.com when it comes to ANYTHING, SOMEone always has something to say.

I have been an It Works Distributor since June 2009 and bottom line it works!

For those who are so adamant about proving it wrong why don't you try it yourself?? I truly believe that we are entitled to our own opinion, but when you form an opinion on something you have no first-hand experience in, its all ignorance.

Like saying you hate cats/dogs/McD's,water,a movie but never had it, never seen it, never had any experience with it, never touched it, but just going off what you hear (going where the wind blows).

The next comment will be "I am not putting that thing on my body when I don't know what's in it!"

I've got a great answer for that.

Each of our products have a list of the ingredients used as well as how each one contributes to making the wraps work. If you are unsure, YOU CAN PRINT THEM OUT AND TAKE IT TO YOUR DOCTOR. Wow how about that?

To ready4thebeach, I LOVE LOVE clients like you.

Our products work for the majority but for any reason it may not work for everyone. We all have a different chemical makeup. Also there are issues that some clients may have that they do no disclose before wrapping, such as a heavy smoker, drinking a 12pack of beer or soda every day, eating a bunch of fatty foods or whatever, on their monthly cycle (yes don't use it then). Or simply don't follow simple instructions.

However 3 things can/and will happen when you wrap:

1. You will GAIN INCHES. Yes it's called toxic bloat and probably what you, ready4thebeach, experienced. That actually should make you smile (in an odd way) b/c it's telling YOU the wraps are WORKING! It's a detoxifying process. Some people are more toxic than others, and I encourage anyone to do research on toxicity in our bodies. You'd be surprised.

2. You won't lose anything. This is not a bad thing. If this happens we encourage our clients to use our defining gel for 2 weeks before trying again. Some clients have smaller pores than others.

3. You will lose inches. And of course that's enough to make everybody smile!

If #1 or #2 happens, it's common to see the inch loss the next day! Yep the wraps keep working for 72 hrs after you take it off.

Not one person is the same, we never claim it works for everyone.

When I first wrapped I lost 3.5 inches. My hubby wrapped and GAINED inches. He let it go for 2 weeks and tried again and lost 4 inches.

I love this company and this is also not one to convince anyone. Either someone will see it or not, those who are skeptical (and I love them) will see it or not! On to the next one...this business or product will NOT appeal to everyone on the earth. lol

An experiment I did:

I was an avid diet pill taker for the longest time. I too, had to see how the products work before I joined. I wanted to know how each product worked in conjunction with the others. I needed to know everything. I won't go into it all b/c it's just tooo long but let me share an experiment that I did, since some are saying MLMs have less than quality products.

Like I said, before It Works I tried it all, and b/c of that I had bottles of dietary supplements.

I took several cups and filled them all with lukewarm water.
Took a pill from It Works (Fat Fighters, and Thermofit) Alli, Hydroxycut, Herbalife, and 2 other MLM companies who are doing quite well in the health/wellness industry.

I put each pill in a separate cup and let it sit for an hour.
I checked back, and IT WORKS pills (both of them) were completely dissolved. The others, including the 'popular ones' in the market were still intact. Matter of fact, I left the others for the rest of the night and checked the next day, and they were STILL intact with a LITTLE bit of change. Do your research on where your favorite dietary supplements go after consumption!!

Lastly I'd like to add, you will NEVER EVER see in our marketing that you can wrap and be lazy and never exercise! The applicators are our flagship product and the small frame if you will of the BIG PICTURE.

The wraps do a lot, they detoxify, they flush toxins (NOT WATER LOSS, NOT WATER LOSS, NOT WATER LOSS - You need to DRINK MORE WATER to flush the toxins)...they help you lose inches, and it gets you jump started for your long term weight loss goals....(the big picture) like diet exercise, portion control, staying hydrated, keeping regular etc...It Works is completely in line with all of that.
If anyone does their research they would see that with our other products.

It Works is great and if anyone has any more questions please send me a PM. I have been here on scam.com and prefer talking than the back and forth on this site. :o)