report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Paid To Place ,is this a scam? heard of it? reply!

I have been looking into this for a while, you are suppose to place ads for other companies has anyone heard of this I think it might work, , I havent seen anything written that states otherwise I really want {NEED}to make some extra money without getting scammed does anyone out there know anything about this is it a scam or does it work I need any information you may have please respond thanx

Old 05-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Paid To Place ,is this a scam? heard of it? re

are they charging something to join?

Quote:
Assignment of Rights, by providing any personal information, you agree and are giving permission to the Paid to Place and its associates, sponsors and or co-sponsors of this offer to contact you by means of telephone, e-mail orother sources of marketing, even if your number is found on a do not call registry or listed on an opt out list pursuant to the CAN-SPAM Act.
they want your credit card number to start. forget it.

they are supposed to pay you.

Last edited by mumbles : 05-26-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Placing ad's for other companies are your keywords. That typically means they are selling information on how to place ad's through adwords using clickbanks. YOU pay to place the ad's... it's your business.. they are just selling information.

Go to uberaffiliate and you can learn all about it for free.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Silver Member

The REVERSE FUNNEL SYSTEM was such a scam.

You can dig here in scam.com for a extensive thread about it.

Don't do this, you waste your time and money.

G.

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org

Old 09-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I signed up with paid to place 2 weeks ago and I have already started making money with it, It is legit. It's like the person who wrote the statement above said when when go to her click here link, she said you have to work at it and that anyone who thinks they are going to find something with out putting some effort in it had better stop now! That is true. If you put some effort in it then you might be surprised. The 39.95 charge is for the training they give you. Some companies will pay for your training and other you have to pay for. So I'm saying no, paid to place is not a scam!!

Old 03-14-2011, 07:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

About a week ago I signed up after getting an email supposedly from Ms Garcia. I paid the $40+ for this kit to help me get set up to place ads. I never received any of the software or even a confirmation of my signing up. However, I received several more emails of the same sort asking for more money.
At this point I got frustrated and began searching for a contact number to actually talk to someone. There was no number, instead there was a "contact us" link. Before I sent a message I ran across several complaints about the work from home scams.
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION HERE!

I SENT AN EMAIL REQUESTING SOMEONE CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS. MEMBERSHIP AND EXPLAINED THAT I WANTED TO CANCEL AND REQUESTED A REFUND. I GET A CALL FROM A GUY BY THE NAME OF MASON ASKING IF I STILL WANTED TO CANCEL AND GAVE ME A NUMBER TO CALL. I CALLED THE NUMBER WHICH WAS SAID TO BE THE CORPORATE OFFICE. I WAS THEN GIVEN ANOTHER NUMBER TO CALL AND WHEN THE YOUNG LADY ANSWERED SHE SAID "AMERITAX".
AMERITAX BY THE WAY HAS SEVERAL COMPLAINTS ABOUT BEING A SCAMAND PEOPLE STATING THEY WERE TAKEN FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. SO THAT LET ME KNOW THAT THIS IS ONE OF AMERITAX'S AFFILIATES.
AFTER BEING ASKED SEVERAL QUESTIONS AS TO WHY I WANTED TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP AND HER TELLING ME THERE IS A CONTACT NUMBER ON THE SITE, in which I still didn't find, SHE FINALLY SAID SHE WOULD CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP BUT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME BACK ABOUT MY MONEY BEING REFUNDED. SO I ASKED THE NAME OF THIS PERSON. THE YOUNG LADY PAUSED FOR A MINUTE AS IF SHE WAS TRYING TO COME UP WITH A NAME. THEN SHE REPLIED " I THINK THE PERSON WHO WILL BE CONTACTING YOU IS NAMED TROY. SHE DIDNT GIVE ME A CONTACT NUMBER FOR HIM AND I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE TROY'S CALL.

SO, DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A SCAM TO THOSE OF YOU INQUIRING?
IT IS INDEED!

Old 03-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Cargun007

This, folks, is a genuine SCAM! Take a look at Old Country's post on here. Guess what? I found the same post, word for word, on another scam site. I mean, word for word. So, here's what they are doing. They are going around taking a look at all the posting sites and posting the same message as Old Country did. Just click and paste. PEOPLE, IT'S A SCAM! Can't you tell? I mean, look at how it is written! It looks like it's been composed by a 3-year-old! It's terrible! This tells me that it's been written by someone who doesn't know how to write in English. And what does that tell you? It tells you that it's not legit, that's what it tells you! Probably some crappy Russian or other East European scam. Wake up, people!

Old 03-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

You hit the nail on the head! This is a great lesson for lots of people to be aware of.. probably 98% of the time if you see a "It's wonderful" post on a forum and the poster has less than a dozen posts to his name.. you can be sure he/she didn't magically run across the forum.. they were out searching for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cargun007 View Post
This, folks, is a genuine SCAM! Take a look at Old Country's post on here. Guess what? I found the same post, word for word, on another scam site. I mean, word for word. So, here's what they are doing. They are going around taking a look at all the posting sites and posting the same message as Old Country did. Just click and paste. PEOPLE, IT'S A SCAM! Can't you tell? I mean, look at how it is written! It looks like it's been composed by a 3-year-old! It's terrible! This tells me that it's been written by someone who doesn't know how to write in English. And what does that tell you? It tells you that it's not legit, that's what it tells you! Probably some crappy Russian or other East European scam. Wake up, people!

Old 08-17-2011, 05:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I certainly haven't posted more than once thus far so bear with me. I'm a single mom and I work from home and I am often looking for things that I can do from home. Well, I found this site while doing some research on Kathy Garcia's program. I've been kicking it around for a a couple of weeks and then the finance adviser from CBS started to endorse it. I was shocked, to be fair, I don't watch CBS but I did some research into her. I will admit that stacked the deck for me and I decided what the heck I'll give it a shot. I have done a ton of these and I am well aware of scams but the buy-in price was reasonable, 19.95. What got me to go ahead was no rebill! I read and reread the Terms and I was unable to locate any other "hidden" charges, though, let's face it, they are called hidden for a reason.
3 weeks later I have had multiple calls for "upsells" but I've just declined and went my merry way. It was going slowly at first, anyone who thinks they can make money overnight, especially the amount people seem to think they should, are deluding themselves. That said, I can happily report I have made back my initial investment and then some within 2 weeks. Is it a get rich quick? no. does it have it's issues, oh yeah, posting in *****slist can be difficult people flag you and you get blocked at the drop of a hat, but they aren't your only recourse for posting ads. The site itself could use some work, but it seems they are updating it almost daily. So I'm happy about that. I've even called in and spoken with 2 different customer support people as well as the affiliate manager. Unlike the person who posted above I did locate the number on the ad management site right below the affiliate manager's image. The best part? They offer a 60-day money back guarantee! Who does that? No scam I know of, and I've run into a couple, ever offers that kind of guarantee. I asked, I think her name was Shari or something, about the refund, she said it was no problem if I chose to cancel. Even though I've already made my investment back!
Think what you want. I say do your due diligence, call them up before you sign on if you want. People are quick to cry SCAM! whenever they find out they have to put in an effort or they don't make their money back the next day. I don't mean there aren't scams. But this isn't one of them. IMHO

Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Has anyone heard of placing ads for your american dreams? Have you gotten paid?

Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

No, this is one of the few actual work-at-home jobs with fantastic rates. The company gives you endless training, puts you on a personal basis with those who can help you improve your rates, and you can always call toll-free (or email) for help and information. All they ask is to give it a chance, and you purchase the training package (access to the membership site) for a low rate and will not ask for any money after that- you get to keep all your earnings.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just saw the ad too, but p2p is asking for $97. Just like pflagmomma
, I haven't really seen many posts for or against p2p being a legit scam.

But thankfully, I have LegalShield (check out my friends' website at legalshield.danielandluci.com) - so either way, money-back guarantee or not, i can call a lawyer and I'll get my money back.

$97 instead of $20 or even $40 is still a lot though. Maybe I'll just wait until it comes back down before I test it :-)