report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Resume Rabbit and other Job Posting Scams

Resume Rabbit advertises itself as THE solution to the problem of a job seeker having to post their resume on multiple Job Boards. In fact, they actually act as a marketing tool for other fee-based employment aid services.
Like a classic predator, they play on the fears of the unemployed with cleverly worded promises. I paid the $59.99 fee. What I received were hundreds of offers from other companies promising to "Maximize my chances of Landing a Job". The only thing they are maximizing is their own bottom line! They must have sold my information to at least one hundred companies.
My advice: stay away from Resume Rabbit and take control of your own job search.

Bookmark and Share

Old 07-19-2009, 09:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Resume Rabbit and other Job Posting Scams

I too was desperate enough to fall for resume rabbit's b*llSh*t. my $59.95 bought me nothing but links to other sites wanting more money for things that resume rabbit promised, and who knows what they did with my personal info.

Wacker 57
Saline MI. 48176

Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Yep, out of desperation, I fell for it.
I started to sign up, but when I got to the part where it asks for $59.95, I canceled. I then received an email from them saying they'll do it for $29.95. I went ahead and signed up. When you log into their site, you access the list of sites that they've supposedly posted to, complete with the user name and password that they created for you for each site...
Now the fun part.... go to each of those sites, and try logging in using those user names and passwords.... YOU CAN'T!!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I almost fell for it as well. They ask you to go thru a lot of personal information before they ask for money. What a waste of time. I would like to see American go back to work, but these vultures are standing in our way. They should be ashamed, or better yet, hung out to dry.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I almost fell for it..I AM NOT SURE GUYS..TRY DISPUTING THE CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION WITH YOUR FINANCIAL COMPANY.MAYBE YOU MIGHT GET THE $$ BACK. WORST CASE SCENARIO YOU WILL AT LEAST KNOW WHO THIS Ahole IS..

Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you, that was helpful, I almost signed up.

Cute53

Old 05-04-2011, 03:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

If anyone is interested, I did a little research and this is what I came up with. This is the company that is responsible for ResumeRabbit.com:

eDirect Publishing Inc.
eDirect Publishing
5933 Sea Lion Place
Suite 104
Carlsbad, CA 92010 US
+1.7606028300

And here's the web address:

http://edirectpublishing.com/products.php

Old 05-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Newbie Member

Most of the time, when looking for a job, you're best bet is to contact a legitimate headhunter. They won't charge you anything upfront and will shop your resume for you. They only get paid AFTER they get you hired into a position.

In the past, I've used Kforce (they used to be Romac and were founded by ex-IBM'ers) with great success.

Best of luck to all of you looking for jobs.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I did sign up for $39.95 or an amount close to that. I AM employed but wanted to see what else was out there. Then, I thought better of it. Since no phone number was listed on their site,I went to the BBB site, called them, and one of their very polite agents, w/o question or hesitation, cancelled my subscription and said my refund would show up in my account w/i 2-5 business days. I asked if it does not, may I just call back to this number. He said, "certainly". His name was "Maurice". Very nice gentleman. Just some information for those of you looking for a refund. Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:38 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I also purchased resume rabbit i wasn't sure what I got myself into. I paid $59.95, and I wasn't to satisfied with the service. I spoke with a customer service rep named Maurice, I wasn't lucky enough to get a full refund but I did learn a few things about the service. I now realize, that all they do is post my resume to job boards, and they give me a list to login each job board. I explained to him that I was getting some solicitations, and I could not log into any of the job boards on the list.

Maurice walked me through 15 job sites, and showed me how to login. He spent an easy 25 minutes with me and at the end gave me half my money back along with keeping my service on. I still haven't made up my mind about the service, but Maurice did help me out a great deal.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm going to have to change my email address yet again. I joined Resume Rabbit figuring "what the hell?". It didn't cost that much. Now all I get is cold emails from recruiters who have obviously not read my resume. a lot of the sites are really hard to unsubscribe to. SCAM!!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hey there-

I almost purchased the service too, but got suspicious about it after I took a call from a friend. When I got back to the site 5 minutes later it prompt it a different fee of $29.00 because of a special offer from $59.95. This gave me a red flag and since I'm a bit paranoid, it only made since.