report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Science Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 AM

Re: The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Medium View Post
let's let this one go.
Yes, let's

Old 08-18-2009, 04:50 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubJunk View Post
I absolutely agree. The majority of Christians in the world accept it this way as well. So what if God said the universe was created in 7 days, when he said that he was probably just simplifying it so that people didn't get confused.
There's no reason for evolutionary theory to be incompatible with Christianity as long as you just think "God didn't mean 7 days literally, it was just a simple way of explaining it to a people who weren't scientifically advanced enough to understand a detailed explanation".
Well what would the first day mean anyways? God hadn't created the earth yet, so the definition of a day is void.

The problems start with the fact that the bible is totally inconsistant with itself. Did God create animals first (Gen 1) or humans first (Gen 2)?

But then you can see many examples of things in the bible that are totally inacurate because they use false assumptions about the universe that were common at the time this novel was penned. Such ideas like that the earth is the center of the universe and the sun goes around it...
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Well what would the first day mean anyways? God hadn't created the earth yet, so the definition of a day is void.

The problems start with the fact that the bible is totally inconsistant with itself. Did God create animals first (Gen 1) or humans first (Gen 2)?

But then you can see many examples of things in the bible that are totally inacurate because they use false assumptions about the universe that were common at the time this novel was penned. Such ideas like that the earth is the center of the universe and the sun goes around it...
Yes you're right, and logically-consistent Christians acknowledge that a lot of the Bible is a product of the time when it was written, but that the parts about Jesus and God, and certain moral lessons (NT not OT) are the things to focus on, the other things can be chalked up to filler.
Logically-consistent Christians realize that the Bible was written by men and has been adapted throughout many centuries to suit politicians (popes and kings) but they believe the fundamental lessons and truths have remained through that time.
It's not a view I share, but it's not one I want to argue either, and I think it's a good job from them to be so far ahead of the curve

Old 08-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Those "experts" didn't present any evidence, if they had it would be possible to refute. The quotes that were presented in the book you quoted (and it's not even clear they are quotes, the author of the book may have just made them up himself) basically just said "the existence of Jesus is irrefutable". Just saying something is so doesn't make it so without evidence. I'm not saying they don't have the evidence, but they haven't presented it and I don't know any of those men, and neither do you, so I can't vouch that they tell the truth 100% of the time.
Debate with atheists, Christophobes, leftists and others in their camp is impossible.

1. These folks relentlessly claim that "everyone" knowledgeable about climate science "believes in anthropogenic global warming." And so that makes it the absolute gospel.

2. BUT, when authorities on Bible history make their opinions known, well that isn't good enough for the likes of Junk. No, he wants "evidence" which he and he alone will judge, experts be damned when they're not HIS experts.

Double standards such as these are anti-intellectual and hypocritical in the extreme.

Like Kazza and the blue crabs of goofiness, you contribute absolutely nothing except nonsense.

GOOD bye
"As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
Debate with atheists, Christophobes, leftists and others in their camp is impossible.
lol This is post 75 why are you responding to post 51. I hope it didn't take you this long to come up with a response.

And again thankyou for grouping everyone in nice categories. If it makes it easier for you to hate things than go ahead.

Quote:
1. These folks relentlessly claim that "everyone" knowledgeable about climate science "believes in anthropogenic global warming." And so that makes it the absolute gospel.
No that's you think people believe. What is a fact is the climate is changing and the air is getting worse. That's common sense that you can see. The direct cause is about the only thing under debate. Man made or natural. That is what the experts are debating.

Quote:
2. BUT, when authorities on Bible history make their opinions known, well that isn't good enough for the likes of Junk. No, he wants "evidence" which he and he alone will judge, experts be damned when they're not HIS experts.

Double standards such as these are anti-intellectual and hypocritical in the extreme.

Like Kazza and the blue crabs of goofiness, you contribute absolutely nothing except nonsense.

GOOD bye
With respect who are these experts and how did they gain there expertness.

Also I don't think they made such wide and unfounded claims that you have. Proof of documents mentioning Jesus is not proof of his entire existence. Nore is it proof of the entire bible.

One piece of evidence of one aspect does not make the entire thing true. If it did than all of our claims would stand on equal footing.

Science isn't opinion.

Perhaps in your next post you can respond to some thing current and not 20 posts ago.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
lol This is post 75 why are you responding to post 51. I hope it didn't take you this long to come up with a response.
That's because it takes an awful lot of work and time to make yourself be so ignorant.

He is right about one thing... it's impossible for people like him to dicuss things rationally with "leftists" whatever that is... I'm righthanded myself.

When people like him won't acknowledge anything that isn't fully inside his personally decided realm of beliefs, it is totally impossible to discuss anything. You may as well discuss things with the bible itself or a brick with the words "God-did-t" written on it.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned

whoa, dude!

watch yourself when you smear the lefties.

it is fact that the cranial nerves cross over.

the left side of the brain controls the motor responses of the right side of the body

the right side of the brain controls motor responses of the left side of the body.

ergo, left-handed people are the ones who are in their right minds.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
whoa, dude!

watch yourself when you smear the lefties.

it is fact that the cranial nerves cross over.

the left side of the brain controls the motor responses of the right side of the body

the right side of the brain controls motor responses of the left side of the body.

ergo, left-handed people are the ones who are in their right minds.
So does that actually make me a right winger because I'm right handed or a left winger because my left brain is dominant?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Banned

i really couldn't say. from my vantage point dead-nuts in the middle-of-the-road, i have trouble discerning the right form the left most times. both sides seem kinda strange to me.

most people call people like you and me who post to these boards wing-nuts.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
I expect evidence from atheists as well, there's no double-standard for me. If any human claims something without evidence I question it no matter what their beliefs.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
So does that actually make me a right winger because I'm right handed or a left winger because my left brain is dominant?
Rofl at your signature! That's hilarious!

Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
like most chuckles in this here scam-o-rama, that one's loaded.

lately, i've had to sit and listen to friends try and convince me nobody went to the moon.

now i'm seeing threads about it pop up on the forums --- everywhere but the conspiracy theory zone where it belongs.

i know you're something of a space case --- you turned me on to world wind years ago.

do you and lord jag have anything strong i can use to convince these turkeys?

i've been trying to ask them to explain all the rocks that got brought back and they claim they came from the desert in arizona.

i just can't see it. what's the point of such an elaborate hoax? where'd all that money go if we didn't spend on a real space program?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
like most chuckles in this here scam-o-rama, that one's loaded.

lately, i've had to sit and listen to friends try and convince me nobody went to the moon.

now i'm seeing threads about it pop up on the forums --- everywhere but the conspiracy theory zone where it belongs.

i know you're something of a space case --- you turned me on to world wind years ago.

i've been trying to ask them to explain all the rocks that got brought back and they claim they came from the desert in arizona.

i just can't see it. what's the point of such an elaborate hoax? where'd all that money go if we didn't spend on a real space program?
Well I've looked at the photos that some people say have reflections and shadows that prove the moon landing was faked and I concluded they weren't anything suspicious. I'm a graphic designer, I spent years learning photo manipulation techniques with Photoshop, so I do know what to look for and the photos look fine to me.
I don't see any reason to doubt the moon landing, it's just one of those things people like to say they doubt because in their minds it makes them seem clever and important, that they have discovered this thing that the majority of people haven't and that's special to them. It's the same with many historical events, like the holocaust. I think when someone is in the state of mind where they will question such large and well-documented happenings, showing them all the proof in the world won't make a difference. There will always be some excuse why the evidence isn't good enough, it's the same way with UFO and monster conspiracy theorists.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:51 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Try this....

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/21jul_llr.htm

The Apollo 11 mission left a big mirror on the moon, and if we aim very carefully we can bounce lasers off that mirror to measure the Earth/Moon distance. We've been doing it non stop since the moon landings - we're still doing it today.

So I figure there are three possibilities.

1) Man never went to the moon, and all the people at all the Observatories around the world that have ever used these mirrors at any time in the last 40 years are part of the conspiracy (as well as everyone involved in the original moon landing conspiracy). Note that this would probably include several people in the building I'm in right now.

2) Man never went to the moon, and aliens left the mirror pointing at us.

3) Neil Armstrong left the mirror there like the official story says.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

thanks fellas.

the link about the mirror is especially good. i haven't sent it to my friend yet but had him on the phone just now and i think he's about to let the notion go. i had already undermined what little conviction he had with a question about where the rocks came from.

dude's not rabid about his fantasies like some of the folks around here --- a really gentle, thoughtful man, his insight into the government/banking conspiracies is pretty sound actually.

i think that some of the people who are rabidly opposed to any conspiracy are more dangerous than the fruitcakes who latch on to silly theories as gospel. these people are stifling inquiry to protect their own paranoid delusion that things are really just fine the way governments and corporations go about their business.

if they would stop to think instead of react along propaganized lines of conventional wisdom, they would realize they are supporting entities that are by their very nature conspiratorial.
when more than one person come together to plan and execute a program, that's a conspiracy.

granted some are beneficial to the greater society and some openly disclose their intentions --- like the president and his cabinet --- what's that if not an overt conspiracy?

so tell me, where is the logic in rejecting out of hand any and all accusations of covert conspiracies with evil intent?

if there are good witches, it would only seem to follow that there are bad ones too. in metaphysics, that's called the law of opposites.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post
Try this....

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/21jul_llr.htm

The Apollo 11 mission left a big mirror on the moon, and if we aim very carefully we can bounce lasers off that mirror to measure the Earth/Moon distance. We've been doing it non stop since the moon landings - we're still doing it today.
Oh that's cool I didn't know that. Wicked

Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
It would be, except that he's actually serious! He actually believes the crap that he spews.

Wait until you see the posts about how 10,000 years ago, the earth had 4x as much oxygen and humans and animals have used up most of it. That's why we're all going to die.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
It would be, except that he's actually serious! He actually believes the crap that he spews.

Wait until you see the posts about how 10,000 years ago, the earth had 4x as much oxygen and humans and animals have used up most of it. That's why we're all going to die.
according to the calendar of the jews, if the christians go by that, we've only been here for a little less than 6,000.

what kind of blasphemy is he spouting about 10,000 years ago? there was nothing here then.

banish him to the lake of fire!