report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mortgage Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Nationwide Financial Solutions

I have heard of Nationwide Financial Partners, and NF Services and have heard those were huge scams. But What about Nationwide Financial Solutions?
I have been searching and searching to see if this company is affiliated, or an AKA of the above mentioned companies, but can find nothing. I also can't find anything negative about them. The BBB gives them a B+ rating with no complaints, but I am still a little leery.

My husband wants to do business with them but I am so afraid.

I tried calling HUD today to talk to a free financial counselor. They said they were so backed up that they would have to actually make an APPOINTMENT for someone to call me back and they didn't have any appointments available until APRIL 23rd!!

My bank really has no interest in talking to us right now. They send us letters all the time saying they want to work something out espcially with Obama's whole "Making Homes Affordable" program, but when we call they are really rude and really don't want to give us any time or effort.

At this point, I wouldn't mind paying a for profit agency to get a loan modification or something going but with so many scams out there, I just don't know if there even are any refutable practices out there. Any help?

Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: Nationwide Financial Solutions

Why anyone believes there is a company out there you can pay to help you who has better contacts with mortgage servicers is beyond me, especially if they want your money up front.

Mortgage servicers will function in their own best interests, period. There is no third-party that can get between you and them to change that fact.

A servicer has NOTHING to gain in talking to a person who doesn't have authority to act on your behalf, and giving authority (power of attorney) to someone (a non-lawyer) you can't sit down across the desk from is an absurd notion.

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
http://www.loansharks.blogspot.com

Old 04-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Roy Bean View Post
Why anyone believes there is a company out there you can pay to help you who has better contacts with mortgage servicers is beyond me, especially if they want your money up front.

Mortgage servicers will function in their own best interests, period. There is no third-party that can get between you and them to change that fact.

A servicer has NOTHING to gain in talking to a person who doesn't have authority to act on your behalf, and giving authority (power of attorney) to someone (a non-lawyer) you can't sit down across the desk from is an absurd notion.

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
http://www.loansharks.blogspot.com

Well those were my thoughts too, which is why I was so leery when my husband suggested it. We decided to just wait for the HUD appointment instead and if that doesn't get us anywhere, then so be it, it wasn't meant to be.

When my husband called National Financial Solutions to tell them we were not interested, the guy on the phone got sort of belligerent, which only reinforced my thoughts that it wasn't entirely legit.

Thanks.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

By seeing this, It looks like we have been scamed...we have paid for this service and now find ourselves in the middle of being forclosed and losing our home...Hopefully this information will help someone else not make the same mistakes we have