report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Retail Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Hydroxatone free trial a SCAM

Well, have you phoned their Customer Services since the last time? Sent an email? I can only offer the advice I gave before about getting your bank to stop payments.

I don't think there's any point waiting for a direct response from Hydroxatone or any of their reps to your problem on this site.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Silver Member

File a complaint with the FTC and request a chargeback from your bank/ credit card company.

-

Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Silver Member

Federal Suits Say There Are Wrinkles In Hydroxatone's Risk-Free-Trial Offer

New Jersey Law Journal August 10, 2011
"Marketers of the anti-aging skin treatment Hydroxatone are being sued for wooing customers with a free trial and then allegedly denying refunds and applying excessive charges."
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?i...646&slreturn=1

--

Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi again.

I posted here earlier but there have been some comments asking how to contact us since. We'd like to help.

Please contact us using the information below and dial the numbers exactly how they appear here:

USA/Canada (800) 672-2259 (8 am – 10 pm EST)
Australia (0011) 800-2358-7491 (24 hours)
New Zealand (00) 800-2358-7491 (24 hours)
Great Britain (00) 800-2358-7491 (24 hours)

You can also email us directly at FBHXsupport@hydroxatone.com to let us know how we can help.
If you do not receive a response within 48 hours, please check your spam filter.

Please note that some mobile phone carriers do not allow toll free 800 numbers to the USA to connect. We suggest using a landline if you are having trouble with your mobile carrier.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giving Discipline View Post
Hm, a company who is "irritate[d] by [their] customers." Nothing speaks louder than the gushing of ignorance from the company's own blithering fool; the customer is always right, you idiot!

Another thing to beware of--high level internet companies have no qualms about posing ads for these scumbags. Scumbags for scumbags.

Bottom Line: ignore internet advertising.

Okay, to be fair, I do think all of you have a right to be upset about being billed on your credit card, you must think at some point that you, the customer, are not always right! I run 3 businesses, and am proud to say that in my spa i sell hydroxatone products! I have run these companies with full customer service trainings, so i do know that the customer is NOT always right!
in another post i saw about mcdonalds, and to comment on that, you are right! mcdonalds can have upset customers, but when you order and forget to tell them you dont want pickles, that IS your fault! you would not be right in that situation! as my teenager would say, DUH!
is it right when the customer makes a mistake and expects full refunds for that, no! is it right when the customer does not take responsibility for their own mistakes, then proceeds to make the company look at fault, NO! I have used the products sold by hydroxatone, because i wouldn't sell it in my spa if i didn't beleive in it.
Yes, when i ordered the 30 DAY 'RISK FREE' TRIAL, i ordered online, where the terms and condiotions ARE clearly printed when you place your order.
YOU, THE CUSTOMER ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!! if you are using your credit card, and there are Tc it IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to read them!
If i wasn't running 3 businesses with the same customer care in all 3, that would make me a horrible person! yes, i want my customers to come back, happy and satisfied , but i, unlike hydroxatone, do not offer a money back guaruntee! if you come to me and get a facial, and you dont feel you have to pay, well, sorry! you do pay for the services/products rendered to you!
so, again...
THE CUSTOMER IS -NOT- ALWAYS RIGHT!
anyone who disagrees should not be able to spend money on things other than neccesities, like food and personals and clothes!

Old 11-04-2011, 12:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

If you'd read the posts properly you would see that a lot of customers on here are complaining about the difficulty of cancelling the auto-shipping programme, and the fact that Hydroxatone keep on taking money from accounts even when goods have been returned or not even received.

That's the main problem - and the fact that their reps are so rude and dismissive if you do actually get through to them on the phone!

Old 11-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Newbie Member

Why aren't you able to block payments that are going out of your account

Old 11-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Newbie Member

Nice try, feelinggood. You claim to own THREE businesses, yet you never bothered to learn spelling, grammar, and punctuation? With all that success, how do you find the time to reply to us commoners?

The fact that you have a grand total of one post on this website certainly lends a lot of credibility. If I weren't such a trusting soul, I might point out that your blame-the-customer diatribe and poor command of the English language bears quite a resemblance to previous "happy employee" posts. I'll leave conspiracies to the people with the tinfoil hats, though. ;)

Old 11-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Silver Member

There is some more information and advice on these 'free trial' scams here: RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance scam

---

Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have filed a class action lawsuit against Hydroxatone for scamming customers via the "risk free trial" - customers who ordered Hydroxatone and returned the product within 30 days, but were still charged for the product and/or placed on "auto-ship" and billed further without the customer's consent. You can reach me direct at (413) 525-3820 or angelaedwards@charter.net for further information. Thank you.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi. I have filed a class action lawsuit against Hydroxatone for scamming customers via the "risk free trial" - customers who ordered Hydroxatone and returned the product within 30 days, but were still charged for the product and/or placed on "auto-ship" and billed further without the customer's consent. You can reach me direct at (413) 525-3820 or angelaedwards@charter.net for further information. Thank you. Angela Edwards

Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

After seeing the ad on tv i did some research... Found the online order page and before I had to submit my order I found this:

The Program is Simple:
We'll send you 2 jars of Hydroxatone® AM/PM Anti-Wrinkle Complex to try RISK FREE for 30 days (sold in our catalog for a total of $159.90).You pay only shipping and processing today. If you like your results and want to continue looking younger, you don't have to do anything else. The card you provide will be charged 2 equal payments of $69.95 with the first payment 30 days after you receive your order and the final payment 30 days later.

As a member of our Beauty Auto Ship Program and to ensure you continue to see results without running out of Hydroxatone® AM/PM Anti-Wrinkle Complex, we'll send you a new 60-day supply every 2 months, from the date of your order. By clicking the Complete My Order button, you authorize that for your first and future shipments, the card you provide today will be automatically charged $69.95 every 30 days along with a small shipping and processing fee of $6.95 on the day your order ships. All NJ residents will be charged sales tax.

Remember you have our 30-Day Bottom of the Jar Guarantee with each shipment. If you are not completely delighted, our online orders include a postage paid return label for your convenience. You can return your Hydroxatone® AM/PM Anti-Wrinkle Complex within 30 days of receipt, even if the jars are empty, and incur no shipping and handling charges and avoid further payments. If you misplaced your return label please call Customer Service at (800)672-2259 to request another one. As a member of our Beauty Program, you are not required to continue. Cancel at any time. Please note: The-Try-It-Before-You-Buy-It Program is for first-time customers only.

Don't forget that your RISK-FREE Trial comes with a FREE Age-Defying Toner (sold in our catalog for $39.95). The Age-Defying Toner is yours to keep, regardless of whether or not you remain on the Beauty Auto Ship Program.

Seems simple... If i like it.. i pay for it.. If i dont.. I send it back with no charge.. Also... I called the automated thing... It explained the offer completely about the same verbiage.. then followed with a bunch of other offers... Pain in the ass really.. but still explained everything.. I dont understand how you guys dont know that you have to pay for it......

Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURRENTHydroxatoneEmplyee View Post
As a CURRENT employee of Hydroxatone (in reference to the disgruntled EX-employee), I think that our business practices are sound and fair. No business is in the business of giving away their valuable product FOR FREE. What irritates me about our customers is how they don't know the difference between a FREE TRIAL and a FREE SAMPLE. There are major fundamental differences to both. A trial is a period of time and that is exactly what we give you. The product is NOT FREE and we never once tell you it's free, never ONCE do we tell our customers it is a sample. I think as a business we are very careful with our wording so that we remain legal and legitimate. We give you the ability to TRY the product while you decide if you want to commit to purchasing it, then we give you the ability for a hassle-free return to avoid billing. I understand mistakes happen, and given the high volume of orders they happen quite often but they are always resolved, and we try our very best to keep our customers happy. Customers are given refunds as appropriately needed if they were entitled to one. If you hear that customers are treated 'rudely' or otherwise, it's because the customers calling in a LIVE person are really pushing the limits of that person's HUMANITY. It is not our fault as representatives that you made so many assumptions about the offer or that you didn't take an initiative to be 100% clear on the terms.

I just wanted to reply to these posts because I think I can speak for all of my colleagues here when I say I am sick and tired of people not understanding the difference between a trial and a sample! If you were unclear when you first placed the order the terms and conditions to which the trial offer is attached, we give you a number to call back and ask questions. If that's not enough, we give you ALL the terms and billing arrangements on your INVOICE when you receive your product!

All i can say, America, is that NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE. I'm sure most of you already know that. There is always terms and conditions attached to 'free' offers. Know the difference between a free trial and a free sample whenever ordering any product online, on the phone or elsewhere. Don't confuse our trials with 'trial sizes' which are sometimes free trial sizes of other peoples' products. That's not us.

I'm a very satisfied employee here and our company takes very good care of us. We take very good care of our valued customers (the ones that understand what they got themselves into). I am not PAID to write this entry. I just don't feel bad for you. I may feel sorry for you, but everyone makes mistakes and you always have the ability to learn from your mistakes.

All that said. I firmly believe in our product and I say that with conviction. Is it expensive? Yea, but so is a Gucci bag. You're paying for brand. You're paying for marketing. You're paying for one of the best corporate environments to work in and a very satisfied employee base. All the people that run this company have very strong ethics and conviction and I believe they'd stand behind their product as well. It took me a while to believe it too, but now that I'm using the product too (i had doubts) I genuinely enjoy it.

You have a right to be disgruntled when you make a mistake, but don't call us a scam because we aren't.

There I said it.
Ha ha, and this is the letter that has made me become a member here, just so that I could say....because of this letter I will never buy this product, your wording alone describes the hook and net you trap people in.
We are not idiots and your letter is suggesting we are, the difference between the wording of free trail compared to free sample is purposely misleading.
Thank you every one else , I nearly bought the free trial deception.
What a terrible company, at least the are stupid enough to employ stupid people that give away the hidden con.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:26 PM
fribimaster

You know, you can get two jars of this stuff on ebay for under $20.

BTW, USE A GIFT CARD TO ORDER THE TRIAL, IF YOU LIKE IT CALL THEM UP WITH YOUR CC IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SEND IT BACK.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I purchased hydroxatone cream and luminique 90 second wrinkle cream online, it was under the free trial.

I understood (as i read the fine print) that i would be charged in full for the products (unless i was not satisfied and i applied for a refund) and then i would be charged again every 3 months and sent a refill of the products. The hydroxatone was about $80 and i opted for some extras (inc luminique) which came to about $139. I was told on facebook that hydroxatone worked best when used with luminique.

After i bought them i went online and saw all the scam websites against the company, i was so worried so i tried to phone the company but could not get through, i called my credit card company that night and put a block on my card (after they had charged me the $139).

I understood that most people were complaining online because they got charged the full fee to their credit card when they thought it was a free trial, this calmed me down a bit as i think this is very naive, nothing is free, i myself had read the fine print and understood i would be charged unless i change my mind.

I do not work for this company, i am 30 years old, i'm a secretary living in Australia, i am writing this review to share my experience with this company to hopefully calm anyone down who may have just signed up to the free trial with the company (however i note i may have just been one of the lucky ones).

Anyway i got tied up with a few things so forgot to follow the company up again, then a week later my hydroxatone arrived and the luminique arrived the day after that (i threw out the packaging but i recall they appeared to come from the same address - but were sent separately), both packages came with the extra toner which was offered to me as a bonus for signing up for both products.

I then went online again and read some more reviews where i read that the product had burnt peoples skin and even after cancelling the trial people had been charged numerous times to their credit card, i also came across the site dedicated to the lawsuit against the company. So i then called hydroxatone again (quite worried at this stage) i got straight through to someone this time, i gave him my order number which was emailed to me previously, he found my account and i told him the items had arrived "but my financial situation had changed" so i wanted to cancel any future products. He did that for me and then said he would refund me $139 within the next 5 days, i said i only wanted to cancel any future orders, i was going to keep the products he sent me, so how come i was getting a refund? he said it was because i'd cancelled it within the 30 day period. I also asked if i had to cancel the luminique trial as i noticed they had a different phone number on their email, and the products did arrive separately. He advised i didn't have to and that he had cancelled both subscriptions for me.

I was still a bit worried about what i had read so i kept a close eye on the credit card statements, within 2 days the refund of the $139 had gone into my account, the only thing i had been charged was a $1.99 trial fee plus $4.20 x 2 which was an overseas processing fee when the amount came out of my account and then when it got refunded back to me. I also never had to sent the products back (unlike other stories i had read online)

I have tested the products on my arm and did not get a rash, i also looked up the ingredients online and they all appear to be safe (that is if what they put in the bottles are what they write on the bottles). I'm not a scientist but what i read said that the luminique mostly contained ingredients found in sunscreens, and the hydroxatone 90 second cream appeared safe but some people may have have an irritation if the product gets in their eye and they are sensitive to one of the ingredients (butylene glycol). The 90 second wrinkle reducer does say on the box that its only a temporary fix and it also came with written instructions.

After the refund got processed i cancelled my card and got a new one issued just to be safe however i'm wondering if i have just stressed out over nothing, my experience is nothing like what i am reading online so I wonder what percentage of complaints about this company are merely about the amount they charge you as people are not reading the fine print properly and are assuming they will only be charged $1.99 for the trial (which i think is their own fault).

However, what percentage of complaints were ones where the client was told they had to return the product to get the refund but were then told the product never arrived back to the company (from reading the reviews it looks like you have to send it back in a new envelope and pay for the postage, not mark "return to sender" as it will never arrive back, but it looks like people were sending the products back "return to sender"). Has the company changed their policies and is this why i didn't have to return anything to get a refund? What percentage of clients were in Australia like me, maybe the service is worse in different countries? or was i simply one of the lucky ones, if this is the case it's unfortunate that other people have lost their money.

All in all i am satisfied with the service i got, the packaging the products came in looks pretty dodgy but i think i will still trial them on my face and see how they work, i am glad i only ended up paying $10 for the products, but am a bit regretful of the stress that was caused from what i had read online and now my reluctancy to actually try the product out on my face.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

All well and good to sit there and lie some more to people who have opted OUT of your products, just like your 'free trial', you're full of bull. When someone takes on the free trial and are not happy, they have the option to cancel, which seems a lot of people have done. Your products are NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS YOU'D LIKE EVERYONE TO BELIEVE, and definitely not worth the money you have stolen from many.. So dont sit there on your high horse bleating about what is what from an employees perspective.. The money your company stole from us, is paying your wages, so of course you're going to say that and TRY to cover your backsides..
I'll tell you now, you've stolen from the wrong person in me!!!

Old 11-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm also in Australia and I'm so peed off!!! Call their numbers they advertise, are they for real?? I couldnt tell you the wasted time I spent on the telephone trying to get hold of a customer support operator, if I got through at all.
So very angry that even as per their advice, I cancelled my order and returned and have found out that they have billed my credit card again. Not a Scam, of course a current employee is going to say that. The money they're stealing from us is paying their wages!!

Old 11-07-2013, 03:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm really sorry to all who have been scammed, but thought I'd let you know that they did the same to me last weekend. I now have my money back in my bank today, less than a week after them shafting me.. I suggest all who have been done over by this mob, put your disputes in to your banks and contact the police if you have to.. I wish you all the luck in your fights to this scamming company..

AND for the employees saying it's not a scam... Why has my money been put back in my account??? Because they scammed me out of it!!! Of course you're going to back your employers but dont come on to a site dribbling rubbish about them, saying they're a good company... You would say that, because for every scam transaction they steal from people, it's paying your wage!!! THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND IF I WORKED FOR THEM, I'D KEEP IT VERY QUIET. NO WAY I"D WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM..