report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2009, 01:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Geneva Housing Scam (also: Basel, Zürich)

This is without any doubt a scam and you should not get involved in such a deal. the person (with different names) also advertises flats at good locations in other Swiss cities (Zürich and Basel, maybe others):

Below is some of what the person writes.

-------------

Objekt:

Titel: Magnifique appartement - quartier de Florissant
Referenz-Nr.: 1415834
Strasse: Rte de Florissant 27
PLZ, Ort: 1206 Geneve
Bruttomiete: 850 CHF

----------

2009/3/22 Philippia Vuylsteke <phil.vuyl.ch@hotmail.com>
Bonsoir,

Mon nom est Philippia Vuylsteke et je suis avocat. J'ai hérité l'appartement Rte de Florissant 27, Geneve, de mon père en 2007. Je n'ai jamais habité en cet appartement parce que ma mère et mon père ont été divorcés et j'ai été élevé par ma mère dans Liverpool, United Kingdom. J'ai essayé de vendre l'appartement mais je ne pourrais pas obtenir un prix juste pour lui si j'ai décidé ensemble avec ma mère pour le louer à quelques gens agréables.
L'appartement est exactement comme vous le voit dans les images, entièrement fourni, mais j'ai l'option d'envoyant tous mes meubles dans l'emmagasinage si vous voulez amener votre propre (aucuns frais supplémentaires). Le loyer pour 1 mois est 850 CHF (pour l'appartement entier) y compris toutes utilités (l'eau, l'électricité, Internet, le câble, garant etc).
Vous pouvez vous déplacer dans l'appartement dans le même jour quand vous recevez les clefs. Le seul problème est que je suis incapable de partir le UK parce que mon cabinet d'avocats a gagné juste un contrat très important pour représenter une grande entreprise. Vous n'avez pas besoin de s'inquiéter, j'ai fait tous arrangements pour louer l'appartement d'ici, une agence s'occupera des affaires pour moi (avec aucuns frais supplémentaires pour vous).
Finale, je veux demander pardon pour mon mauvais français, j'espère que vous comprendrez. Si vous pouvez, nous pouvons discuter dans l'anglais, sera meilleur pour moi.

Merci,
Philippia Vuylsteke
----------

Hello again,

The photos are from the actual place. Like I informed you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 850 CHF. I don't solicit deposit month. The rent, I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, I hope it will be no problem for you. The rental period for my apartment can be minimum 3 months up to 7 years !
The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys to check it, and see if you like it. In order of that, I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well.
The solution is provided by a company called " TNT Abroad Rentals ", they handles various services for people who are unable to reslove them alone (for people who have work contracts abroad, with locomotory handicap, etc. ) I will pay for their services.

Let me know if you are interested and I will describe you the entire procedure step by step.

Greetings,
Philippia

Old 04-03-2009, 07:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Geneva Housing Scam (also: Basel, Zürich)

Hi thanks - you just saved me from parting with 450 euros for a supposed flat available in Cadiz, Spain - I had wanted to rent this place for a month, but perhaps for much longer, so was in contact with the ´woman´ who´d advertised it on www.habitamos. and who´d sent me exactly the same letter you´ve copied on this site - sent my blood cold when I saw it, as I´d been hoping to see the flat today and to meet the ágent´concerned, to hand over cash for rent, if the place proved suitable. I´ve already given details of my phone number and e-mail address, which will probably cause me more problems, but, at least, I´ve not parted with my hard -earned cash - thankyou very much, again.

Dartmoor

Old 04-06-2009, 02:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

and now Lucerne

I just contacted a someone via Immoscount for an apartment in Lucerne (Sälistrasse 20) and I got the exacte same email, just this time is a woman who is the lawyer but also the same company doing the buisness. It looks like they are expanding so be careful!

Good evening,

My name is Alanna Willette and I am a lawyer. I inherited the apartment in Sälistrasse 20, Luzern from my father in 2007.
I never lived in that apartment because my mother and father were divorced and I was raised by my mother in London, United Kingdom. I tried to sell the apartment but I couldn't get a fair price for it so I decided together with my mother to rent it to some nice people.
The apartment is exactly like you see it in the pictures, fully furnished, but I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs). The rent for 1 month is 1000 CHF (for the entire apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking etc).
You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I am unable to leave the United Kingdom because my law firm has just won a very important contract to represent a large company .
You don't need to worry, I have made all arrangements to rent the apartment from here, an agency will take care of business for me (with no extra cost for you).

Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from you soon !

All the best from London,
Alanna Willette

and also:

Hello again,

The photos are from the actual place. Like I informed you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 1000 CHF, I don't solicit deposit month. The rent, I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, I hope it will be no problem for you. You can stay in my apartment minimum 3 months, up to 7 years.
I would be happy to send me more details about you (age, what's your occupation, also you can send me a picture with you, this just to know us better..) Also, I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and how long...
The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys to check it, and see if you like it. In order of that, as I told you in my previous email, I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well.
The solution is provided by a company called " TNT Abroad Rentals ", they handles various services for people who are unable to reslove them alone (for people who have work contracts abroad, with locomotory handicap, etc. ) I will pay for their services.

Let me know if you are interested and I will describe you the entire procedure step by step.

Greetings,
Alanna Willette

Old 04-07-2009, 10:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hallo Nina79, ich habe auch diese E-Mail erhalten

-->

Good evening,

My name is Alanna Willette and I am a lawyer. I inherited the apartment in Sälistrasse 20, Luzern from my father in 2007.
I never lived in that apartment because my mother and father were divorced and I was raised by my mother in London, United Kingdom. I tried to sell the apartment but I couldn't get a fair price for it so I decided together with my mother to rent it to some nice people.
The apartment is exactly like you see it in the pictures, fully furnished, but I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs). The rent for 1 month is 1000 CHF (for the entire apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking etc).
You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I am unable to leave the United Kingdom because my law firm has just won a very important contract to represent a large company .
You don't need to worry, I have made all arrangements to rent the apartment from here, an agency will take care of business for me (with no extra cost for you).

Alanna Willette

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again,

The photos are from the actual place. Like I informed you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be 1000 CHF, I don't solicit deposit month. The rent, I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, I hope it will be no problem for you. You can stay in my apartment minimum 3 months, up to 7 years.
I would be happy to send me more details about you (age, what's your occupation, also you can send me a picture with you, this just to know us better..) Also, I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and how long...
The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys to check it, and see if you like it. In order of that, as I told you in my previous email, I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well.

Greetings,
Alanna Willette

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day,

I have to inform you the steps about how this service works and how we can make it happen:
1 - To start this transaction I will need to know your full shipping name and address to proceed with this deal.
2 - I will go to the my local TNT Office, I leave them the Keys and I make all the arrangements for the delivery.
3 - TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody.
4 - At this point you will have to transfer the first month of rent to the TNT agent assigned to handle our transaction, this is the policy of a abroad rental company, they must have a warranty from the potential tenant before starting the delivery.
5 - You have to send the informations about the money deposit to TNT. They will verify the payment informations and if everything is ok, the agent will come to show you the apartment.
6 - When the agent arrives there, he will call you to meet him and to go and visit the apartment with him.
* If you accept to rent the apartment, you sign all the papers with him and the transaction is finished.
* If you don't accept to rent my apartment, the agent will give your money back in the same day, you won't lose anything !

If you agree, please send me an email with your full name and addess, so I can contact TNT !

Thank you,
Alanna Willette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for your details, now I can tell everybody that my apartment has been rented.
Right now I will go to the TNT office and I will make all the arrangements for the delivery. As soon as I will finish, TNT will send you in your email an official payment invoice, here you will find all the shipping informations and all the payment instructions you need to start this transaction.
Please follow them and everything will be ok !

Thank you, keep in touch !
Alanna Willette

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to TNT Global Air Express
Our company is the WORLD market leader in Global Air Express and international mail services.

Third Party Service reduces risks associated with Internet transactions by acting as a licensed neutral third party for online transactions. The seller delivers the package to one of nearestTNT Global Air Express agents for the evaluation of contents. The package will remain in the company custody until the receiver will send the payment through a Money Order Service(WesternUnion Service). After verifying the funds, TNT Global Air Express is ready to ship the parcel to the designa ted address.

NOTE: We order to avoid the earlier pick up of the funds by the shipper based on fact that he is aware of the sent payment - we are thanking you for choosing our third party service for your transactions - which will be revealed to the shipper along with all the transaction details after the delivery and your clearance. Consider this security measure if you haven't bought from the seller before and you believe that this is in your best interest.

Address Information:

Ship To:

Shipper (Apartment Owner) :

First name Alanna
Last name Willette
Address 279 Edgware Road
City/State London
PostalCode NW9 6NB
Country United Kingdom

Shipment Information:
Service TNT Abroad Rentals
Delivered By TNT Global Express
Duration 2 days
Description of goods Apartment Keys and rental contract verified signed by the Sender. All the papers are double checked.
Declared Value CHF 1000.00
Western Union Fees refundable at receipt time

NOTE: *You will receive the Tracking Number after the payment is confirmed to us.
*The amount, including the transfer fees, will be 100 % refunded in case the receiver
refuse to rent the apartment after he will visit it.
Why do we use Western Union ?
*The seller has paid for an express transaction (48 hours) and Western Union is the
fastest way to transfer funds
*Our company (TNT Global Express) has an advertising contract with Western
Union

Package Information:

Apartment Keys and rental contract verified signed by the Sender.
All the papers are double checked.

Insured Value Amount: CHF 1000.00

Payment Information:

Important!
Payment information: (How to pay)
Locate the nearest WesternUnion Office nearest you : (available here)
Make the payment using money transfer to our TNT Agent name listed below and send the total amount of 1000.00 CHF
First name Patrick
Last name Brandon
Address 86 Leopold Road
City/State London
PostalCode SW27 8BB
Country United Kingdom

Pay for the transfer with cash at a local WesternUnion agent.
Once you sent payment, please email us the following informations:

* 10 digit MTCN number
* Sender's full name and address
* Receiver's full name
* The total amount you've sent (in GBP)

Warning!!! The payment must be made using WesternUnion . We will not confirm any payments made online. The payment must be made at one of WesternUnion Agent Locations, in person by the Buyer.

Intellectual and other property rights to the information contained in this site are hold by TNT Global Air Express B.V. with all

Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I also got exactly the same reply when I answered to an ad on Immoscout24.ch for a flat in Zurich (Militärstrasse 22, 8004 Zürich). The "woman" who sent me this letter also called herself Alanna Willette. I hate myself for having given her important information, but at least I got suspicious when she told me that I had to pay the rent for one month BEFORE being allowed to see the apartement. Therefore, I googled this name and saw this thread - thank you soo much for having saved me! These people should be sent to prison and shouldn't be able to scam any more people...

That's the first email I received:

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']> > Good evening,
> > >
> > >
> > > My name is Alanna Willette and I am a lawyer. I inherited the apartment in
> > > Militärstrasse 22, Zürich from my father in 2007. I never lived in that
> > > apartment because my mother and father were divorced and I was raised by my
> > > mother in London, United Kingdom. I tried to sell the apartment but I
> > > couldn't get a fair price for it so I decided together with my mother to
> > > rent it to some nice people.
> > > The apartment is exactly like you see it in the pictures, fully furnished,
> > > but I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want
> > > to bring your own (no extra costs). The rent for 1 month is 1560 CHF (for
> > > the entire apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet,
> > > cable, parking etc).
> > > You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys.
> > > The only problem is that I am unable to leave the United Kingdom because my
> > > law firm has just won a very important contract to represent a large company
> > > .
> > > You don't need to worry, I have made all arrangements to rent the apartment
> > > from here, an agency will take care of business for me (with no extra cost
> > > for you).
> > >
> > > Thank you for your interest and I will look forward to hearing from you
> > > soon !
> > >
> > > All the best from London,
> > > Alanna Willette[/font]

Old 04-09-2009, 08:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi all,
I posted the earlier message re. Cadiz, Spain and have continued to receive the later e-mailed responses - apparently attempting to arrange a viewing and keys in return for cash to be sent to the ágent´ - from the supposed owner of the advertised flat - Louise Bennett, claiming to be in England - despite my having sent a short message to ´her´, making it clear I was aware of the scam - perhaps these replies are computer generated, once a prospective tenant has expressed interest via e-mail - all of those sent to me have been identical to those copied above in this thread, from other cities, except for the name of the flat´s ówner´!

I´ve now advised the site controller at www habitamos.com of the nature of the advert posted and have received a positive response concerning its removal - however, I´ve now found very similar adverts on several other web pages advertising flats to rent in Andalucia, Spain!

Thanks for the posts here - I wouldn´t have sent any money to the ágent´without seeing the flat first but did waste two days trying to organise a viewing and wondering why it was proving so difficult!

Dartmoor

Old 04-10-2009, 12:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

In Zürich maybe?

Hi

I saw two days ago an advertisment on homegate.ch for a flat in Zürich. It is good located fully furnished and cheap as well. And now I received this email of tnt abroad rentals, which made me very suspicious.
What do you think about that?
The flat owner wrote me this:

Hi again ,

Please read this email carefully and provide the requested information only if you agree with the procedure !
As I told you in my previous email I have contracted an abroad rentals agency . They handle rentals for people with locomotory handicap , people who can't leave their jobs to show their apartments in person or for whatever valid reason
They will send an agent to show you the apartment in my name at a schedualed date (at your convenience ) . You will meet with the agent at the schedualed date and hour at the address of the apartment .
The problem is that the rentals company requests payment for one month in advance to be sure that the client really has the intention of renting the apartment . It kind of makes sense since they handle abroad rentals and they send the agents all over Europe .
I have already signed a contract with them and and I have already paid for the service so if you want to rent this apartment we will have to follow the rules of the rental agency .
I want to make 2 things very clear :
1) the 1 month that you have to pay in advance is 100 % refundable if you don't like the apartment ( if you want to keep the apartment the rentals agency will give me the money as payment for the first month of rent )
2) the payment is a simple formality and by paying you are not forced to rent the apartment .you are just respecting the policy of a
abroad rentals company .
Now , in order to start the transaction I will need the following information from you :
a) your full name ( first name , last name )
b) your current address ( street name , street number , postal code , city )
c) your telephone number (mobile or home number )
d) rental period (period you want on the rental contract )
I am willing to offer you a discount of 150 CHF for every month paid in advance . For example the price for 2 months paid in advance will be 2500 -150 = 2350 CHF , for 3 months - 3750 -300 = 3450 CHF and so on .
After I will receive this information from you I will go to the rentals agency 's office and complete the papers with your information .
They will send you an invoice with the payment and delivery instructions and all you have to do is follow these instructions and we will not have any problems .Best Regards ,
Erick

Old 04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

And the very first Mail was this one:
Did anyone receive the same?

Hello ,

I received your email of interest for the rental of my apartment in Mutschellenstrasse 10 ,Zürich listed at 1250 CHF . Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you , like how many persons do you intend to live in my apartment , for what period , etc . I will tell you from the beginning that I don't have a problem if you are a student and I don't have a problem with pets (I own a little dog myself) .
Now , I am going to tell you something about the apartment and myself so we can get to know each other .
The apartment is exactly like in the pictures , fully furnished , renovated with taste and available from 2 months - 10 years . Also , very important , the utilities ( water , gas , electricity , Internet , cable TV , etc) are INCLUDED in the price of 1250 CHF/month .
About myself , I am 59 Years old , I am very respected economist and I work for a large company in Liverpool . I tried to sell the apartment but I couldn't get a fair price due to the financial crisis so I decided together with my wife to rent it to some nice people .
At this moment I am in Liverpool but I have made all the arrangements to rent the apartment from here after I decide to whom . I have received a lot of email for this apartment so I removed the announcement from the Internet , but is is still available .

Thank you for your interest and I will wait your email .

Shaw Peter Erick

Old 04-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

We got the exact e-mails for the same apartment Mutschellenstrasse 10 ,Zürich. It seemed too good to be true and it looks like it is. Markus

Old 04-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I also received this scam and got suspicious when I received the below e-mail of Peter Erik Shaw and that I have to pay rental for one month before viewing the flat. I googled it and found this page. Thank you to everyone for sharing the information. I cannot believe it and it is so frustrating because I provided private information that I shouldn't have. Homegate should do something against this criminal abuse. And I should not have been so stupid to believe that such a great officer exists.

Please read this email carefully and provide the requested information only if you agree with the procedure !
As I told you in my previous email I have contracted an abroad rentals agency . They handle rentals for people with locomotory handicap , people who can't leave their jobs to show their apartments in person or for whatever valid reason
They will send an agent to show you the apartment in my name at a scheduled date (at your convenience ) . You will meet with the agent at the scheduled date and hour at the address of the apartment .
The problem is that the rentals company requests payment for one month in advance to be sure that the client really has the intention of renting the apartment . It kind of makes sense since they handle abroad rentals and they send the agents all over Europe .
I have already signed a contract with them and and I have already paid for the service so if you want to rent this apartment we will have to follow the rules of the rental agency .
1) the 1 month that you have to pay in advance is 100 % refundable if you don't like the apartment ( if you want to keep the apartment the rentals agency will give me the money as payment for the first month of rent )
2) the payment is a simple formality and by paying you are not forced to rent the apartment .you are just respecting the policy of a
abroad rentals company .
Now , in order to start the transaction I will need the following information from you :
I am willing to offer you a discount of 150 CHF for every month paid in advance . For example the price for 2 months paid in advance will be 2500 -150 = 2350 CHF , for 3 months - 3750 -300 = 3450 CHF and so on .
After I will receive this information from you I will go to the rentals agency 's office and complete the papers with your information .
They will send you an invoice with the payment and delivery instructions and all you have to do is follow these instructions and we will not have any problems .
Best Regards ,
Erick

Old 04-13-2009, 04:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Here is another that looks like a scam (from today): Immoscout24.ch #1439640 3 Zimmerwohnung in Gessnerallee Zimmer 3 m2 92 Bruttomiete CHF 1'260 Comments?

Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi again, glad others here are sharing their info. on this scam.

Please could I ask that you all advise the relevant host site, where these ads. are being posted? I´ve done so, in the hope it will help close down this scam and also sent copies of all e-mails received, for info. - are there many different sharks involved in trying to swindle money from us, or is it one giant fraud perpetrated by one or two thieves only? WHATEVER - WE NEED TO ALERT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE, so please do take the time to e-mail those hosts!!

Yes, sadly, I think all the examples above are part of the same type of scam -the wording in the e-mails sent to prospective tenants is the same as in those sent to me, too. I´m not now receiving any more, thank goodness!

P´raps. with permission from the first ´postee´, we should rename this thread, now we know the problem has spread beyond Switzerland - then more people could discover the true nature of such adverts, elsewhere - mine was for a flat in Cadiz, Spain, and. no doubt, there will be more!

Thanks again,
Dartmoor.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

And here is my one from the 14.05.09

Hello,
My name is Dahlia Edain Hosannah, I am a economist and I work for a large company in London.
I received your e-mail of interest for the rental of my apartment in Gessnerallee 48, Zürich listed at 1260 CHF .
The reason why I want to rent this apartment is because I inherited it from my father in 2007 and I never lived there because my mother and father were divorced and I was raised by my mother in London, United Kingdom. I tried to sell the apartment but I couldn't get a fair price for it (due to the financial crisis) so I decided together with my mother to rent it to some nice people.
The apartment is exactly like you see it in the pictures, fully furnished, but I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs). Also, very important, the utilities (water , gas , electricity , Internet , cable TV , etc) are INCLUDED in the price of 1260 CHF/month. You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I am unable to leave the United Kingdom because of my job, but you don't need to worry, I have made all arrangements to rent the apartment from here, an agency will take care of business for me (with no extra cost for you).

Dahlia Edain Hosannah

Old 04-15-2009, 05:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi everyone!
First of all, thank you for all your posts.
it seems that the scam is also in France...
here is what I've received!
I'm glad to know I'm not the first one to have troubls with renting an appartment from the internet!

Bonjour,
Mon nom est Dahlia Edain Hosannah et je suis avocat. J'ai hérité l'appartement rue Cler 75007, Paris de mon père en 2007. Je n'ai jamais habité en cet appartement parce que ma mère et mon père ont été divorcés et j'ai été élevé par ma mère dans Londres, Royaume-Uni. J'ai essayé de vendre l'appartement mais je ne pourrais pas obtenir un prix juste pour lui (raison de la crise financière) si j'ai décidé ensemble avec ma mère pour le louer à quelques gens agréables.
L'appartement est exactement comme vous le voit dans les images, entièrement fourni, mais j'ai l'option d'envoyant tous mes meubles dans l'emmagasinage si vous voulez amener votre propre (aucuns frais supplémentaires). Le loyer pour 1 mois est 680 EURO (pour l'appartement entier) y compris toutes utilités (l'eau, l'électricité, Internet, le câble, garant etc).
Vous pouvez vous déplacer dans l'appartement dans le même jour quand vous recevez les clefs. Le seul problème est que je suis incapable de partir le Royaume-Uni parce que mon cabinet d'avocats a gagné juste un contrat très important pour représenter une grande entreprise. Vous n'avez pas besoin de s'inquiéter, j'ai fait tous arrangements pour louer l'appartement d'ici, une agence s'occupera des affaires pour moi (avec aucuns frais supplémentaires pour vous).
Finale, je veux demander pardon pour mon mauvais français, j'espère que vous comprendrez. Si vous pouvez, nous pouvons discuter dans l'anglais, sera meilleur pour moi.

Merci,
Dahlia Edain Hosannah

Old 04-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I found a similar offer also on Immoscout24. It was a 3 room apartment. I didn’t know it would be fully furnished that’s why I asked for more details. The offer was for 1150 Fr. a very good price for the location the house would be (It exists, but with no sign of a Mr. Shaw). After I received the first email, where Peter Shaw (but signet with Erick) told me that the apartment would be fully furnished as in the pictures showed, I wrote back that I’m not looking for a furnished apartment and that I will have to continue looking for another apartment. A day later I got another email from Erick that he thinks I’m a nice person and he had decided that I could rent his apartment. Even though I wasn’t interested in the offer anymore I got suspicious that there is something wrong and wanted to know if the apartment exists at all and it does. Next I searched the internet for a Peter Shaw, but found nothing. Via Erick Shaw and google I found this site which confirmed my suspicions.

What I also found strange was that first the price was 1150. In the second mail it was 1250.

Well here are the 2 mails I got. They are very similar to the ones above.

Hello ,
I received your email of interest for the rental of my apartment in Fritz Fleiner-Weg 7,8044 Zürich listed at 1150 CHF on www.immoscout24.ch. Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you , like how many persons do you intend to live in my apartment , for what period , etc . I will tell you from the beginning that I don't have a problem if you are a student and I don't have a problem with pets (I own a little dog myself) .
Now , I am going to tell you something about the apartment and myself so we can get to know each other .
The apartment is exactly like in the pictures , fully furnished , renovated with taste and available from 2 months - 10 years . Also , very important , the utilities ( water , gas , electricity , Internet , cable TV , etc) are INCLUDED in the price of 1150 CHF/month .
About myself , I am 59 Years old , I am very respected economist and I work for a large company in Liverpool . I tried to sell the apartment but I couldn't get a fair price due to the financial crisis so I decided together with my wife to rent it to some nice people .
At this moment I am in Liverpool but I have made all the arrangements to rent the apartment from here after I decide to whom .
Thank you for your interest and I will wait your email .
Shaw Erick

My replay:
Hello,

Thank you very much for your replay. I’m looking for an apartment that is unfurnished as I would like to keep my own furniture and I’m planning on staying in Zurich after I’m finished with my studies. Otherwise your apartment would have been perfect, also the price and the location. So I think I have to continue with searching for what I’m looking for.

I hope you find someone nice. Best regards

Hi ,
I agree to rent my apartment to you at the price of 1250 CHF all utilities included . You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems . All that I request is that you pay your rent in time . I will not bother you with anything else .
The apartment looks exactly like you see it in the pictures . You already have the address so you can check out the area and if everything is ok with you we can begin the transaction with the rentals company in order to send an agent to show you the apartment .
Important ! I will pay for the services of the rental company .
I request 1 month of deposit which will be returned at the end of the contract or they will be the payment for the last month of rent .
If you agree with everything I will send you an email and I will explain the procedure to you step by step .
I will wait your email with your decision !
Erick

Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I found a similar offer in immobilienscout24.de. It was a 3 room apartment in Munich, offered by George Button. His E-Mail is:
georgebutton60@live.com

This is the email that made me suspicious:

Hi again ,

They will send an agent to show you the apartment in my name at a scheduled date (at your convenience ) . You will meet with the agent at the scheduled date and hour at the address of the apartment .
abroad rentals company .
I am willing to offer you a discount of 100 EUR for every month paid in advance . For example the price for 2 months paid in advance will be 2200 -200 = 2000 EUR , for 3 months - 3300 - 300 = 3000 EUR and so on .
They will send you an invoice with the payment and delivery instructions and all you have to do is follow these instructions and we will not have any problems .

Best Regards ,

George

Old 05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Don't believe this scam. I'm from switzerland an we read in our newspapers weekly about victimized people on this way.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

sorry for double posting (http://www.englishforum.ch/housing-g...tml#post493901) - but in this case the more the better, i think:

I am looking for an appartment in Geneva and found this one (too good to be true):

http://www.pilote.ch/pilote/addetail...m?adId=5397935

Here is the reply I got just now from Mr. "Bell" - another nice thing, the original ad was posted by somebody calling himself Jean Luc "Demon" ;-)

This site is an aggregator, most of the ads are harvested from the other sites. This one was inserted manually. And to insert it, you have to pay! Do you also wonder if they could trace him? Those people should go to prison.

--

Hello ,

my name is Daniel Bell and I am a retired electrical engineer at 65 years . I inherited the apartment in 1208 Genève, Rute de Malagnou 6, from my sister Maria Bell in 2007 but I never lived in that apartment because i am staying in Glasgow , Scotland for the past 30 years . I tried to sell the apartment but i couldn't obtain the price I was looking for so I decided together with my wife and daughter to rent it to some agreeable persons.
The apartment is exactly like you are seeing it in the photos , completely furnished, but I have the option to send all my furniture in a storage if you want to bring your own one ( no additional costs).
The rent for 1 month is 1000 EURO (for the entire apartment) inclusive all utilities (water, the electricity, the Internet, the cable, parking etc).
The period of minimal rent is 2 months up to 5 years.
You can move in the apartment in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that we cannot leave Scotland because we are too old to come and my daughter cannot leave her job . Maybe you have the possibility to come here to take the keys and in this way we can know each other better.
If you cannot come, you do not need to worry, I have done all arrangements to rent the apartment from here, with a british agency that will take care of the business for me (with no additional cost for you).
If we cannot meet face to face it is very important for me and my wife to see the persons who will rent the apartment at least on an webcam. So please add the Messenger address danielbell1944@hotmail.com for a video conference . Also you can give me your telephone number so my daughter can call you if you want to discuss by phone.

My best regards ,
Daniel Bell