report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2009, 12:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

NuVet Labs dog Tabs

I wonder if anyone has heard of or is familiar with this online company, NuVet Labs. They sell canine vitamins, but do not fully disclose their contents. I ask because I discovered many breeders that sell their puppies include the necessity to give your pup the vitamins under the health contract. The puppy owner then must order online and give a specific number (I assume that this identifies the breeder...and they then get a kickback). The vitamins are quite expensive. I have checked through the net and have only found one or two negative/suspicious listings...The rest gush over the product! I wonder if anyone knows of NuVet Labs and whether it is indeed a scam. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2010, 04:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: NuVet Labs dog Tabs

Yes, I have heard of them and I promote their products.
The order code is for identifying the referrer and we do get commissions.
NuVet is not sold in stores because we want to control how it is stored.
This is not a MLM marketing scam.
Only breeders, groomers and vets can
sell these products. Yes they are a little expensive but they are worth it.
If you want to know the ingredients of these products just go online to www.nuvetstore.com.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Im am about to order a product for the first time from them so im not an expert. They tell you all there ingredients on there website and they offer a 60 day moneyback guarantee. So i cant see how its a scam.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am also familiar with the products as have used them on my pets for sometime. I do not think they are a scam, as the products have extended the lives of my dogs. Like many companies looking to broaden there business, I believe they have a program for refering the product as I order with a code number given from a breeder. I would contact them and get samples of the products and make a self evaluation on your own pets.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The NuVet scam is implemented indirectly, with participating breeders and breeder brokers REQUIRING buyers of their puppies to use NuVet product supplements in order for breeder guarantees to remain valid. That is, if the puppy buyer fails to maintain a NuVet supplemental regiment - as stipulated in the buyer contract, with receipts proving the continuous purchase of REQUIRED NuVet products - the guarantee is void.

This obviously is an exclusive product scheme (kickbacks) between participating breeders and NuVet Labs under the guise of proper pet health. It provides a breeder with an easy way out of honoring a guarantee and for NuVet Labs to maintain a monopoly within a particular market.

Here's just one example of such contract language from one of the largest puppy brokers (Purebred Breeders) in the United States. From paragraph 20, page 4 of "Limitations of Lifetime Guarantee" - note the language and how the requirement and the list of "recommended" products are separated by several pages:

"You must follow PUREBRED BREEDERS, LLC recommended nutritional program, including feeding only premium dog foods and vitamin supplement listed in the paperwork that we give you at the time of purchase [this is the paperwork]. You must retain all receipts for food and vitamins to show you are abiding by this guarantee."

And here is the "vitamin supplement listed in the paperwork" on page 7 of the contract:

"Purebred Breeders recommends feeding your puppy premium dog foods such as Eukanuba, Purina Pro Plan, or Life’s Abundance. We recommend giving your puppy vitamin supplements such as NuVet Plus. However, you should consult your veterinarian as to what food and/or vitamins he/she recommends. NuVet Plus vitamins can be found at website.com/XXXXX [referral number]."

You must follow their nutritional program, which stipulates NuVet Plus vitamin supplements in order for the breeder-guarantee to remain valid. The "recommended" and "such as" language is intended to soften the impression of requiring exclusive use of NuVet Lab supplements, but is nevertheless exclusively required for the guarantee to remain in effect.

These type of contractual loopholes and monopoly tactics need to be challenged in court, or at the very least brought to the attention of consumer groups, new and potential pet owners, and perhaps state attorney generals. I know of no licensed veterinarian who would recommend a vitamin supplement for healthy puppies, or even adult dogs without specific health needs.

Last edited by Yithryl : 05-16-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: clarification