report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Run-Local-Locksmith.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie01 View Post
Thatís really very sad to hear. In future if at all you will fell the need of a locksmith then try searching online. You will find lot of options to choose from, so you can select one according to your comfort. Make sure that the locksmith is very good and experienced and also skilled. There are good locksmith out there who are providing good service.
Thank you...a locksmith is only needed once before the lesson is learned...I am certain I won't need to look online.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Newbie Member

For all of you to be informed. Every state has a licensing board. I checked my locksmith out and he had no license. Someone with the same last name but a different first name was fined and not allowed to practice for three years for doing work without a license. It is very easy to find your state licensing board so get ID on any locksmith so they don't make up a name like Run Local does and check if they are working with out without a license.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie01 View Post
Thatís really very sad to hear. In future if at all you will fell the need of a locksmith then try searching online. You will find lot of options to choose from, so you can select one according to your comfort. Make sure that the locksmith is very good and experienced and also skilled. There are good locksmith out there who are providing good service.
Actually there is nothing sad about it "Jackie". When justice is exacted through Lisa Madigan's office and through the Illinois licensing board then men taking advantage of women and other people finally helps make these remorseless and rude individuals feel remorse at least for themselves.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i work as a locksmith in phoenix az. i work for a locksmith known as locksmith charley and he has filed a lawsuit here in AZ. check out www.thelocksmithpolice.com

Old 11-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Banned

Why all you are panic so much.

Why all you are panic so much. Sometimes it happened with all. We always go with some mis-understandings. Sometimes we had bad experience also. That does not mean that you all people make panic and blame to them. If they work for your safty, they must charged you the amount, and u must pay to them. We had also a good experience with these guys. As they had opened my store room with was locked from inside. They worked for 30 min and finally opened the door. So I don't think that there is any means of panic. They are here for our help, not for blaming.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

@c4lawyers

You were not believable when you posted in this thread under the names Johanna Taylor and Aaron Rodgerss and you certainly are not believable now.

Posting under multiple usernames, especially to promote your scam, is not allowed here. Good bye.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 AM
I am new at Scam.com

What is more disgraceful is the lack of writing ability on some of these posts. What should be done is calling the police first, then if necessary, calling a real local locksmith. If the police don't have anything else going on, they can always wait for the locksmith to show up. Then they can check for identification and licensure of the "locksmith."
If any "locksmith" shows hostility, they should be arrested and certainly not paid. Remember, the police are paid by taxes and would be thrilled arresting a "locksmith" on the spot. So much for hindsight.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

anyone who thinks they have been scammed by a locksmith please go to this site and file a complant.
www.thelocksmithpolice.com

Old 12-03-2010, 01:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

1. Run Local Locksmith fixed my broken front door and now I can buzz all of my friends up to my apartment without having to go up and down three flights of stairs. Not fun. Especially when the game is on! I had other locksmith companies come by and take a look but they basically wanted to install a whole new system. Wow! I'm not the owner of the building, I'm just a renter. Needless to say I was grateful to Run Local Locksmith for not only their honesty but their thorough knowledge of security doors and intercoms. Reasonable prices for incredible service. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2010, 01:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

1. The team of Run Local Locksmith was extremely courteous and professional over the phone. Up-front about all costs involved to rekey my home. The final price actually ended up being less than the original estimate! Can't ask for anything more especially given the quality and professionalism I received. Hats off!

Old 12-03-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezBez View Post
I had other locksmith companies come by and take a look but they basically wanted to install a whole new system. Wow! I'm not the owner of the building, I'm just a renter.
Wow, a renter that pays for multiple estimates to fix something he doesn't own. Amazing!! And then goes on to pay for those repairs. Simply Amazing!!

Quote:
Up-front about all costs involved to rekey my home.
Rekey? Thought you had a broken buzzer? You had a broken door lock as well? And you paid to have it fixed instead of calling the landlord or the city's rental inspector? WOW, isn't that generous of you. Do you pay to have other repairs done? Your landlord must love you, paying to have all this work done on a place you don't own.

Just how did you find this thread to post your gushing story? Did you google "run-local-locksmith scam"? Why the sudden urge to tell your vague and simply amazing story?

How about posting some actual details? Name of the technician and his license number for instance? The building address? Date and time of the repairs? Receipt? Any evidence what-so-ever for this story?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

In many states there is no license required to be a locksmith and the law will do nothing due to the laws in these states do not protect you after you make the call to the locksmith scammers. The problem is from where you get the number for your locksmith. If you call 411, Google locksmith or look in the phonebook there is a good chance that you will end up with one of the scamming locksmith. The reason for this is that the scammers have hundreds of numbers at go to a call center that may not even be in your state and addresses that do not belong to any of the scammersí numbers. The addresses are for businesses like subway, ups, and government offices and here in phoenix AZ they have used the local sports arena. Be prepared. You can go to www.findalocksmith.com to find a locksmith in your area. This is the Associated Locksmiths of America website. If you feel that you have been a victim of the locksmith scammers you can go to www.thelocksmithpolice.com or go to the state attorney general office and file a complaint. The locksmith police are working hard to shutdown the locksmith scammers here in Arizona. We will be taking this lawsuit nation wide. The more info we get from consumers the easer it will be to take this case nation wide.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Newbie Member

Each state has a department of professional regulation since locksmith licenses are highly regulated. In IL it is http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/licenselookup/
There is a reason for this regulation. People who can get into cars and homes can be dangerous and licenses need to be kept. My personal experience when I spoke of reporting my unlicensed locksmith from Run Local, he had me followed at work and my health club. Dangerous indeed. Take care of reporting them on the spot to avoid this. Do call the police and have them charged for working without a license while they are at your place.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Banned

Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith

Last edited by runlocallocksmi : 12-06-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Banned

Let me be honest. When I called the locksmith from the Run Local Locksmith company, he was indeed there in the next 15 minutes. The person did take some time to rekey the door but I think it was due to his measured and careful approach. And, he was carrying his locksmith license as the proof his authenticity.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsmith View Post

Let me be honest.
Well, paulsmith/runlocallocksmi . . . if you're so honest, perhaps you could explain why you're using two usernames on the same thread.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Banned

Expert Locksmiths - Automobile

The keys of my BMW got locked inside it accidentally. I used the internet to find who can open its door without any damage. The first few calls to the service providers were either transferred to the automated voice recorders or were not responded at all, which I found quite strange. Run Local Locksmith not only took the call at 2 in night but also sent the expert automobile locksmith within next 25 minutes.

Last edited by richardjames : 12-13-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 PM

@ paulsmith runlocallocksmi and richardjames
3 names in a lame attempt to try and make your scam seem believable. You do realize that you are only making yourself and your scam look worse with such postings, don't you?