report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Run-Local-Locksmith.com

Based on a horrifying experience, this national business uses false advertising and carries misleading charges. They claim that the locksmith services start at $29 but don't write that this fee is just for the technician reporting to the site alone. Additional charges apply making a minimum total charge amount at $125. They also claim that a technician will be at the site within 15 minutes of the call. This is inaccurate when the technician actually called within 15 minutes of the call, lied about the estimated time of arrival, and then showed up nearly two hours after the initial call! On top of that, the technician was rude, threatening and violent. Anyone requiring locksmith services should be highly warned to stay away from this company and use a real locally advertised locksmith.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

Re: Run-Local-Locksmith.com

Welcome to Scam.com.

Per the WhoIs info,
Quote:
domain: run-local-locksmith.com
created: 08-Jan-2008
last-changed: 07-Jan-2009
registration-expiration: 08-Jan-2010

registrant-firstname: Meni
registrant-lastname: Agababayev
registrant-organization: RunLocal Locksmith
registrant-street1: 8100 Denwood Dr
registrant-pcode: 48312
registrant-state: MI
registrant-city: Sterling Heights
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.8009286165
The website was just registered last Jan. The address comes back with Whitepages.com as a apartment complex, but does have this listing,
Quote:
Meni Agababavev
work
8100 Denwood Dr, Apt 106
Sterling Heights, MI 48312-5937
phone number unavailable
Job title: Owner
Company: Always Available Locksmith
File a complaint with the BBB.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is kind of sad actually because I had to call the locksmith to open my home today since I got locked out with my keys inside. (totally irresponsible of me)
Well, it took a guy with an unmark car 2 1/2 hour to get to my home and charged me 5xs the amount the quote he gave me on the phone.
Not knowing I was being scamed, I just gave in. Lesson learned.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Run Local Locksmith

This company advertises locksmith services for "Only $29" and service in 15 minutes. The technician took an hour to arrive and then informed my husband that $29 was the service charge and that "labor" would be additional. He insisted that the $29 was owed him just for showing up, regardless of whether or not he performed any services. $128 and 2 minutes later the locksmith smugly informed my stupified husband that he could have purchased the tool he'd used for $10 dollars himself and opened his own car!

I have attempted several times, unsuccessfully to communicate directly with the elusive "Juan" who is apparently a supervisor at the lockmith company. He is perpetually "out at the moment" or "busy" and the dispatchers who answer the phonelines are minimally helpful at best. There is no address listed anywhere so I cannot even file a complaint with the BBB and obviously they are not a member. Honestly, $30 is very low and I wouldn't be opposed to paying more for a locksmith. However, I value honesty and professionalism highly and this company falls dismally short in that regard.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i just experienced the same scam so stupid of me should had review the Run local in the net. but i was locked out used the google from neighbour call them and after one hour i was $253 poorer with harrasment, intimidation and mockery and shoddy work.
never call them and use their service

Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Run Local Locksmith

I am going through the same scam.
i was overcharged, shoddy work, intimidating guy.
trying to talk to juan (so called suprvsor) but cant get hold of em.
let me know what we can do in this regard.
i am completely exhausted, tired and sad . can not imagine that you can get rip off like this in broad day light

alas

Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I agree with the previous post. This company is a big SCAM. They overcharged me big time, did a poor job and are unprofessional. Stay away from these thieves.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Newbie Member

I know that not only do the "locksmiths" make up prices by how they are feeling at the moment toward a person but also that they are not licensed and not legally in the country. I was asked out by one and had to suffer his rude friends and his immoral ways eventually. I found out that none of them are licensed and being helped to make money in this country illegally. They are required to have a license to work and they learn on the job and make errors. It was admitted to me they damaged cars and learned as they went. I regret so much ever going out with such a looser. He flirted with me on the job and then he was the most awful, immoral person with terrible friends, all working illegally in this country. Everyone should require license check on all of them and make sure they show identification with a real name. The one I went out with just said an American name but his real name is Israeli. He lives in Skokie, IL and my experience was in the greated Chicago area.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned

Hi MrsHowell,

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website. Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once (888) 686-3088

Old 10-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned

Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .I agree

Hi MrsHowell,

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website. Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once (888) 686-3088

Old 10-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

Re : Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith

All this seems to me a crap and made up stories . I have personally called them and taken up the services from them it's all fake and some unfaithful stories that you are making. Probably fo once you may have come across the bad service due to one of the technicians but generalizing it on whole of the company is not that good. Every Individual has particular attitude . Its just that . When I took the services from them 3 years back they were wonderful and now they are awesome in delivering the best of the services of the world. The technicians are very well groomed and very well trained for the services being offered

Old 10-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqmosharraf View Post
I am going through the same scam.
i was overcharged, shoddy work, intimidating guy.
trying to talk to juan (so called suprvsor) but cant get hold of em.
let me know what we can do in this regard.
i am completely exhausted, tired and sad . can not imagine that you can get rip off like this in broad day light

alas
Hi Mr Tariqmosharraf , I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope Mr.Angry Dawg that you will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned

Best Services of Locksmith - Happyyyyyyy

Hey , Johanna I agree with you . They have best services to offer . I am so glad when I most needed an excellent service provider of Locksmith - Key duplication services Run Local Lock Smith was there to help me

I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB Accredited business and also in list of Illinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section .Run Local Locksmith has all accreditation required to run smooth business and now I have heard they really have great services to offer. For sure they have the best services now as my neighbors have taken services from them and they said they were great.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Banned

To spread rumors is not good.

Mr Angry Dawg, I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope Mr.Angry Dawg that you will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

@ Johanna Taylor and Aaron Rodgerss
Posting under multiple usernames is not allowed here. Good bye.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 10-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Newbie Member

Hi Yanir A,

It is only natural that the technicians themselves would get on here and try very hard to post millions of positive messages about themselves so they keep their jobs or the company keeps its reputation. I have not known many happy people happy with the service and by first hand knowing the technicicans I do know they are un-licensed by admission and have heard all the terrible things they have done to screw up on cars while learning. I think if someone destroyed my vehicle in the process of illegal work without a license and charged me without fixing the damage to my car I would feel much like angry dawg. I did have the "locksmith" admit this story to me. They are a bunch of beer drinking loud, rude men working out of the Chicago location. They mostly live at the same address because they are all from Israel and trying to get a start in this country. They learn as they go and do not have licenses. This is full admission on their part to me. It is illegal to work without knowledge of a trade and without being licensed. I think I will file my own claim soon since I know this is the company itself trying desperately to bolster its name because no one would bother to look up the scam stie unless they had an issue except the company and its workers who want to keep their jobs. I think you have just made a ridiculous effort obvious to everyone to keep company reputation with multiple posts to cover up what has been said. Everyone has their right to speak what they experienced and know so why are you criticizing everyone in such interest of this company when most people would just be happy with service and then not look up a scam site after and make a million positive posts all at one time by the same person? Looks pretty ridiculous.

Disgust

Old 10-25-2010, 07:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I totally agree with Disgust.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thatís really very sad to hear. In future if at all you will fell the need of a locksmith then try searching online. You will find lot of options to choose from, so you can select one according to your comfort. Make sure that the locksmith is very good and experienced and also skilled. There are good locksmith out there who are providing good service.