report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2009, 02:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

seatwave.com TICKET SCAMS & PROBLEMS

hi there - i recently bought a ticket from www.seatwave.com that claims to be an online ticket sharing website for fans to be able to sell on tickets for events that they 'can no longer go to' etc. Anyways, I bought a ticket for an AC Milan football match recently for £50 - when i picked it up, it had the price printed on it and it was worth £10!!! I would like to hear form anyone else who has had dealings with these people as i believe it to be a total scam and that they are conning people out of money!
DON'T BUY FROM THEM WHATEVER U DO!

also, it said 'only 45 remaining!' of course i was sceptical - but i bought it anyway, it said only 45 remaining for the next week :S suspicious?!!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: seatwave.com TICKET SCAMS & PROBLEMS

here's some evidence of the awful service and quality they offer - http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews165542.html

Old 06-16-2009, 05:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got ripped off by Seatwave too. I bought a ticket for a concert on June 14th on June 13th and, after I'd paid £92, they said there was no way they could get it to me on time. Then I contacted the venue box office and got a ticket for £40. Don't use them!

Old 07-14-2009, 12:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I certainly won't use them again.

Bought my son tickets back in February 09 for Benicassim for his 18th birthday. I asked for them to be sent to me in Spain. They assured me that the tickets would arrive by UPS five days prior to the event and that I would need to sign for them. When I hadn't received them by the Thursday, a week before the event, I called them up and they told me they would be with me by Saturday. I informed them that my son was travelling to Barcelona on the Monday and what would happen if they had not arrived.

They told me that they would either organise an e-ticket for him or arrange to courier another ticket to him at the festival.

When I phoned them from the airport on Monday morning, still having not received them and my son already aboard his flight, they told me that they could not source a ticket for him. They told me that the vendor had sent the ticket that morning to my address in Spain by regular royal mail post from the UK. What a tw*t!!! My son is now up in Benicassim without a ticket or a place to stay.

Whilst seatwave guarantee you delivery, they can't guarantee that their sellers won't be idiots!!

At least they do guarantee I'll get a full refund, but my son is gutted and you can't put a price on that.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Okay... a bit of a revision on my last post.

I emailed Seatwave to express my disatisfaction at their service and received a call from the Vice President of the company. He apologised for the service I had received and not only offered a full refund for the ticket, which I know they would have given anyway, but also the cost of my son's flight to Barcelona and an extra £40 on top for the inconvenience.

Having spoken to the V/P and looked into Seatwave a little more ... I wouldn't class them as a scam. I think they are a legit company trying to do good business, unfortunately they have to rely on the good will (and common sense) of their vendors and that's where I think the problem lies.

I don't know what system they can employ to mitigate that, that's for them to try and work out, but I can say from my most recent contact (and my own opinion) that they seem like a company with integrity who are willing to admit when things go wrong and will try to ensure ensure that they don't happen again.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I sold a ticket for T in the Park Festival on Seatwave. A few days before the event, Ticketmaster informed me that they would not dispatch tickets and that they would instead be available for pick-up at the festival location. If a third party is attending the festival, then a letter of authorization would be sufficient. I wrote to Seatwave about this 3 times during the days following up to the event, forwarded my letter of authorization for my buyer, and received no response.

Only 10 days after the event, and at my 6th solicitation, did I get a response from Seatwave’s support team informing me that my buyer was not willing to accept my letter of authorization, and that the order was subsequently cancelled. However:
1. I was never informed that my order had been cancelled until after the event, which is absurd because I would have naturally tried to sell my ticket elsewhere.
2. Seatwave was unable to send me proof of correspondence between my buyer and Seatwave, or any proof whatsoever that my buyer was indeed unwilling to accept my letter of authorization. I find this quite suspicious.
3. Seatwave is now refusing to take any further action.

See below correspondence.

Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:36 PM
Subject: RE: AUTO SUPPORT MAIL: PERF DATE:10-07-09, TYPE:OTHER, REF:373588, SEASON: T in the Park Festival, CALL BACK: FALSE

Dear XXX,

Many thanks for your email.

As mentioned previously there is nothing more Seatwave can do on this occasion.

We again apologize that you were not informed that this order was cancelled and for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Kind Regards

------------
Sent: 24 July 2009 08:57
To: Support; Matthew Phillips; Luke Harriman; Nicola Girling
Subject: RE: AUTO SUPPORT MAIL: PERF DATE:10-07-09, TYPE:OTHER, REF:373588, SEASON: T in the Park Festival, CALL BACK: FALSE

Hi Matthew,

Unfortunately I can’t accept that as a response. I don’t see why Seatwave cannot send me proof of bona fide correspondence between you and the buyer of my tickets to show that my buyer was indeed unwilling to accept the letter of authorization that I offered.

I can’t simply accept a verbal apology for a £138.00 order which you mishandled and which you failed to inform me about. It is simply not good enough. Not only did you fail to inform me of the order cancellation, but all of you were completely unresponsive via e-mail from July 7th up until July 20th , during which I wrote to Seatwave on 6 occasions before getting a response. This was irresponsible and caused great distress for me, especially because I am writing from overseas and have no other way of contacting you.

I expect to receive more from you than just an apology.

Regards,

XXX

--------------

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:44 PM
Cc: Support

Dear XXX,

Many thanks for your email.

As mentioned previously there is nothing more Seatwave can do on this occasion.

We again apologize that you were not informed that this order was cancelled and for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Matthew | Customer Services Advisor | seatwave.com

--------

Sent: 23 July 2009 02:10

Dear Matthew,

As mentioned previously I would like you to send me an official proof of correspondence between Seatwave with my buyer which shows that the buyer was unwilling to accept the letter of authorization that I offered.

Regards

XXX

------------------

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:40 AM

Dear XXX,

As per my previous email in this instance Seatwave will not be able to issue payment for this order as the buyer refused to collect tickets with a letter of authorization.

The buyer is within their rights as a paying customer to refuse collecting tickets as they have paid shipping costs for tickets to be sent through to them.

Although it is not your fault that the tickets were not dispatched this was due to Ticketmaster not sending them out, however as no tickets were sent payment will now be withheld.

On behalf of Seatwave I apologize that you were not informed that this order was cancelled and for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

I hope this helps explains this matter however there is nothing more Seatwave can do on this occasion.

Kind Regards,

------------

Sent: 21 July 2009 03:48

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to get proof of correspondence between Seatwave with my buyer which shows that the buyer was unwilling to accept the letter of authorization that I offered. The letter which I wrote and sent fulfilled all the requirements which would have allowed the buyer to collect the tickets so there is no reason for him/her to cancel out. It isn’t my fault that the ticket was not dispatched by Ticketmaster.

Additionally, I find it very wrong that Seatwave did not inform me of the order cancellation, in which case I would have naturally tried to sell it elsewhere.

I insist on getting paid as promised by Seatwave. You cannot tell a seller that her ticket has been reserved and sold to a buyer and then tell her AFTER an event (and after many solicitations from the seller’s behalf) that the buyer decided to back out and that it wasn’t Seatwave’s fault. It is entirely Seatwave’s fault for not informing me at all.

Look forward to getting your feedback.

Regards,
XXX

-------------------------

Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:48 PM

Dear XXX,

Many thanks for your email and apologies for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately the buyer of this order was unwilling to accept the letter of authorization offered to collect their tickets.

As this was the case this order had to be cancelled and payment will now not be issued for this order as tickets were not dispatched.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

In the meantime should you have any problems or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

------------------

Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:31 AM
To: Support
Subject: AUTO SUPPORT MAIL: PERF DATE:10-07-09, TYPE:OTHER, REF:373588, SEASON: T in the Park Festival, CALL BACK: FALSE
The following message was sent from Seatwave.com at 20/07/2009 10:30:48
Event: T in the Park Festival
Event Date: 10-07-09

Re: Listing ID 1399967, ticket reference number 373588

Dear all, This is about the 6th time that I am getting in touch with you so I would appreciate if one of you can respond please. The T in the Park event is now over and I have received no news from anybody at Seatwave about whether or not you managed to forward my letter of authorization to my buyer. I do have proof of all the emails I sent to you guys – the 1st of which was sent on July 7th (the same day that Ticketmaster informed me of their mismanagement – I immediately sent you an email including letter of authorization for the buyer to collect the ticket at the event) to Mr Luke Harriman then forwarded the same email to Ms Nicola Girling after getting no response. I also submitted an electronic query on the Seatwave website with no feedback. Needless to say I’m quite disappointed that I have gotten no response at all from any of the above channels. I would just like to ensure that 1) Seatwave did forward the letter of authorization to the buyer of my ticket and 2) I will be paid accordingly and in due time. I would appreciate a prompt response. Regards, XXX

Old 10-17-2009, 02:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

My wife paid a lot of money for central, near the stage, tickets for a big concert at the O2 over a month ago via Seatwave. When the package, containing the tickets, arrived it had clearly been tampered with and the tickets were missing, UPS accepted full liability for the theft. Seatwave kept asking my wife to call back every few weeks, either as UPS had to investigate, or a manager had to authorise our new tickets, however this is a bit of a con.
Please be warned Seatwave’s policy is to reissue tickets of the same value sold on their site. However as they kept delaying in issuing tickets until much nearer the event, the ticket prices kept increasing, meaning that they would only offer tickets for seats that were not as good as the originals paid for. They even asked if we were refusing these further back seats, as it is would then have been up to their discretion to give our money back, (as we had been offered seats of equivalent value, which the site guarantees).
My wife was really disappointed she had been told she would get seats in the same area, she was also told that the manager had gone home for the night, only to be passed to him by another member of staff when she called back half hour later and then all the staff just kept repeating that they would issue tickets of the same value not quality.
During all these delays a number of tickets in the same area at the same price were put on sale, not once were we contacted or offered these as an alternative.
My advice is if you buy from Seatwave and there is a problem do not let them fob you off, as you may end up paying premium prices and not get the seats you want. Demand an instant replacement, which I doubt you will get, or your money back.
My wife will miss the concert that she really wanted to see, while someone is going to be sitting in our stolen seats. Seatwave’s solution, sit at the back for the same money or take your money and sod off.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:02 AM
Newbie Member

I purchased some tickets from Seatwave.com back in November 2009 to see MUSE at Wembley this September. We were very happy with the choice of tickets available and the ease of ordering them.

The tickets arrived today and I now find that Seatwave.com have charged dramatically above what the face value of the tickets. On top of that they have charged one of the highest booking fees that I have ever paid.

Just a warning to anybody that uses Seatwave.com...be very careful about what you purchase and what the face value of the ticket is.....

A good example of this currently on the Seatwave.com website is, they are charging £579.98 for two seated tickets and £102.22 booking fee for two tickets (thats a total of £682.20) that have a face value of £130. That to me is profiteering...

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Old 12-16-2010, 07:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I recently bought tickets from seat wave for my dad christams to see eric clapton in glasgow at the secc on the 12th of may which is also close to his birthday. seat wave had the bloody cheek to charge us £167 for each ticket another £60 booking fee then another £8 for ticket cover £5 delivery charge costing a total of £400!!! when the tickets arrived in the post the other day it was clearly marked £60 per ticket!! We tried to get a phone number to call and get a refund but what a surprise there was no customer service number, so we had the annoying comuntcation of emailing, they did however email back with a number, so we called and they were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!! No refund,, No help,, No appology!! This company need some bad press as they are ripping everyone off!!!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

seatwave is not a ticket agency - they're a reseller site, people with spare tickets sell them for whatever price buyers will pay, that's not up to seatwave how much more than face value you get charged. most reseller sites charge processing fees to buyer and seller.
i used seatwave last year - had a prob with online ordering - it charged me way more at checkout (when order completed) than the basket price. i phoned them immediately, they stopped the transaction, refunded straight away and i bought other tickets successfully with them. the difficulties listed here seem to be with dodgy sellers rather than seatwave. with any company there's going to be probs with customer services at times but i found them fine to deal with and very helpful - guess it depends how you approach them?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Whether seatwave is a legit business or not I would be very wary of buying from here. Just seen tickets at £59-99 for a gig in Manchester that you can buy from the venues ticket outlet for £8! I doubt that it will be a sell out show either!! A good scam if you get away with it! Are venues trying it on to boost profits, are the artistes trying to make a bit extra on the side, or is it some young entrepreneur having a laugh at the expense of the unwary?

Anyway have just thought of a great way to pay for my kids Uni tuition fees!! you don't even need to buy the ticket until you have a buyer, if you play your cards right, lol What a scam.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

quite often the tickets still available from venues are rubbish seats. people selling tickets on reseller sites like seatwave often have good seats that buyers are willing to pay more for.
some people on these sites are sellers who do it for a business & some do it because they have unfortunately ended up with extra tickets, like if they or friends can no longer attend. pretty much if there's a ticket and you want to buy it, you do. If you don't want to pay the price, you don't have to.
Recently ended up in the unfortunate position of having 2 extra tickets, sold them quickly at a reasonable price (NOT a profit!), buyers got good deal, I got paid a few days after the event and seatwave got their cut too.
as i said before - it's the sellers that are the weak link in the chain, seatwave are a go between, there to make themselves money. It's not rocket science

Old 05-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Newbie Member

My wife is an avid Tom Jones fan, no my taste but that;s not the point. She heard that he was having a concert in Tatton Park just south of Manchester. And persuaded me to look on the net for tickets. The Seatwave site came up offering some tickets at £169 and £75 which I felt was expensive and told my wife to forget it. Anyway she created,had a tantrum basically, and not unreasonable though that the more expensive would be better tickets. So we foolishly went after those having only seen their site our fault I owe.

After further checking and querying with Seatwave what the difference priced meant if transpired that all the tickets where the same type and in fact originally priced at £34.50. Seatwave knew this and made no mention of this anywhere, when I tried to cancel I was stonewalled despite pointing out various things:

Their misleading site.
No attempt to regulate the selling price to any degree.
Their terms and conditions allow no cooling off period.
They say that you cannot sell tickets you don't have, this doesn't mean physically don't have.

I feel that they are a front for TICKET TOUTS whom they make no checks on whatsoever being only interested in their 15% commission. Yes we were foolish but such practices should be outlawed and site likes SEATWAVE properly regulated to ensure a fair deal for all.

They sell some late tickets are reasonable price but they have left a very bad taste in many people's mouths.

We dealt with London Office of this neo criminal organisation. The London Olympic have said that they will handle any re-selling themselves at face value and blocked companies like Seatwave. Off I'm bitter but are you surprised.

I certainly will never use them again and will do what I can to warn others to steer well clear of them.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Dear Sir,

We appreciate the feedback on our service and can address your points made below:

On our confirmation page when buying tickets - the face value is clearly stated, all Seatwave customers see this before purchasing.

In terms of regulating the price of tickets on our exchange, we do actively monitor this and do remove postings that are ridiculously priced against the market, However Seatwave is an open exchange and we have no influence on the price that sellers want to list their tickets for. We offer tools to buyers and sellers to show the market prices and educate both sides of the exchange accordingly.

In regard to a "cooling off" period if this means giving customers some time to then return their tickets to sellers if they don't want them then you're right we don't offer this. All sales are final on the exchange and you'll find this is a standard practice across the industry.

We spend a considerable amount of time in policing the market place, making it a safe and fair place for our customers to trade. No one can sell tickets without verifying a credit card and sellers wont get paid until the event has occurred.

We regret to hear that you didn't enjoy your Seatwave experience but hope some of your points have now been addressed.

Many thanks.
Seatwave.com

Old 05-27-2011, 05:59 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Definitely would not use Seatwave. There was nothing on the website at the time I booked to say what the face value of the tickets was for a take that concert. I paid £622.70 for four tickets. They came in this week and the face value was £221.28. £401.42 over the odds! Who is kidding who?

Old 05-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Newbie Member

I completely agree with you - I would never use SEATWAVE ever again.

They are a front for TICKET TOUTS and there is no getting away from that.

My wife and I have now talked to a number of promoters for bands and individual performers and they have all said the same; never use SEATWAVE as they profiteer from people who want to go and listen to bands and individual performers.

I think the worst thing that I saw was that SEATWAVE were advertising tickets for a "HELP THE HERO's" concert at a mark up of over £200 - that to me is SEATWAVE supporting TICKET TOUTS and pure profiteering on emotions.....

Infinidim

Old 05-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Newbie Member

It would seem that both Lynne Morrison and infinidim echo our sad experience.

In regards to "seatwave's" response. My, they are squirming, aren't they.

On our confirmation page when buying tickets - the face value is clearly stated, all Seatwave customers see this before purchasing.

Nowhere do they state the face value of the tickets.

In regard to a "cooling off" period if this means giving customers some time to then return their tickets to sellers if they don't want them then you're right we don't offer this. All sales are final on the exchange and you'll find this is a standard practice across the industry.

The cooling off period suggested was immediately following the initial transaction - months ahead of the actual supply of the overpriced tickets. When it has become evident the seller is RIPPING OFF the buyer seatwave has a duty of care to the buyer as well as to the seller. By refusing to allow cancellation before dispatch of the tickets they are condoning the Tout's actions.

We spend a considerable amount of time in policing the market place, making it a safe and fair place for our customers to trade. No one can sell tickets without verifying a credit card and sellers wont get paid until the event has occurred.

What is fair about allowing the seller to sell tickets at around 5 times the face value. You may be within the law but you are certainly outside the accepted realms of fair play. In our case there were 2 tickets offered at a higher price implying that they were better tickets. I pointed this out and also that my wife has a disability in that she stand for long periods and not unreasonably expected the dear tickets to be seated nearer to the stage. My wife was cheated by Seatwave's misleading information, we are now much wiser after the event, we will never ever use Seatwave again and will do all that we can to warn others who may fall into the same trap.

I have written to the City of London Trading Standards Office and also to Dominic Littlewood.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I also booked through Seatwave for tickets for John Bishop. This was a gift for my Mum. We paid £80 per ticket in total including all the add ons. I have just received them with the ticket price being £25.00 + £3.00.
I feel the need to warn as many people as possible not to use these people.
(Also I was told that we had specific seats and when the tickets arrived these have changed too!!)