report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-21-2009, 03:42 PM
MARKVI MARKVI is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 118
Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.)

As you know ACN reject and now 5 Linx reject has started a new scheme in the Southern and Northern California areas, Texas, and Hawaii dealing with overpriced Alkaline Water filters and energy drinks called GLAINC.NET

To help people do their due dilligence on both the company and Tim Herr himself post anything you have to contribute here.

Here are the facts:
-Tim's first network marketing company was called NTC. He got busted for slamming a bunch of UCI students.

-Tim was a co-founder with Clif and Dave Braun, two of the biggest network marketing scammers in CA (2by2 and Infenet). Together they formed Vizion One (later named Blue Wave). This was a scammy telecommunications MLM that provided inferior services and made many false promises such as giving out luxury cars.

-Tim got busted in ACN 3 times. The first offense was for slamming in Arizona I believe. I dont know what the second offense was. The third time was just pathetic. As a way to quickly get commissions, he would encourage his downline to buy new voips for new reps with pre-paid gift cards. Though in the short term, he would make T-cabs, the voips a month later would sit there in limbo unpaid. ACN cracked down on this and did the right thing.

-He gets kicked out of 5 Linx! instead of the $499, they were selling the opportunity for $635 (499+Voip+Rep Web services). This was so reps could easily make money recruiting. Thus, making 5 Linx come off as a pyramid scheme. They NEVER mentioned just $499 during the presentation. They ONLY said $635! When I saw suckers give their new uplines their credit cards, the recruiters would copy their card numbers, expiration dates, security codes, and other required information and not even tell them that the Voip and Webservices were OPTIONAL. You only need 4 points (Webservices=2, Voip=2) to get your new rep qualified and get you paid.

As you can see, with regards to integrity, he's a real "WINNER" there!

GLA:
A well researched report here:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0415863.htm



Last edited by MARKVI : 02-21-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 02-21-2009, 04:16 PM
zane zane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 42
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

It's unfortunate that our old thread "Tim Herr's New Scheme" got deleted for whatever reason it may be. I hope people can now find their way to this one. This is a serious issue and it needs to be addressed and made available to potential investors of this illegal scheme. We will never give up as long as this atrocity continues to operate.

So let's continue where we left off in the last thread. User glaquestions made the last post...



Quote:
Originally Posted by glaquestions View Post
I'm trying not to be hating here but most of you seem to just be hating on any company Tim Herr is involved with and basing a majority of your information through second sources. I'm not in GLA, but I'm not hating on it. I just want to do my research and many of you guys just seem like fools. Your reasons as to why GLA is a scam are really not legit and I would like to hear more solid facts.

I saw that HWB is similar because of the $99 registeration fee, and then sell each alkaline system for $75 for it's members. However, the leadership and direction of the company is poor. Not nearly what GLA is trying to accomplish, whether possible or not. I directly called HWB and they did not deny that they are selling their products to GLA and will give all rights to GLA as the launch date approaches.

Timothy Herr never even gave the notion that he owned Alkalark in the meeting I attended. I can see how some assume that he did, but that just seems to be from poor reasoning.

Here is their explanation on the high prices I recieved from one of the leaders:
HWB is not in business in America marketing that product anymore. We are the only MLM company marketing that product in the US.

Here is the breakdown:
$300 Retail
$250 Whole Sale
$190 Bonus Points
If we removed the bonus points the product could sell for $70. But the bonus points are how the distributors get paid.
People that are skeptical about the business because of the price, are not very smart in business. Look at our competitors, Kangen, they sell their unit for $5000, but $3000 of it is paid out to distributors in the form of commissions. Why is theirs so expensive? Because they pay their distributors $3000 in commissions.

The good news is we are currently manufacturing our own Alkaline system to be private labeled as we speak.

Here is another example: There is a MLM company called ACN that sell cell phones through a company called Wirefly. Anyone can go directly to Wirefly & get the exact same cell phone for $100 cheaper. However, ACN sells10X more cell phones than Wirefly, and the reason is, is because of their commission structure.
Why do we sell so many Alkaline units? Because of our 190 bonus point we attach to that product & our commission structure.

Let's stop the childish hating [2 good 2 be true] and just stick to the topic of this forum. All I want are the facts and this forum is turning into a circus.
I have some time to kill so I'll spend some time writing.

I respect your post and I see that you recently attended a GLA meeting. If you don't really know anything about MLM or pyramid schemes, it can be confusing and cloudy as to what your role in the company is and what your tasks are. I firmly believe without a shadow of a doubt that GLA is operating as an illegal pyramid scheme and I want to try to make it as clear to you as I possibly can as to why I believe so.

GLA is in its infancy and there's really no official hard documents scrutinizing GLA, but that doesn't mean that it's not illegal. Using a bit of common sense and research, one can conclude that GLA is actually a pyramid scheme. And while some may be clowning around on here, I'm serious about it. I would like the discussion to remain as mature as possible so curious individuals like you can take it seriously as it is a serious issue, but I don't want to be bossy or suppress peoples' expression of their own feelings and opinions on GLA. It's a forum. Just ignore it if you must.

Anyway, I made some posts earlier in the old thread explaining how operations of GLA raise nearly all red flags on guidelines provided by the Federal Trade Commission for recognizing illegal pyramid schemes. But one doesn't necessarily have to look at guidelines -Anyone with a brain who can examine GLA from the outside-in without all the slick-talk can make sense of its deceptive nature.

The leaders in GLA hold meetings in many different places with different leaders so some people might receive different information, but the general concept of the operation remains consistent regardless of location. The line between an illegal pyramid scheme and a legitimate MLM company can sometimes be blurry, but doing a bit of due-diligence and making sense of it all can make it much more apparent.

For example, let's take a look at some consumer guidelines given by the FTC:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...vest/inv12.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC Guideline #1
Avoid any plan that includes commissions for recruiting additional distributors. It may be an illegal pyramid.
The concept of GLA says that recruiting, autoship, and sales generate bonus points(BP's) in your network. Depending on what package the recruits buy into, the BP's generated vary from 160 to 800. Anyone in your network that's on 'autoship' generates 80 BP's per month for your network. Individual product sales also generate some BP's.

To move up to higher ranks which provide more money, you need a certain amount of bonus points in each leg and also be on autoship. Any rank can be achieved simply by accumulating BP's through recruiting and autoship. While you don't actually get paid on the sole act of recruiting, you indirectly get paid for recruiting because signing someone up on the gold package for example, generates 800 BPs.

If we wanted to become a GVP (the highest paying rank) for example, all that needs to be done is to sign up 938 people on the gold package in each of your two legs. To achieve GVP requires 750,000 BPs in each leg...

750,000 / 800 = 937.5 rounded up to 978.

So you don't get paid for the sole act of recruiting a person, BUT the commission for recruiting is indirect in the distributor ranks, does that make sense? It can be achieved by doing nothing else than recruiting.

Also you may or may not know this, but GLA is pushing a bonus, which says that if you sign up 6 people on the gold package, you get a commission of around $2,000. And I believe they have just increased it to around $3,000 recently. The bonus emphasizes this red flag.

Is it still considered getting paid for recruitment? You better believe it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC Guideline #2
Beware of plans that ask new distributors to purchase expensive inventory. These plans can collapse quickly — and also may be thinly-disguised pyramids.
As I have mentioned in my explanation for guideline #1, you must be on 'autoship' to qualify for ANY payment or promotion whatsoever. I'll quote what a lot of the representatives say: "If you're not going to be on autoship, then there's no point in even signing up in the first place."

GLA's autoship costs their members a staggering $100 a month to stay in the game. What you get for that $100 a month is a tiny can of a powdered drink mix that seems like it should only be worth around $10-$20. Keep in mind that $100 is only the wholesale price for those juice cans. Their retail price for it is $125.

That is what is called 'inventory loading' and when it is forced upon the distributors as a primary requirement, it is a major red flag for a product-based pyramid scheme. The representatives will argue that the autoship is considered selling the product to a customer every month, however the reality is that the $100 a month autoship is still simply part of the opportunity investment: "pay-2-play". You'll just find yourself reinvesting your money to stay in the scheme.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC Guideline #3
Be cautious of plans that claim you will make money through continued growth of your “downline” — the commissions on sales made by new distributors you recruit — rather than through sales of products you make yourself.
Pretty self explanatory. Making money on actual retail sales made by your downline isn't necessarily a red flag. That's called leveraging your retail selling effort and it is one of the core concepts of MLM. However if it is very difficult or even impossible to make a decent amount of money by selling the products yourself, then that's where the red flag gets raised because you still have no choice and are forced to recruit.

GLA's horrendous overpricing on their products combined with the economic times that we're currently in make personal selling practically impossible. To top it off, their products are far from necessary for almost all consumers.

Their pricing is just downright unreasonable. Take their pixie sticks for example, one of their three products. They retail a box of 25 pixie sticks for $125. How is that reasonable? If you were even lucky enough to find a customer for that, you would only make a net profit of $25. Might as well work a few hours at a minimum wage job and you'll be set.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC Guideline #4
Beware of plans that claim to sell miracle products or promise enormous earnings. Just because a promoter of a plan makes a claim doesn’t mean it’s true! Ask the promoter of the plan to substantiate claims with hard evidence.
This is the epitome of GLA recruiting. Miracle product claims and high income promises for better sign-up rates.

You've been to a GLA meeting. I think you and I, and everyone else who has been to a meeting/training can attest to the promoters making amazing miracle claims about their alkaline water bottle. They'll often say that raising the acidity level of your body will prevent cancer cells from thriving, however, to actually change your overall body's pH level would require you to drink an impossible amount of alkaline water. Your body naturally retains homeostasis.

Read more about it here:
http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

Even though that really isn't official, it was written by Stephen Lower, who is "a retired faculty member of the Dept of Chemistry, Simon Fraser University." The basic facts are what matters.

There could be some minor benefits, but there's no official scientific research at all backing up claims on alkaline water. Alkaline water as a health benefit is generally questioned. Many of the GLA representatives will claim that they or someone else in the company has had some major benefits such as losing 5 pounds or feeling five times more energized. Word of advice, don't believe what the promoters claim, they're just there frantically trying to recruit you. Instead, take advice from actual customers(who aren't involved in promoting it) who have used it for a while and see what they think about it.

Enormous income claims? You better believe it.

Notice how much greed and materialism is expressed in these meetings and confrontations:

"Wouldn't you love to have nice cars and big houses? Imagine what you could buy with $390,000 a month. You won't ever become successful working at a JOB."


When GLA was still an organization under 5linx, the representatives made income claims that were far beyond reality. The internet archives show right on the 5linx website that they had their earnings statement up until mid-2007. 5linx took it down for who knows why, allowing GLA as an organization to make false income claims about the average monthly pay rate of 5linx distributors at certain ranks. For example, they would tell people that 5linx "Executive Directors" made an average of $4,000-$8,000 a month, when right on the 5linx documents, hidden away in the back office, it stated that "Executive Directors" only made an average of $10,000 a year in 2006. Also, the average earnings in 5linx dropped by 50% in 2007. That's what initially made me question what I was really involved in.

Now, GLA is promoting up to a certain thousands of dollars a month at different ranks. Seems like just a lure, like all typical recruiting schemes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC Guideline #5
Beware of shills — “decoy” references paid by a plan’s promoter to describe their fictional success in earning money through the plan.
I think at least half of this applies to GLA promoting. Every representative is often edified as "having found the way to success" or "being the top producer in the company" or "successful individual." That's called edification, and they will often, if not always, edify the promoters to create a sense of credibility and trust in the audience even though the promoter in reality might not have done anything to even remotely justify their edification claims.

Also their stories are pretty much repetitive. Generally summing it up, the promoters will talk about how they were previously working at a job which they will always describe as being miserable, broke, and minimum wage. They will then turn around and say that GLA has saved them from a life destined for financial hell and that they're convinced they have found the true path to life-long success. Heavy over-exaggeration is prevalent in GLA.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC Guideline #6
Don’t pay or sign any contracts in an “opportunity meeting” or any other high pressure situation. Insist on taking your time to think over a decision to join. Talk it over with your spouse, a knowledgeable friend, an accountant or lawyer.
Yep, that's also part of the GLA recruiting tactic: high pressure situations and meetings. Loud techno music is always played at every GLA meeting/training to get everyone hyped up. Not only that, the meetings are cult-like and have characteristics of brainwashing tactics implemented throughout it. The representatives are asked to participate in the audience, clapping and laughing at the appropriate times and also to pretend to take notes. When you're a guest, this is to make it seem like everyone else around you is fired-up and interested, so you'll tend to want to be interested as well.

The promoter will often interact with the audience and make the audience repeat a statement over and over. One example that everyone here in Hawai'i can attest to is that we repeat "MAKE MORE MONEY" three times loudly as an entire audience at every training. Among that, there's a lot of other psychologically manipulative tactics used as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC Guideline #7
Do your homework! Check with your local Better Business Bureau and state Attorney General about any plan you’re considering — especially when the claims about the product or your potential earnings seem too good to be true.
Self explanatory.

Those FTC guidelines are brief, but helpful to consumers. You can thoroughly read more about pyramid schemes:

http://www.ftc.gov/speeches/other/dvimf16.shtm

http://pyramidschemealert.org

http://mlm-thetruth.com

Keep in mind, Pyramid Scheme Alert can seem somewhat critical to even the more legitimate MLM companies, but generally the articles and writings accurately reflect a lot of the things that's going on in GLA.

Interesting about HWB Global, I'll give them a call on Monday to confirm it. Did you mention the ridiculously jacked up prices in GLA?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA Leader
HWB is not in business in America marketing that product anymore. We are the only MLM company marketing that product in the US.
http://www.hwbglobal.com
http://www.myalkalark.com/home_e.html

Seems like they're very well in America to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA Leader
Here is the breakdown:
$300 Retail
$250 Whole Sale
$190 Bonus Points
If we removed the bonus points the product could sell for $70. But the bonus points are how the distributors get paid.
People that are skeptical about the business because of the price, are not very smart in business. Look at our competitors, Kangen, they sell their unit for $5000, but $3000 of it is paid out to distributors in the form of commissions. Why is theirs so expensive? Because they pay their distributors $3000 in commissions.
Kangen units are the electronic water ionizers and are completely different from portable alkaline systems because they use the process of electrolysis to ionize their water. You can't put them on the same level, just as you can't with laptops and desktops. Instead, how about taking a look at the competitors in the portable ionizer market and try to justify why GLA's prices are more than twice or even 3 times that of competitors? ...even MLMs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA Leader
The good news is we are currently manufacturing our own Alkaline system to be private labeled as we speak.
Then why are the promoters saying "Well, our GLA alkaline water system this and that..."

"Order your GLA alkaline water system now!"

Why can't they just be up front and straight with people from the get-go and say they're currently reselling from another company but in the future will have their own system?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA Leader
Here is another example: There is a MLM company called ACN that sell cell phones through a company called Wirefly. Anyone can go directly to Wirefly & get the exact same cell phone for $100 cheaper. However, ACN sells10X more cell phones than Wirefly, and the reason is, is because of their commission structure.
Why do we sell so many Alkaline units? Because of our 190 bonus point we attach to that product & our commission structure.
The reason why so many alkaline systems are being sold in GLA is because they're only being sold to the recruits as a kind of prerequisite to becoming rich. Hardly, if not any actual retail selling is taking place.

How can you expect a business to thrive when its only customers are just its own workers? How can you call yourselves distributors when you aren't even required to distribute anything?

Aren't MLMs supposed to save consumers money by offering discount-price products and services? In this economy, why would anyone want to buy through an MLM that sells a product at a price that is 300%-400%+ more than if you were to buy through the company directly? Doesn't make any sense. Feels more like a blatant rip-off than a sale. The distributors might as well go rob a bank.

Anything pertaining to GLA as a pyramid scheme you need clarified, I'll make sure it is. I wrote all of this being a bit sleep deprived so if anything doesn't make sense, let me know. I hope you understand better why GLA is a scheme.




Last edited by mumbles : 02-26-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 02-21-2009, 04:55 PM
zane zane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 42
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetpaid View Post
So much of this is not true. I am Timothy's mother and worked with him at NTC. He was not one time busted for slamming UCI students. There were a lot of older people busted and it was on the news. The saddest was someone who opened up a phone book and slammed a dead guy. His wife told the news that if he changed it would be a miracle. That was the topic of conversation on how the young folks did not do the slamming. I will take a lie detector test on this one any day when who ever says Timothy slammed UCI students. That's my story and I will stick to it.

I also was there when Timothy joined Clif and Dave and Timothy like all of the other reps were not cofounders. He paid just like everyone else did to get in. Timothy never was involved with 2by2.

I did not work with him on the other companies.

God Bless
Timothy's mother

What is your opinion on Tim's current company?

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 02-21-2009, 04:56 PM
MARKVI MARKVI is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 118
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetpaid View Post
So much of this is not true. I am Timothy's mother and worked with him at NTC. He was not one time busted for slamming UCI students. There were a lot of older people busted and it was on the news. The saddest was someone who opened up a phone book and slammed a dead guy. His wife told the news that if he changed it would be a miracle. That was the topic of conversation on how the young folks did not do the slamming. I will take a lie detector test on this one any day when who ever says Timothy slammed UCI students. That's my story and I will stick to it.

I also was there when Timothy joined Clif and Dave and Timothy like all of the other reps were not cofounders. He paid just like everyone else did to get in. Timothy never was involved with 2by2.

I did not work with him on the other companies.

God Bless
Timothy's mother
I know people who were in Tim's downline and they told me that Tim told them to go to UCI and slam a bunch of students. Maybe Tim didn't directly slam UCI students, but his downline did so overall he was responsible.

Yes, I know Clif and Dave were in NTC with Tim. I NEVER said that Tim was in 2by2 but he was a co-founder with Clif and Dave Braun and a few others of Vizion One/Blue Wave, which was a scammy telecom network marketing company that provided inferior services and made FALSE promises such as luxury cars, very much like he's doing now in GLA.

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 02-21-2009, 05:05 PM
zane zane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 42
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKVI View Post
Yes, I know Clif and Dave were in NTC with Tim. I NEVER said that Tim was in 2by2 but he was a co-founder with Clif and Dave Braun and a few others of Vizion One/Blue Wave, which was a scammy telecom network marketing company that provided inferior services and made FALSE promises such as luxury cars, very much like he's doing now in GLA.
I don't think its so much about the promise of luxury cars, etc. itself, but the main concern is how you achieve that promise. I think Tim is willing to reward the lambos and ferraris for GVPs, but thousands and thousands of people must lose a lot of money first in order for you to do it. So the promise might not be FALSE, but the method of achieving the promise is unethical through an illegal pyramid scheme.

However, back in 5linx as I have stated in my previous post... GLA made false income claims about the average pay of 5linx representatives which directly contradicted what was stated in 5linx's own earnings statement in their back office documents. THAT'S what I call false promising.

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
letsgetpaid letsgetpaid is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 68
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKVI View Post
I know people who were in Tim's downline and they told me that Tim told them to go to UCI and slam a bunch of students. Maybe Tim didn't directly slam UCI students, but his downline did so overall he was responsible.

Yes, I know Clif and Dave were in NTC with Tim. I NEVER said that Tim was in 2by2 but he was a co-founder with Clif and Dave Braun and a few others of Vizion One/Blue Wave, which was a scammy telecom network marketing company that provided inferior services and made FALSE promises such as luxury cars, very much like he's doing now in GLA.
The slamming at NTC was not the uci group. I was there and I can say infront of a lie detector test that Timothys guys were not involved in the slamming.

Timothy was with ACN when he came home and asked me what I thought about his working for Clif and Dave. He was never given cofounder of the company. They did let him stay at their house when he was in town. HE was not a cofounder. He had no ownership in Clif and Dave's company.

That company was not around long enough to get to a car program. Like NTC and other companies it takes time. They were still going when Timothy left to back to ACN. I was there too. Jerry Ballah and Pat Johnston recruited Timothy. Where as I was told Timothy was permitted to bring his group to ACN free of fees and they still paid Timothy even though he and his guys were given free spots. So you see these companies can do whatever they want.

I do credit card processing. I have seen sales people take equipment for less than $200 and sell for a grand. I am asumming you guys are young and just need a little more life experiences.

With Eric Alexandra involved with Timothy I feel better than when I first started reading these threads. I have watched my son work for some real scam artists over the years. It is my prayer that this company if it needs to be straightened out it happens. He comes from a strong family with strong caring hearts. His work ethic is second to none. I want GOD to use him and if he needs to straigten out I want to see that happen. I am sure you would like to see anyone get straightened out.

You don't need to worry about Timothy being listed as a saint. That will never happen. No more than it will happen to me or you. LOL

God Blessd
Timothy's MOM

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 02-21-2009, 07:26 PM
glaquestions glaquestions is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Wow, that was the most sane post I read from letsgetpaid.

AH..I'm guessing my reply to zane's didn't make it before the thread was shut down. I had some questions but I don't remember them now. If you did reply, I'm sorry but can you just summarize real quick for me again.


Last edited by glaquestions : 02-21-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 02-21-2009, 07:34 PM
zane zane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 42
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaquestions View Post
Wow, that was the most sane post I read from letsgetpaid.

AH..I'm guessing my reply to zane's didn't make it before the thread was shut down. I had some questions but I don't remember them now. If you did reply, I'm sorry but can you just summarize real quick for me again.
Sorry, I did not see your reply. If you have questions I'll answer them here.

Depending on your browser, try doing: file -> work offline and then open up your history and click on the old thread. See if you can derive your post that way, if not, well I guess you have to type it out again...

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 02-21-2009, 08:42 PM
zane zane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 42
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Wow sorry for all the duplicate posts... the forum lagged like crazy and the posts showed up 6 hours later. I'm hoping I can get an admin to delete the duplicates.

When I tried to post earlier, the posts refused to go through. That's why I tried again and again, I didn't realize they were lagged.


sigh...

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Too_Good_2_Be_True Too_Good_2_Be_True is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

The other Tim Herr thread was deleted because someone's feeling got hurt from those pics I posted and ridiculed.

For the sake of the Anti-Herr movement, I won't post anymore pics.

:-)

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 02-21-2009, 09:47 PM
zane zane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 42
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Good_2_Be_True View Post
The other Tim Herr thread was deleted because someone's feeling got hurt from those pics I posted and ridiculed.

For the sake of the Anti-Herr movement, I won't post anymore pics.

:-)
Good job. Now we have to start all over again. It's okay though. Let's hope we can keep this as mature as possible with valid statements so people can take it seriously. The thread title is better as well as it includes the company name.

Now I just need to get those duplicate posts deleted and we're set.


Last edited by zane : 02-21-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Too_Good_2_Be_True Too_Good_2_Be_True is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Something I would like to add. When I was a freshman at UCI (2001-2002 year), I was encountered by Tim's early associates the Braun brothers. I was THIS close to joining Infinet. This slick talker named Rick at my dorm persuaded almost half of the co-eds there to pitch into the scheme.

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
MARKVI MARKVI is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 118
Tim Herr's new scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Good_2_Be_True View Post
Something I would like to add. When I was a freshman at UCI (2001-2002 year), I was encountered by Tim's early associates the Braun brothers. I was THIS close to joining Infinet. This slick talker named Rick at my dorm persuaded almost half of the co-eds there to pitch into the scheme.
Haha! My friends who went to UCI got suckered into that and tried to recruit me.

Friend:"I met this guy our age who drives a BMW."

Me: "It's called a mother fucking lease! And you know I hate BMWs!"


Last edited by MARKVI : 02-22-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Too_Good_2_Be_True Too_Good_2_Be_True is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

I actually ditched nights (that I could've used to study for midterms) to go these "meetings" in these far off houses. I got nothing out of it except for mingling with the hotties there.

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 02-22-2009, 12:12 AM
MARKVI MARKVI is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 118
Tim Herr

A Brainwashed Kid is documenting his "success" but has been slacking on updating us:
http://jackpotsadventure.blogspot.com/

Maybe we should ask him what's up:
http://www.myspace.com/l_888
AIM:STUNTinlikeSKUNK

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 02-22-2009, 12:18 AM
MARKVI MARKVI is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 118
Tim Herr

Does anyone know how we can make this thread the number one thing that pops up when you google Tim Herr?

How did we do it with the now defunct "Tim Herr's New Scheme?"

Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 02-22-2009, 12:25 AM
zane zane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 42
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Here are some absurd youtube comments that I need to respond to (unfortunately youtube won't allow comments over 500 characters).

The first one is by aznspikeyguy91 on scamcho's youtube channel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznspikeyguy91
iii think ur the loserr ahem...u probably did shit, made no money in the company so u got mad and ran
off saying its fake, its a scam and then blame it on Mr Richard cho u dumbshit.

So now u think ur all high
and mighty saying u have a REAL job...great! keep working for someone and work for money. Be like the
dumb fucks out there that have one. Ur just a bunch of bullshit, I can tell you just dnt like richard cho so u stay
home making shit videos of fake shit! Plus MLM is going up u dumbass. Such a loserr haha. have fun trying to get RICH with a job u got there^^
Since my response is 2,762 characters too long to be in a youtube comment, I'm making my response here:

aznspikeyguy91, I hope you realize that what you're saying is completely absurd. You're just another victim who has been brainwashed by GLA to think that everyone who has a job is dumb, stupid, and unmotivated, which further emphasizes the point I made in my ripoffreport. The whole "all jobs are a waste of time" rhetoric that Tim spits out simply exists to create a notion of fear in your mind to keep you reinvesting your money into his scheme.

But let's go more in depth about it. What you're saying goes against the basic fundamental concepts of economics. Jobs are the primary driving forces in the factor market of an economy and it is a key component for driving an economy toward growth and sustainability. Without jobs, businesses wouldn't be able to supply you the things that Tim's got you dreaming about.


What about that Ferrari that you're so sure you're going to get from being in GLA? Well a Ferrari needs to first be designed by concept designers... which is a job. Then the raw materials need to be acquired from resources... which involves many jobs. A Ferrari then needs to be hand made by a countless number of people ranging from the chassis to the paintjob... again, many jobs. Then it needs to be evaluated for safety and quality control... which is once again, handled by people who have jobs. The list goes on.


According to what you're led to believe, everyone who is involved in the production of a Ferrari or any other automobile, house, roadway, household appliance, etc, etc, etc are all stupid, dumb, and unmotivated 95%'ers. They are all failures because they have productive jobs? They are all failures because they love what they do? They are all failures because they didn't quit on their education? Am I a failure for pursuing a college education and striving for a degree? Are those people dumb and stupid simply because they don't have a big bank account? Give me a break. Your definition of success is simply a large bank account with lots of money in it, which is downright pathetic.


Your income in GLA is determined by how many other people you recruit that are gullible enough to give out their credit cards and pour thousands into this scheme... only to recruit more people and so on. Your success in GLA is directly proportional to the amount of people you cause financial heartache for. If you become a GVP, think about the many thousands of people at the very bottom of your network that have lost money in order for you to do it.


So it's not that we failed "the system" or never did anything, it's because we have realized what GLA really is, and we don't feel like taking advantage of our friends and family for personal profit. We have way more integrity than that. But if you're ok with deceiving other people out of their hard earned money in an illegal pyramid scheme, then GLA is perfect for you. And while scamcho's videos may just seem like random frustration and accusations, he's actually right.


If you think you're so much better than everyone else who pursue jobs and employment, then let's have a discussion right here in this thread. I'll tell you exactly what's wrong with your company and why. I hope to see you in here trying to defend your little scheme, because I’m only getting warmed up.




-----------------------------------------------------------



Here's another by xihakuix who posted a comment on my channel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xihakuix
how much do you honestly believe in going to college and getting a good safe secure job? i mean, i'm not saying i have anything against college, i really don't. i think anyone who does that is fine, they want to live an average life. but you really need to take a look at the economy today, i mean the college degree is literally not worth the paper it's printed on. Job security is literally a joke these days, in 08' they laid off over 1/2 a billion people in the U.S. alone, they are even saying that 09' will be worse. i mean the only places that are really looking for people anymore are just those minimum wage resturants and those sorts of jobs.
you say network marketing is a scam, but how is college not a scam then? unless you're like a freakin genius with a ton of scholorships and grants, college puts most people anywhere from 10-30k in debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xihakuix
how much do you honestly believe in going to college and getting a good safe secure job? i mean, i'm not saying i have anything against college, i really don't. i think anyone who does that is fine, they want to live an average life. but you really need to take a look at the economy today, i mean the college degree is literally not worth the paper it's printed on.
Are you seriously now going to say that everyone who pursues a college education is destined for an "average" mediocre life? Buddy, I think you got that mixed the wrong way around. Tell me, what do you mean when you say "average life"? Because if you're judging that by one's income, you have yourself a very weak argument. You too, seem to judge one's success based only on the amount of money they have. It's disgusting... you're delusional.

Having a college degree is sure a hell of a lot better than not having one at all. In today's world, you either have a college education or you don't. Usually, the college graduates who are having trouble are the ones who drank and smoked their way to their degree with sub-par effort, because they haven't learned the information they were supposed to learn and that's why they can't get the job that they desire.

Having a college degree isn't just about money potential. It's about the lifelong knowledge and experiences that you gain in the several amount of years that you spend learning. If you're pursuing a degree simply for the sake of the dollar, chances are you're going to have a very hard time becoming successful. And what I mean by successful is your overall quality of life (satisfaction, loving what you do, integrity, etc). If you only derive satisfaction from your bank account, you're a very materialistic and greedy person, who in society, is generally looked down upon as scum.

An economic recession is temporary, while a college education is life-long. During a recession, learning in college is actually not a bad position to be in believe it or not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by xihakuix
Job security is literally a joke these days, in 08' they laid off over 1/2 a billion people in the U.S. alone, they are even saying that 09' will be worse. i mean the only places that are really looking for people anymore are just those minimum wage resturants and those sorts of jobs.
Half a billion people. I hope you realize that's more than the total population of the entire country. Who are you to judge a college education when you probably never even passed high school? Unless you meant million, than that's understandable.

With no college education, those minimum wage jobs are pretty much the only chance you've got. Maybe if you're an insanely talented self-taught artist, you can get by easier. But just because there's a recession doesn't mean you should ditch a solid life-long education. With that mindset, you're one pathetic individual.


Quote:
Originally Posted by xihakuix
you say network marketing is a scam, but how is college not a scam then? unless you're like a freakin genius with a ton of scholorships and grants, college puts most people anywhere from 10-30k in debt.
I never said network marketing was a scam. I say pyramid schemes are scams. GLA isn't network marketing, it's network recruiting. I gave a detailed explanation of why in my first post in this thread. I suggest you read it over.

You think college is a scam? Now I'm definitely convinced you're delusional, just as much as the folks over at Westboro Baptist Church. I shouldn't even have to waste my time explaining it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistic from a 2007 collegeboard.com study
People with a bachelor's degree earn over 60 percent more than those with only a high school diploma.



Last edited by zane : 02-22-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 02-22-2009, 12:28 AM
zane zane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 42
Re: Tim Herr, Global Leadership Alliance (GLA INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKVI View Post
A Brainwashed Kid is documenting his "success" but has been slacking on updating us:
http://jackpotsadventure.blogspot.com/

Maybe we should ask him what's up:
http://www.myspace.com/l_888
AIM:STUNTinlikeSKUNK
Instead of some of you guys on here trying to make fun of the kid(which is why our old thread got deleted), we should maybe try help him out hmm? Try to straighten out things in his head, and link him to the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKVI View Post
Does anyone know how we can make this thread the number one thing that pops up when you google Tim Herr?

How did we do it with the now defunct "Tim Herr's New Scheme?"
Yeah, keep it updated. Eventually, time will do its job and it will reach that status. Patience.



Last edited by zane : 02-22-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mlm.com leadership article BoxAlarm126 MLM Scams 2 07-28-2011 08:40 PM
No More Gla & Tim Herr healthychocolategirl MLM Scams 1 08-18-2009 11:49 PM
How Much Does Leadership Cost Health? Yeah Well Fine Then Political Chat 2 05-15-2009 06:26 PM
Tim Herr MARKVI MLM Scams 1 01-15-2009 01:53 AM
Iraq, Iran & China: A New Global Alliance? Phinnly Slash Buster Political Chat 1 03-02-2006 01:58 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.