report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2006, 12:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Building Wealth Institute

I just got a letter in the mail from Building Wealth Institute offering a book and DVD for 9.95 . Is this just another scam, any info will be appriciated !

Here is the number 888 433-7731

Old 07-26-2006, 02:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Building Wealth Institute

i oredered the cd and it seemed feasible but then you had to call the 888 # and you get a salesman who asks you a bunch of questions before he hits you up for a few thousand dollars. so i dont know about these guys.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:52 AM
Diamond Member

SCAM!! I think their owner also owns BrightBuilders. Huge scam.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Newbie Member

Try reading the reports at Ripoff:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/view/asp?id=128349.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:20 AM
I am new at Scam.com

nothing came up when i clicked on the link to the ripoff report. when i went on ripoff report i searched for the building wealth institute and nothing came up. how do you know these guys are a scam?

Old 07-27-2006, 05:39 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac5856212
nothing came up when i clicked on the link to the ripoff report. when i went on ripoff report i searched for the building wealth institute and nothing came up. how do you know these guys are a scam?
It is from the same guy who started Bright Builders scam. Once a scammer, always a scammer.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:10 AM
Newbie Member

I apologize to all those who tried to go to RipOffReport.com

After you hit the link, go to the Search Tab at the top of the page and enter "building wealth institute" in the search bar. I forgot to include that info.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I too bought this CD and I was really excited about how I could make all this money with little or no investment and than I called the 1888 number and I got a salesman that says you have to pay a couple thousand dollars so they can assist you, and for your paper work, bla bla bla.... I took notes on the video and what they tell you on the phone totally contradicts it in the aspect of no money needed to get started....however if anyone does pay the couple grand, I almost did, but I'd rather someone else make this mistake, so tell me if it has worked for you?

Old 10-11-2006, 03:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I bought their DVD and "book" (which is just a little stapled-together-and-folded thing that slips inside the plastic DVD case) for the $10 deal, and watched the video. I was thinking this might be legitimate, until I got a follow-up call from the office...

It was a guy who seemed like he was calling to check up on me with some ounce of genuine concern, but all he was interested in was selling me on something, I could tell right away. I remember when military recruiters called when I was in high school, the code phrase to get them to quit calling was, "I have asthma." The code phrase that apparently worked on this retard was, "I'm not sellable." From there he used clever wordplay to essentially insult my financial prowess, tried to lay the smackdown on my way of living, and snuck in a few jabs about how I apparent don't know what the fingersandwich I am doing. He claimed they were looking for people who were actually interested in doing the work (translation: suckers who will send them money) but, and maybe this is just me, but wouldn't the sample work that I could send in COUNT as a good faith effort, rather than actually paying them something? If they can cut me a percentage of a big profit margin, wouldn't the profit they get off my leads be more than enough to cover those expenses? By requiring money up front, they're essentially saying, "We don't trust you, but give us money and we might accept you into our fold," which, and this may just be me again, seems like overt bribery.

The fact that their website, under the 'contact us' page, cites the same number with a different extension -- leads me to believe that I would always have to deal with a salesman, regardless of what my question is. A salesman cannot be a go-to source for actual information, because it is always spun around into questions that require you to answer, "yes, you're right" (building credibility for their argument and establishing a perception that they know what they're talking about) such as, "Don't you want to live how you would like to?". So they could technically answer anything, and make you believe it because they are so overly charismatic that you buckle under his incredible guise of actual friendliness. If they were actually interested in signing me on, they would tell me where to send sample leads, offer me some sort of contact method that is non-salespitch related, and observe by the very fact that I am actually sending in samples as a basis to consider trusting my efforts as legitimate. But instead, they're like, pay us up front first. Uh, no thanks buckwheat.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

You might also notice what I found on the Boise Idaho (their base office location)'s Better Business Bureau site:

"NATURE OF BUSINESS

According to information provided to the Better Business Bureau, Building Wealth Institute sells a money making opportunity that teaches individuals how to profit from bad debt.
The initial cost of the program is $9.95 for a DVD and informational material on how to get started in the program. A representative follows up with a phone call to discuss the programs which includes training and additional materials. Customers have reported that the costs associated with the additional programs are as high as $20,000.00. In order to begin the program the company representatives request immediate payment either by credit or check.

The company has claimed they have been in business for 19 years, although paperwork filled out by the company states they have been in operations since August 2004. This is verified by the Nevada Secretary of State filing date of August 9, 2004. The company has stated to us that the program itself has been around for 19 years, not the company."

Old 10-15-2006, 05:46 AM
Newbie Member

yea ripoffreport.com has a great article on it!

Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Building Wealth Institute/Brightbuilders

You guys talking about Brightbuilders? BIGGEST SCAM in the World today!

Old 01-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Banned

It's a scam because they charge money.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Newbie Member

Bright Builders and Internet Logistics ARE Scams

Never fall into this biggest scam!! They will talk to you as if they care about you, then as soon as they get your money..they will call you names and will threaten you of harassment if you try to ask questions and specially if you try to get your money back !!
They promise and guarantee one hundred percent success and support, that is just one of their DECEPTIVE selling pitches!!!!