report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Retail Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Bronze Member

vending machine routes charity vending?

In this terrible worldwide economy my rental and house flipping business is in the crapper and am looking to make some serious cash and investments for my future. Im not new to the vending business last time I did it was 18 years ago working for a company while I was in Highschool. (damn Im getting old)
came across this company http://www.vendingmachinerouteforsale.com/
and before I plunk alot of money down for a 1000 machine route figured Id ask if anyone has had any dealings with them or if most online start up vending was a scam or what I needed to look out for.

Thanks In advance

stoney

Old 05-01-2009, 12:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: vending machine routes charity vending?

Hi Stoney,

I am actually looking into this company right now. We missed each other's calls but I will try again. Today is 5/01/09. My email is expertbuys@yahoo.com if that will make it easier for you. I have been getting ready to do vending and this one caught my eye also. I'll get back on here and email if you want.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Platinum Member

venidingmachinerouteforsale is registered thru GoDaddy:

WHOIS
Smart Vending

112 1/2 Pennock St
Syracuse, New York 13209
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: VENDINGMACHINEROUTEFORSALE.COM
Created on: 01-Jan-08
Expires on: 01-Jan-10
Last Updated on: 10-Jan-09

BBB report for Smart Vending leads to report on Vending Friends dba/ several names, including Smart Vending

http://search.buffalo.bbb.org/codbrep.html?id=12000115

My take on this?
1 The Co. will sell you the machines described, and will guarantee you a protected territory.
However; there is no mention on the website about any Warranty or Service Contract - even at additional cost. They may offer this at time of purchase, or you may be on your own for maintenance and replacement.
As for protected territory, you would only be exclusive for this Co., not from the reps for the 1,000 other vending suppliers in the same racket.

2 By the Co.'s own statement, you will have to sign up the sponsoring charity(s) yourself; this means you are dependent on any goodwill the Co. and any previous vendors have built up with the potential sponsors; I'd make inquiries of those potential sponsors before cutting a check, myself.

3 Placement. From the Co.s FAQ:
Quote:
Q. Do the stores get any of my vending money?
No, except the $1- $2 per month per unit you send to the charity, you keep all the money, unlike all other vending where the vendor splits at least 50 - 50 with the location. This makes your vending route twice as profitable!
http://www.vendingmachinerouteforsale.com/vending_questions.html

So, I'm a store owner: I give up 1sq'. counter POS, or 2-3 sq' high traffic floor to your machine(s), which take in $1 -$5 or 6 daily (my own estimate, from limited experience), you send a bone ($1) a month to charity, keep the rest, and all I get is a warm, fuzzy feeling?
Think about it.

Yes, it is possible to run an small, independent vending route - charity sponsored or otherwise. I've known 2 such vendors who supplied small businesses I've worked for, but I believe that with this particular "opportunity" the odds are stacked against the vendor.
Two things I'd like to see in such a venture:
1 Closer affiliation between vendor and sponsoring charities.
2 An equitable split between Charity, Store owner and Vendor; one third each does not seem unreasonable.

Good Luck, Stoney.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got a hold of this company on the phone and someone from the "order dept" answered. From talking to this lady it seems customer service will be limited with this company. The pricing to me seems fair for the product. The locating fee per location seems fair also-assuming it's a good locating company. The catch is you have to order at least 25 units. So, I asked if I could test their product and service by purchasing one or two and she said no. A bit risky considering 25 including the locations is $3k. Maybe not too bad if it does work out since that would come to $120 each. If it worked out the investment could be made up within a year and everything after that point would be profit. I hopes this helped. Good luck!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I invested in this business after checking it out with the Better Business Bureau and finding no compliants. Now I wish that I had waited to check with this site. I purchased 25 "wishwell" units at $1500.00 for the units and $1500.00 for the locating business. The sales lady did not offer me the option of NOT paying for the locating company which can be done if you chose to locate your own locations.

I received the units in good condition but they do have to be put together by hand. I then waited for my locations ... and waited .... and waited. I called the locators once a week and occassionally spoke with an actual person who promised me my locations, by e-mail within two days. This was poromised to me on 2-3 occassions. I left several messages on voicemail WITHOUT getting a response back. I called the sales hotline and was told that the locators were a "not affiliated" with the company selling the units. Funny thing is that they collected the fee for the locating company and I pointed this out. I then threatened to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney Generals Office for consumer fraud. This got me a response from the locating company and I soon received a list of 25 locations with a list of owners/managers contact.

When I went to place the units I found out that on 18 of the 25 locations the person listed as a owner or manager was in reality a part-time employee that answered the phone. These being receptionists, phone operators, carry-out order takers and bar tenders. All in all a list of people that had no authority to authorize a donation unit being placed in the business. Out of the other 7 locations that had correct contact information ... 3 of the owners who did talk to a locator were told that a hanging a poster was all that was being asked of them and NOT to make room on their counter for a donation unit. The results ... 3 more rejections. The total units that I was able to place were 3 and I placed a 4th unit on my own by going door to door at the local mall.

I then contacted the locating company and after leaving several messages spoke with "Robin" who told me to e-mail her the list of "bad" locations. That was 3 weeks ago and when I spoke with her two weeks ago she told me that a replacement list would be e-mail to me with 2 days which did not happen. Since that time I have left several messages without response. I called the sales line and was told that they had no control over the locating company as it was a separate company but once again the money was collected by the sales company for the locators. I am now putting together a complaint to have the companies investigated. They did not know that they were dealing with a retired law enforcement officer who knows his way around the system.

My advise is to PASS THIS ONE BY and I hope that my experience will keep someone else from falling victim.

Last edited by SK1958 : 08-17-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I purchased 30 triple head machines and 50 wishing wells from this company in February 2009.
My total investment was over $12,000.
I am happy to report that I received everything that I was promised by this company.
18 locations did not work out at first but all those were replaced in about 3 weeks.
I am new to the vending business and am very satisfied with the wishing wells more than the triple vends as they make more money. I should have bought all wishing wells.
I have received all of my investment back so far so I have lost nothing. I do work hard at it- about 8 - 12 hours every Saturday.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have an earlier post on this company and I see that there is one posting claiming some success in this business venture. This is an update to my original posting. I just attempted to call the customer service line for the locating company only to get a recording that this "cricket" cell phone number is no longer in service. You heard correct ... cell phone and NOT office phone. I also contacted the sales line and the voicemail is no longer answered as "vending routes for sale'.

I never received a replacement list from the locator company so I have been placing the units myself with some success. WARNING: when you sign up with this company's locating service you have to sign an agreement in which you agree that all civil suits must be filed in New York where the locators are based.

If anyone reading has had an experience with this company where they did not fulfill the promises made to you then please leave a e-mail address. With a list of names the New York Attorney General's Office and/or local authorities will begin an investigation. It may even go to the Federal level since money was solicited out of state via the internet. So if anyone from this company is monitoring this web-site it may be in their best interest to either refund money to the disatisfied customers or provide the services that were promised.

As for the donation units - you can go on the internet and find companies that will sell you the units at a much lower cost. Small locked boxes go for about $10-$12 per unit in lots of 12-24. You can then go onto this company's website to get the information on the charities and thus cut out the middle man. This will save you money.

Last edited by SK1958 : 10-14-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I am new at Scam.com

the only person that "says" they have had success is coral vending. and it just so happens their website is identical the the vendingroutesforsale website which is mentioned to be the scammers above. check them out and let me know. ~ thankyou

http://www.vendingmachinebusiness2.c...g_machine.html

Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralvending View Post
I purchased 30 triple head machines and 50 wishing wells from this company in February 2009.
My total investment was over $12,000.
I am happy to report that I received everything that I was promised by this company.
18 locations did not work out at first but all those were replaced in about 3 weeks.
I am new to the vending business and am very satisfied with the wishing wells more than the triple vends as they make more money. I should have bought all wishing wells.
I have received all of my investment back so far so I have lost nothing. I do work hard at it- about 8 - 12 hours every Saturday.

the only person that "says" they have had success is coral vending. and it just so happens their website is identical the the vendingroutesforsale website which is mentioned to be the scammers above. check them out and let me know. ~ thankyou

Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

the only person that "says" they have had success is coral vending. and it just so happens their website is identical the the vendingroutesforsale website which is mentioned to be the scammers below. check them out and let me know. ~ thankyou

Old 12-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi everyone, I believe that every business that is started has a potential risk involved and you cannot just escape from it. In this hard economic times, you have to face a lot of competition and the scam going on, so you just need to have complete information on the business you are going for. As for the vending business, my neighbor has recently started his own vending business. He has bought some snack machines after collecting information about the company to the best at his end. For now, he is going good!