report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2006, 07:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Bela Jewelry make jewellry from home scam or not?

I got an e-mail (spam) from Bela Jewellry, based in Toronto, sounds too good to be true and probably is, to assemble bracelets from home and get paid $570/week. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them. They don't list a phone number on the website, just an address in Toronto so I looked up the address at Canada411.ca and found a phone number for Mailboxes Etc. and the UPS store. I decided to call and ask if they'd heard of Bela Jewelry and they said yes, that they rent a mail box from them. (to receive all the cheques sent to them from unsuspecting people I assume)
Here is the website http://w3.belajewelery.com/ if anyone can find any other info on them I'd appreciate it. My next step will be to call the better business bureau to see if they've heard of them. I'll let you know what I've found.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Bela Jewelry make jewellry from home scam or not?

Hi babe,

I have found many posts on this site about Bela from back in 2000. From all that i read you should run as fast as you can away from this company. I guess they have decided to mass email the invitation to once again, they must be running out of money. I am not going to send them my money and i would suggest you don't either. If you do a search within scam.com for Bela Jewellery you can view the previous posts.

Thank God for Scam.com you all have saved me a heap of money!!!! Too bad i didn't check with you before i got wrapped up in the big 'H'.

Thanks

Old 04-14-2006, 04:17 PM
loretta

Re: Bela Jewelry make jewellry from home scam or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe
I got an e-mail (spam) from Bela Jewellry, based in Toronto, sounds too good to be true and probably is, to assemble bracelets from home and get paid $570/week. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them. They don't list a phone number on the website, just an address in Toronto so I looked up the address at Canada411.ca and found a phone number for Mailboxes Etc. and the UPS store. I decided to call and ask if they'd heard of Bela Jewelry and they said yes, that they rent a mail box from them. (to receive all the cheques sent to them from unsuspecting people I assume)
Here is the website http://w3.belajewelery.com/ if anyone can find any other info on them I'd appreciate it. My next step will be to call the better business bureau to see if they've heard of them. I'll let you know what I've found.
Hi,
I wanted to thank this web site for saving me from being victim of a scam
I actually found this web site 24hrs after sending in my money.
I was completely suckered, I just wanted people to know that if they realize
soon enough that they have made a mistake, and have paid by credit card
that all is not lost. I phone my credit card company and told them that
I had been scammed, they canceled my credit card and issued me a new card
Its a bit of a pain but its better than letting your money go down the
dumper and letting the con artists win!!!
you have a little bit of a window, the charge gets posted but they are waiting for the bank to approve your purchase, if you can get into the small window of time it takes. you can save your self from getting burned.