report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Charity Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Concordia Home

Hg 1301 Have U Tried To Contact Burton

Old 10-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mad
Hg 1301 Have U Tried To Contact Burton

The original email that he was using is no longer in existence. This is what originally made me nervous and got me to this website. He sent me instructions about a second check from a different email address with a yahoo.com domain, instructing me to process the second check in the same manner as in the first.

I sent him several emails after that but no response to date. He won't contact me again because Im sure he's been here and read this forum. There is no way to catch this guy because he really doesn't exist.

As I said you are very fortunate to have had the sense to check things out a bit more before depositing the check. I on the other hand was not so smart and now owe my bank for the forged check they allowed me to withdraw.

By the way, does anyone know if the bank is at all liable for this. I mean after all they did release the funds. Im going to contact a lawyer, but I don't have high hopes.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Let's Get This Guy!

I feel so for those he got but I am making it my mission to get this guy eventhough i was one of the fortunate one's ... this is a low life scum and we have to bring him down ... I will keep everyone posted on what happens as the days go by ...

Old 10-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Let's Get This Guy!

Re: Almeria International Organization

Its the best thing to do right now -- if those agencies see all of us complaining then maybe they will do something b/c this guy can not keep doing this to innocent ppl ...

Old 10-28-2005, 10:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi all. I am so glad I found this, because I just got an email to work part time for this company. I thought it was to good to be true and decided to investigate and I am so glad I did.
Thank you everyone again, you saved me.
If anyone knows of any legit home business please let me know at tykobird@optonline.net, would be greatly appreciated.

Tykobird

Old 10-28-2005, 10:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been reading all the posts and you are wondering about the checks, well you can make checks at home from software and maybe that is what he is doing, maybe it is a bogus bank also. You can make checks through Quicken. See he is using whatever software he has illegally and it is hard to prove unfortunately. You should show these checks to the police or get the FBI involved, they should be able to trace it hopefully. It is awful that there is somany dishonest people around to scam people like that. Call your local TV stations, newspapers, they also have good investigaters. It is a sin. Tykobird

Old 10-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Newbie Member

Your first donation was sent to you Thursday by our agent with Express
Mail (usually from the same state) so you should get it today by 3pm.

Please make sure to check your mailbox by that time.

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me.

This is the instructions how to process the donation you will receive.

You will have 7% from every transaction for your services and deduct
all the fees from the donation amount.

Once you get the check you can deposit it to your local bank and wait
then the funds become available.

Then you have the funds available in the bank please email me and I
will provide you
with the detailed instructions how to distribute the funds with Western
Union to the families
and where the first charity will need to be sent.

After you receive these instructions please confirm by email you
understand the percentage and how
to process donation.

For future communications about the donations please put word
"processing" in the subject line.

Please contact us if you have any more questions.

Sincerely, Michael Burton
michael.burton@concordihome.org

www.concordihome.org

Concordia International Foundation
a2

Old 10-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Newbie Member

he sent me 4500

Old 10-29-2005, 05:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I think enough information about the scam were posted and by providing more detailed information we just help scammers.

Old 10-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Newbie Member

set him up, ur gonna get instructions to send thru western union. Contact western union and catch his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marj9381
I am just now reading all these posts about Concordia Charities. I received an email regarding the part-time donation processor, and didn't think of checking it out. This is because they didn't ask for any money, so I signed the contract and faxed it in. So now that I know that it is a scam, what do I do if they send me something? If anyone could give me some advice, that would be great. Can I just ignore them if they send me something in the mail? I have been reading everybody's horror stories with this organization and am sorry to say that I fell for it too. However, I have not received my first donation to process.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Bronze Member

The best thing you could do is to hand that check over directly to your authorities or forget it. You're not going to set anyone up. I bet he will tell you to send it to some guy in the Ukraine because that's where I was instructed to send the money.

I repeat DON'T CASH THE CHECK.

Its a forged check and you will have repurcussions. You won't set this guy up. What are they going to set up a sting in the Ukraine based on what we say in the US? I highly doubt it.

I have that EXACT SAME EMAIL in my files from what our good friend Michael sent to me.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I got the same email from Michael Burton through Career Builder and looked at their web site which seemed legit. I signed up out of desperation - sorry I didn't see the scam.com web site first! I deposited the check not realizing it was phony and sent a donation before the bank figured it out. Has anyone managed to get the money back? I'll let you know how that goes before I report this to any of the authorities.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTP-mad
I got the same email from Michael Burton through Career Builder and looked at their web site which seemed legit. I signed up out of desperation - sorry I didn't see the scam.com web site first! I deposited the check not realizing it was phony and sent a donation before the bank figured it out. Has anyone managed to get the money back? I'll let you know how that goes before I report this to any of the authorities.
Get the money back from who? And how, and who will help you?

Reporting it to the authorities should be a priority for you if, as in my my case, you plan to go ahead and file bankruptcy and don't want the judge to think you just ripped off your bank for you own profit. Getting the money back is highly unlikely.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:53 PM

Michael Burton -- New scam as of 10/29/05

Ok guys, Michael is up to it again -- or not? You tell me, I've posted another article on my website at http://www.webnetpresence.com/articl...or_scams2.html

I received the e-mail today and posted it right away.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I recieved the same email from micheal. i sign the contract. i just received a check for 4500. THANK GOD I DECIDED TO RESEARCH THE COMPANY BEFORE I DEPOSITED THE CHECK. This bastard needs to pay. :mad:

Old 10-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Newbie Member

yeah what u mean we cant set him up? hes tellin people to send it to some guy in ukraine, and i bet thats either him or his partner. Thats why u have to get western union invovle because the only way to catch that guy is to catch him at western union when he picks the money up, u know wat i meaN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG_1301
The best thing you could do is to hand that check over directly to your authorities or forget it. You're not going to set anyone up. I bet he will tell you to send it to some guy in the Ukraine because that's where I was instructed to send the money.

I repeat DON'T CASH THE CHECK.

Its a forged check and you will have repurcussions. You won't set this guy up. What are they going to set up a sting in the Ukraine based on what we say in the US? I highly doubt it.

I have that EXACT SAME EMAIL in my files from what our good friend Michael sent to me.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I too received an email from Careerbuilder, I emailed Michael some questions, but he never really answered them. But when I asked what happned with dishonored checks he was quick to point out that they use cashier checks. I asked him to send me a contact and more company information and all I got was the contract. I was trying to find something out about them and came across this message board. I sent Michael an email with this link and told him I was not interested after reading this message board and told him that I would be sending this info to everyone that I know. He had the gull to reply back to me. Here is his email.

I know about this message board, we had to let go some of the our subs, they are complaining now.

Sincerely, Michael Burton
michael.burton@concordihome.org

www.concordihome.org

Concordia International Organization

Sunday, October 30, 2005, 5:42:33 PM, you wrote:

> Michael,
> I just thought that I would tell you that I am not interested after
> reading this message board. Thanks but no THANKS!!

> www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6025

> PS I will be forwarding this on to everyone I know.

Can you believe this guy!!!! I am lucky, I never signed anything. I just wished he did not know my email address.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This guy is something else to say that he let these people go and they are just complaining. I have also had the priviledge of doing business with this guy now I have to go to my bank and try to explain this fake check. If he is reading this then I just want him to know that you may be making a lot of money off of us but you are a coward and you will get yours. At first I was scared and humiliated but now I am just beyond angry. I am doing everything I can think of right now to expose this and if anyone has any helpful info in doing so please let me know. The more people who report this and bring attention to it, the more likely we can stop this guy.